Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greats

Wonderful World

For anyone wanting a small tutorial for Lunathia.

<Lunathia video>

... holy hell, I'm not the only person who plays Lunathia?

Nice looking video. On a technical note, the text was a bit hard to read (was blurry, at least viewing it on my end). Not a terrible deal but for future stuff you might want to clean it up a bit more. :)

Hell's Rain notes: "Pisses off Cielo." I lol'd.

Maybe not worth noting in a beginner tutorial, but air Hell's rain is just as useful as the ground version for pissing people offzoning, since it comes out faster (although recovers slower) and can be done in the midst of an air backdash.

Re: Disaster (214HS) - I wouldn't recommend going for one of these after every knockdown. The move is pretty slow unless BRK'd, so depending on the combo you just came off of you may be giving the opponent time to rush out of it before it goes active. Especially after the close-hit OTG into oki situations in some of the combos you have at the end of the vid - not gonna lie those look very risky.

Of course, mixing that shit up will keep them cautious.

... holy hell, I'm not the only person who plays Lunathia?

Nice looking video. On a technical note, the text was a bit hard to read (was blurry, at least viewing it on my end). Not a terrible deal but for future stuff you might want to clean it up a bit more. :)

Hell's Rain notes: "Pisses off Cielo." I lol'd.

Maybe not worth noting in a beginner tutorial, but air Hell's rain is just as useful as the ground version for pissing people offzoning, since it comes out faster (although recovers slower) and can be done in the midst of an air backdash.

Re: Disaster (214HS) - I wouldn't recommend going for one of these after every knockdown. The move is pretty slow unless BRK'd, so depending on the combo you just came off of you may be giving the opponent time to rush out of it before it goes active. Especially after the close-hit OTG into oki situations in some of the combos you have at the end of the vid - not gonna lie those look very risky.

Of course, mixing that shit up will keep them cautious.

Jesus, the quality was bad. I don't really know how to increase it at that point since I did try different methods to increase it with no results. :V

Also, about the disaster thing, you're right on that one. Though, whenever I do end combos in OTG into disaster, I often hold back.

From what you and Greats just said, I think I'll take that one down and fix what I should re-word and add that ADC section I completely forgot.

I actually haven't played this game in about a month 3 or 4 months now.

I just went back to it to get down the air dashing section now.

Turns out I still remember my combos and what not.

Yeah, I need to play someone but the only local player I have doesn't get to show up very often, and netplay on school net is suicidal. :v:

So, for those who still follow this game: version 0.7 is up, complete with a new character! :toot:

First off - don't see any significant changes in Lunathia. Doubt I'd be able to spot changes in other characters, so I'll refrain from trying.

Also, is it a new thing that characters have colors for all six buttons? Because last I remember at least the BRK button didn't have a unique color ...

Anyway, on to the new character:

Charlette - a slow character that does tons of damage with a huge sword. Also pretty sure she's a wolf-girl or something to that effect.

Here's a quick 'day-one' overview:

Step dash, no airjumps or airdashes. Overall slow maneuverability.

All ground S/HS moves and specials appear air-unblockable.

5P - high, short range hilt poke. Links into itself

2P - low hilt poke. Links into itself, low.

5K - advancing shin kick, hits low.

2K - low kick. does not hit low.

5S - advancing, spinning sword swipe. good reach (almost 1/2 screen)

2S - high angle upward poke. seems to completely whiff all characters not in the air. Completely untechable on air hit.

6S - upward vertical sword swipe. two hits, launches. BRK when recovery starts.

5HS - vertical downward sword swipe. groundbounces, but not very high.

2HS - ground-level sword stab. low, sweeps.

6HS - slow-as-hell unblockable that wrecks half the opponent's lifebar and wallslams. can be dash-cancelled or BRK'd partway through the windup.

j.P - down-forward sword stab. hits overhead, but the hitbox is smaller than it looks.

j.K - knee attack. active forever, hits overhead.

j.S - slightly upward-angled sword slash. looks like a good air-to-air.

j.HS - vertically spinning downward sword attack. can hit multiple times depending on spacing. groundbounces a bit on ground hit, and is an overhead.

Ground throw is a simply grab and toss maneuver. Doesn't seem to allow follow-up, but does decent damage

Air throw brings them to the ground with no apparent follow-ups, either.

Original action:

5O/2O - creates a brief barrier that can catch an attack. on catch, the opponent gets hit.

Haven't played around with this much yet, but it seems you need to match the actual standing/crouching state of the opponent's attack. Trying to, for instance, 2O Charlette's 5S fails.

Specials/Supoers:

(Note: all move names are quick translations from the movelist and may be inaccurate.)

236P - Heavy Tail - hard-hitting hilt poke. Short range, small launch on hit. BRK on hit allows follow-up.

236S - Drill Blade - advancing forward stab. Good reach. BRK during startup.

214S - Spiral Typhoon - Spinning, ascending sword attack. Multiple hits, doesn't seem to be a reversal.

236HS - Rock Break - Large jump into downward smash attack. Launches very high on CH. Very telegraphed overhead, but can BRK any time during startup, giving it double function as a really high jump :v:

236236HS - Terra-Break - super version of 236HS. Seems to have a giant hitbox vertically if the opponent is in hitsun for some reason. Does like 60% raw.

Day-One combos (all tested in mirror-match conditions):

5HS 6S 236HS BRK j.H

does like 40%, may whiff outside the corner depending on spacing

5HS 236P 6S 236HS BRK j.H

similar to the above, bit tricker, but seems more consistent midscreen and does about 50% damage

CH 236HS -> 6HS or 236236HS

silly combo that probably shouldn't work in a real match, but eats like 80-90% of the opponent's lifebar for almost no effort. insta-gibs Aiwhen (not that that's surprising)

236HS 2S 214S

gets about 65% damage meterless. All three attacks are links. Seems to work midscreen even.

nice, i have been busy lately but once i get my pc set back up and everything i'll def have to check this out

This means time to update Lunathia tut if I find any changes..

Subbing chartette. Wolf ears too strong.

This means time to update Lunathia tut if I find any changes..

Played around with the new version some more. I felt a few things were tighter to combo with Lunathia, but nothing was dropping that I know worked before so it might just be me being out of practice with the game.

For wolf girl - improved version of a previous combo:

5HS 236P 6P 236HS BRK j.HS <land> 214S

still trying to figure out how feasible it is to actually start combos with 5HS (as I don't see any way to actually combo into it yet). 5P and 5K starters needs an extra BRK on 236P to get combos, and she builds meter really slowly if my run through arcade mode is any indication.

Also, Friede is the new boss character. Rather easy, compared to boss Lynia for instance. Does have a move that summons all four eyes to shoot your with lasers at once, though.

Subbing chartette. Wolf ears too strong.

Considering subbing her as well, even though I typically don't fare well with slow characters.

... wait a sec - you play Lunathia, Celia II, and Plat? Don't tell me you play Sol in GG too ... we might be clones! :sweatdrop:

Thanks for the heads up on the new version.

Always a pleasure to pick up WanWan again <3

EDIT:

Just noticed that it seems he changed Duna's 623HS. It goes much further in front of her than before, or at least I think it does.

Played around with the new version some more. I felt a few things were tighter to combo with Lunathia, but nothing was dropping that I know worked before so it might just be me being out of practice with the game.

For wolf girl - improved version of a previous combo:

5HS 236P 6P 236HS BRK j.HS <land> 214S

still trying to figure out how feasible it is to actually start combos with 5HS (as I don't see any way to actually combo into it yet). 5P and 5K starters needs an extra BRK on 236P to get combos, and she builds meter really slowly if my run through arcade mode is any indication.

Also, Friede is the new boss character. Rather easy, compared to boss Lynia for instance. Does have a move that summons all four eyes to shoot your with lasers at once, though.

Considering subbing her as well, even though I typically don't fare well with slow characters.

... wait a sec - you play Lunathia, Celia II, and Plat? Don't tell me you play Sol in GG too ... we might be clones! :sweatdrop:

I mained Sol first time I picked up GG fo some months, but I ended up maining Baiken.

But I do have a pocket Sol now, of course.

5P and 5K starters let you do whichever into 236P 2K 236P 214S for a basic meterless combo, in case you didn't find that yet.

She also has a new super, and her cmd throw drains retarded amounts of life now, but yeah.

I think Chartette's most damaging combo so far is:

(corner, counter hit) 236HS > 236HS > 2S > 5K > 236P > BRK > 5HS > 236S > BRK > 5HS > 214S

It does enough damage to (probably) kill every character in the game, but 5HS > 236S > BRK > 5HS might not work on some characters.

I can't say all that much about her gameplay wise, but as someone else pointed out, her meter build is awful. Walking and dashing seem to be her most efficient method of gaining meter.

5S > 214S is pretty damaging for how simple it is, is really easy to hitconfirm, and builds a bit of meter.

5HS seems to be pretty good for tech punishing, but I don't know if it'd be any good against an actual player.

Her Original Action doesn't seem very good to me. It can be BRK'd, so you might be able to get a simple combo after it, but it's really hard to actually land.

I think she's fun so far. Flawed, yes, but definitely fun. Definite sub, potential main if I figure her out enough.

Oh yeah. This game exists. Whoops. Well, time to see if Alice does anything new....Also, I need to start playing this again. Cheese, we must play.

5P and 5K starters let you do whichever into 236P 2K 236P 214S for a basic meterless combo, in case you didn't find that yet.

Okay, good to know. Apparently I suck at combo theory. :v:

She also has a new super, and her cmd throw drains retarded amounts of life now, but yeah.

I'll take that over boss-Lynia's hyper-forever-mixup any day. Friede has painful things, but she can easily enough be guarded if you pay attention.

Hell, regular Lynia can be scary if you're on hard difficulty.

I think Chartette's most damaging combo so far is:

(corner, counter hit) 236HS > 236HS > 2S > 5K > 236P > BRK > 5HS > 236S > BRK > 5HS > 214S

It does enough damage to (probably) kill every character in the game, but 5HS > 236S > BRK > 5HS might not work on some characters.

That looks fun. I know I tried CH 236HS -> 236HS and didn't get it to work, but it's probably just timing much like CH 236HS -> 6HS (needs a very slight delay, I found).

... hmm, perhaps it's time for another combo video.

EDIT:

I can't get the 236S BRK 5HS to connect. But subbing it with 236P BRK 5HS works fine, although it's not quite enough to full-kill Cielo.

Cheese, we must play.

That we must.

Also, if my five-second translations of the arcade mode win quotes are accurate, Lunathia thinks Chartette is a puppy. :kitty:

Chartette, however, denies this.

I know I tried CH 236HS -> 236HS and didn't get it to work, but it's probably just timing much like CH 236HS -> 6HS (needs a very slight delay, I found).

You have to land the first 236HS from far away. It's really situational.

EDIT:

I can't get the 236S BRK 5HS to connect. But subbing it with 236P BRK 5HS works fine, although it's not quite enough to full-kill Cielo.

5HS > 236S > BRK > 5HS is actually really hard. The idea is to cancel into 236S immediately, BRK it as soon as possible, and then do 5HS ASAP. If done properly it should almost look like you BRK cancelled 5HS into 5HS. I wouldn't worry about learning this though, it's a bit too difficult to go for in a match and by the time you actually get a chance to land that combo, they should be dead halfway through it. 23

Also, if my five-second translations of the arcade mode win quotes are accurate, Lunathia thinks Chartette is a puppy. :kitty:

Chartette, however, denies this.

Yep, your translation is right. Her interactions with most of the cast aren't too interesting, but that one's pretty cute.

Just some stuffs.

Will further edit this post. It's 4:28am. I have shit in hours. Must sleep. Must sleeeeeeeeeeeep.

I like to use pads for my PC games.

what kind of pad would you recommend for this 1?

this ps3 pad from gamestop works but it feels sluggish. sometimes it doenst work properly either.

Well, I use my Ps3 controller and the MotionInJoy for Windows... Well, my brother does, I'm using my TE for this game.

Plug in your wireless controller if you have one via usb, turn on MotionInJoy, select the Playstation 1 settings if you wanna use D-pad only and Playstation 3 settings for analog. There's also the option to config your buttons to other buttons via MotionInJoy. (Such as turning Square to Triangle or D-PAd Up to Axis y)

Your pad should also work with it, but I don't know how it responds to Third-Party, myself.

yeah 3rd party controllers seem to make the game act weird.

like sometimes it infinitely locks the controller the the -Y axis position and makes it unmoveable.

i have motion joy so ill give that a go again, i just wanted to see if theres a pad i could buy since its alot easier to just plug it in than do all that other mess.