Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ElvenShadow

ElvenShadow's Japan blog

Ok so as most of you probably know I have been in Japan since early August. I have been sorta blogging about my guilty gear tournament experiences and whatnot on the chicago thread on SRK, people have been asking me to make an official blog, so now that I did I figured I might as well let everyone else see it. As of now all content is posts moved from SRK chicago thread, blog will most likely be updated every week. Enjoy

http://elvenshadowmike.blogspot.com/

(disclaimer: this blog is more or less simply a means of me easily keeping in touch with some of my friends from back home, the writing isnt meant to be extremely creative or witty nor do I give a shit about typos or grammar so dont bother pointing that out if you were planning on it)

That was a nice read. Hard to believe that Nakamura lost. I really want to see some more videos of his Millia.

hey there elven, i'll save that read 0up for work. Always cool to hear impressions about the japanese scene. Thx for sharing.

I wish America had hardcore arcades like in Japan. They get so much more serious competition it's ridiculous, you can just walk into a random arcade and probably play someone at least decent. I've heard even there scrubs can kick most American players' asses. I'm so gonna go to Japan and hit up as many arcades as I can. If anything, I can learn stuff while getting beat into the ground... Keep up the blog man.

Damn, good stuff good sir. I'll have to read the rest later though. Looking forward to actually finishing this. I really want to go to Japan now. Good luck and keep it up. Can't wait to see more.

Sorry for you not being able to get picked during the last chance qualifiers. My randomly assembled team got picked and I put up a very bad fight myself. Wished I could play more games with you but all the godly players at Ikebukuro GIGO were too appealing for me to pass up on. And I didn't get any chance to play with Marn, since I had no means of contact with him during SBO period in Japan then.

Interesting reads man, thanks for the blog. How are the ABA players there, if there are any? (Like that one you mentioned that teamed with the Zappa for instance) I haven't heard Dio mentioned at all recently.

thanks as far as the aba player goes, you can go to the DF2 website and they list the qualifiers for each tournament, go ahead and check if people want to make comments on the blog site its fine too

Can't stop reading. Great stuff. I guess our arcade base isn't all that strong anymore. The arcade vibe died out along time ago. Basically, all the WoW players and how serious they are about that game is equivalent to Japan and their arcade scene.

can you use paragraphs please, grammar and stuff is livable and everything but it looks like one big sentence! I expected FAB to be some untouchable juggernaut, like 175 winstreak good unless another super top player shows up.

FAB is actually a robot, don't believe anything else you hear.

Oh good to know Japanese technology is progressing so well these days.

in most of the original posts the text was seperated into paragraphs but when i copy/pasted it into the blog it screwed up the formatting, further entrees will have paragraphs