Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Koozebanian Fazoob

ACCENT CORE Potemkin Combos

I do that a lot (in fact it was in Potegaman, hehe.) Anyway, you can make it Lv2 stagger-safe if you do (something) Giganter, hold 6 to walk a slight bit 3214S, HF/break PB. The Lv2 stagger out of Giganter is long enough that you can walk a small bit first, which makes you close enough that the FDB staggers long enough for it to combo. If you want it to combo, that is. On that note, if you dizzy someone and they don't have a burst, please for the love of god start with FDB before you PB, since it will give you the 25% tension you need to FRC. I see so many people not do this, then not be able to follow up... Mike Z

I dunno about you guys but I have people shaking out of non-CH Giganters pretty often, so I would be pretty cautious about doing something that only requires Lv2 break. Sounds good otherwise though... not that I frequently use 6K.

no the fdb part is easy to get on a level 2 stagger, prolly can get it on level 3 stagger if you try hard enough.

its the FDB stagger im talking about.

I hit people here with it a lot, and they're mashing pretty well...also, from frame data: Bullet startup -> 51 6h startup -> 23 FDB startup -> 21 So you should totally be able to land it if you can land 6h after Giganter, which you can do if people mash. FDB also staggers for max 65f, whereas Giganter staggers for max 55.

Is there any specific range or specific characters I can do slide head, jump towards, 5S, 5S TK Air buster? Any other possible ways after slide head depending on distance...? I've fallen in love with that one :P Get's boring after a while just doing walk up / HF break, 5K, 2S heat in casuals....

I use this quite a bit. 7Hit - S, 2S, 2H, Heat Extend or 8Hit - (Close) S, S, 2S, 2H, Heat Extend Could be a good way to go into the Gig Loop, not shure, havn't tried it. It may not be woth it since most of the damage comes from the Extend.

Is there any specific range or specific characters I can do slide head, jump towards, 5S, 5S TK Air buster? Any other possible ways after slide head depending on distance...?

I've fallen in love with that one :P Get's boring after a while just doing walk up / HF break, 5K, 2S heat in casuals....

it only works on meaty slidehead afaik

and p reed those are like... really basic combos and they dont really start off something that useful... and its always better to use regular heat without extend unless it will kill them.

probably listed but, the two best anti-backdash combos are:

S 2S Heat (will catch them in the air).

(corner) 6HS, Hammerfall FRC, followup char specific, but 2S Heat always works afaik (you can do 2S 2H Heavenly for something like 75-90% life on most chars), this will make people regret thinking corner bd is a good option lol

you can hitconfirm them both pretty easily, and just do hammerbreak if they are blocked.

On some characters like Sol and Baiken, it's possible to do sj.S, land, combo into Heat Knuckles. You must hit the Slide Head at the right distance though.

Yes I meant to say ground combo of choice into Heat Knuckles. Sorry if it sounds ambiguous.

Hello folks. Just re-started playing a bit after being retired for about a year. I am wondering about 2 things: If I hit a basic combo like 5K, 2S, 2HS HF Break j.P, j.K Air PB in the corner and I have the option to continue on afterwards, they can tech so I can't combo into heat/extend. What do you guys use as a finisher here? Second: I ALWAYS FRC my normal throw to 2S > heat to make sure my opponent stands up closer to me(better okizeme options). I was wondering if there are better options after regular throw FRC because damage is rather sucky. Or shouldn't I be FRC-ing it at all(I think it's funny though)? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

I believe if the APB takes them to the corner you can usually do P S TK.APB to finish it up. If you throw them into the corner with the regular throw and you feel like blowing some tension you can always do Throw, 6P APB, P S APB. :I The throw prorates 50% though so it's really not worth trying anything fancy with it unless it gives you the extra damage it takes to win a round.

From frame data:

Flick startup: 21

6h startup: 23

Giganter 2nd startup: 51

I am sure you can't land it on someone scrubbing the buttons as hard as possible, since training mode stagger recover 3 gets out, but if you can land a 6h you can land a flick more easily.

Yeah but "scrubbing the stick" doesn't have the same ring to it. [edit - in fact, it has quite a different ring (^.^) ]

This motherfucker must of been on one, he was mashing for his life! I landed aegis went right into flick and he blocked. *jaw drop* proceded toget eddied:arg:

Flick is +2 on block, if you got Eddied after that it was your own fault. (^.^)