Sign in to follow this  
bizarro

AC: Strategy Guide

I used to try and do bubble loop comboes too with prebuffered 241S and 6HS but it'd cost me tons of matches, now I won't do it on anyone other than ABA and only if I can drain her bar. For a bubble pop setup, I prefer using the combovid #2 combo in the Combo thread, starts off with HP fish into IAD j.2S, laser, 2k, 2d, bite IAD j.D, 214k, bite jHS | -> basic air combo (maybe bubble loop on certain characters) I just started using this like 3 days ago haha

on ABA tkBubble actualy do better damage than 6hs setup and works anywhere on screen :vbang: i got impression the 6hs was a lol moves as it has a very long start up, but probably the setup might works for tick throw mind games, argh!!! ... it seriouslly gives me headache last weekend, throwing tons of 6hs but only once they got hit when 1st time i tried the weird setup XD

Back when I was learning how to play fighters and Guilty Gear, yeah I did. Also took another look at the strategy guide itself and I noticed that you can gatling 6P into 6HS and it says there's enough time for a move to come out but normally not enough to punish you, might wanna try adding that into my game. For fun I already do 2K, c.S, 6P, 6HS, jc.D anyway, wonder if I can buffer spear long enough to swap jc.D into IAD j.HS and summon a bubble

I've been trying to come up with some sort of okizeme to use on Baiken, but for obvious reasons it's fairly difficult. I recently had the idea of simply summoning a bubble right on top of her and then either popping it in the air or landing and doing a low/throw mixup. I messed around with it in training mode a bit, but it just seems too simple and there must be some horrible flaw I'm overlooking, but it seems like the amount of damage you can do off of TK bubble pop > 421S > air combo/bubble loop would make the Baiken player at least a little hesitant to attack you before you have landed for the ground mixup. I was wondering if it was at least worth doing occasionally, or if there's some fatal weakness that makes it unusable.

Tk Bubble>|>throw ... imo very easy to read a throw came from it and probably Baiken Player would bufer and option select ouren<=>throw break on corner oki have never use it on real match, i'll try to test it since there's a very good Baiken player in my area

It's not a horribly bad okizeme, but it's also not terribly great. Depending on how you got the knockdown, you may have time to bubble on top of them, but there's a big risk you can be airthrown out of it. I'd rather you look at your summons and work with what they bring. A well timed released homing pike stuffs ouren, fishes eat sakura and P counter, and the discodance can easily be thrown if you're alert. Fishes and held pike is a good startin point, and then se if you can either bait counters or land your own mixups / tick throws.

Sup gents! I don't have much background experience with GG (started with BB), but I would really like to pick up Dizzy and learn how she works in the grand scheme of things. 1. In guarding her front... -how does Dizzy keep opponents from approaching her directly via dash up (e.g., notable normals and specials/mobility etc)? 2. In guarding her head... -how does Dizzy keep opponents from approaching her from the air (via IAD, sj'ing, etc)? 3. On defense... -what are some of her unique options of breaking pressure (whether it be taking the offensive or returning the match to neutral)? 4. On offense... -Dizzy does not have the health lead: how does she go about establishing her offense? what are her mix-ups and general windows of attack? 5. What is Dizzy's most efficient range (close/mid/far)? 6. Which characters deserve special mention with match-ups in mind (who has to be handled especially differently)? **I am posting this now with intentions to return and continue to read up and apply answers on my own, but if discussion is sparked in someone, please feel free. :3

I'm no pro, but I think I can answer some of these, at least partly. 1. Fish guards her pretty well. Without fish, 5HS catches people off guard with its huge range. 2HS is pretty fast and good damage off a counter hit, and is fairly safe if FRC'd. You can also go for random Ice Spike if you feel like it (hopefully you have tension to FRC this if it whiffs). Lastly, you can just run away. 2. Anti-airs: 2S does it fairly well, as well as 5S if the angle is right. 6P may also work. An early spear can also be used, although more difficult. 3. Getting stuck in the corner sucks and it hard to retaliate. Double air dash allows her to escape. 4. To set up an offense, throw something out, preferably a fish but spear also works, maybe even scythe wtih FRC. Once that's out, Dizzy can rush down. Overheads are dust and IAD 2S. Lows are 2K and 2D. IAD towards to other side, then IAD back with 2S is a cross-up. Also don't forget tick throws as Dizzy's tick throwing capabilities are pretty good. 5. Dizzy's effective range is far because she can more safely throw out something at long range (damn you EXE beast!). But once something's out she should go close to do damage. 6. Match-ups forum for character specific stuff.

1. In guarding her front... Dizzy is terrible on neutral in my opinion, or in any defensive position. You can use 5K because the range is decent on that, but 5HS is also liable to get you punished if they rush in with moves like Order Sol's Rock It or several of Slayer's moveset. You can attempt to IAD away, and utilize her two air dashes to put some distance. Like Grey said, if you have the fish out with you, you have a bit more defense in your rushdown but multihit moves like Axl's normals will screw you over. 2. In guarding her head... If they are still far away, her air spear has it's uses (421S) and 2S has limited AA capabilities, but they're all risky and punishable. Again, defensively she's terrible so if you're under up close pressure just block and wait for a more obvious opening. 3. On defense... Reversal Coffin Tension works at times, but don't rely too much on it. Like everyone else, she also has DAA, which is two buttons and 6 while gaurding (i.e. 6PK while in blockstun) and if it counterhits it's a guaranteed knockdown iirc. Nothing that anyone else doesn't have, so your defensive options are limited. 4. On offense... Knock them down. Summon fish. Begin oki. Hope for another knockdown, repeat. Check out the Dizzy guide on how to utilize the fish better, and which combo strings to use, the basics aren't hard. A key combo would be her IAD string into ice spike. IAD, 2S, HS, c.S f.S HS Icespike is a basic combo. You can get fancy and skip the f.S, or go into 2HS after HS, or do subtle variations of it, but they're all distance dependant. You'll get a feel for it after awhile. 5. What is Dizzy's most efficient range (close/mid/far)? I'd say, mid to far range depending on the other character. Your IAD 2S isn't as effective from across the screen, as it's easily telegraphed and can be punished, but at mid range it's very effective when people attempt to punish and their move comes out too slow. Doesn't apply to people with shoryukens however. 6. Which characters deserve special mention with match-ups in mind (who has to be handled especially differently)? Potemkin, never let him corner you ever. Watch out for his aerial super grab, and remember that his hammerfall only has super armour for one hit, so f.S and fish are your friends. It's an easy match if you get far enough away to set up, and then rush in. Beware his slide head, and remember you can dash over it since she counts as 'off the ground' when rushing in. Venom, don't even try to IAD him, his 6P is too good. Anyone with an uppercut, especially multi hit (aka Sol), be careful in your oki as he can punch through the fish and still hit you.

I'm guessing the GG forums will become more lively once AC is released for PSN/XBL so I'm getting into GG now as preparation. Also started with BB and currently learning on a cab (I don't have a PS2 here).

Just wanted to show my gratitude for such a well written guide and great community.

Okay, lots of good questions, so let me explain the Dizzy fundamentals as general as I can without going into matchup specifics.

The neutral game

As many have pointed out, Dizzy has sub par normals, and is generally beaten by most opponents. On the other hand, once she has summons out, she is at a distinct advantage. Thus, mostly the mind games in the neutral game will be about Dizzy getting her summons out. To help her from being rushed down completely, she has ice spike and sometimes 5k and f.S against ground/IAD rushdown and 2s against jump-ins. Usually, the fear of being smacked by an ice spike (especially if you have tension to FRC, which makes it completely safe, and sometimes even allows you to punish their attempt to punish) is what will keep the opponent hesitating from rushing you down, and will allow you at times to trick them with a dry summon. Against certain opponents, even the odd unexpected rushdown (like, IAD back, airdash forward j.P/j.2s) can work out if they are only expecting the Dizzy player to play keepaway.

Under pressure

Okay Dizzy does not do well under pressure. She doesn't do horribly, but she doesn't do great either. Your best hope is generally to FD block and try to find an opening to get out (and remember, j.2S is throw inv.) or DAA. Once again, this can be a mind game and opponents just waiting for you to jump out can have a field day if you are too predictable, but if they are passively waiting, you can actually sneak in a summon after the worst pressure has been dealt with. Just, you know, DEFINITELY don't be predictable with this as it can lead to CH punish and DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. Yeah, the occasional 2H or 2P abare might work well, but it may also very well hurt you if people are fishing for it. Be cautious

On the offense

Suppose you've managed to get a fish or dagger out, then suddenly you've gained tons of passive abilities. Extra shield, strike while blocking etc. So practically it allows you to advance on your opponent a lot easier, if you play your cards right, you may very well get some neutral game mixups, leading to knockdown, which is where Dizzy really shines. Two airdashes, tons of summons and awesome throw range will give you a great set of tools to mixup your opponent until they die. I suggest you look at the appropriate threads for more details.

Special Matchups

Well, ALL matchups are special and need to be handled in special ways, but I think I can mention two that specifically stand out for me, because they force you to use Dizzy in different ways.

1) Venom. Yeah, I played N-O last weekend. Let me tell you, he didn't give a shit if I got my summons out or not. Why? Because HIS summons are just as good as Dizzy's and he can get a lot more a lot faster. So in this matchup, it's not just a mind game to get your summons out, but also to prevent him from getting his out, and that involves a bit more rushdown than usual.

2) Chipp. He can close in on you without ever having to fear coming across Dizzy's anti-rushdown strategies, and so you have to be even more careful about when you are allowed to do things. You spend a lot of time under pressure.

I hope that answers your questions, I didn't answer the one about range because it depends on so much else, but generally you want to be at a distance where you can summon without being punished.

Edited by Nehle

I've been wondering about Dizzy's 2H. People suggest using it to get out of pressure, but isn't it a tad slow for that (8 frames)?

Like most abare, it's a gamble. If you IB > 2H then yes, in some situations it might be good, but you better make sure you FRC that shit, since the recovery is also a very weak point. I wouldn't recommend mashing it randomly though if you consider the risk/reward

Anyone know any good oki combos as I feel like I'm pressing the same buttons over and over again even with mix-ups....?

Oki Combos...?

If you are looking for okizeme stuffs, check out the AC: Okizeme thread.

If you are looking for combo stuffs, check out the AC: Combos thread.

The Dizzy page on the DL wiki has some stuff listed there, in regard to both topics.

Ok so I've mastered Dizzy's 236 HS FRC. With this apparently being one of the hardest FRC's and since I'm also going to pick up I-no later I wanted know. If I can do this how difficult will it be to get down I-no's 6FRC6?

Ok so I've mastered Dizzy's 236 HS FRC. With this apparently being one of the hardest FRC's and since I'm also going to pick up I-no later I wanted know. If I can do this how difficult will it be to get down I-no's 6FRC6?

master in training mode or in real matches against players? there's a big difference ^^, I-no Chemical love FRC depending on if you can do JI during combo or TK cancel your HCL... in the end, no one can give you an answer, try posting some matches instead.

I'm guessing the GG forums will become more lively once AC is released for PSN/XBL so I'm getting into GG now as preparation. Also started with BB and currently learning on a cab (I don't have a PS2 here).

Just wanted to show my gratitude for such a well written guide and great community.

Thanks buddy I'm glad it's still helping players after all these years!

So after almost 5 years of not touching GG or checking these forums, I'll be returning to the scene once again as soon as I get my ps3 :D So much has happened over the years, graduating college, starting a career, even a brief stint on Ninja Warrior :P I know I'm a mod here so I want to apologize for not doing my moderating duties, and a big thanks to Nehle for being here and offering his help. Frankly I thought that GG pretty much died out after everyone switched to BlazBlue so I'm pleasantly surprised that there are still committed players here. I can't say how much time I will be able to spend playing GG and helping with the forums, so no promises, but I will do what I can.

BTW Nehle saw your matches against N-O, that must have been quite an experience eh? You got some great matches in! Did you play him in person?

Edited by bizarro

Sign in to follow this