Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mightfo

Dallas-Fort Worth Thread

You can also find us on facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/732851360064017/

POST HERE OR PM JETBLAKSUIT/TRANSIENT/SUNFISHWHOEVER IF YOU WANNA PLAY SOME PERSONA/BB/GG/GUNDAM/MB/WHATEVER IN DFW!

NOdSP.png

June 5th, 2013 update: We have 2 meetup places: Sunfish's and Jet's. We also meet for ranbats at the FX Game Exchange on Custer.

UPCOMING MEETUPS

Saturday, June 22-Meetup at Jet's, 3pm-12pm probably

Saturday, June 29-Meetup at Sunfish's, 3pm-12pm probably (the last meetup i'll be at...)

Saturday, July 6- Probably GG/P4/BB Ranbats!

Feel free to use this thread to organize some online with people around here in the hopes of a good connection!

If you come to a meetup, please bring your own controllers, especially sticks. Converters are desired too. I have 2 ps2 pad and stick/ps3 pad to xbox 360 converters.

If you can bring TVs or whatever, please mention that.

If you want to go to a meetup but haven't been to that person's place before, PM them for directions, phone #, etc.

Our most commonly played game is Persona, but depending on who else is there we play Blazblue, Arcana, KOF, Melty, random shit that none of us are particularly good at, etc. If you are interested in getting a scene going for the game you love, attend and rep your game! That sort of shit can go a long way.

Feel free to post here to coordinate a meetup, even if you can only accommodate 1-2 people! Organize and make injoke-filled posts and all that jazz.

Naturally, if you wanna organize meetings at other places in DFW for when I'm busy or someone else is simply closer, use this thread.

Don't fret about your skill level, offline play is the best way to improve that.

tomato's gloves are a nox nyctores

as of now, my work schedule has me off on wed/thurs. wed night is boardgame night with my friends, so if i do anything then, it'd have to be earlier in the day. thursdays i don't have set plans, so if we set stuff up, i can just work around that. i close tues, sat, and sun, so weekends are shit for me : C. can do stuff later in the evening on mon/fri if plans are set before i get plans set : p

i still haven't gotten my stick back from my friend (modding that went awry ;x), but i really just play bb. once i get my stick back and figure out how to do a wire mod, i'll be down for learning gg on a stick, though : D i'll also scrub my way through other fighters if they look interesting! or melee! just sayin'

I am currently volunteering Mondays and Wednesdays from 9am to 1pm (till college starts) and on some Thursdays, I am working from 4-5pm or 4-6pm. During college, I will be the busiest Mondays-Thursdays that will end sometime in the afternoon and I only have 1 class on Friday that ends before noon. If you guys are planning one for this weekend, I'd be down for that.

my availability is annoyingly open due to wanting to work any chance i get. Just pm and i'll schedule something I'm used to that.

eh as for hardware and such. i've got a copy of AC+, multi modded stick, bb:CS etc. etc. yadda yadda yadda. Let's play us some good games in the future you guys

p.s. I play sf3, ssf4, bb, mainly gg. and occasionally some snk stuff but only occasionally. if you want to know my mains then i suppose you'll just have to play me :O

Like mightfo said, I'll be available most weekends barring finals time and whatnot. BB is my main game but I scrub it out on GG and SSF4 as well. I'm in the process of switching to stick from pad; hopefully by the time I can meet up with y'all I'll be more competent on stick. (haven't touched pad since getting my copy of CS, I'm so proud of myself *sniffle* lol)

Looking forward to some great games with y'all!

tomato's gloves are a nox nyctores

Hell yeah, if I show up with my gloves you guys had better watch out >:3

p.s. I play sf3, ssf4, bb, mainly gg. and occasionally some snk stuff but only occasionally. if you want to know my mains then i suppose you'll just have to play me :O

I'll probably play KOF13 at least some when it comes to consoles. May play Guilty seriously if it gets a 360/ps3 port.(Venom!) When AH3 comes out on consoles I'll probably get that even if it means importing and buying a ps3, because fuck yes arcana system.

i am a 360 pad player solely by virtue of being a cheapass btw

looking into converters for the convenience of small meets.

it seems converters either

-lag

-are $60+

-dont work with sticks

i have a ps3 to 360 converter coming which is lagless but may not work with sticks.

I'm pretty hype for the console AH3 too, I've played it a little when I've gone to UFO and it seems pretty fun! And if your converter ends up not working with my stick, then I wouldn't have a problem switching back to my PS3 pad if necessary. Let me know if you want to go for a more expensive converter; I could probably pitch in for one :3

Jinobi and anyone else coming friday: When exactly are you coming? I'll probably want to stop by 8:00 pm, btw. I wake up at noon.

Also, http://www.dustloop.com/forums/member.php?9250-RaveSage is interested in coming, but he's wondering if anyone will bring a ps3 friday since his 360 stick is fux'd or something. Will anyone bring a ps3 and tv(Probably should have 2 setups for potentially 5+ people that day anyway) or will there be 2 sticks around?

By the way, I have mu unlocked, and I'll probably have all the dlc characters bought on day one, so you could try them out at my place in the future if you're not sure about buying them.

I also wont be as busy this weekend as thought. Anyone wanna come by for an hour or two saturday/sunday?

It will depend on when everybody else will come (although I might drop by UTD at 7pm), and I don't have any game consoles unfortunately. On Saturday and Sunday, I might have other plans with my family. If anything though, I am interested in knowing if anybody wants to meet up with me somewhere at UTD (depending on which buildings are open that time).

Ronin won't be able to make it tomorrow, so just Rave, Alvin and I apparently. Hope you find your 360 stick satisfactory rave. I don't have my converter for ps3/ps2 controllers yet btw alvin(Aren't you used to ps2 pads?), so I guess you'll have to use my USB 360 pad :1..

I'm free any day except Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. I also am in school so once the semester starts up I probably will only be free on weekends.

Cheebz, Alvin, anyone else, you guys up for saturday sometime between 1 and 7? Anyone else?

I do have 2 PS2 controllers and a converter that allows me to use them on PC. Also, I am fine for this Saturday as well too. Where will we meet before we go to the apartments?

I do have 2 PS2 controllers and a converter that allows me to use them on PC. Also, I am fine for this Saturday as well too. Where will we meet before we go to the apartments?

Yeah, but that coverter doesnt work for 360s, right? If not i'll have ps2->360 convs soon.

Also, just text me when you're close and i'll melt outside waiting for you. You got my pm with the google maps link right? Thats right where it is.

Sorry for late response, net died.

It's fine and I did manage to get the PM. However, are you all still starting the meetup today at 7pm or 1:30 pm because if it's the latter, then that will be conflicting to the other event I am attending.

It's fine and I did manage to get the PM. However, are you all still starting the meetup today at 7pm or 1:30 pm because if it's the latter, then that will be conflicting to the other event I am attending.

Well, Cheebz hasn't told me a time(or confirmed today, really), though rave might not be able to come, Rave said he'd be available after 5.

Anyway, you said you'd be unavailable from 1 to 6. If you could be here at like 6:00-6:30, then we could do BB for about 1.5-2 hours. I'll stop by 8:30 though.

Edit: Correction, rave told me a time before.

Edit: Update: James(Naota) is back, has a new phone.

Can't come. I misread the time for the class and it ends at 5. Meaning the fastest I could get there is like 6:30 with the bus assuming nothing screws up. The whole open area thing still doesn't work well with my mom either. Next meet up I'll try getting one of my friends to come along so she's (sort of) ok with it.

Or maybe I will just not have a full day class next time. :I:

Alvin(noface122) just left. Fun stuff. Played BB some(though alvin is still fairly new to the game), got some play with mu against a real person in. After that, we played vanguard princess on his comp, which was surprisingly fun. I'm not normally a big fan of non-GG style games, and thought VP's rather cluttered foreground was annoying, but I had a lot of fun with it. Meaty projectile assist+good rushdown and pressure=awesome. Game also has exceptionally good sprites, and is fanservicey as hell lol. Also, TONFAS

fucking shit every other post on this page is mine

i blame how busy every else is.

vp looks sooooo fucking awesome for a doujin fighter! so the gameplay's good, too?

Yeah, it seems quite good. Nice zoning, nice rushdown, nice assists, though I'm really not impressed with the default assist. Alvin will bring his PC when he comes so we can have a PC setup for that(and other fighting games for/emulatable on pc like touhou) and the 360 setup for BB.

Yeah, I am not fully familiar with the mechanics in BB, but I've played it for quite a bit before we met. VP is one of the games that got me into other games that played like Street Fighter, and it was made by a person who used to work for Capcom (I forgot his online name). In the future, I would like to introduce the Touhou games, Acceleration of Suguri, and the other fighting games I have on my laptop. I also look forward to improving my BB gameplay.

I had VP a while ago. Never really got into it even though everything about it is super awesome.

Today was just a bad draw along with parental interference. I'll be prepared for the next one! :v:

Hey Bamf, you're off thursdays, right? Wanna come this thursday? What about monday night(what time are you available then?), if your hazama is developed by then?

I had VP a while ago. Never really got into it even though everything about it is super awesome.

Today was just a bad draw along with parental interference. I'll be prepared for the next one! :v:

I look forward to it. What days/times are you available? I'm dying for more blazblue play. I enjoy training mode a lot but i need HUMAN FLESH. I mean, human opponents instead of studying characters all day.