Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ansem

chipp vs potemkin help

hmmm....Is there no match up thread in Chip forum? But I do agree...match with pot is hard...:vbang:

Indeed, I've had some experience so I'll give you my input. 5k is one of your best moves against him. It's speed and range stuff basically all of Potemkin's stuff in the right range, as well as spammable so as to beat hammerfall. Taking to the air is not usually advisable IMO. Potemkin's j.HS basically hits everywhere around him and does massive damage, so trading with this is just bad bad news for you. Also, Heat will make short work of you (and I've mentioned in a previous thread, Chipp's 6k can actually get CAUGHT in his heat, for no damn good reason.) If Pot jumps in on you, 6p that shit into air combo of your choice. If he does j.D (aka "the Butt") Just Dragonpunch that shit. getting in random 2D>236S>5p>air combo of choice is probably the best chance at victory, as since Potemkin has a huge hitbox making it very easy to combo into (probably easiest character to hit this on in the game). This is good because 2D has good range and fairly safe (cept against Hammerfall of course) lastly, don't try to do too much tricky throwing/getting in his zone. Potemkin has both longer ground throw and air throw range. Also, he has a Potemkin Buster, which equals you're fucked. Oh yeah, and don't abuse backdash, as hammerfall will eat you and then you die. To turtle just throw shurikens as they are not projectiles and therefore I don't think they can be flicked (could use a confirmation on that) Hope this helps! If all else fails, switch to Axl :P

my experiance with potem is pot shotting teleport. being able to use teleport effeciantly will allow you to escape his moves easier. Shurikens are great vs him. My strategy with him as always been hit and run, always hitting him, and then trying to get out of his range. But in agreeance with everyone else, chipp vs pot is very hard.

Is there any vids of chipp vs potemkin (real professional players not person vs computer) where chipp wins so i can see how i should battle him

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X0FXDFbcFgM

Japanese doubles. Pot vs. Chipp starts at 03:30.

Do's:

-Jump! Fly all over the big guy.

-Shuriken. It's your safest approach.

Don'ts:

-lengthy blockstrings. Keep it simple. If you get in on Pot and you don't land a hit, you better get back out. Not worth getting a Pot buster in the face just to raise a little guard bar.

-Run in. Too unsafe. You're at a huge risk of getting randomly poked and take sucker damage, getting knocked down, or PB'd.

-Get touched!

Just to reiterate what he's saying, realize there is a timer in guilty gear. Also realize that if pot has less life then you it FORCES him to take the offensive (punish his ..rushdown? least whatever offense he tries). Good zoning is really key for this fight, and remember 6p beats his jump in HS. Remember that if you ground throw you can do a normal combo if you hit chipps 5sยฉ on the first frame that chipp can actually stick out a move which can make for a nice BnB combo (or just leaf throw or grab him again). Also remember that if he likes slide head, alpha that on reaction if possible. Meaty moves are great vs pots that love to back dash (meaty j.hs's/gammas too). Ne ways random 2 cents, ill prolly post more about this later. Frc teles are a nice way to start a combo as well.

I dun have much experience against professional pots but here are some basic hints that will help against your intermediate ones: 1. You are free to do anything for okizeme except for when they can do an overdrive. 2. Against tick throw setups, you can always use alpha blade instead of beta blade, just in case they may want to do the heat/pbuster mix up (though backdash is technically your safest bet) 3. be patient and let pot come to you. Chances are, mediocre pots would always just, and your 6p can beat out j.s and j.hs quite easily. If you're feeling good, you can always dp. 4. dun always air dash backwards right after you do a block string. Chances are, they'll only do a single hs poke, or jump at you. If the latter, you get a chance to counter with 6p, 6hs for decent damage. 5. depending on how good your opponent is, simple crossover double/triple jumps can cause a hell of a lot of confusion against average pot players. Not really an awesome tactic, but definately worth doing against mediocre players.

i spent a few days trying diff idea's vs a computer potemkin *put him on max level* i found the ebst idea was to be all over the map. Since pot is so big, you can do a dust teleport *22d i think is the correct term* or down down r1. It puts ytou in a good position for a quick combo, then reteleport when you land, and pretty much the idea is to move so much pot doesn't know where your going. Now the computer kicked my arse because of the computer ai knowing that when i teleport, he knows exactly where i am, but a human player might not be able to be as quick on the draw to yoru constant moving. If that doesn't work, just try to outmanuver him.

i spent a few days trying diff idea's vs a computer potemkin *put him on max level* i found the ebst idea was to be all over the map. Since pot is so big, you can do a dust teleport *22d i think is the correct term* or down down r1. It puts ytou in a good position for a quick combo, then reteleport when you land, and pretty much the idea is to move so much pot doesn't know where your going. Now the computer kicked my arse because of the computer ai knowing that when i teleport, he knows exactly where i am, but a human player might not be able to be as quick on the draw to yoru constant moving. If that doesn't work, just try to outmanuver him.

well, any decent player will have reflexes to stand up once they see chipp teleporting - now they only have to decide wether you are left or right of them, then either do a normal / backdash / air throw.

of course, teleport FRC is a different matter.

i personally think teleports are fine, but should be used sparringly for direct attacks, the risk is too high vs. pot.

try out a very low air dashing j.D, i don't know if it works in accent core, but pot used to have problems anti airing this (even with 6p). make sure to be very low (like, after a back jump, etc.) to make the j.D somewhat safe on block.

Yeah honestly I dont think doing 22H or 22D is a great idea most of the time. Even with an frc, Potemkin can instantly air throw you (longest Air throw range in the game). Granted that is only assuming he's in the air, but the Pot player I am used to has gotten in the habit of jumping when I teleport. He just hits direction+HS, so if I'm close enough he'll Air throw which is no good. If not I will usually get hit/CH by j.HS because it hits EVERYWHERE and either way you lose lots of life. Seriously, best way to beat him is throw shurikens and dash up, 5k 5k 5k. It stuffs everything, including hammerfall. In the right range it's godly against POT. if he takes to the air, 6P for safety or DP if you see the butt.

nothign to important to note, though browseing this thread and that single shit thread, I think you guys are giving chipp in general a bad rap. SHRUUUUUUUUUG also ninja dash throw invincable to say dont forget that. So you can bait throws with it to say, and if its blocked, well your safe. Also obviously ninja dash beats slide head, and its beats quite a few of potemkins attacks in general since not quite a lot of them hit low enough to hit him. Also obviously it beats a lot of potemkins jump ins to. So if you want to be ghetto and are running away you can always ninja dash as anti air, so you get the chance o fhitting and if you dont well its blocked shruuuuug. Also off topic but im to lazy to post in other thread, not the same in slash and AC to the exstent but in older games for something on that vs character thread remmeber that once zappa has roah(again not sure if the same in slash and AC to the exstent)he onyl has one attack that could hit chips ninja dash shrug.

hahahahahaha, i just don't want to give chipp players a fake hope that it's easy to win a pot matchup, coz it is damn hard, and so easy to die. Oh another thing, i wanted to say about 5k. I dun use 5k against pot, because as a frame trap punisher (after a blocked 236s or Sยฉ) pot can just pot buster you anyway. I dun play frame traps against pot, way too risky.

. Oh another thing, i wanted to say about 5k. I dun use 5k against pot, because as a frame trap punisher (after a blocked 236s or Sยฉ) pot can just pot buster you anyway. I dun play frame traps against pot, way too risky.

well, it does make sense for zoning or poking, though - if you want to break free of ticks, 5k is a bad choice, of course.

best advice i can give personally from my exp.... get in get out...rinse and repeat. get in, do sum dmg even if its chip dmg get sum kinda dmg and do ur best to hold the lead. its to easy to lose alot of hp in this match so u wanna start of getting sum kinda dmg to force the pot to u. pokes to use 1. 5hs pros: -great as AA specially for CHs. -great for ground CHs so u can follow up with an impossible dust for good dmg -nice block stun/guard build up, great jump cancelable poke -great when spaced correctly cons: -sucks if whiffed like any other poke 2. 6hs pros: -see above and minus the impossible dust cons: -see above 3. 6p pros: -good AA when spaced -great rush in attack to fish for CHs that lead to 6hs, dust teleport frc combos -beats out most of pots pokes, spacing specific cons: -blows on whiff -can be punished on AA if pot gets the j.s right on top of ur head -not always the greatest AA 4. 2hs pros: -beats ALL pots pokes, especially at the start of a match vs his normals -good AA vs j.hs -almost always leads to CHs, use ground based teleports to kill the recovery and follow up with an air combo of choice. but never end with a j.d or beta. if u do end wit jump d make sure its a jumping back j.d cons: -underrated poke -of course whiffing sucks this is my normal poke set for pot on the ground, in the air u simply need a quick dirk to dash behind to make air attacks more safe. be forwarned tho that pot CAN 6p thru the dirk! so watch ur spacing and u can actually force the whiff and punish it accordingly. by all means do NOT over use leaf grab at all! use it VERY VERY sparringly. pot j.d beats it clean so be weary. when doing combos dont always go for the trip jump, instead at times let urself fall and let pot tech, and chicken guard him with 5p's. as scrubby as it may sound it has the potential to clash with alot of his air pokes and beat them out. not to mention if hes trying to block after the tech 1 of those 5p's will eventually connect. the point of this? if he decides to FD u can blaze his meter by doing this. the less meter pot has the less u have to worry about in terms of combos and setups. if it connects repeat the trap, (combo to double jump or single jump, make sure pot ends up above u. meaning u might want to end the combos off wit a good bit of j.k's to keep him above u of course.) and proceed wit the chicken guard. i'll add more later, got stuff to do...

its a some what unlikely scenario but still none the less possible. it has 4 requirements pots near instant kill combo against chipp 1. CH 2H 2. 100% tension 3. Chipp cannot be too close to or in a corner 4. you have no burst okay heres the combo. CH 2H -> 632146h -> 4123641236P 2S -> 2H -> 236236S = Chipp basically loses if hes lost any heath before the start of the combo (one S or HS of pots would be enough). so yeah.... dont get hit by this or kiss your ass goodbye XD.