Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thunderchunk

Puddle Unblockable

Soup guys. First time poasting, long time lurker.

Is there a particular reason why we place the puddle and J.H or J.K instead of the simpler 6K? It works for me but I'm not really playing with professionals. Is it to avoid short pokes or is it just harder for people to get the timing right with it?

I'd say I'm pretty darn good at GG, but I don't really know anybody who can really compete with me and I can't play online. The people who I do play with have to use Gold characters to attempt to even up the matches between us (unless it's Gold Slayer or Sol in which case I kinda have to pick Gold Eddie).

My only real method of practicing is playing Gold Order Sol while I've got full guard bar and no burst but it's a completely different game between playing the computer and playing an actual person so it's not the most effective way of getting better. :(

air moves recovers faster and don't prorate. also can crossup with j.S, for the odd balls who try to block the unblockables

j.S crossup is also really good for taking care of people that reversal right the fuck out of the puddle. and you can time any of the jumping normals to be a reversal safe meaty, too. though i think that's what 4r5 meant. shrug

j.H is the obvious choice because it does the most damage, j.S has more active frames and is easier to time if you're not familiar with wakeup speeds.