Sign in to follow this  
低姿勢

Ky: Aiming for the max best man combo.

*peeks in* I played the game for a few mins recently... I forgot if it was possible vs them or not, I thought it was only in the corner vs baiken, faust, bridget, and zappa I think it was, but when I played the game a couple weeks ago I was able to get it vs them mid screen. *scratchs head* Anyway yea, so if I said it was only possible vs them in the corner, it would seem I was wrong. As for johnny I can still do it vs johnny so I dunno why its hard"er" vs him. As a matter of fact I can actually get it point blank more or less vs johnny. Go figure shrug. Id actually assume maybe it works vs everyone period mid screen(well besides maybe dizzy)depending on number of hits distance etc. If you delay fireball to hit them closer to the ground it makes it easier vs some... shrug *peeks out*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOYlMoNznfY

I saw a friend this weekend and he asked me if I could still do these combos since I havnt played in a year.. And well when I tried on his PSP I guess I still can.. So saying that, and seeing as how I was stuck in my room a lot of the day next to the garbage I decided to "finish" this thing.. Or well... Added to what I had I guess, and made enough more to make a video I guess.... Anyway I know I have it on johnny etc... And I remember you guys saying you cuoldnt get it on johnny. But pretty easy. Personally I think its half hands, half controler. If my hands are in bad shape I cant do it. And you need a controler that will let you slide fast. But if you have that, then you... um have combo.. I forget if I posted or not but I know I put up some other GG videos I found on my youtube page from long ago. But I forget if I ever sign on here or not... shruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug

Meh im trying to finish that random ky combo video 2 from 2 and a half 3 years ago or whatever... Pretty late but shrug... Anyway most the video is done, id say I have around 10 or so more combos to get done and ill be well umm.. done.. Just a matter of me sitting down and getting through em'. Anyway heres a preview of just a few of the combos I guess...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN9B4N11ypg

Im trying to get vs may run in s, f+p, hs, orb, run in f+hs, jump hs, stand k, stand hs, f+k, orb, run in f+hs, jump hs, stand s, fireball, FRC, f+hs, dust, s, hs, ex dust, F+p, f+hs, run in duck pX4, stand s, duck hs, shoryuken lighting strike. But I keep fucking it up... Someone should get this combo for me in full so I can stop trying to pull it off myself. =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqBHpxvimzY

I know i said with in 2 weeks.. But health stuff is taking priority as usual. And I usually have to stop after 15 mins take a break yadda yadda. So combos like this may one in the video are giving me a lot of trouble. Im having a lot of trouble getting jump dust, f+hs, orb super, duck jab link as well. I wish I woulda taped that combo when I first got it all those years ago lol. Blah... Anyway yea I dunno when it will be done but to those who care ill just keep putting up more stuff from the video on and off I guess to try and keep some excitement for it. shrug

Yo i found a really cool link running K > HS > GS and in the heat of battle i did running K > HS > GS > 2S > 2HS > GS > S 2HS > hjc > JS > jc > JS > JSH > SVT > LJ (performed on johnny for ?186?) also is there anything else you can land GS in combo off over. lastly what do i combo off of 236K his sliding K

For example: RC after second hit > S (2S on some characters) > 2HS > jS > djS > djHS > 263S/HS > HS Not sure if it's worth 50% of the tension bar...

Heh sorry forgot about this stuff... I dont think I even posted but I did put up the thrid preview for this video a few months back, but ah.... yea... the usual suspects health etc sorta got in the way of it. So its on indefinite hold again I guess.. Dunno if ill ever get back to it shrug...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5mq13RDkPw

So yea theres the third.. if I had less morals about combo videos I would cheat to get it done.. but alas I cant...

necro

the best damage I got on pot (besides 632146H>RC>stuff) was 2D>JS>JH>236H>FRC>AD>JS>JH>632146H>land>2P>c.S>2C>623H>LJ>222H. Assuming you started mid screen and worked your way to the corner. for about 180... I didn't try anything before the 2D, since my execution is pretty bad.

uhhh you can get better damage for 25 tension with 5S>5HS>2D>HS SE FRC>6HS>etc and 5S>5HS>2D is a good starter, i think even orb combo nets about the same for 25 tension

uhhh you can get better damage for 25 tension with 5S>5HS>2D>HS SE FRC>6HS>etc and 5S>5HS>2D is a good starter, i think even orb combo nets about the same for 25 tension

orb I got to do about 177 using 50 tension, so it definitely more efficient. I'm not really familiar with alot of SE FRC combos tbh, since I've always been more consistent with orb.

well you should look though this thread first, teishisei posted lots of 25 tension combos that net the highest damage that ky can do only problem with them is the link between se frc and 6hs, you basically have to press 6p+k+s+hs after se but you can go into ik mode if you mess up

Was going through this thread the other day and decided to compile the posts by fs that had the combo variations for specific characters. Might've missed some. Not sure if this post would be considered obnoxiously long. If a mod or fs wants to edit it into his first post here it is:

EDDIE...

Its pretty hard vs eddie to find a good reliable combo. None of the combos are that complicated or more so then any other character, but the way at which eddie falls, and even a slight change in distance can make combos miss him pretty easily. Obviously iad hs, land s, SHOULD be the best combo. But its pretty easy to miss, as if you stutter slightly after the f+hs and dont iad the iad HS will miss. And if you time the HS even a little badly you will get it to hit for the stand Slash to hit. F+hs, fireball IAD combos are more easy then they are on some characters, but if your a little to close to the corner, then the push back will make the SRK wiff. Of course in the corner eddie is like everyone else, no randomness there. But midscreen its harder to find a reliable one.

s, f+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs, IAD Hs, land s, jump s, jump s, hs, shoryuken strike. 236

Again easy in theory, but IAD hs is pretty easy to wiff.

S, F+P, HS, sweep, HS fireball FRC, f+hs, IAD S, HS, shoryuken, land duck p, slash, duck hs, shoryuken, strike. 227

Again easy stuff, but eddie can fall a little unlienently makeing the duck hs wiff a lot when you go for the second rep.

S, f+p, hs, sweep, hs Fireball FRC, f+hs X5 215

Well... theres nothing to really mess up with this one I guess.

s, f+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs, slash fireball, iad s, hs, shoryuken, strike. 227(with 2f+hs its 227)

Again easy stuff, but... a little to close to the corner and shoryuken will wiff so....

And the regular easy corner combo on him does 231.

Lets get to some "maximum" potemkin combos first....

S,F+P,HS, Sweep, HS fireball, FRC, F+HS, F+P, S, D+HS, super jump S, HS, Shoryuken, Lighting strike does 189.

Note a few things, in this example you can change the HS fireball for a slash fireball and this will allow you to run in faster and get a S, THEN f+p. However the combo does the same amont of damage. Also if you super jump install it does 191 so a couple points more damage. A combo of this nature to this exstent is a good staple combo in the corner that works on pretty much every character in the game.. Its pretty easy and of course does good damage.

S,F+P,HS, Sweep, HS fireball, FRC, F+HS, jump S, HS, land S, D+HS, super jump S, HS, Shoryuken, lighting strike does 192

The general idea of this combo works anywhere. Note that at this point in the gaurd bar you can not get a double air combo. Thus this is it. Again this combo should be the general idea for all potemkin combos, it works anywhere on the screen with a little varation. The above is obviously in the corner, however when not in the corner instead of jumping you can IAD and then S, HS, to shoryuken loop which does 186. With 2 F+HS the combo will do 182. Or you can can land after the IAD HS, then Stand S, Duck HS to shoryuken loop and that will do 191, and with 2 F+HS it will do 189.

This is pretty good damage off of anywhere in the screen. Also of course this is quite burst safe, as f+hs obviously is not safe to burst against, and a burst can not hit a IAD S, HS. Anc once your at that point youve done the damage that you needed to do, the following shoryuken loop will only do a few points of damage, but still build your meter up all the same. So in a sence the "perfect" combo. Doing high damage while being burst safe, and all the meter building comes at the point where its only doing a point or 2 of damage the whole time so bursting vs it at least for damage reasons isnt a good idea.(I should note if you are feeling combo video after the first shoryuken loop, you can also land then to combo to jump s, hs , shoryuken, to ANOTHER shoryuken loop.. But again thats pretty combo video and that only works at a very specific distance in the screen...)

For some other random combos....

S,F+P,HS, Sweep, HS fireball, FRC, F+HS X4 does 176

After 3 F+HS although you can still get the IAD s, hs, shoryuken no loop is possible after it. At least regularly.

For a good duck HS counter hit combo try....

D+HS, jump HS, land S, duck hs,jump s, hs, shoryuken, duck p, stand s, duck hs, shoryuken, lighting strike does 170. So pretty good damage.

A combo along these lines also works vs other characters(usualy useing just jump hs instead of jump s, hs)however, its more specfic in how high they can be. Usualy it HAS to be a ground counter hit, so in the off chance you go for this when you scored a air counter hit, well unless its potemkin your most likely going to miss.

For a air to air k combo. Remember since potemkin is heavier if your going to get that extra shoryuken loop your going to need to add a hit most likely. Example jump k, s, p, s, jump s, hs shoryuken, land duck p, s, duck hs, shoryuken, strike. This does 123.

Jam...

S,F+P,HS, Sweep, HS fireball, FRC, F+HS X4 does 211

S,F+P,HS, Sweep, HS fireball, FRC, F+HS, S fireball, IAD S, HS, shoryuken, duck p, stand s, duck hs, shoryuken, strike does 234.

Not the eaisest combo, but quite damageing. If you do 2f+hs it does 231.

S,F+P,HS, Sweep, HS fireball, FRC, F+HS, IAD S, HS, shoryuken, duck p, stand s, duck hs, shoryuken strike does 227. If you do 2 F+hs it does 224. However note that doing 2 f+hs is acctualy easier to get IMO vs jam.

In general jam eats the combo from all distances pretty easily unlike character like eddie who you have to be at a fairly specifc distance for sweep fireball combos, vs jam the timeing is pretty easy. If your closer do hs, farther do slash. Again Slash will allow you to run in more since they will be higher, however in a lot of case you end up doing the same damage so whatever is easier for you do.

Lets get to some "maximum" potemkin combos first....

S,F+P,HS, Sweep, HS fireball, FRC, F+HS, F+P, S, D+HS, super jump S, HS, Shoryuken, Lighting strike does 189.

Note a few things, in this example you can change the HS fireball for a slash fireball and this will allow you to run in faster and get a S, THEN f+p. However the combo does the same amont of damage. Also if you super jump install it does 191 so a couple points more damage. A combo of this nature to this exstent is a good staple combo in the corner that works on pretty much every character in the game.. Its pretty easy and of course does good damage.

S,F+P,HS, Sweep, HS fireball, FRC, F+HS, jump S, HS, land S, D+HS, super jump S, HS, Shoryuken, lighting strike does 192

The general idea of this combo works anywhere. Note that at this point in the gaurd bar you can not get a double air combo. Thus this is it. Again this combo should be the general idea for all potemkin combos, it works anywhere on the screen with a little varation. The above is obviously in the corner, however when not in the corner instead of jumping you can IAD and then S, HS, to shoryuken loop which does 186. With 2 F+HS the combo will do 182. Or you can can land after the IAD HS, then Stand S, Duck HS to shoryuken loop and that will do 191, and with 2 F+HS it will do 189.

This is pretty good damage off of anywhere in the screen. Also of course this is quite burst safe, as f+hs obviously is not safe to burst against, and a burst can not hit a IAD S, HS. Anc once your at that point youve done the damage that you needed to do, the following shoryuken loop will only do a few points of damage, but still build your meter up all the same. So in a sence the "perfect" combo. Doing high damage while being burst safe, and all the meter building comes at the point where its only doing a point or 2 of damage the whole time so bursting vs it at least for damage reasons isnt a good idea.(I should note if you are feeling combo video after the first shoryuken loop, you can also land then to combo to jump s, hs , shoryuken, to ANOTHER shoryuken loop.. But again thats pretty combo video and that only works at a very specific distance in the screen...)

For some other random combos....

S,F+P,HS, Sweep, HS fireball, FRC, F+HS X4 does 176

After 3 F+HS although you can still get the IAD s, hs, shoryuken no loop is possible after it. At least regularly.

For a good duck HS counter hit combo try....

D+HS, jump HS, land S, duck hs,jump s, hs, shoryuken, duck p, stand s, duck hs, shoryuken, lighting strike does 170. So pretty good damage.

A combo along these lines also works vs other characters(usualy useing just jump hs instead of jump s, hs)however, its more specfic in how high they can be. Usualy it HAS to be a ground counter hit, so in the off chance you go for this when you scored a air counter hit, well unless its potemkin your most likely going to miss.

For a air to air k combo. Remember since potemkin is heavier if your going to get that extra shoryuken loop your going to need to add a hit most likely. Example jump k, s, p, s, jump s, hs shoryuken, land duck p, s, duck hs, shoryuken, strike. This does 123.

Testment...

S,F+P,HS, Sweep, HS fireball, FRC, F+HS, S fireball, IAD S, HS, shoryuken, duck p, stand s, duck hs, shoryuken, strike does 226.

This combo is acctualy pretty easily on testment. And of course works at a lot of distances. plus of course it looks cool, and again quite burst safe. So cant ask for more. Just beacuse in case you were wondering if you were to super jump combo at the end it does 231, so yea not that much more and depending on where you are techable. But if you really wanted a little bit more damage well there you go.

jump k, s, jump s, hs, shoryuken land duck p, s, duck hs, shoryuken strike does, 152. If you do a jump s, hs, shoryuken strike it does 159. If your lucky in distance etc if you can get a slash when you land it will do 166.

Vs Chipp....

Note that Chipp is like venom in that unlike the other characters its better to fireball closer.... So something like just a S,HS, Sweep, to Hs fireball works good. In the corner hes more easy going on distances, but mid screen better to stick with something smaller. Also note that vs chipp(as well as some others)when you go for the shoryuken loop distance is more specfic as duck hs will usualy miss. So you have to be ready to dash in a bit with the duck punch. Or you could tiger knee the shoryuken before the loop. This will change the distance at which he comes back to you, and makes it much easier to get in that little bit of extra damage from one more loop.

Stand s, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, F+hs, Slash fireball, IAD s, hs, shoryuken, land duck p, stand s, duck hs, shoryuken, strike. 282

Chipp is more easy going on the f+Hs, fireball, iad link then most characters...

Stand s, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs, IAD hs, land stand s, duck hs, jump s, jump s, hs, shoryuken, strike. 285

Probably the "Best" combo. Works every distance more or less unless you are in the corner(And if your in the corner youd do something else so...), and acctualy besides something with combo videoish timeing acctauly does the most damage that you can get on him. So cant really beat that. Again works at basicly every distance on the screen, is pretty easy, and does a ton of damage.

Stand s, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs X5 256

Again even more burst safe version of above "idea" of combos...

Stand s, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs X2, iad s, hs, shoryuken, land duck p, stand s, duck hs, shoryuken, strike. 266

Only one f+hs will give you 273 for the combo. Although to note chipp is less lenient then some characters on the HS in the iad s, hs, so doing 2f+hs maybe easier.

Stand s, hs, sweep, Hs fireball FRC, f+hs, iad hs, land s, duck hs, shoryuken, land duck p, stand s, duck hs, shoryuken, strike. 279

A good example of where you might want to do a tiger knee shoryuken after the duck hs as distance can be more specific vs chipp.

Venom...

Venom is basicly the character you have to do the combo closest to start with. Even a simple s, hs, sweep will need some momentum for the HS fireball to connect. However it will hit very low, and you are very close, so in a sence if you dont have slow fingers this might be benificial as you can run in with stand s, duck hs pretty easily and get powerfull combos with what you would have gotten with the f+hs most likely.(Although of course note obviously since your running in you just gave up your burst safeness of the other combos but... anyway...)

S,HS, sweep, hs fireball FRC, F+hs X5 209

S, HS, sweep, HS fireball FRC, F+hs X2, slash fireball, iad s, hs, shoryuken, land duck p, duck s, duck hs, shoryuken, strike, 226.

The damage on this seems kinda low to me, maybe I wrote it wrong. I have a hard time reading my writeing. Note that better to do 2 f+hs if you are going for this version of the combo as the distance timeing for it on one f+hs is deffintly more combo videoish. Note that just f+hsX2, to iad s, hs, shoryuken, land shoryuken loop does 225. So pretty similar damage(That is if this is what im reading).

S, HS, sweep, HS fireball FRC, F+hs, iad hs, land s, duck hs, shoryuken, land duck p, stand s, duck hs, shoryuken, strike. 235

Good damage, but honestly this combo to me feels akward as venom doenst paticularly like getting hit by a IAD hs, land s, so the combo is akward.

S, HS, sweep, HS fireball FRC, run in s, duck hs, jump s, jump s, hs, shoryuken, strike. 231

S, HS, sweep, HS fireball FRC, run in s, duck hs, jump s, hs, shoryuken, land duck p, s, duck hs, shoryuken, strike. 238

S, HS, sweep, HS fireball FRC, f+hs, iad hs, land s, duck hs, jump s, hs, shoryuken, land duck p, stand s, duck hs, shoryuken, strike 239.

Again quite a bit of damage, but iad hs, stand s, is iffy to start I think. So this combo can be akward...

So anyway as you see venom gets compareable damage off of the more "normal" maximum combo type recipes with a more easier version because of the way he falls, but again theres less burst safe so.... go with what you feel is best....

Again I might be off a point or 2 on some of these... My writeing sucks, and my memory is bad so lol.. I also dont see to have corner combos for venom ethier written down. But I do remember if your feeling combo videoish I belive I said in this thread earlier remember that it is also possible to fireball combo to link stand slash etc. But timeing and weight from how many hits take place. But it looks cool shrug.

EDDIE...

Its pretty hard vs eddie to find a good reliable combo. None of the combos are that complicated or more so then any other character, but the way at which eddie falls, and even a slight change in distance can make combos miss him pretty easily. Obviously iad hs, land s, SHOULD be the best combo. But its pretty easy to miss, as if you stutter slightly after the f+hs and dont iad the iad HS will miss. And if you time the HS even a little badly you will get it to hit for the stand Slash to hit. F+hs, fireball IAD combos are more easy then they are on some characters, but if your a little to close to the corner, then the push back will make the SRK wiff. Of course in the corner eddie is like everyone else, no randomness there. But midscreen its harder to find a reliable one.

s, f+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs, IAD Hs, land s, jump s, jump s, hs, shoryuken strike. 236

Again easy in theory, but IAD hs is pretty easy to wiff.

S, F+P, HS, sweep, HS fireball FRC, f+hs, IAD S, HS, shoryuken, land duck p, slash, duck hs, shoryuken, strike. 227

Again easy stuff, but eddie can fall a little unlienently makeing the duck hs wiff a lot when you go for the second rep.

S, f+p, hs, sweep, hs Fireball FRC, f+hs X5 215

Well... theres nothing to really mess up with this one I guess.

s, f+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs, slash fireball, iad s, hs, shoryuken, strike. 227(with 2f+hs its 227)

Again easy stuff, but... a little to close to the corner and shoryuken will wiff so....

And the regular easy corner combo on him does 231.

Vs anji I personaly would just stick to standing combos or switching it up if you know hes ducking. I think something simple say vs him ducking like s,F+p, hs, f+k, hs fireball, FRC run in duck p, hs, f+k, duck k, stand s, slide, strike does 222. Though of course if hes ducking do ing the basic sweep fireball f+hs, s, f+p, duck hs yadda yadda whatever is good there.

May...

May is really easy going to combo... Just about everything works on her to a certain exstent and some more so. A lot of combos you can switch out the hs with s and will combo just as easily...

S, F+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs, f+p, s, duck hs, super jump s, hs, shoryuken, strike does 231.

S, F+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs, jump hs, land s, duck hs, super jump s, jump s, hs, shoryuken, strike. 236

May, bridget... And someone else are the only characters this works on like this in the corner(well potemkin to somewhat if that counts). This is nice to have beacuse this is the same kinda combo you might do from as far as a 3rd of the screen away to(towards the corner that is), so this combo works from a lot of distances. Note though that unlike bridget(who in the corner it only works with a straight jump up hs that i recall), may does work with jump foward as well. Also note its easier of course to do slash fireball since it will hit earlier, however it will do 2 points less of damage.

S, F+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs X5 215

S, F+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs, air dash hs, land s, duck hs, shoryuken, duck p, s, duck hs, shoryuken, strike. 232

Note that when your sorta in the corner to mid screen you want to acctualy stutter a bit before you air dash, as if you do immedilty theres a good chance you could go through may. Also note its possible to get jump hs then shoryuken after the duck hs. But thats getting into more combo videoish timeing so....

S, F+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs, slash fireball, air dash s, hs, shoryuken, land duck p, s, duck hs, shoryuken, strike. 234

S, F+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, air dash s, hs, shoryuken, land s, f+p, duck hs , shoryuken(tiger knee), duck p, s, duck hs, shoryuken strike. 238

Finaly something different eh. Mays hit box allows this to happen. Also note of course if its easier for you, you can switch out hs for slash fireball. Of course a few points less of damage. If its to akward to get the link slash and a tiger knee shoryuken in one combo. Note that if you do a more regularish just duck p stuff the combo still does 229. Also if you have trouble getting the tiger knee with out it, it still does 233. Of course perhaps better to stick with duck p though beacuse although a few points of less damage the combo builds about 20% bar depending on when you started it. This might also be good for people that have trouble with f+hs FRC stuff as this combo is much more leinent if you have slow fingers.

Edited by The DMK
Lots of space

Any good combos for standing opponents in the corner?

I've always had trouble doing 6+HS than IAD and could never get it low enough. Watching videos, notice everyone is too high from it as well.

I wonder, is there some kind of air restriction after 6+HS or something? Cause of this, I can't seem to get decent corner combos unless they involved sweep.

Any good combos for standing opponents in the corner?

I've always had trouble doing 6+HS than IAD and could never get it low enough. Watching videos, notice everyone is too high from it as well.

I wonder, is there some kind of air restriction after 6+HS or something? Cause of this, I can't seem to get decent corner combos unless they involved sweep.

I usually do a combo into 6K, Stun Edge FRC, dash, whatever. On most characters, this is something like 5K, 5H, 6K, H Stun Edge FRC, dashing 2K, 5H, stun dipper. Without any tension, I usually just do whatever ground string ending in 5H, stun dipper.

I usually do a combo into 6K, Stun Edge FRC, dash, whatever. On most characters, this is something like 5K, 5H, 6K, H Stun Edge FRC, dashing 2K, 5H, stun dipper. Without any tension, I usually just do whatever ground string ending in 5H, stun dipper.

Erm... no you could definitely get more with tension.

Ending things with Stun Dipper gives you less oki options.

Edited by Blossomforth

lol why dont you just do sweep>hs fireball frc>6hs>6p>5s>2hs>air combo

You're not gonna have that opportunity every time in a real match since fireball after sweep will only combo on certain characters (most) and at a close distance.

When they are standing and you want damage, but can still land Fireball into 6HS... well...........

Kinda need help on this part here.

Mid-screen, landing these combos are very possible.

Corner, not so much :(

well since you dont want slide ender you can always do 6hs>gs>6p>5s>2hs>air combo or dash 2p>5hs>6k>2k>sweep

theyre just examples i thought of since you dont want slide ender then you have to settle with either vt or sweep its pretty simple to figure out all the filler.......

You're not gonna have that opportunity every time in a real match since fireball after sweep will only combo on certain characters (most) and at a close distance.

When they are standing and you want damage, but can still land Fireball into 6HS... well...........

Kinda need help on this part here.

Mid-screen, landing these combos are very possible.

Corner, not so much :(

In the corner you can do one 6H and jump cancel and come down with a jump heavy. Not sure if thats what you were talking about.

I'm just trying to find an optimal ending since not every time you're going to be in a position where Sweep info Fireball FRC is going to connect, however Fireball FRC into 6HS will work.

Jump in HS works, but you can stagger our of that rather quickly, and can't get much out of it when you land.

Sign in to follow this