Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Koozebanian Fazoob

ACCENT CORE Potemkin Combos

Just wondering, is there a list out there of Pot's 100% damage combo with the guard guage normal? Wanted to know some crazy kill combos if they are possible...

I see this on a match, and If there´s a way to pull this out, game over.

6P (CH), S, 2S, 623HS > [Walk up a little for get on the right distance] 623S, 632146+HS > 4123641236+P, P, c.S, 2S, 623+HS (RC), 2+HS, 623+HS 63214+HS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq0vBHfik_Y

FAB does it here, but he does not link after the super.

I was wondering if it´s cause it´s not possible, or maybe you can get to the 623+HS from the wallbounce after the overdrive and then spent the remaining tension on the finisher.

I´ve never played Potemkin, but this looks like a badass combo (if it can be made) and I want to know if this can be dne without recovey.

What do you guys think?

Actually its Burst-bait setup with throw attempt that was failed at the end.

I managed to understand the combos posted in the first post but...I'm a freaking noob so chances are I'll be able to pull RCs more than FRCs, but for the time being what are some combos I can use until I get enough Tension to do bigger damage?

Stick with the basics if you don't have any tension. K 2S 2H Heat is pretty solid for a knockdown and tons of tension. CH H into Slidehead also nets you a free slidehead combo. Mainly when you don't have tension, you want to get yourself some ASAP. I tend to just poke a lot and walk forward if people try to run away.

OK, so that's St. K-->Cr. S, Cr. H-->Heat right? Funny I've been using that combo a lot last time I played XD I don't understand the 2nd combo but I believe it's H-->QCF+S? Will try it. BTW I found the Potegaman combo vid rather resourceful, but want to know how I can get his P. Buster to connect as an OTG

you should really put JG CH combos. Most of the time you hit with JG they are either retarded or you get a CH. It's mostly: CH JG, K, 2S, Heat CH JG, 2S, 2HS, Heavenly i believe CH j.S combos are fairly important as well. dont forget you can do RC 2S Heat off a 2D if they're close enough.

OK, but damn what's the timing on FRCing or RCing his P. Buster, A. P. Buster & H. P. Buster?! I tried pressing 3 buttons at certain frames when he lands and releases, but nada!

frcing pot buster: go to training mode, turn input display on, when the bar flashes white, thats the FRC timing, it's when he BEGINS to throw the person. he has no heavenly or air p buster frc.

The white flash is the time at which a particular move CAN be False Roman Cancelled, or FRCed. To get a really easy picture of this pick faust and do his 236236S super. When he finishes swimming he gets up and does a pose which has the longest FRC in the game at like 60 frames (or 1 second) The command bar is completely white the entire time for that.

Yeah, usually FRCs that are not instant (like dizzy's 2HS) tend to be more difficult, at least for me. But a lot of practice and Pot Buster FRC timing will just be automatic, like dizzy's ice spike.

Bread and butter i always use

<25%TENSION>(close)5P->2K->c.S->5S->5HS->HF FRC 2HS-HK EXTEND

<50% TENSION>(NEAR CORNER)HF FRC 2HS HK EXTEND FRC->6HS->236P->2D

<50% TENSION>c.S->2K->5S->5HS->HF FRC 2HS->HK FRC (IN CORNER)5P->5P->c.S->5S->(delayed)HF

:vbang::yaaay:

:vbang:

From before, translated by POScrub:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=133561&postcount=154

Some of that is outdated, for instance you can do PB FRC HF FRC Giganter on May and Millia as well.

As for what's possible in matches pretty consistently:

Use 2s Heat on: Eddie, Testa, Sol. It's the best you can do consistently on them.

Use 5s 2s Heat on: Millia, Dizzy, Slayer (walk forward and WAIT before the 5s), Anji, May (walk forward a slight bit, also if you do it too fast you get a close 5s that whiffs), Baiken (hard for me, for some reason), Johnny, Jam, Ky, and Faust.

Use 5s Heat (which does 2 pts more than 2s Heat) on: Axl. Also you might want to use it on May as well since the 5s 2s tends not to combo.

Use 2s 2h Heat on: ABA (easiest!), Robo (easy), Chipp (need to wait before the 2s, easyish), Bridget (easyish), Pot, HOS, Zappa, Venom, and Ino.

I think I got everyone there.

Note, the 2nd post a bit lower down than the wiki post, from Zepp, Kawin's site, might be more accurate. See the midscreen potbuster stuff. Shrugs. And Mike Z is right, it is pretty outdated, and I've never actually proofread/confirmed ANY of the listed combo notes, so take it with a grain of salt.

i know some of those are innacurate though, you can do may and slayer S 2S without walking :/ but i'll try them all. thanks!

Yes, you can, but I was listing what I've found to be the easiest way. If you walk, it makes your far 5s hit earlier in the animation, so if you do it once they get to the proper height it gives you more leeway and you have less of a chance of missing. Since I started holding 6 before FRCing through hitting S, I tend to miss less on everyone.

yeah, holding 6 before the PB FRC S 2S HK combos REALLY helps, thanks man. on that note, I've been seeing abegen do this a lot when he has 75% tension and the enemy has burst: 6K, Giganter, FDB, Hammerbreak, PB (I see people escape stagger but still get hit by the PB, which is actually better but still, escapable), FRC, standard followup. The interesting thing about this is, once the giganter starts, its pretty much 100% burst safe till the followup. edit: completely burst safe unless they do the burst as soon as you start hammerbreak, during the followup, it doesnt combo if they do a level 2 stagger break but does on a level 1.