Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

CHAOS BREAKER (aka Dark Awake) - PSN: 08/05/2010

Is this awesome?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Is this awesome?

OMG, it's been sooo long since I've played a fighting game where mistakes feel like you just took a bullet, and not a slap on the wrist. You like games like ST or CvS2? Huge punishes, large importance on positioning, and a single mistake can ripple through out the rest of the match; not just round, the entire match! This game literally fell out of time, 2004 to be precise, back when you couldn't even make one mistake. None of this hand holding we got going on now. I'm so glad it didn't get a console port till now. Otherwise it might of died with all the other pre-SF4 games. But now it has a chance, as evident by you coming to this thread.

Also, vids out for this game are of questionable quality. As far as I know, there's only one arcade in Japan that plays this game at all, TRF, and sometimes their tournament vids range from players never missing a hitconfirm or combo and impeccable spacing, to players that block everything with their face. Maybe with console release, TRF's scene will become more consistent. Or maybe America will take to the game, like MvC2?...

I see. If AH3 isn't region free/doesnt get a US version, I will get a PS3 and check this out as well.

also, http://shoryuken.com/f2/chaos-breaker-eolith-coming-psn-239722/index8.html#post9305032 awww yeah item list

anyway to get this conveniently? I'd love to try it out, but don't feel like ordering a card from japan and configuring a Japanese account etc...

The most convenient way to get it is to get someone to game"share" it with you. But that involves that someone to give you their account info and take one of their 4 remaining redownloads. That's the only way to get the game without making a Jap account. All the other ways, you gotta make an account, but it's balls easy. Don't even have to get up off the couch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Kfm0gCTX0

If you know someone in Japan or some other Asian country that sells Jap PSN cards, you can ask them to buy one for ya and have them email the code or something. Play-asia sells them, and I think they give you an option of forgoing shipping and they'll email you the code.

Getting Chaos Breaker was the easiest import I've ever done.

hmm interesting, I wonder if the emial it to you immediately or not(or at least reasonably immediately). I may check it out then.

Anyone have a download slot for this game that they can send? If you are seeking payment or something in return let me know, if not thank you so so much. Please PM me and we can set something up.

-Tha Hindu

ok, im willing to share my jpn psn account (for a price of course maybe 10 or 15 im not sure yet) with 3 people, if someone is interested pm me

I'm thinking about doing a documentary on the midwest scene by getting footage at majors. Are there any good web production companies to work with? I'm checking out this video production company . Any others? I don't have the technical skills to do it myself.

ne month old, but who cares

a funny thing, is that after watching this videos i realized that you can have access to different supers (besides the ones of your character) based on the item that you selected

:3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0CpZN1NAnY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbZNE4DFNzg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAAQDL0vUco

This has actually been gathering some steam at our weekly locals. We went from me and the person who originally brought it to 4-5 players in a few weeks. People have actually liked this a lot, much better reception than I'd expected. 

On another note, any advice for a Fina/Troll/Cursehead or Mara team? I'm debating which anchor to pick and general tips on my characters in general. I've read the SRK wiki stuff on this but I was wondering if someone had something of their own to contribute.

Nightmare Blade item for Mara anchor, Earth Hammer for Cursehead in case you're curious.

This has actually been gathering some steam at our weekly locals. We went from me and the person who originally brought it to 4-5 players in a few weeks. People have actually liked this a lot, much better reception than I'd expected. 

On another note, any advice for a Fina/Troll/Cursehead or Mara team? I'm debating which anchor to pick and general tips on my characters in general. I've read the SRK wiki stuff on this but I was wondering if someone had something of their own to contribute.

Nightmare Blade item for Mara anchor, Earth Hammer for Cursehead in case you're curious.

Heh cool your rocking Fina/ troll team too eh? I use Zod as my thrid member.

Personally I think troll should be fiirst to be your battery. climbing walls and spamming thousand stabs works really well in meter building. 

Fina is usulay best in any other psotion than lead as she need meter to be a threat.

Don't know what to say about others. I still have limited match experince 

climbing walls and spamming thousand stabs

I think you're thinking about Goblin here. I'm running Troll as second because he uses meter well enough to not be point but needs health to headbutt and power through things so he's not exactly the most reliable comeback anchor. I feel like both Mara and Cursehead work better in anchor position.

I'm actually running Fina as my battery. Meter charge is the furthest thing from reliable, I know, but she does build good meter. I might actually think about a different point character though, I really wanna keep both Troll and Cursehead/Mara and I have no idea where to put Fina in that set except point.

The other two points I'm thinking about right now are Orc and Vargan, gotta see how comfortable either of those feel.

Is this game still available for purchase on jp PSN? It's looks worth a try.

Yes. Be warned though that it's 1028 yen and not a flat 1k.