Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoneStar

[CS1] Makoto Vs Tsubaki

Her DPs trade with 214A~C. Only her D gets is a clean escape. But even a trade is enough for her to get away and its makoto approach time :vbang:

her 5B will beat out a lot of ur normals. Naturally u can 3C under it, but u know the drill with that.

The way I see it, Makoto can do everything Tsubaki can, but better. You gotta be careful with her 5B as it has more range than most of your attacks. Make good use of what you have (especially her 214A) and you can do this just fine.

I'm gonna risk it and say this is probably an even match. Maybe Makoto's favor. Anyway, j.B works well against jumping Tsubaki and you can hit 5B 5CC 6B 5C 5[D] midscreen. 3C totally ignores her 236 and it's pretty easy to bait her srk on oki. You can even try parrying it. Only minus in this match is that I got the impression that Tsubaki's 5B beats Makoto's 2A. Or maybe I just timed it wrong, who knows

Im failing to see the easyness in the match that your saying. Give me an overview.

She can charge safely in the air cus Maks range is poor, her D moves beat most of Maks shes always out of range after a blocked combo aswell.

I understand the firepower difference but if I cant hit her thats nothing.

Easy to IB parry Tsubaki, she's got ridiculously predictable blockstrings.

Also, if you can't catch Tsubaki, you're doing it wrong. She's charging in the air? 2D or j.B. Makoto's got the mobility, and you'll be punching blind chicks into the corner in no time.

Just watch out for Tsubaki's shield charges and aerial dives. Other than that, this matchup is very much in Makoto's favor. You do like three times as much damage than Tsubaki on average.

Well im mainly talking super jump, double jump back charge. Especially start of the round what should I do?

My JBs not far or fast enough and too far for JD or 2D. Unless 2Ds hitbox is much bigger than I think. Does this beat her D air dive?

By then she has one or 2 charges for the aerial dive and the full screen dash.

(Is this move as good as I think it is? If im lucky I can 2A the cross up but then I'm 2 far away for anything else, pretty much my main problem)

It dont help the guy I play can react to most my resets now. Also he prettys much runs away most the time, Im pretty sure D dive beats everything I got it even beat my DP.

I'm playing Tsubaki a lot before Makoto available and in my notes everything beat Tsubaki Dive, you can just 6a any of her dive an get ch, and the 236d iirc this move leave her on frame advantage if blocked, jabbing her out after blocked 236d isn't really a good idea imo

and i'm disagree with predictable blockstring, Tsubaki 5b leave her at +1, from there she has option to rushing in again, go low/high or bait your reversal, her blockstring is pretty decent imo especially if u hit confirm a lot

Well im mainly talking super jump, double jump back charge. Especially start of the round what should I do?

My JBs not far or fast enough and too far for JD or 2D. Unless 2Ds hitbox is much bigger than I think. Does this beat her D air dive?

By then she has one or 2 charges for the aerial dive and the full screen dash.

(Is this move as good as I think it is? If im lucky I can 2A the cross up but then I'm 2 far away for anything else, pretty much my main problem)

It dont help the guy I play can react to most my resets now. Also he prettys much runs away most the time, Im pretty sure D dive beats everything I got it even beat my DP.

AsteroidC > Thunder Arrow ftw (214CD). If you do that a few times she'll stop trying to retreat and charge. The angle will also spare you from dives. If you think he'll try to air counter you, don't arrow and barrier cancel it.

so i picked up tsubaki again and use her as a sub atm and shes truly fucked against makoto. she doesnt have anything thats faster then makoto, her 5B is okay for poking, but fails against 3C(especially if the tsubaki player just goes for 5BB...like everyone ive met till now)

charging in the air is quite safe, but only for a second, then she gets in makotos j.B and corona upper range. many tsubakis do j.C on the way down since its got quite good range and is her best aerial anyway. Makoros j.B beats it though.

predict shield rushes and counter with 3C. it will mis completely and get you a CH. 3C also works on her dive, but good players wont use that anyway since its very unsafe on wiff and block

also smart tsubakis can escape a lightning arrow with 214A/B/C/D

Im failing to see the easyness in the match that your saying. Give me an overview.

She can charge safely in the air cus Maks range is poor, her D moves beat most of Maks shes always out of range after a blocked combo aswell.

I understand the firepower difference but if I cant hit her thats nothing.

That is exactly how i feel T.T

It's not easy but it's not particularly hard either. She can't charge safely cause of how quick we can get in with asteroid vision and the looming threat of a comet canon or an asteroid vision C> J.B. while she's in the air.

Her pokes are better than yours from midrange, but up close, you have the advantage, so don't barrier block in order to keep her in close range. Her pressure is not good, where as Makoto has one of the most relentless(albeit slightly gimmicky) pressure games.

Also, do not respect her DP. It sucks and trades all day. You can keep pressuring her for free, unlike other characters with good reversals.

She doesn't really have much going for her in this match unless you somehow make terrible mistakes like jumping in on her with J.CC which gets eaten by her 2C for free or get hit by her unblockable or stuff like that.

Also, punish dive happy/shield rush happy tsubakis with 3C> big damage.