Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arkrados

[CS] how do you unlock different paths in story mode?

Getting Tsubaki's bad end is strange. I AFed Carl, beat Jin normally, beat Noel normally...didn't work. Tried again, AFed Carl and Noel...still no bad end. Now I was pretty annoyed, but I finally AFed all three and got the bad ending. Weird.

Maybe it's a random chance based on the number of times you DD/AH them? Or it could be related specifically to the Jin fight and not Noel/Carl.

i cant get jins to work :\

i dont get an option at all, throughout the entire story

ive tried it like 3 times

You might be speeding past it or something. It's at the part where he jumps from the ship. I don't think it gives you an option the first time through his story.

Technomagus I did exactly what you said you did before and after I made the changes to the guide and I never got the bad end after picking the 1st option.

You might be speeding past it or something. It's at the part where he jumps from the ship. I don't think it gives you an option the first time through his story.

I can confirm this. The first time will play all the way through with out giving you a story path. You can either win or lose to Rachel.

Getting Tsubaki's bad end is strange. I AFed Carl, beat Jin normally, beat Noel normally...didn't work. Tried again, AFed Carl and Noel...still no bad end. Now I was pretty annoyed, but I finally AFed all three and got the bad ending. Weird.

I just got Tsubaki's bad ending DFing Carl and finishing of Jin and Noel normally, although I did use a distortion on Jin, it didn't kill him.

Anyway, I just did Carl's story on my playthrough and unlocked the remaining episodes of "Teach Me, Ms. Litchi!"

Looks like you need to have all (non-Litchi/Tao) characters involved receive a non-joke ending to unlock the episode, so that means:

Episode 2: Bang and Carl

Episode 3: Hazama, Noel, and Jin

Episode 4: Tsubaki and Jin

Episode 5: Ragna and Rachel

I've yet to go through Litchi's or Arakune's stories, and haven't yet gotten Carl's True End either. Got Joke end first, then Bad end. Episode 2 unlocked after the Bad end. It might also be percentage-based.

Wait, what? How did you unlock the rest? I finished everything in story mode and only have up to Episode 2. Do... do I need to do them in a particular order? :gonk:

Yes, I do.... Thus my confusion. :psyduck:

Have you watched Episode 1 yet? You still have to watch each episode before the next one unlocks. Once you meet the requirements, it unlocks provided each previous episode has also been watched. Remember, before I went through Carl's story, I had EVERYONE ELSE except Litchi and Arakune Clear or Clear + Joke beforehand.

FWIW, here's the order I went through story mode (May not be exact, but close):

Watch Teach Me Ep 1

Ragna Joke (Unlocked Noel, Tao, and Carl)

Noel Joke (Unlocked Jin)

Tao Joke (Unlocked Bang)

Bang Joke (No unlock)

Ragna Clear (Unlock Rachel)

Rachel Joke (No Unlock)

Noel Clear (Unlock Tager)

Jin Clear (No unlock)

Tager Clear (Unlock Tsubaki and Lambda)

Lambda Joke (Unlock disappointment)

Tsubaki Joke (No unlock)

Tsubaki Bad (No unlock)

Tsubaki Clear (Unlock Haku-Men + Interview)

Haku-Men Bad (No unlock)

Haku-Men Clear (Unlock Hazama)

Hazama Joke (No unlock)

Hazama Bad (No unlock)

Hazama Clear (Unlock True End + Interview)

True End Clear (Unlock Dat Ass and Dem Lazrs)

Ragna, Noel, Jin, Bang, Tao, Rachel, Lambda, and Tager 100% (Unlock VA Interviews)

Carl Joke (No unlock)

Carl Bad (Unlock Teach Me Ep 2)

Watch Teach Me (Unlock remaining episodes as watched)

Carl, Litchi, and Arakune 100% (Unlock remaining VA interviews)

Something is definitely funky with Tsubaki's alt end. Watched a friend choose option 1 against Carl so he didn't fight him, then AHed Jin, regular finish against Noel, got the alt ending. I did the same exact thing and did NOT get the alt ending. Restarted, chose option 2 against Carl, beat him normally, AHed Jin, regular finish against Noel, then got the alt.

The fact that I did the same thing as my friend and we got two different endings leads me to believe there's some kind of random chance factor.

Just finished Ragna's alt ending (choosing the second option with Rachel)

As much as I love BlazBlue, that was just too long and random ><

Edit: Upon further playing, it is my opinion that everyone's story is entirely too long (not even counting alt paths). In some cases, I could go minutes of pressing the a button, attempting to quickly skip through aaaaall of the text. Then get to a battle... Then spend another 5 minutes wading through story.

I think the BB team should have kept the story length to that of CT :/ Or save all of these extras for the internet, its manga, or maybe even a separate DVD (kinda like .Hack// style)

Something is definitely funky with Tsubaki's alt end. Watched a friend choose option 1 against Carl so he didn't fight him, then AHed Jin, regular finish against Noel, got the alt ending. I did the same exact thing and did NOT get the alt ending. Restarted, chose option 2 against Carl, beat him normally, AHed Jin, regular finish against Noel, then got the alt.

The fact that I did the same thing as my friend and we got two different endings leads me to believe there's some kind of random chance factor.

IIRC, Tsubaki's bad ending occurs when you use the Izayoi (ie, DD's and AH's) too often in her story mode battles, not from selecting the wrong options.

Question why i cnt make 100% on most of chars i made all 3 endings for most and still got like 70-98% and with carl i got 100 but i miss 1 galery pics from story wtf O.o

Hm. I'm having a major problem, in that I'm staring at "TAGER: COMPLETE", but Tsubaki & Lambda both stay locked. An idea what's wrong? Do I have to get a better completion with some other characters first? I got the impression from the guides it was getting Tager's canon ending that unlocks them, so I'm really pretty confused. :/

ill explain, to get the completion % to go up you need to get all the endings even the ones where you lose at every fight Ex. lose the first fight, restart, lose the second restart 3rd and so on until you have lost vs everyone. to unlock other story modes you need t play through everyones story modes and get to an ending to unlock other character story modes.

ill explain, to get the completion % to go up you need to get all the endings even the ones where you lose at every fight Ex. lose the first fight, restart, lose the second restart 3rd and so on until you have lost vs everyone. to unlock other story modes you need t play through everyones story modes and get to an ending to unlock other character story modes.

This isn't true in CS. Bad endings and defeats no longer add to the percentage, nor are they required to unlock new routes.

Hm. I'm having a major problem, in that I'm staring at "TAGER: COMPLETE", but Tsubaki & Lambda both stay unlocked. An idea what's wrong? Do I have to get a better completion with some other characters first? I got the impression from the guides it was getting Tager's canon ending that unlocks them, so I'm really pretty confused. :/

Did you play through Jin's story mode yet by any chance?

This isn't true in CS. Bad endings and defeats no longer add to the percentage, nor are they required to unlock new routes.

Not entirely, there are some matches you have to lose in order to get an ending but no new routes would open.

Though for some characters new story routes would open upon completion of their story's true end.

Update for CSE version

You have to play through the CT story mode portion and then watch the CS1 opening before touching any char's stories after that you unlock Ragna's. Truth end still only requires clears from Ragna, Noel, Jin, Rachel, Tsubaki, Hakumen, and Hazama. All they did was add a ten second clip at the end of it that no one will really care for.

Unlocking

EX1: Get a clear on Noel's story

EX2: Get Tager's Alt ending

Makoto: Get a clear on Jin's story

Valkenhayn: Get a clear on Hakumen's story

Platinum: Get a clear on Bang's story

Relius: Get a clear on Carl's story

Makoto - Sight Hope

Clear: Pick the 1st option after Tager, and at next branch pick whatever

Alt: Pick the 2nd option after Tager

Joke: Beat Makoto's story, start it up again and at the very beginning there will be a branch, pick the 2nd option for joke ending.

Valkenhayn - Hunting Dog

Clear: Pick the 1st option at first branch, and 1st option at following branch

Alt: Pick 1st option at first branch, and 2nd option at following branch

Joke: Picking the 2nd option at first branch

Platinum - Scapegoat

Clear: 1st option after Arakune, 1st option at the following branch

Alt: 1st option after Arakune, 2nd option at the following branch

Joke: 2nd option after Arakune.

Relius - Darkness Visible

Clear: 1st choice at beginning, 1st choice after Rachel fight

Alt: 1st choice at beginning, 2nd choice after Rachel fight

Joke: 2nd choice at beginning