Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Phantom Breaker (Now coming to arcades)

May end up getting this over Arcana Heart provided not all of the characters are lolis.

They aren't all lolis in AH3 either.

there are only 4 lolis on arcana, the rest of the cast are nymphets

and on this game there isnt a single loli

loli =/= moe

loli =/= nymphet

Okay, yeah, Examu has nothing to do with TM, my bad. Though I can swear I've heard George Nakata's sexy voice saying "EXAMU" somewhere...

ok, now you are confusing me more, why George Nakata? :psyduck:

May end up getting this over Arcana Heart provided not all of the characters are lolis.

>implying anything we've seen so far makes this compare gameplay-wise to arcana

ok, now you are confusing me more, why George Nakata? :psyduck:

Because he voices the announcer (Kotomine Kirei) in F/UC, and he pronounces the developers' names when they're shown at the beginning of the game.

Because he voices the announcer (Kotomine Kirei) in F/UC, and he pronounces the developers' names when they're shown at the beginning of the game.

I dare anyone to badmouth Kotomine's seiyuu.

I dare anyone to badmouth Kotomine's seiyuu.

Same here, he's one of the Holy Trinity of Male Seiyuus for me (the other two being Norio Wakamoto and Hochu Ohtsuka). But that's not the point, so whatever.

i dontknow why i didnt recognized his voice on F/UC, i love his manly sexy voice, no homo

Some new info about the game, characters seem to fall into two different categories.

Quick style characters, as the name implies, are nimble. They’re fast, good at evading attacks, and have long combos. Hard style characters specialize in defense and heavy hitting attacks. Quick characters dodge. Hard characters block. Both are vulnerable to throws.

Glowing orbs and lightning effects appear when players trigger the counterbalance system. It’s possible to cancel a rival’s attack with one of your own in Phantom Breaker, but 5pb didn’t explain how this works.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/11/19/the-two-types-of-fighters-in-phantom-breaker/

2 new chars revealed

New characters Tokiya and Cocoa revealed.

Assuming that the remaining 2 blank slots belong to characters yet unseen, we might find out more after the January 8 informational event.

Apparently, the remaining two characters are cameo characters from 5pb (and Nitroplus) VNs: Sakihata Rimi from ChaoS;HEAd and Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate. While I'm happy about that as a fan of both respective VNs, I'm not sure that Christina fits the fighting game genre. At least she seems to be using the gadgets from Okarin's lab.

And, well, announcing cameo characters before showing us any gameplay footage?

...Yeah, that's what I said.

Game releases April 28

And a single shit is still not given (from me, due to 360 exclusivity/lack or region free)

EDIT - Anyone know what's in the Special Edition? Also lol, this isn't an all girl fighter, silly Siliconera :3