shtkn

Ky Beginner Guide

ok i'm not sure if i got it lol but from what i read after performing air dust when you land there is recovery frames and the only way to continue would be to dust cancel? I was looking around and I couldn't find the process of performing dust cancels. it's not frc air dust is it or FD?

In reload and slash yes it was possible to FRC to dust cancle, in ac though not to my knowledge. You should still be able to FDC dust cancle as well in AC though(there are acctualy 2 different kinds of FDC dust cancles.... acctualy there might be another one maybe.. but anyway) Though neither of thus are acctualy what im talking about. Sorry id be more indepth how to do it, but I just know someone would come read this, and steal it and take it as them finding it out shrug. So with that ill be an ass. But if you keep working on it, im sure you will figure it out.

In reload and slash yes it was possible to FRC to dust cancle, in ac though not to my knowledge. You should still be able to FDC dust cancle as well in AC though(there are acctualy 2 different kinds of FDC dust cancles.... acctualy there might be another one maybe.. but anyway)

Though neither of thus are acctualy what im talking about. Sorry id be more indepth how to do it, but I just know someone would come read this, and steal it and take it as them finding it out shrug. So with that ill be an ass. But if you keep working on it, im sure you will figure it out.

Hold up, sorry to point this out but why the hell would you even mention anything like that if you were gonna be an "ass" about it not go into detail about something we know little of? It's not like we even have a general idea of what your going on about.

Stupid post, goddamn...

I finally come by the Ky topic just to see whats going on, only to run into this.

WTF? I'm gone!

He brought it up, not me. I was simply telling him why he would have trouble comboing it. I didnt bring it up..... also your gone? I dont think many care. Why dont you go make some more videos of yourself and put other peoples names in it so people will acctualy give a damn about them.

Interesting it's not fd or frc. I asked elsewhere and a source gave me air s,p,s in and it does in fact combo after air dust. However it's extremely hard for me to pull it off. Either the p will miss if too high and sometimes the last s won't finish. Otherwise I don't have a problem continuing with 2p on the ground. Something about canceling the attack frames into the recovery frames.

It seems to me that what you're asking about is the cancelling landing recovery from j.D after airdashing. It's an odd trick where if you land while whichever move you're doing before doing so is still during active frames/hitting opponents, it will take away the recovery upon landing. You see it everywhere in Ky #R and / CMs. Could be mistaken tho :psyduck:

No no, you aren't mistaken at all. My question is more in detail how to perform this. Is it like, I time air HS just as I land so that the animation comes out but doesn't hit? I've tried that but the recovery frames are still there as I land. Reason I find this interesting is because I played mbac and it's easy as hell do this.

Well.... for starters, doing it with landing j.HS is hard as hell.... I've done it a handful of times, but the timing is too strict compared to j.S or even j.P which I can pull off consistently.

Jump-install before comboing into the VT. Eg. 5Sc, tap up, but before you jump hit 2H xx 623H, RC, AD, etc etc. You can land from your AD and do another rep for another 50% tension, or just do land -> 5Sc (tap up), 2H, sj.S-P-S sdj.S-H VT or something for no tension.

I haven't really noticed but are their any other uses for jump install besides juggles? And, when you guys say 5k is meaty it means that it is out for a long time. So on the enemy's wakeup say against another ky they do vt, a 5k meaty will hit them before they get it out?

ky have some kind of anti trow move? for example may have she just run to opponent and when he standing up she press kick or something...and she become ontrowable T_T

Ky doens't really have any "unthrowable" moves. His Vapor Thrusts have some throw invincibility on them, and his Greed Sever brings him off the ground, so he can't be ground thrown, and his Ride the Lightning has some throw invincibility on startup, but none of those moves are really useful as an unthrowable move like May's 5K.

5K is your good meaty normal, but yes, it's throwable. Just don't get so close to them. It'd be nice if 6K was throw invincible...and an overhead...and combo into c.S...and wallbounce on air hit...

You can use "jump install" to be safe as well. Remember that you can store your jump install as long as you never go back to neutral. So lets say in reload you get air comboed/dust looped, whatever from sol to knock down, he does meaty gun flame FRC runs in on you. You reversal shoryuken RC then air dash. If its blocked, its blocked you air dashed to safety, if its not blocked you just air dashed to shoryuken loop. So yea remember you can store jump installs by not going back to neutral and stuff so you can use it in situtions not just for combos.

ok as it was asked to me i give that shit again (if deleted i'll leave the place definitively) i know for some of u it's scrubby soooo as cse is now slower on some points it's worse for the opponent..... so from a 2d (knockdown) link a cse,frc,then dash and corner and middle screen -jump do nothing,land hit low -jump,air attack then link to ground combo if it didn't tuch land and low/high -jump,air attack(blocked),jc air attack/do ntohing,land hit low/high -jump delay with air dash s,hs or k,s,land and combo -jump,delay air dash kick,land and throw (works with every char btw i use it a lot with o-sol) middle screen -run and jump forward to pass behind,air dash back,s,hs,k,s,2d and cse frc again to pressure.... -run and jump forward perform a s that makes a cross up land and ground combo -run and jump forward(u pass behind),do noting,land,k,s,2d -run and jump forward (pass behind)air dash back,do nothing land and hit low or throw -run and jump forward(u pass behind) and air dash back higher then usual so u come back and that makes a second cross up and yada,yada (still same princip) yeah cse is that much slow u got time enough -run and jump forward(u pass behind) air dash back,s,ex air d,land and throw...... hope it'll help some of you.......

thanks for posting this lars, if you don't mind, i'm going to put that into hte guide.

okay, i've added in a few more combos, as well as an oki section. tell me if there's anything you guys think i should add/ any mistakes i've made

Hi guys im new to the forum ^^ but i got a question. I've been practicing on Ky on Accent Core Plus for the psp on training mode and theres this one more where the computer controlled ky seemed to did which is a Charged Stun Edge except it's being thrown straight forward while on air plus he dashes during that move. i've tried many times but still cant get it. Any ideas?

The Computer is FRCing the Charge Stun Edge. Roman Cancel the CSE at a certain point (When the orb forms before the fireball is the quie.) The CSE will track on Ky until it starts moving so if you FRC and jump it will throw the fireball into the air. Greed Sever, Running, Backdash, Stun Dipper, Etc will also all effect the placement of the CSE after FRC as well. Any more questions just ask.