Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mightfo

Dallas-Fort Worth Thread

I'm usually open on weekends but sometimes I have driving lessons. (Don't go into how sad this is. D: ) There's one more 9-5 class coming up next month on a friday but other than that I ignore my summer class, which ends in 2 weeks or so. I usually get up at like, 10 on a good day that's not for school so unless there's something in the way I can try going myself or get one of my friends to tag along.

Btw, in case you're wondering, my Nu sucked and my Lambda game is probably going to be ass. You keep that Mu away from me! :v:

I don't know about tomorrow (what time did you have in mind for that?), but maybe we can arrange something this coming week. Also, I'll try to play/practice BB more often, but I want to have fun playing it.

Goin' to Austin to watch the SBO quals in a few hours, whoooooooo! (I... really should get some sleep right about now since I'm gonna be driving for 4 hours... but I'm too excited! Looks like lots of coffee and obnoxiously loud drum 'n bass for me :sweatdrop: ) I almost want to try to play against some of the top players too, even though I know I'll get curbstomped!

That PC setup sounds awesome, I have wanted to try Touhou for a while. Vanguard Princess looks awesome in a ridiculous way too :P

I don't know about tomorrow (what time did you have in mind for that?), but maybe we can arrange something this coming week. Also, I'll try to play/practice BB more often, but I want to have fun playing it.

Stuff came up, not gonna be available today.

Not asking you to make BB a job, just learn BnBs with a character or two you want to focus on, and maybe feel out some blockstrings/mixups/setups.

Btw, in case you're wondering, my Nu sucked and my Lambda game is probably going to be ass. You keep that Mu away from me! :v:

My Mu isn't very developed, decided to focus on Bang until I get more used to CS and then perhaps work on my Mu. I can only do basic combos with her, and my stein setups are still shitty.

BBCS SBO qualifiers were super fucking hype. A very good texan tager beat pozerwolf's ragna. Gooood shit. I'll post here if the videos get uploaded by sp00ky.

Yeah, that was Jan (from Houston) playing. The qualifiers were so hype! The final matches in particular were amazing to watch. There were moments when everyone went so silent in anticipation that you could practically hear a pin drop. :O Maybe the next time something big goes down at UFO, we could take a field trip of sorts and carpool down there? :3

Hey Bamf, you're off thursdays, right? Wanna come this thursday? What about monday night(what time are you available then?), if your hazama is developed by then?

this thursday no es bueno. gonna be spending it with the gf since she's out of town for my birthday. if you wanna try setting something up on the 11th or 12th, though. mondays can work alright, but i get out of work around 8 typically ;x that'd set me at your place around 830, which might be a bit too late. i also get off around 7 on fridays, if you have stuff going late-ish then.

and doom! is the marcell that tied for 5th your buddy? if so, grats on getting that far up (assuming that there were notably more than 5 teams >< haven't looked too far into the quals...)

this thursday no es bueno. gonna be spending it with the gf since she's out of town for my birthday. if you wanna try setting something up on the 11th or 12th, though. mondays can work alright, but i get out of work around 8 typically ;x that'd set me at your place around 830, which might be a bit too late. i also get off around 7 on fridays, if you have stuff going late-ish then.

and doom! is the marcell that tied for 5th your buddy? if so, grats on getting that far up (assuming that there were notably more than 5 teams >< haven't looked too far into the quals...)

11th or 12th should be good, yeah. Probably 12th since the 11th internet guys come to give me not-shit internet.

Also, there were more than 5 teams, yeah. 9. http://challonge.com/blazbluesbo2010

Sadly, Mike Z, Stunedge, Veteru, and Lordknight were not there. I heard stunedge was in china, LK and vet were watching the stream, dunno why they weren't there.

Yeah. I'm proud of his team for getting so far :3 I still can barely touch Marcell when I play against him, though. I'm always so psyched out that I play like a dumbass, and once I actually manage to land a hit on him, I'm too stunned to follow up properly. lol. I'm afraid he thinks I suck, when really it's just that I'm way too nervous. :gonk: But someday I won't disappoint him!

*phew* finally back from galveston/austin

:D alright sorry about the messy start let's get down to it. when is the next best available day this week for everyone?

*phew* finally back from galveston/austin

:D alright sorry about the messy start let's get down to it. when is the next best available day this week for everyone?

I'm up for tuesday/wednesday/thursday, though I could do monday but it's less ideal, and short notice.

Rave, Alvin, Boombox, James(you still need to friend me on facebook so i get your numberrrr), which days/times work for you?

Additionally, any possibility of a second setup if we have 4+ people, Ronin? I assume Cheebz is going to come with you, anyone else?

No big deal if not everyone can come on a single day. I'd be just fine with 3 blazblue sessions 3 days in a row with different people at my place.

Note that if alvin comes by he'll probably bring his laptop which has touhou and vanguard princess on it, so two setups won't be as desperate then since you can mess around with those.

Here we go guys. Everything has finally be finalized. we have transformed Mashfest into something i think everyone will enjoy. We are giving away $2000. $500 for SSF4, Tekken 6, BBCS, and SSBB. It will be free to enter and free to play. You have the opportunity to donate to your game to make the pot bigger and show support for your scene. But you dont have to, we just want you guys to show up and play! 8/14 Dallas, TX. Quakecon

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9538-8-14-Dallas-TX-Monsters-Arcade-Quakecon-Completely-FREE-500-SSF4-T6-SSB-amp-BBCS

Anybody go to UTA?

Jinobi's got an Arlington scene, contact him.

Here we go guys. Everything has finally be finalized. we have transformed Mashfest into something i think everyone will enjoy. We are giving away $2000. $500 for SSF4, Tekken 6, BBCS, and SSBB. It will be free to enter and free to play. You have the opportunity to donate to your game to make the pot bigger and show support for your scene. But you dont have to, we just want you guys to show up and play! 8/14 Dallas, TX. Quakecon

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9538-8-14-Dallas-TX-Monsters-Arcade-Quakecon-Completely-FREE-500-SSF4-T6-SSB-amp-BBCS

This is awesome. Definitely going to try and attend this, and probably contribute, too.

Also, updated the first post.

Not asking you to make BB a job, just learn BnBs with a character or two you want to focus on, and maybe feel out some blockstrings/mixups/setups.

I know, but it seems like we're trying to qualify for a huge tournament or something :p. I'll learn the BnB combos and other things to better myself though.

I'm really interested in that tourney; I'll try my hardest to make it out there. Would you guys wanna meet up on that Saturday as well? :3

I should be able to go to Quakecon as well. Thankfully it's on Saturday. Anyone planning to bring consoles at some point too?

Mightfo, I should be able to come by this Saturday for some BB if you're up for that.

I'm really interested in that tourney; I'll try my hardest to make it out there. Would you guys wanna meet up on that Saturday as well? :3

The tournament itself is on the 14th not the 15th, right? So we'd meet up before the tourney? Sounds good. BBCS isn't till 5:00 and it takes 30 minutes to get there, so we could easily get 1-3 hours of gaming in. I'm down for that.

Mightfo, I should be able to come by this Saturday for some BB if you're up for that.

Sorry, I'm going to be in fort worth this weekend. :(

uh if everyone's itching to throwdown this weekend i'm sure i could try to schedule something since i'm off this weekend. get at me so we can plan this shit :O

uh if everyone's itching to throwdown this weekend i'm sure i could try to schedule something since i'm off this weekend. get at me so we can plan this shit :O

Yeah, keep in mind this isn't the "meet at mightfo's place thread," this is for all DFW stuff. Go nuts talking to each other.

Cool.

This is the "meet at and break into mightfo's place thread." Go nuts talking to each other.

:O

So who wants to pay for my plane ticket to Dallas?

I don't have $400, I spent all my moneyz on Austin!

:vbang:

D:

which is good, since in Austin you found the love of your life, bleber lol....

you are so lucky , I've been living here for 6 yrs and I stay single but you were only here in 2 days and...