Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank The Tank

The even NEWER North Carolina Thread

Buttons buttons buttons reset buttons buttons buttons reset SUPER

KO

General flowchart for a round involving Carl.

so yeah, I'm thinking about having our first state gathering of the year this weekend, it's a kinda "come here if you don't want to go to gamefrog" thing. I'll give more updates later on in the week.

Yo I hear this guy in Wilmington plays GG on a 50" LCD and it has no lag, son. Takin MMs on it. This deserves some Kris Kelley ellipses.............................

Yo, you talking bout SALTY KRIS?

Also, Brent regarding our match in teams. I realized that my loss had much more to do with my general lack of rose knowledge then me being mentally tired. I need to learn how to fight her now that she is a real character. She is ALOT safer then I initially thought she was >_<

Well, that's a random comment!

You just have to get in my face and stay on top of me (yes homo for old time's sake). You don't have to play like it's standard SSF4 where you're all worried I might do x random move in the middle of your strings and oki...unless, of course, I have ultra or you do something telegraphed and not active that I can EX soul spiral. That move's invincibility ends before it becomes active.

A real character now, huh? She wasn't that bad before. I'm beating the same people I beat in SF4. However, she is much better!

I remember you said you were doing step kicks like in my face or something. That probably wasn't a good idea, but you knew that! Long range is cool with me, mid range is sex, and close I'm pretty nervous. I haven't really ever fought a good Ken, so I don't have a wealth of matchup tips...but yeah, Rose is pretty safe unless I do some bad drills/bad slides. Bad drills are more common, you might have noticed Jon punishing Art's with cr.LP > rekkas.

I don't think you should throw fireballs at all. I can't see them doing anything for you in that fight. Other characters, yes, but not Ken's fireballs.

Here's my knowledge of rose:

Beware of slide, pay attention the spacing. If he does it too close you can punish. If he does it far away, you should be prepared to delayed crouch tech as he's either going to do that or cr.MP afterwards. Focus attack is pretty good in this match so I'd suggest learning to use it properl..... oh wait you play Ken.

Go into training mode and practice punishing drills at a distance. I know Fei can cr.LP rekkas them on block but he does have a good bit of range, but since Ken has a 4 frame cr.MK, that may also work. You gotta show him that drills aren't safe or let him keep giving you free damage. This is how I got like half my damage on Arturo. Also try to be aware of her backdash when you are pressuring. It's like the DP for that character since it goes so far so he can just mash it during block strings. I imagine Ken can step kick or kara throw it if he watches for it while attacking. Generally though, there is no reason to be scared of Rose if you work on your teching. Delayed OS throw tech is AMAZING in this game and you should definitely learn to use it, as it will shut down a lot of Rose's game. She's another character where down back kinda rapes her. If she's throwing fireballs don't be afraid to jump even if it's kinda late as their recovery and startup suck. Crossups can be good on her and I'd say work on your Vortex with Ken because Rose dies on wakeup for free. Once you notice he has ultra, start baiting it. Generally you can just down back her to death once she activates ultra so DON'T BE SCARE. If he seems overaggressive with them, stuff with invincibility will still go through them so if he does something silly like jump or try to do soul throw to get close, just EX DP her in the taint and get those balls out of there.

Really though drills are never safe, it's just about if you can reach them or not. Practice the spacing and knowing what you can use and the fight gets a lot easier.

As far as rose being a real character, she was good before too. U2 really isn't as good as people make it out to be. It's just better than that other shitty ultra. I don't even think they changed anything with her other than the ultra.

Either you guys have some bad info. or Greenville does lol. Thanks for your thoughts on the match though.

Well considering Brent PLAYS her and I've fought Brent a bazillion times, I'd think we'd know what we're talking about lol

Brent we should change our team name to Team French Time Paradox.

IMHO IMO IRS ICO

Yeah turns out we had some things backwards about her at the last gathering. I didn't really have a reason to doubt what anyone told me in regards to her move properties, but after checking Brentfy was correct. Good stuff on knowing yo character.

Not to have Jon pass out Jon Assumption Information, a lot of things actually changed about her from SF4, but Soul Satellite is the big thing. She actually had a few nerfs even. A few of the other more significant buffs are like Soul Throw doing 20 more damage and being able to juggle, reflects being better at reflecting, crouch HP being faster and doing more damage (this normal is really important).

The nerfs were sweep (was -3, is now -10), EX spark's damage (was 65+65, now 30+70), and forward+roundhouse's range and frames. Also to note, eventhubs' Rose data is pretty wrong. Their data for reflects and sparks are the same as SF4, but I'm almost certain those moves changed...sparks recover a little faster.

Shadowing France is kind of lame imo, everybody on the Rose forum knows each other and it'd be kind of odd if they heard lol.

Focus attack is pretty good in this match so I'd suggest learning to use it properl..... oh wait you play Ken.

Art was drilling focuses on reaction. You can focus the slide, but that's really about it, and against observant players that's not a good idea, due to the upcoming bit of info.

Really though drills are never safe, it's just about if you can reach them or not.

Wrong. Roundhouse drill is -4 on first frame of guard, but has 6 active frames. Therefore, it can be up to +2, and against good Rose players, that's exactly what it's going to be 95% of the time. What's significant about this, and what ties into the previous statement, is that the distance where RH drill is + also happens to be optimal slide distance.

U2 really isn't as good as people make it out to be. It's just better than that other shitty ultra. I don't even think they changed anything with her other than the ultra.

Basically all of this is incorrect as well. U2 is an INFALLIBLE reversal; it's never ever wrong, and the mere presence of an active U2 bar gets you out of shitty situations without you even having to do anything. U1 is still quite useful against a lot of characters (Dictator, Rufus, FB characters etc.) which is demonstrated by Art on a regular basis. The hitboxes on quite a few of her moves were changed as well, the most notable of which being low fierce (that shit lost to tons of stuff in Vanilla that it NEVER loses to now).

I misunderstood some things Art said about Rose at Lucky's, and I was doing some kind of crazy wierd shit with the frame data (I'm fairly sure that it was different on the wiki than it is now or some shit) that led to James's statements lol. Regardless, the character is braindead good, and one of the main reasons I'm starting to sour on Super is that the boring good characters are clearly the best. Nick is more and more right every day.

lol yeah Jon there's these things called active frames son

It's the same with slide, or any move that slides a character forward but becomes active sooner than when they stop moving. Like Cammy drills.

Art told me about that ultra 1 stuff vs Rufus, I would never have thought to try that. I wonder if it's better at going through fireballs now. So many times I would react to a tiger shot and just get hit out of it...

No lie, Rose is an easy character. She's not great at hurting people, but her defensive options make up for that...usually. The offensive ability of some characters can just overwhelm me.

Ultra 2 is like one of the best moves in Street Fighter history bro.

Does anyone know of any gatherings in Greenville? im at ECU and im bored out of my mind

We play at my house every week (Tuesday), sometimes multiple days, but Tuesday basically ALWAYS happens. Games played are SSF4/BBCS/GGAC/MBAA/more acronyms.

Dude, you lucked out, Greenville is where it's at for gatherings. Literally lol, that's...where they're at.

Man if it really is possible to make drills completely safe then I'm not gonna lie, Brent and Art suck at it lol.

Is it only the HK version that has a lot of active frames? I still think focus is good in this match because if you're making rose do raw drills, you are playing it right. You can just backdash them to avoid getting hit usually. You really just have to watch. Most of roses game is single hit long range pokes so I really do think focus has a place here. I've had luck with it, atleast.

And yeah you are right about U2 being great for a get out of jail free card but if you do bait it, it's really not as scary as people make it out to be once it's on the screen. It shuts down you jumping at her (shouldn't jump at range anyway because of cr.HP) and wakeup pressure has to account for it but really she kinda needed it.

As far as the buffs you listed Brent, yeah the cr.HP thing is big, I didn't know that. Sweep is -10? That's new. I'ma start rekkaing you on block now lol

Dude, you lucked out, Greenville is where it's at for gatherings. Literally lol, that's...where they're at.

my older brother is held up in greenville =O perhaps i could hitch a ride to some gatherings from him >o>

I don't even remember the last time we fought Jon, but yeah...I'm not going to be doing drills that you can punish with a combo. I'll do them if I think I can get away with it, probably what Art was doing, but after a few punishes, it occurs to us to stop...or maybe we thought the drill was hitting and it didn't.

I think the big thing is like cr.MP to drill isn't really confirmable or safe but most people can't punish it so you guys just do it anyway and get in the habit of it. That's how it is for me with Rose atleast.

Yeah.

That Trykt guy kinda irks me. At first he's like "your hotel gathering was OKAYYYYYYY, but I have 57984327594 ways to make it better, let me do them" and now he's all "welllllll I didn't post about them again and I'm not doing them because I'm lazy".

These new people. I just don't know.

Just letting yall know, I'm probably not going to have gathering tmr. We're all going tailgating at the football game tmr and I'm not sure when I'll be back but I probably won't want company when I do get back anyway. So we'll see what shit's gonna be like next weekend.