Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snakeasylum

A Negative Edging problem

Hi folks,

I'm a first time poster but a long time lurker. I have been devoting quote some time to Eddie lately and have been studying the wonderfully written guide on this forum. I can't find myself a good PS2 arcade stick so I decided to customize my buttons on a normal PS2 pad. I can unleash pretty much the entire Eddie arsenal, but unfortunately I have a problem doing one combo that I am positive I can do.

I have bound my L1 button to do P and K at the same time so I can negative edge P when I do a CH Nobirou combo. In a match however, (and not in training mode for some odd reason) when I hold down my mapped P and K the shadow will rapidly perform -P- over and over again! I am sure I am holding down the button properly and I know these two buttons will trigger FD but that really shouldn't be an issue.

Can anyone enlighten me on how or why this might be happening? It's not a major issue but not being able to combo off of a CH Nobirou fizzles away some of my strategy. :psyduck:

Thanks guys

That's just the thing though, I want neither -p- or -k- to come out but -p- does even if I am holding the button. It's as if I am tapping the button repeatedly rather than holding it. It's strange.

That apparently seems to be the way the in-game P+K macro works. You're going to need to learn a different setup.

I actualy was getting the same problem with my joystick? I thought it was cause I wasn't summoning with HS or not holding it down quick enough, but I've clearly seen ]P[ come out when the button is held down, I guess it happens occasionaly now???

Sorry this response is a little late ( had a small vacation ), but I'm starting to think this problem is strictly with Accent Core +

It's just a theory but it's definitely a nuisance. I was planning on purchasing a PS2 stick at some point but since the above poster is having the same problem with his stick, I may think about reverting to vanilla Accent Core

little eddie macro glitch happens on reg AC also

Dan... ah well thanks for the help though. At least now I know it's a glitch and not my execution that is the problem. Again, I appreciate the help and it looks like I may just have to purchase a PS2 stick somehow!