Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blade

Who ELSE keeps screwing up Dangoku?

I'm getting really frustrated with doing A.B.A.'s rekka-inputs, I know it's negative-edged so the input happens after you release, but whenever I do it, whenever I have a spare Bloodpack and 50% Tension I end up accidentally doing her Goku Moroha input. I know the input is: 1) :d::df::f::s: (Masshou) 2) :b::f::s: (Fukumetsu) 3) :f::df::d::db::b::s: (Dangoku) But I keep buffering this instead: :f::df::d::db::b: x2 :s: (Henshitsu OD) It gets to the point I do it in the middle of a combo and immediately have to waste a Bloodpack to save myself. While the OD may stagger someone nearby, it sucks to do it by accident and I end up wasting Tension, Bloodpack, and Health. Argh. If you guys can offer advice or know what to do when this happens, please let me know. I play a little ABA on pad, so hence you can see the origin of my problem. It's even worse when I try to do Dangoku FRC combos and end up doing this instead.

Between 236S and 46S, lift your thumb off the D-pad to help keep from accidentally doing 23632146. If you don't want to lift your thumb, then practice making your execution more precise.

The exact same thing happened to me when I first started learning ABA. The solution is, don't play pad ABA. The real solution is, keep doing it. For me, the reason it was happening was because of my own imprecise inputs. I would try to rush the end portion, and 'mash' it out to some extent. You just have to know the timing and precise inputs, to be honest. Like, Masshou and Fukumetsu you input pretty much as close to one motion (if your intent is doing all three portions of the rekka), and you input Dangoku a little bit later on. Just make sure you're not doing any extraneous motions for Fukumetsu -> Dangoku.

I feel your pain. I know not to do it but my fat thumb says otherwise... T_T I'm glad theres an actual machine down here. No accidental henshitsu inputs on a stick. =)

well since this isn't closed I guess I can ask this question here. how do I learn to not suck at the rekkas FRC? I know there has to be some way of getting it consistently. the way i practice it is just doing them over and over again and i'd say right now i'm at like 30% sucess rate. So is there any like visual cue to help me get it down?

i started aba one week ago i had that problem too i just learned to do each command on its precise time,and that's it,problem fixed in 15 minutes in practice :)

I'm new to the game and i know it takes time to learn the FRC's but i might have to lay off the ABA match videos because if i see Dio do the FRC one more time i don't know what' i'll do lol

i practiced it for 2 hours and i'm getting the FRC 84% of the time now i feel alot better. the times i messed up were my own lazy ass fault though because i wasn't watching like i should be watching. the way i do it actually came from the frame data. Dangoku's start up frames end right when the move is FRC'able, or atleast that's the logic i'm following, so when the move activates i mash those buttons. I apologize in advance if what i said is wrong, i'm relatively new at thinking of games in start up, active and recovery frames so feel free to correct me if i'm wrong because i'd like to get my logic when it come to these things right.

Quick question...do you guys dash prime the Dangoku FRC (ie, 236S, 46S, 63214HS 6FRC6), or do you just input the dash after the FRC (or RC, in my case :vbang: ) goes off? I can't seem to get the dash prime down properly, and seeing as her Moroha dash is insane, I'm sure she could catch up with the ground sliding opponent in time. Not sure about normal mode though.

I don't think you can even hit at a range that's far enough to have to dash prime to get in close enough. The groundslide coupled with her run speed are plenty.

I don't think you can even hit at a range that's far enough to have to dash prime to get in close enough. The groundslide coupled with her run speed are plenty.

Wut? So you're saying that if you dash prime it in Moroha, she'll actually get in too close? Interesting. I haven't tried it, since it's a pain in the ass to test midscreen combos in training mode since the dummy always winds up in the corner.

I'm not sure what the properties of dash prime are but it isn't necessary with A.B.A. from my own experience. Normal mode dashing is after the FRC of Dangoku is good enough to get anything done. The only things i practice Dangoku for anymore is FRCing and getting the most delayed Dangoku i can get and I don't there's a "too" close in Mohara with Dangoku being an exception

I'm not sure what the properties of dash prime are but it isn't necessary with A.B.A. from my own experience.

This. But be careful if your opponent SB's a 2HS; you might get thrown if you don't do your 2K or whatever quick enough.

Okay so I just discovered the secret to Dangoku on Pad!

It's like...A REVELATION! (Stick Users wouldn't understand, maybe.)

Anyway, instead of doing the inputs as separately listed in her movelist, do the inputs as if you were doing a backwards Overdrive or Sol's Forcebreak Overdrive...here's what to do:

:d::df::f:+:s: MASSHOU

:b::f::df::d::db::b:+:s: FUKUMETSU+DANGOKU

I left out the "Fukumetsu" :s: for a reason in that input, you still do it, but the idea is to get the last two inputs in a "single motion" without double-tapping :f: and screwing up the input. You still hit :s: at the same time as :f: just before :df:

So really it looks like this:

:d::df::f:+:s:

:b::f:+(:s:)::df:::d::db::b:+:s:

I hope that helps! It sure helps me! :keke:

I just recently bought GGXXAC+ and I've been having problems with the Rekkas too. I mess up at 46S but if I get that part in then I can (usually) follow up with Dangoku with no problems. I have to do 236S-41236S-Dangoku, though, or else I either jump or mess up the input. I haven't started working on FRCing Dangoku yet but it sounds like a lot of fun and I can't wait! I'm on a pad by the way. I plan on getting a stick soon though. Do you guys think it's way easier on a stick?

Silly silly. It's faaaarrr easier on sticks. Just stop doubting yourself and just do it.

But I'd strive for accuracy, not for ease of execution.

I just picked up A.B.A a few weeks ago. Needs tournaments.