Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ElvenShadow

ElvenShadow's Japan blog

haha its true, I was there... saw it with my own eyes

The level of comp at Las Vegas and Mikado was decent when I went but I would have loved to play those guys, I'm jealous, though I guess I should be satisfied having played against Ogawa :\

Good job getting on Gamechariot, looks like you're playing well. Good luck in your qualifiers, too. Representing all of us :toot:

I am currently located in the Gunma prefecture in a small town called Minakami

and... wow holy crap! I AM on gamechariot! :keke:

GJ

You make us proud Mike. Continue to rep! If you can, maybe ask why Kaqn made the switch? I'm too curious to let it go.

You make us proud Mike. Continue to rep!

If you can, maybe ask why Kaqn made the switch? I'm too curious to let it go.

lol I can already tell you the answer is "Because she is cool"

yo elven, read some of ur blog, sounds like you are having a blast over there! thats awesome man. Even tho I don't know u very well (my fault, got many chances) I am really happy for you and hope the duration of your stay in Japan is great with little faults. peace dude

Hmm, I guess that's relatively close... probably about a 40-60 min train ride to Tokyo or the location slightly above Tokyo (If there is a direct shinkansen to there). IIRC that's where the gamechariot kaqn goes to is located. In any case, I was asking because I'll be there visiting friends for a week in Tokyo in december, so I was thinking if you got the time, I thought I'd pay a visit too. I was definitely planning to hit up an arcade somewhere anyways. Take it easy.

Wow, I've actually been there in the winter. The whole town was COVERED in snow! Anyways, congrats!!!

Congrats to ElvenShadow for appearing on Gamechariot! I really enjoy reading your blog, please update more :) Good luck to your qulification of DF2

I thought the Bridget's name was Mugen, unless Muken is a different guy.

Good luck qualifying next week.

naa you are right, my mistake, ill fix it

Just wanted to say i enjoy reading your blogs. I havent been back to japan in forever and i miss it. I like how you dont get bummed out and give up after losing. Keep that spirit up. I also wondered if Japs watch american videos, i see that some of them do. And what do you mean you sleep at a manga cafe? Whats that? Like a 24 hour coffe shop? So you sleep like a homeless bum and they dont mind? thats pretty badass.

How do manga cafes stack up against the average all night karaoke? Thats what I usually do if I'm not going home and not at a club/bar. I live like 10m from ikebukuro though so I guess it's less of an issue for me :/

manga/internet cafes (manga kisa) are common for people to sleep in. If you go in there at night at least half the people in there are sleeping. You ussually will pay about 1000 to 1500 yen for about 6 hours of sleep which beats paying for an entire hotel room by yourself. They vary but you ussually get a nice comfy recliner chair or sometimes even your own private booth with cushions. You ussually always get a computer with internet to use as well but sometimes you get a nicer chair if you just request to be there for manga and no internet. they have tons of manga you can just take off the shelves and read but i always just go there to sleep. sometimes they even have showers but its rare and ussually theres a long waiting list. ill try to take a picture next time of the place where i sleep hah and alex, i was pretty bummed after losing but being bummed isnt gonna make me better so im gonna have to shake that shit off and try again, even if they keep knocking me down ill come back for more until i dont suck anymore. also, i dont think most japanese watch US match videos, i think maybe combo videos are an exception. I dont think most japanese players can even name the top US players except for the ones that go to EVO

ElvenShadow: <jealousy> BITCH!!! </jealousy> Seems you're performing well over there:P I'm wondering though: will kaqn's switch to Millia be permanent? And could you tell him for me I have no money atm to head over to japan to play games? If he wonders, I'm the guy who mailed him about the KZO vs Ogawa thingie. (And I'm asking you because google translator sucks) Much tnx in advance. Keep up the blogging!

george still slowly kills himself with fried chicken :vbang:

And it's a slow death i'll enjoy...*takes in something bozac can't have in jpn...RAISING CANES