Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corner-Trap

AC Venom Ball Formations

I decided to make this thread since the last ball formation thread hasn't had a post in it in months, and the general AC Venom thread has absolutely nothing listed under ball formations. If you feel anything is missing then please post up, I want this post to be as thorough as possible.

How it works:

Venom Can summon up to five balls, each indicated by the five attack buttons (P, K, S, HS, and D). There are five different ball formations each corresponding to a different attack button. All of your current balls on screen will change to the formation of the last ball you summoned. This means that a formation of D>HS>S>K>P is the exact same thing as K>S>HS>D>P since they both end with P, thus making them go into the P formation. Also note that each ball has a designated spot in each formation, this means that the K ball will always be in the exact same spot whenever it's in the P formation. Here is a sheet showing all five ball formations, and where each ball is specifically located in them:

Venom Ball Formations

Note: All of these ball formations are located in front of Venom except for the S formation which has him in the middle.

P-Formation:----------HS---------

-----------------K----------------

-----------P----------------------

-----------------S----------------

-----------------------D----------

K-Formation:-K--------------------

-----------------------P----------

------------------D---------------

------------HS--------------------

-----------------------S----------

S-Formation:-------P--------------

------------D-------------K-------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

---------------HS----S-----------

HS-Formation:-----------D--------

----------------------HS---------

--------------------S------------

------------------K--------------

----------------P----------------

D-Formation:------------------P-

---------------------------K----

-----------------------S--------

------------------HS-----------

-------------D-----------------

Useful ball formations:

Note: You shouldn't be trying to summon more than 3 balls in a setup, because they take to much time to build, and you can make equally strong formations with just 3 or less.

Rushdown formations

Note: Whenever you make a formation to rushdown your opponent, you should always make sure you cover the ground and air, to give you a clean opening.

P ball- This is as basic as you can get, tapping the ball with 5P then IAD is an easy way to get your rushdown on.

K ball- This is just a variation of how the P ball works but it's in the air. So tapping it with j.P then doing a ground dash is an alternative to start your rushdown.

S ball- Yet another basic way to start rushdown. I just use this against Zappa since he can run under the P ball.

K ball, S ball- Variation on how you would use the P ball, but now you get two balls to assist you. You must hit the balls early with 5P to get both of them.

K ball, S ball, P ball- Very useful since it covers a lot of space, but it takes time to setup.

HS ball, K ball- Tap one ball then tap the other, you can then choose to either ground dash or air dash in afterwards.

Zoning formations

Note: It may be hard to create distance between you and your opponent to start zoning patterns. So a typical trick is to make your opponent block Dark Angel, this gives you ample time and space to setup formations.

P ball, K ball, j.P, HS ball, D ball, S.Carcass Raid, HS ball, D ball, S ball, 5K, S ball, K ball, j.K, K ball(in air), P ball, 5P -by vercengetorix-

Okizeme formations

Note: It's best to start your okizeme game by comboing into Dubious Curve then canceling into another ball summon. This gives you knockdown plus two balls, which creates many okizeme options.

D.Dubious Curve, P ball, 5k, teleport, j.k -by vercengetorix-

HS.Dubious Curve, dash, j.HS- You can land and do 2D, Stinger Aim, FRC, combo, or air dash in and S, HS, land, combo. -by vercengetorix-

P ball, 5p, S ball, 2S, S ball, 2S, S.Carcass Raid, HS.Stinger Aim -by vercengetorix-

P ball, 5p, S ball, 2S, S.Carcass Raid -by vercengetorix-

HS.Dubious Curve, P ball, 5P, S ball, 2S, Stinger Aim, dash in, pressure -by vercengetorix-

D.Dubious Curve, 5P, K ball, j.P, j.K(while falling), S ball, 2S, Stinger Aim or Carcass Raid -by vercengetorix-

There really isn't a 'best' ball formation; it's really character specific. Chipp, Millia, HOS, Zappa, I-No, and Faust beat far formations for essentially free (in my experience). Nevertheless, they can be useful in many situations. I usually go, P ball, K ball, j.p (hits P ball) HS ball, land, D ball, S Carcass (makes balls fly around in a really good formation that can lock people down) HS ball, D ball, S ball, 5k S ball, K ball, j.k kick ball (or, if they try and jump in, j.H) air K ball, land, P ball, 5p. At this point, the opponent is doing one of three things. If they try a jump-in, 6P, 6HS, CR. If they turtle, keep the balls flying. If they try and jump backwards, you can do my favorite. Chase the balls you it and summon a P ball at about half-screen so it hits the balls you already hit. Not only does it look pimp, but you can set up either a SA or a CR to try and guess where they go. I usually set a HS CR, charge it, and let it bounce. If they stay on the ground, 5p it at the last second to make it go forward and follow it in. Now they almost have to run away b/c you've got a beast of a pressure tool in front of you. The first think I do is to make sure to summon a D and/or HS ball first, and then a P, K, or S ball to tag the both of them. Once you get either a K, P, 5p going, you can start using more balls or mix-up (lol) with P, K, jP, air dash in. Oki games w/Venom are in all the combo vids...you could just check. I mean, the best I've seen involve K Dub, HS, tele, j.k, dash-jump k (hits HS ball and the other person, which you need to get the combo to work the best) whiff p in air, H (or S, depending on character height), continue. Others include: D Dub, P ball, 5k (hits P ball) tele, j.k... HS Dub, dash-jump HS (option one...land, 2D, SA, frc, combo) (option two...air dash, S, HS, land, combo) N-Otoko oki: P ball, 5p, S ball, 2s, S ball, 2s, S Carcass, HS Stinger Ertai style (old school): P ball, 5p, S ball, 2s, S Carcass Mizuchi style (mid school): HS Dub (hits) P ball, 5p (hits P ball), S ball, 2s, (hits S ball) SA (hits HS ball if you timed it right) dash, pressure Mizuchi style revised: D Dub (hits) 5p, K ball, j.p (hits K ball), coming down, j.k (hits D ball) S ball, 2s, SA/CR That's all I got for now.

Corner-Trap >

Indeed, such a sheet should help Venom players creating their own strategies formation-wise since all the formations from 1 to 5 balls are described in it.

Found in the "Accident Core Venom Thread", sorry for the egocentric self-quotation :psyduck: :

Some quick poor drawings including the shape of the formation (already posted above) and the corresponding balls. With those, one can think of all the formations, be it 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 balls. It can also help if you want to know the trajectory of each ball during summons, so that you can make one hit another during ball seisei.

Of course, that does not replace training mode, but it helps.

Diveman, I think you misnamed the K formation as the S and oppositely too.

The 'V' vertical bar is supposed to represent Venom's body. :v:

P-formation

--------------

--V------H----

--V---K-------

--V-P---------

--V----S------

--V--------D--

--V-----------

S-formation

----------------------

------P---------------

----------------------

--D---V---K-----------

------V---------------

---H--V--S------------

------V---------------

K-formation

-----------------------

----K------------------

--V--------P-----------

--V-----D--------------

--V--H-----------------

--V---------S----------

--V--------------------

H-formation

--------------------------

--------------D-----------

--------------------------

-------------H------------

--V-----------------------

--V---------S-------------

--V--------K--------------

--V-------P---------------

D-formation

--------------------P--

-----------------------

----V------------------

----V------------K-----

----V------------------

----V---------S--------

----V-----H------------

----V-D----------------

Have fun !

Corner-Trap >

Indeed, such a sheet should help Venom players creating their own strategies formation-wise since all the formations from 1 to 5 balls are described in it.

Found in the "Accident Core Venom Thread", sorry for the egocentric self-quotation :psyduck: :

I looked in the Accident Core Venom Thread, and saw nothing in the ball formation section. So I looked through the pages and only saw a few tidbits of information here and there, so I decided to make a more centralized location for this information.

Sorry if it was misunderstood, I meant no offense and agree with you. It is useful and legitimate for ball formations to have its own topic, hence the "indeed" in the previous post. ;)

I was gonna address Corner-trap's post in the"No one likes Venom" thread, but this post is about ball formations. All I got was depending on what ball I summon last, that decides the formation. Like P ball, K, D ball and K ball, P ball, D ball is the same formation correct? Now my problem is what Mitsurugi posted. The K formation for instance, doesn't make any sense to me. Do I start with the K ball? Or If I summon the K ball first, that's how the other balls with be placed?

I was gonna address Corner-trap's post in the"No one likes Venom" thread, but this post is about ball formations.

All I got was depending on what ball I summon last, that decides the formation. Like P ball, K, D ball and K ball, P ball, D ball is the same formation correct? Now my problem is what Mitsurugi posted. The K formation for instance, doesn't make any sense to me. Do I start with the K ball? Or If I summon the K ball first, that's how the other balls with be placed?

Your formation depends on the last ball you summoned. So if you want the K ball formation then you'll have to summon the K ball last, and all other balls will switch to their positions in the K ball formation.

I need specific ball formations for the following characters T_T

- Buri

- Baiken

- Anji

- Slayer

Find anything useful in the past two months? :P

vercentgetorix:

The last oki formation you list(D-Dub) is kinda unclear, since 5p cannot hit the d-ball. If it does, how do you do it?