Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhoenonX

[CS1-CS2] Hazama Self-Improvement and Critique Thread

Like all the other "Self-critique" threads, post videos or request matches from people to get tips from other users to help improve yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPEimP4WjLw

Here's a nice 15 minute video of my Hazama play that I took from some other person's stream and uploaded to youtube myself. I'm the Purple Hazama by the way, and just ignore the last few minutes, it's just me trolling with other characters...

But yeah, tips and critique would be appreciated to help me be a better Haz player. I think I did best against the Blue Skillna and Dizzy Mu. Ignore the commentary as well, as I've said, I took it from some person's stream so I have no control over that.

Phoenon I think you should work on your j.C's > throw combo more... you whiffed it almost every time in that video. (the follow up, not the throw itself)

Well, it's a little difficult to critique some parts of it because, to be honest, the Bang player wasn't really that good, lol

Anyway, you seem to have what I like to call "strictly textbook execution". What I mean is that you can do a combo well when presented to you in a perfect (or preferred) situation, but when you aren't and have to improvise, it seems to fall apart a bit. One example is when you did that back through towards the beginning into the corner. It was almost like you got confused or surprised.

Also, don't get into the habit of doing "combo" throws. It's really not something you want to get into the habit of. Once you fight better opponents, it'll just be wasted damage that you could have gotten had you not went for it.

Another thing, you need to capitalize on your chains and throws better. Towards the end, you did a forward throw into the corner. That can easily be followed up with 4D~A (x2) > 4D~D > #j214B. Instead, you wanted to jakou after, which is not only a waste of damage but also a waste of positioning.

#1. Stop dropping combos. His combos are important because if you do drop them, you're losing positioning. And it's not going to be good for him like that. And most of his damage comes from j.214B# so you have to get that in.

#2. Slow down. It feels like he's playing on a pace too fast for him. He needs to hit-confirm instead of spamming attacks on hoping for the best. Like he had a CH 5C in round 4-5 which was easily hit-confirmable into Houtenjin corner combo for at least 5-6k damage but he did nothing after wards.

#3. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER throw somebody out of a corner! >:(

There's so many articles out there which highlight reasons why corner pressure is good and Hazama is one of the characters who benefits greatly. Hit-confirm anything into 236236B cross-up combo into at least 5k.

also

#4. Zone better. Use more chains and have plans for whatever they do in reaction to the chains. Also chain-feints.

thanks! hehe but yeah i always tell him to do corner houtenjin, he's still a kid though and yeah about him spamming 5C, i duno it just seems like a good antiair for him

btw see the ending of the vid? xD

This is one of my matches I had in the past few hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEAySl0wEps

This Jin player gives me a lot of trouble. He's very good at hit-confirming, and he's decent at putting on pressure, though I'm not that great at getting out of pressure though. It's hard to IB online let alone IB Jayoku. Oh, and when he uses his TK Ice Sword from full-screen away, should I just Snake Chain over them or what?

Oh, and outside of this match and speaking in general, I have a hard time dealing with the other person coming from the air, as 2C whiffs for me about 80% of the time with it's very narrow vertical hitbox. I also don't really know how to get out of pressure besides IB Jayoku...not efficiently anyways. Hazama's normals don't have much reach and I usually trade when I try to throw out 2A every now and then. I'm not sure about what to do about Bang's j.C as well, especially when he does the 5a,5b,2b,j.c, jC crossup.

This is one of my matches I had in the past few hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEAySl0wEps

This Jin player gives me a lot of trouble. He's very good at hit-confirming, and he's decent at putting on pressure, though I'm not that great at getting out of pressure though. It's hard to IB online let alone IB Jayoku. Oh, and when he uses his TK Ice Sword from full-screen away, should I just Snake Chain over them or what?

Oh, and outside of this match and speaking in general, I have a hard time dealing with the other person coming from the air, as 2C whiffs for me about 80% of the time with it's very narrow vertical hitbox. I also don't really know how to get out of pressure besides IB Jayoku...not efficiently anyways. Hazama's normals don't have much reach and I usually trade when I try to throw out 2A every now and then. I'm not sure about what to do about Bang's j.C as well, especially when he does the 5a,5b,2b,j.c, jC crossup.

Some quick thoughts:

Try to keep your Drive varied, you tend to always jump up high and do a j.(6)D and let it travel full-screen. Throw out both standing and jumping D's and do some fakeouts by recalling them before they extend to their maximum range.

Try practicing on more varied pressure (you do 5B then 3C and then stop, almost always), you do it so much that it's hurting your hit-confirm (like when you hit someone in the air with 5B you follow it up with 3C, which will whiff).

Learn where the holes in his pressure are and if he ever throws out moves such as 6C on your block then you can punish him with ease since he can only dash cancel to make it safer.

While it's not a good idea to throw out all the time, try doing a few 214D~A, otherwise he can just block low unless you want to risk a 6A or do a slow jump in attack. Likewise, try grabbing and 236C in your pressure more (236C has slightly better reach).

On air hit with your Drive, try doing j.D~C, j.C(x1), j.c., j.C(x5), j.214B over your j.D~D, j.B, j.214B.

Jin's pressure is actually pretty bad, his only overhead (6A) is very slow and punishable on block while his jump in attacks are also slow (j.B and j.2C), practice on reacting to them, basically just block low while keeping your eyes peeled for anything that doesn't hit low or mid.

Also, use barrier and when he's pushed too far away for normal pressure people tend to do something unsafe just to get in to continue pressure, keep your eyes peeled for this.

If he tries to ice car to break your primers from far away you can react to it with just throwing out a Drive chain or 214D~B (better).

If he does a C icecar close you can snuff it with a 5A or simply avoid it with 2A spam (since it lowers your hitbox, making his C icecar whiff).

Icecar B and C is very punishable on block, so learn to IB the last (preferably both) hit and teach him that he really should stop doing that.

If you IB the first hit you can do a 236236B, if you are on you last primer and you either fail to IB or a IB 236236B would kill you on the trade, do a Counter Assault.

Can go over some more later.

My main problem with Haz is doing inprov combos like a AA 5a in to 5c into ect.Also I been mess up my dash in 3c after a 623D =(

I trying to switch from pad to stick it takes so long -.-

Oh, and when he uses his TK Ice Sword from full-screen away, should I just Snake Chain over them or what?

I usually deal with ice sword shenanigans by chaining over them.

5A's pretty awesome as an AA. And there's not much you can do about getting out of pressure except learning the blockstring and poking at the holes.

just wondering if anyone could give me some useful tips. i dont have a video to upload so if someone could play me sometime on psn message me then ^^ id like to know how to improve my trolling skills xD.