Sign in to follow this  
hatorri hanzo

Faust in Slash : Matchups

i was wondering what matches are good and which are bad for Fausts? I recently played a slayer and i think that Fausts is the better one in this match. any opinions or does the slayer i played just suck? in the match i used alot of standing slash, to hit him while he used his dashing. I also played against a good I'no and lost i couldn't do much under i'no's note pressure except use a DAA and then rush in, but i still lost. Just any info on which characters he's good against and which ones he is not good against.

Rapes: Anyone not listed below Advantage: Jam, Slayer, Dizzy Average: Testament, Venom, Bridget Disadvantage: Robo Ky, Axl, Sol Ugly: Eddie, Millia Best matchup: Potemkin Worst matchup: Eddie Basically, how easily Faust can zone a char determines how well he does in that matchup (except for Chipp, who's just a wimp). Also, Faust's methods of getting out of pressure are unreliable when compared to some other chars. vs. I-no: Just throw out 5ks all day. Your 5P, 2P, f.S and 2H completely kills her ground game, so she's basically forced to the air. All she has is her dash and jump-ins. When she dashes, I-no's gonna be forced to FD your 5k, and then you could just >236P and start pressure from there. If she doesn't, oh well, free air combo. The only thing to be aware of is CL poking. Then, just do the Zappa method of running under.

What kind of advantage Faust has over Slayer? 1 CH 6P midscreen from Slayer is enough to kill Faust ^^ Faust doesn't outpoke Slayer (BDC helps Slayer). Faust can't keep Slayer at bay all the time. Sooner or later the Slayer will get in.

What kind of advantage Faust has over Dizzy? Dizzy can flood the screen with her fishes, and this difficult a lot his zonning.

From my experiences, I-no's 2S will beat Faust's attacks only when they're waiting for you to attack. In that case, you have to turtle/bait a little more. Plus from its max distance, Faust's 2h>I-no's 2S. Now, I never mentioned that you could just throw out 5Ks and expect them to get hurt by it, more to force the I-no to block.

so you gonna post why you think Faust is the favorite against slayer SDV? i had some good matches against slayer today, i changed my mind i think faust is better in this matchup. i beat slayer at the arcade using joysticks, i would have beat him worse if it was on PS2 and i used the d-pad. just used alot of 5k when he tried to jump in and 5s to stuff his backdashes and 236p motions.

you already know how to beat slayer then^^. IB mach punch and do 2s, 2h pogo combo. be careful of BDC bite and j.HS and mach punch(although i think 2s and 5k will beat it out or at least trade) cause there pretty much your only threat. item, 5s, bomb bag( FD on your way down dont wanna get hit by 6h) rinse repeat cause slayer struggles with that *SDV*

you already know how to beat slayer then^^. IB mach punch and do 2s, 2h pogo combo. be careful of BDC bite and j.HS and mach punch(although i think 2s and 5k will beat it out or at least trade) cause there pretty much your only threat. item, 5s, bomb bag( FD on your way down dont wanna get hit by 6h) rinse repeat cause slayer struggles with that

*SDV*

I know how to beat a Cholo using slayer that plays with the right hand on the joystick and the left hand to push buttons, crossover style. His slayer aint that good, i just need info incase i come across any real good slayers.

item, 5s, bomb bag( FD on your way down dont wanna get hit by 6h) rinse repeat cause slayer struggles with that. this is all you really need everythin esle will be based on your reaction time as far as blockin mappa and mach and he shouldnt even be close enough to you to pretend he's goin to crosswise heel you. If your faust is on the same level as the slayer player you should win by default. vs. Axl I would say this the most perfect 5-5 matchup in the game. From mid-screen faust is da favorite do to 5s to stuff he's ground pokes and if he attempts rensen use 41236k and nab him for a CH. Hammers are your best friends. If you throw a hammer from mid screen any ground attack axl does will get CH and we all know what happens when we get 2 CH hammers right:badboy:? dont be afraid to use 214s if you notice axl spammin 2h, 5p, and rensen itll net you CH and situational combos. Axl rushdown is a bitch to deal with. if he leads in with a 6h IB it and 214h his ass, but other than that FD him away and tempt him to do 6h. Look for holes to hit him with 2s. Unfortunately i play on mainly instincts so i cant tell you the exact spots off the top of my head^^ Oh yeah axl can kill mini faust with rensen and dpreversal through item bomb. As i play this matchup more and remember more things ill post more on it. *SDV*

^No, I personally believe this match is slightly on Axl's favor, but only by a bit. From close, Axl's f.s is a killer. Not really too much of a problem, but still a nuisance. From far, you really can't do much. Faust's air approach sucks ass, so you can't jump-in to punish random rensen/2p/2H pokes at all. The 41236K could work, but it's obvious to see for most players. The only thing you could rely on is run>FD run>FD to get closer. Throwing items also helps greatly, but watch out not to get poked out of it. Mid/Mid far range is where you'll shine in this match. From there you could usually punish anything Axl sends at you. It's really easy to lock down from there, and usually you could keep him down for a good while with item throw.

Faust definitely has an advantage over Dizzy. Yes, Dizzy is a great zoning character. But she struggles against characters with long basic range (i.e. Faust, Axl). Aside from being able to outpoke Dizzy on many instances, Faust has many ways to avoid Dizzy's projectiles as well as kill her fish.

I think Ino is one of Fausts worst matchups. Her ability to lock Faust down with her rushdown is difficult to deal with. Ino's mixups in the corner are too good. 6p, p, and 5k are pretty much the only things you can counter with and they arent the most reliable. I also noticed that compared to most other characters like potemkin, aba, ky slayer and testament she is lighter and falls slower so when you do land a counter hit 5k you cant air combo after and you can air combo after a 5p but thats pretty rare when that beats a hs from ino. On the opposite side i will have to agree that slayer and aba are at a disadvantage against faust.

I only know a little about I-No(mostly only theorical), because I never confronted one. But I can suppose that he can get below Chemical Aijou, and if he can keep her away from him, she can't do her mix up.

I have more trouble with Baiken than any other character. She can run through all my barrage and react counter to almost everything. Is it just me or is this a really bad matchup for Faust? If it's not, what should I do against Baiken that is different than other characters?

ack, i've played some really good i-nos and i've gotta say that's one of fausts way easiest matches imo... i dunno what to say... i don't find her offense that hard to pick apart once you get the hang of it because she really has little offensive variety imo, she's either in the air which a 6P will usually take care of no problem or she's doing that move that comes from the bottom which is easy to just jump 2K counter into hella damaging combo on her, don't be scared of the notes btw, faust can pretty easily dash under them/crawl under them/ jump and use FDC'ing to avoid it while still maintaining good position so yea... If I ever face an i-no player, personally no offense but i've got 100% confidence in myself against them :p I'm just glad that faust vs. eddie got so much more managable, i'd say it's around 50-50 easy now :)

For Baiken, as with most characters, you'd wanna keep distance, poke from range and use your items. Your items will let them come to you.

Maybe you haven't played any decent Baikens, but my opponent can counter or defensive run on react. Poking becomes very risky playing with Baiken in this manner. There is not much I can do when Baiken goes into her defensive run, except try to get as many hits until he runs out of hits he can pass, but this is always really dangerous.

Lol, here it comes, the "maybe your tips suck" reply. Poking from range keeps you safe from counters. Plus why would you stay around when if blocks your poke anyway? Item cancel then continue footsies. Plus, hasn't anyone told you? Mawarikomi is severely punishable.

Sign in to follow this