Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heavy_Mental

[CS1-CS2] Iron Tager Tech-Traps and Resets Guide

Yes, but if your all gimmicks, your going to lose. Like I said, you have to use the tricks on top of the fundamentals.

You can know every gimmick in the book but those fundamentals are what make gimmicks work at high level play or else you'll never get the opportunity to use them. Even then it differs between players, Tager as character actually presents several different play styles but nearly all the great players are heavy in blocking and fundamentals. Some play like Coopa and Jan usually opt out of resets and simply beat you with fundamentals and smarter gameplay and others like Mike Z who has some absurd gimmicks and set ups but still has the yomi to make it all work.

Ok then I have took some time out of my "not being a freaking mod" time and decided to post something here.

360A>gadget whiff no longer works.

Air grab (throw break)>J.D whiff no longer works.

gadget>RC 5D is way harder to do now, you must do the 5D later.

There are probably more things that is different in CS2 but these are from the top of my head.

Gadget RC collider (gadget flinger): In CS2 you have to do the collider earlier. But imo this makes it easier actually. >.>

Like 5D, gadget RC 6A timing changed since 6A is faster now.

Gadget RC collider (gadget flinger): In CS2 you have to do the collider earlier. But imo this makes it easier actually. >.>

i agree i find it much easier to do now than before.

Like 5D, gadget RC 6A timing changed since 6A is faster now.

So thats what was wrong...pfft time for me to grind this out.

Nubbiest tech trap yet, surprised it's not listed:

Midscreen:

...AC, 2D, 5D (whiff), (Insert Gadget finger-esque mixup)

Only works if they neutral tech, if they don't then the 5D will whiff and you're not really any worse off.

EDIT: Double nubby trap:

Starting with: 5D/4D (ch) or spark bolt

5C > 6A > 2C > 623[C]

Loses only to a well timed tech and quick air move, all other times you either get the collider reset or just bluebeat them for decent damage.

Note for the first corner tech trap listed, the Additional attach can be replaced with 5B. I find this much quicker and thus harder to react to than using Hammer, you can also hold out an asap 360B and catch them in landing recovery if they neutral tech.

On a similar vein, it is possible to do a deliberately failed BGadget by just doing 22D and tapping it, they will probably bounce tech and you can take advantage of that.

New one for you people.

6A > (6B) > 5D, 360B

6B only works if 6A is a counterhit, Setup also works on block... sort of, the blockstring is full of holes. Use 6A > 4D for the tick setup on block, but it is rather obvious.

(Magnetised) 360A/B, 6[A]

Hold the 6A until you see how and when they tech, most likely you'll catch a block but at least your super armour is active and them blocking a 6A is often a better situation than GF gives. If you want a safe out, go for a purple throw. If you guess too late, at least your super armour will block their reversals.

Late neutral tech as 6A whiffs > massive free combo for them. Not worth the risk imo.

There is that, maybe reserve it for Rachel then, where it just hits them if they just stay down.

Late neutral tech as 6A whiffs > massive free combo for them. Not worth the risk imo.

Wait a couple of moments before doing 6A so they have to neutral tech or roll or they end up rising up normally.

That setup only works when your opponent is scared Manta.

Nubbiest tech trap yet, surprised it's not listed:

Midscreen:

...AC, 2D, 5D (whiff), (Insert Gadget finger-esque mixup)

Only works if they neutral tech, if they don't then the 5D will whiff and you're not really any worse off.

EDIT: Double nubby trap:

Starting with: 5D/4D (ch) or spark bolt

5C > 6A > 2C > 623[C]

Loses only to a well timed tech and quick air move, all other times you either get the collider reset or just bluebeat them for decent damage.

yo you kind of stole my tech trap man!

yo you kind of stole my tech trap man!

Actually I discovered both of those by mashing too hard. Which one were you laying claim to?

Actually I discovered both of those by mashing too hard. Which one were you laying claim to?
The second one. It's kind of like mine. It's CH 5D, 2A/5A, 623 C( whiff), 720

The second one. It's kind of like mine. It's CH 5D, 2A/5A, 623 C( whiff), 720

Ah well, that's less subtle I find, every time you start hitting the A button mid combo, any experienced play just stops mashing. My combo at least looks legit (And can be if the 5C hits them when they're low to the ground, magnetism helps). I find the best tech traps are the ones that look like real combos.

Ah well, that's less subtle I find, every time you start hitting the A button mid combo, any experienced play just stops mashing. My combo at least looks legit (And can be if the 5C hits them when they're low to the ground, magnetism helps). I find the best tech traps are the ones that look like real combos.
But in the end, we're looking for the win. So who cares who finds it.

But in the end, we're looking for the win. So who cares who finds it.

I agree. *Goes back to watching Akira's videos for techniques to copy*

6B>6C>jB>jC>jB>623C(magnetized)

But someone most likely thought of that already, right? Super easy to see after the first time, because Tager never jumps and hits people in the air in combos. But then you just finish your combo or 22D. Sorry if this is useless.

6B>6C>jB>jC>jB>623C(magnetized)

But someone most likely thought of that already, right? Super easy to see after the first time, because Tager never jumps and hits people in the air in combos. But then you just finish your combo or 22D. Sorry if this is useless.

Well actually, if you replace the jB with jD then you actually get a really really hard tech trap to escape from, it's one of the more legitimate bluebeats.

The J.D would combo and be more obvious.

The J.B will make people think you dropped it and mash back tech.

Clap's is more ideal because no matter how they tech they will be high enough to get collider'd.

Whereass the normal trap can be beaten with a late neutral tech.

I have been messing with 6 A+B while mag. You don't understand the feeling I get for whiffing a 623 C after 6 A+B when the opponent is mag. the only thing is though. I haven't came up with anything awesome for it yet. Any ideas?