Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Phantom Breaker (Now coming to arcades)

There's a data install option now? I dont see it in options :O

Also, where can the listed changes be found?

Yeah it's weird, you go to options and then press Select to start the process, also it'll get stuck on "100%" for awhile but DON'T back out, when the proccess is done it'll change system menus and your only option will be enter.

Also there weren't too many listed changes on the blog, so there might not be too many signifgant changes, but there are as follows:

Heads up guys, there's going to be a title patch for the game, interesting that they're dropping at different dates... The 360 patch will be available same day as release (9/19) while the PS3 ver hits on Thursday (9/26).

For the most part it seems like a fairly brush up patch (updates title screen to let you know you're running ver 1.01, fixes an apparent issue concerning Emergency Mode input, fixes a bug concerning some of Waka's Specials, apparently Situation Battle has some weird battle bug, an error in display of Life gauge, and various other tweaks not listed) the only real difference between the 2 patches for systems seems to be the PS3 ver will add Data Install so that you can increase performance by installing game data to your harddrive (such a rudimentary function it seems weird it wasn't in by default)

wait that actually rules in quick style. unless in hitstune n o quick style normal can knockdown unless its in critical frame. Sure your not in hard style?

Ugh, that's what sucks about jumping into a game mid series = 3= so much ignorance ; -;

Although I'm fairly certain [as I use Hard mode more often than not] that 2H didn't knockdown even in Hard mode for Shizuka, but I could be remembering it wrong or have had Quick on the last time I was trying stuff out lol. Either way thanks for the clarification, good to know!

Also Yuzuha can't cross through fully cornered opponents(?) O.o

Ugh, that's what sucks about jumping into a game mid series = 3= so much ignorance ; -;

Although I'm fairly certain [as I use Hard mode more often than not] that 2H didn't knockdown even in Hard mode for Shizuka, but I could be remembering it wrong or have had Quick on the last time I was trying stuff out lol. Either way thanks for the clarification, good to know!

I remember making post about it earlier about vanilla but then it was poorly written at the time. Oh here it is.

(edited)

Sub system

Styles- Can choose between Quick or Hard style that has both passive and active properties. The most notable thing about them is they both have different Nullify attack, Reflection, and Overdrive effects.

Quick style attributes

+Over all frames faster. (Including movement options and frame start up and recovery)

+ Chaining normal attacks definitely. (can chain all normal attacks including extra normals)

+Guard cancel enable (dash, back dash, and hi-jump).

-Lesser Health and Guard value

*Quick Nullify attack: Character performs a dodge like animation that’ll cause the incoming attack to whiff while slowing down the opponent.

Quick Reflection: A successful Reflection on your opponent attack will put them to a guard state for limited of time weakening their guard value in the process

Quick overdrive: allow normal, special, and throw to chain indefinitely while also causing slow down effect on opponents.

Hard Attributes.

+ Overall health and Guard value stronger (can with stand more damage as well can't be guard broken as easily)

+ some special attacks have additional clash frames and amour( special attack/hyper special have more clash frame and some have amour to prevent interruption)

+ Crouching heavy attack will always cause knock down on hit.

-Normal attack chains are stricter

-Movement significant slower

- attack damage weaker

*Hard Nullify attack: Hard style nullify will perform a stronger guard that mitigates regular guards frame recovery, In addition it freezes opponent frames, ignore any air unblock able on first active frame, prevents Guard frame traps.

Hard Reflection: A successful Reflection on your opponents attack will put then in disable stagger state for limited of time.

Hard Overdrive: Hard overdrive has the respective player character have amour point’s thrue out the duration of overdrive ( mode. (except when air born)

Misc Style

*Styles have exclusive palletes

*Style have effect Burst build rate. (quick building more so than Hard for some and vice versa)

Shizuka

2 - Ren: Perform 2 dash cancel combos (2-star), and KO with a dash cancel combo (3-star)

6 - Infinity: Hit with a Phantom Break (2-star), KO with a Phantom Break (3-star)

Gaito:

3 - Mikoto: Knockdown enemy 2 times??? (that's what it says, but Gaito's 2S doesn't work, so dunno)

Day 1 Rimi stuff!

(By the way, are we using LMHS or ABCD convention? I'll use LMHS if that's what everyone has agreed upon.)

Alright...first off, frame data! This was collected manually by counting frames from vidcap, so it's not 100% reliable, but the HUD blinks every frame so it's pretty easy to count. Stuff like super freeze was measured by counting the frozen frames of a jumping opponent.

THIS IS ALL QUICK MODE STUFF. I did test a bunch of her normals in Hard Mode and there was no difference in the frame data, but I guarantee nothing.

5LLL - 6f/15f/22f, entire string is safe on block, 3rd hit juggles.

5MMM - 8f/18f/28f - 5M alone is very unsafe, but 5MM and 5MMM are fine.

5HHH - 8f/25f/19f, 5H is + on block

6M - 13f overhead, unsafe

6H - ~16f overhead, safe if spaced correctly, juggles on hit

66L - 8f, massively +

66M - 6f, +/-

66H - 8f, +, juggles on hit

2L - 6f low, safe

2M - 8f low, safe

2H - 10f mid+low, safeish

j.L - 8f

j.M - 12f

j.H - 14f

j.S - 15f

j.2M - 17f

j.2H - 6f(!!!), juggles on hit, cannot be used when opponent is airborne, cannot be canceled into Delusion of Wings

j.6H - ~16f, cannot be canceled into Delusion of Wings

Specials:

Delusion of Wings - 6S - ~15f, air OK. Near-fullscreen dash that strikes anyone in its path. Inflicts a lot of blockstun.

Delusion of Wings - 6LS - Light version is just a short dash with no damage. Invincible for most of the animation. Can be canceled early into 5S for an attack.

Great Delusion of Wings - 6HS - 6f, air OK. Bigger and faster, also leaves a wing behind that can hit enemies long after the attack is complete.

Feathers of the Winged Delusion - 4S - ~17f. Rimi summons a bunch of feathers around her. It's very slow in both startup and recovery, and the hitbox isn't great, so I'm not sure how useful this move is.

Feathers of the Winged Delusion - 4LS - ~13f. Light version is slightly faster, but the feathers don't spread nearly as far.

Abundant Feathers of the Winged Delusion - 4HS - ~17f. Same story, except Rimi recovers before all the feathers have disappeared.

Delusion of the Mighty Di-Sword - 2S - 8f, some quick slashes. Great poke, but it is punishable on block, so have 25% meter ready.

Delusion of the Mighty Di-Sword - 2LS - 10f. Light version is more difficult to punish, but longer startup.

Delusion of the Very Mighty Di-Sword - 2HS - 2f! The shoulder comes out instantly after the super flash if you are point blank. Blade takes ~12f to become active. Amazing reversal, punishes everything at close range.

Whose Eyes are Those Eyes? - HS (Quick) - 19f. Lasers. Damage.

Delusion of Running Through the Feather-Winged Dance - HS (Hard) - 3f. There is a long freeze after the super flash, such that you can hit ~2/3 screen instantly, making this a very good long-range reversal. It does not appear to have invincibility. Very safe if blocked, due to the trail of feathers left in its wake. It appears you can create an unblockable setup if you're close enough to capitalize.

General stuff:

Rimi appears to be a high-mobility aerial mixup character. She has an amazing j.L and j.2H, a j.6H which mirrors her ground 6H, and multiple versions of Wings of Delusion with SP cancels for maneuverability. She can also alter the trajectory and speed of her jump by holding 4/6/8.

Rimi has a 6f low and a standing 13f overhead which can be chained for safety, making for an already scary mixup game. Additionally, she has an instant overhead in the form of her j.2H, which comes out in only 12f if timed correctly (6 minimum jump frames + 6f for the move). j.2H is riskier, but you can get ridiculous damage off of it because it juggles on hit. 6H is her third overhead option, it is a bit slower, but has the greatest range of the three.

Her standing normals outside of pressure are pretty bad, but she has good dash normals, specials, and reversal options to compensate.

Combos:

These are all really unoptomized. Rimi has a lot of high-execution juggles and links, some of which are situational. These are just some ideas of combo paths you can do.

Tested Rimi-Q vs Mikoto-Q.

SPC = SP Cancel, cancel a special move with S and then dash. 58% meter.

2L > 5LLL > 6H > 5L > 6H > 2L > 2M > Delusion of the Mighty Di-Sword

6M > 6H > 2L > 2M > Delusion of the Mighty Di-Sword

2M > 2H(2) > 66H > jc > j.L > j.M > j.H > Great Delusion of Wings

2S > SPC > 5HH > 66L

2LS > SPC > 66H > jc > j.L > j.M > j.H > Great Delusion of Wings

j.2C > 5L > 6M > 6H > 5L > 6M > 6H > 66M > Delusion of the Very Mighty Di-Sword

Ok finally got my hands on the game and actually their more change than expected.

Style have more definitive differences as than just overdrive, phantom breaker, and nullify attacks.

Quick style

Double jump, counter burst cancel (SP) to slipshift, gc slipshift

Hard style

Critical burst (full charge sp unblockable), protect, tension build

Extra

burst gaugce capacity 400%, style switch, reflection.

General

all style is capable of command super from guard cancel.

Overview

Quick style relatively remains unchanged from vanilla on mechanic aspect and gain buff with the universal guard cancels. how ever it quick has lesser damage output and tension bonus, lost ublockable counter burst, and can only build tension from offset(clashes) and dash crossovers.

Hard style was revamped received significant nerfs by the lost of slip shift cancel and double jump, hard style got indirect buff for having the greater damage and tension bonus, counter burst retaining unblockable.

Extra is basically vanilla phantom breaker with its signature "reflection" intact and having access to the largest burst gauge available. How ever extra loses phantom breakers and has the weakest power and defense of the other three.

Misc

The new comers (sophia,ende, gaito, shizuka) sprites seem to act different than the veterans. For example its now much more difficult to crosses over the new comers in the corners after a knockdown. prevented certain tactics from working like Ren's grab loops.

While in hard, if proponent is in crouching position, they will not be knockdown unless they were already in hit stun.

Crouching fierce seem to be a universal air unblockable.

As a newcomer to the series who cant read japanese, Whats a burst cancel, and how do you do it?

forgive me that wording is off. When i mention burst cancel from quick.

I really mean counter burst to slipshift cancel. (5SP>backdash/hijump/forward dash)\

edit:

Did anybody knew you can hover in the air slightly by holding up while jumping? makes cross up and fake out pretty easy.

Edit

this is for hard style only.

edit:

Did anybody knew you can hover in the air slightly by holding up while jumping? makes cross up and fake out pretty easy.

Edit

this is for hard style only.

I mentioned it for Rimi, thought it was only for certain characters, but yeah I guess it's everyone. I'm not sure if you can really cross up in this game though, since the parry system exists, and there's no downtime after parrying even if you guess wrong.

I mentioned it for Rimi, thought it was only for certain characters, but yeah I guess it's everyone. I'm not sure if you can really cross up in this game though, since the parry system exists, and there's no downtime after parrying even if you guess wrong.
If referring to hard mode Blue block than that's not a parry, its still blocking . If referring to Extra reflection than you kind of got something. Dunno what you mean no down time. If try any of style nullify attack (slipshit/blue blocking) and guess wrong you will be vulnerable. Now of course one could just use SP, but they do have their weakness.

One of the perks of successful cross up is critical frames if hit, if they block and than you can attempt an untechable grab if they op not to GC. I wont even bother to mention the counter play for gc scenarios so yeah. Cross up have their purpose

If referring to hard mode Blue block than that's not a parry, its still blocking . If referring to Extra reflection than you kind of got something. Dunno what you mean no down time. If try any of style nullify attack (slipshit/blue blocking) and guess wrong you will be vulnerable. Now of course one could just use SP, but they do have their weakness.

One of the perks of successful cross up is critical frames if hit, if they block and than you can attempt an untechable grab if they op not to GC. I wont even bother to mention the counter play for gc scenarios so yeah. Cross up have their purpose

It's really hard to test this kind of stuff with the limited training mode, but from what I gathered, there's no downtime after an unsuccessful slipshift. You tap forward, if they didn't attack you, nothing happens. If they did attack you, it gets dodged. I've never been hit while tapping forward and moving back to block immediately.

Even if there is some vulnerability, though, the system should still negate crossups as long as you know the timing of the move. Just tap and hold right before the attack connects, if it's coming from in front you'll nullify it, and if it's from behind you'll block it normally.

Rimi is great, but her 5HHH is awful, the third attack whiffes on hit almost every time, and in some characters the second H whiffes too! Also I'm having trouble with her short range and her air to ground attacks are a bit slow (her j2H is terrible and her j2M is sloooooow).

With Waka I'm doing 5LL>5MM>5HH>4L+Sp>ender(any special including her PB) as a basic BnB. That's like the core combo, maybe I can add some stuff in some parts. Waka's j2H is great.

With Waka I'm doing 5LL>5MM>5HH>4L+Sp>ender(any special including her PB) as a basic BnB. That's like the core combo, maybe I can add some stuff in some parts. Waka's j2H is great.

How about these? they work anywhere

5MM>5H>2H>66H(hards dash attack) from their you get many combo potential.

these are after 66H

OTG 4+Lp+SP>5SP>slipshift to dash jump(669)> Air H>land> 66H> Air H. (repeat till corner carry allow tech)

or

if near corner OTG 5sp>slipshift forward dash>2H>66H> OTG 5SP>slipshift foward dash jump>Air Grab>AirSP *note the first 5sp must hit as soon as opponent lands or else the second 5sp will wiff due to opponent recovery*

extra damage and possible positioning for oki

2H+SP (will use up an otg)

It's really hard to test this kind of stuff with the limited training mode, but from what I gathered, there's no downtime after an unsuccessful slipshift. You tap forward, if they didn't attack you, nothing happens. If they did attack you, it gets dodged. I've never been hit while tapping forward and moving back to block immediately.

Even if there is some vulnerability, though, the system should still negate crossups as long as you know the timing of the move. Just tap and hold right before the attack connects, if it's coming from in front you'll nullify it, and if it's from behind you'll block it normally.

yeah training mode at times unreliable expecially sense dummy status configuration affect player as well.

But slipshift isn't much to fear when use against air attacks with its limited punishers. ALso if they do block than one can attempt to crossover during the guard stun and do untechable grab. Only relfection and GC does it become risky and even then their are counter measure for those. (Hell itsuki game is all about air dominance with her plethora of cross up potential)

finally got to play the game today, after messing around with the characters in training mode, i decided to main cocoa :)

is it me or nobody plays this game online? i hardly find anyone in ranked or player matches :/

finally got to play the game today, after messing around with the characters in training mode, i decided to main cocoa :)

is it me or nobody plays this game online? i hardly find anyone in ranked or player matches :/

I'll play online once work slows down, also my connection was weird when the game first came out but its fine now.

i just won 2 ranked games and i made sure that i saved the replay after the match, but when i enter the replay theater mode, no replay is shown. is it a bug in the game?

Actually, I was looking at the artbook (I like to stare strange symbols that I can't read :v:), then i noticed that in sex, Ende had a different symbol than Sophia and Shizuka. I was like: "Maybe it is unknown or something, he's not a guy lol". Then I noticed that Ren and Tokiya had the same strange symbol. So I concluded the Ende is not a "she" :yaaay:.....-_-. Actually, the artbook doesn't show Ende's BWH sizes as the rest of the girls in the game xD. Then I googled the "male" kanji and effectively it was the same as Ende's.....:sweatdrop:

If Ende really is male (I don't believe anything unless at least two official sources say so :kitty: ), while disappointing, it wouldn't be too surprising given Kobayashi Yuu is Ende's VA and 5pb.'s history with trap characters.