Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Phantom Breaker (Now coming to arcades)

SBO finals were funny. Both players were crying. Like one couldn't believe he won, and the other couldn't believe he lost.
Link to the crying please. :kitty:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/11/10/phantom_breaker/ more info about the game

-"quick" and "hard" grooves

-special attacks require no commands, just button presses

-"has advanced elements like countering and guard breaking"

-burst gauge, built up by beating on your foe, can be used to strengthen specials or burst out a combo

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/11/10/phantom_breaker/ more info about the game

-"quick" and "hard" grooves

-special attacks require no commands, just button presses

-"has advanced elements like countering and guard breaking"

-burst gauge, built up by beating on your foe, can be used to strengthen specials or burst out a combo

Goddamn.

Dear lord, this game looks so fucking sexy.

special attacks require no commands, just button presses

Wait what.

Wow. That certainly is an eye raiser, but I can't deny the game's colorful design and characters <3

:x

hype decreased 80pts

grooves, burst gauge being used to help offense > some shit that doesnt matter with input

as usual Stupid Retarded Kids are shitting on a game that isnt SF on the front page

grooves, burst gauge being used to help offense > some shit that doesnt matter with input

dont worry, 80 pts from 400, though with the xbox exclusive thing my hype decreased like 120 pts

Inb4 the easier control schemes ends up being a Smash bros styled special system, (direction)+D button is how you do specials.

Well, the character designer is Hiro Suzuhira, the one from Shuffle! and Yosuga no Sora. I can't expect nothing less from it, other than perfect character designs. They are looking awesome.

Dat character design.

Wait... why there is a male in my bishoujo game.

However I don't see a problem with simplified supers as long as it has a good and deep fighting system.

as usual Stupid Retarded Kids are shitting on a game that isnt SF on the front page

dont worry, 80 pts from 400, though with the xbox exclusive thing my hype decreased like 120 pts

Shame those troglodytes had forgotten that there are many other fighting games out there,also its freaking terrible this game won't see ps3 I wanted to main that pretty pink magical girl. Ah well at least I'll have Platinum whenever.

:(

As a fan of Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate, I can't ignore the hype for this game, even though I've never seen a JP 360 in my entire life. And I have my doubts about VN developers making a fighting game, as I don't remember the last time any VN developer made a good fighting game. At least the characters are pretty, and the chances of PSP port are there.

, as I don't remember the last time any VN developer made a good fighting game

Type Moon

Type Moon

Type-Moon is more of a trademark owner, all of their fighting games have been developed by other companies, like Examu and French Bread.

I looked through the thread and didn't really see these or another source with the pics, but this site has some better screen shots:

http://the-magicbox.com/1011/game101110a.shtml

(Sorry if these were already posted and I somehow missed it.)

thanx

TM never had anything to do with the actual development of MB and F/UC.

F/UC i know, but i though that they developed at least the 1st 2 MB games

Type-Moon is more of a trademark owner, all of their fighting games have been developed by other companies, like Examu and French Bread.

Examu?

Examu, yeah.

They do AH series as well, iirc.

And possibly Daemon Bride.

I'll check and get back to you.

EDIT- yup, that's them. :eng101:

F/UC i know, but i though that they developed at least the 1st 2 MB games

Co-developed. Which pretty much means they did the story mode, provided the characters, etc. while French Bread (and later Ecole) did all the gameplay-related stuff.

Examu, yeah.

They do AH series as well, iirc.

And possibly Daemon Bride.

I'll check and get back to you.

EDIT- yup, that's them. :eng101:

i was just pointing my reaction to see examu on the list, since SoWL posted examu as one of the companies that have made a game for type moon, and the only games that examu has made from my knowledge are Daemon Bride and Arcana Heart

i know who examu are ;)

Co-developed. Which pretty much means they did the story mode, provided the characters, etc. while French Bread (and later Ecole) did all the gameplay-related stuff.

i see

Okay, yeah, Examu has nothing to do with TM, my bad. Though I can swear I've heard George Nakata's sexy voice saying "EXAMU" somewhere...