Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mightfo

Dallas-Fort Worth Thread

Super tentatively... Like, drunk business plans written on a napkin after a breakup tentative, how many people would be down to go to Austin on Saturday if a carpool were put together? I may or may not have to drive back late Saturday night, so if anyone needs to be back by Sunday morning we can work it out, possibly take two cars, whatever.

We were gonna go via Megabus, http://us.megabus.com/ if we could all get on the same bus saturday morning that would be great.

Shoutouts to UCC shirts, you guys are looking great

Shoutouts to an arcade stick almost destroying the kof station

Shoutouts to free NOS

Shoutouts to walnuts cookies which were delicious

Shoutouts to Team Ninja representative for coming over

Shoutouts to the sexy arcade cabinet

Shoutouts to all you guys for welcoming me into your community while I was living in Dallas.

You all are some chill dudes of the highest order to hang out with and play fightan games.

Hopefully I'll see some of you guys again at EVO or online.

Shine on you crazy diamonds.

So at absolute battle, I randomly played GG for the first time since AC came out (5 years ago, damn I'm old) and I really miss that game. does anyone still play or is it all persona these days?

fyi

I live in Plano near 75 and legacy.

you are right down the street from me :O

edit: also I shooooooooould be AOK for this weekend, I've gotta quit my job since they don't wanna give me off for my brother's wedding... sucks, but at least I have free time to travel [with what money lmao] now?? also it seems if you go on odd days, you get cheaper prices. just for giggles, I tried wednesday to/from, and I think the whole thing was $10-$16?!

If someone can pick me up I'll ride the bus with y'all. But idk if anyone can.

Yooooooo fun seeing you all again.

Shoutouts to BB still being fun as hell

Shoutouts to landing Astral twice in tournament

Shoutouts to everyone i played and talked too (Might, Transient, Scottie, Phor, Chickzama, blah blah blah blah), and GGS

Shoutouts to Aquapazza and throwing books at fools for hours.

Shoutouts to P4A and me not practicing the game ever.

Shoutouts to Mitsuru being GAY

Shoutouts to SCV not even happening and i was banking on that game to get me some money back lol.

Shoutouts to delicious cookies and still wanting some more.

See ya'll again i'm sure.

Lol ouch yea I heard about the scv :( it's really unfortunate. Hopefully there is a better turnout at bar fights. Well if there is people not going to Austin. Someone host a meetup on Fridays :yaaay:

If someone can pick me up I'll ride the bus with y'all. But idk if anyone can.

if nobody else can, and as long as it's not too far of a drive, and if you don't mind me smoking in my car, I'll pick you up [this is breadface btw]

You need to get those e cigs ma'am :eng101:

[bface again] I have one, but it just is nowhere NEAR the same!! I think it's about dead though so I guess I should get a new one, at the very least for the bus ride to austin YEAH WHAT'S UP NO MORE JOB I'M GOING \o/

That's right! Save those lungs!

Well Texas Bar Fights 10 has cut out BB and Skullgirls from the lineup :\ If there is still any interest to the game then it will be added back. I don't think the turnout was that bad.

That's right! Save those lungs!

Well Texas Bar Fights 10 has cut out BB and Skullgirls from the lineup :\ If there is still any interest to the game then it will be added back. I don't think the turnout was that bad.

I'm still interested in that game! D:

what even constitutes "still any interest?" people aren't going to be terribly encouraged to come out to a venue where their game has been taken off the table which makes "still any interest" seem pretty arbitrary. do we need to complain somewhere about it or what

granted i've basically never been but still

As far as the bus goes, we can get on the 5:15am one, get there at 9am (would have to figure out shit to do until the venue opens at 1pm) and get on the 10:45pm bus back to dallas saturday night. We should buy the tickets soon if that's the plan.

D-Town Beatdown has had SCV for the longest time, and literally no one plays. I'm shocked it's still there at UCC. SG being dead has been a thing for months now. Sad to see BB go, but I'm not surprised either. Guess Persona is the only hope for ye old anime games. I wouldn't be shocked that CP dies within a month or so of its release.

That brings up a question though; will Guilty Gear be at UCC?

I'm fairly sure they'll have the options for these games on the game list. It only matters if enough people actually click the box.

heads up, if woof goes I can take him to but I can't take him from. I'm staying overnight [got some buddies down there, someone's bday, IIDX, etc]

[also this is a "more than likely but not definite" scenario, I'll post if anything changes]

The stop is about 27 mins away from my house. I would need to have a ride back from the stop late at night too