Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

MD / NoVA Thread: High Precision Fighting

Hi, I'm Kevin and I want to get better at GG. There's a couple of us playing in the Waldorf area that are trying to get better and would like to start going up the road to learn when we have the chance to. Do people usually play at Xanadu on Fridays now, or is there another regular meetup?

If we're going to Xanadu on Fridays we almost always post beforehand in this thread.

Lately the majority of gatherings have been taking place at Pat's (4r5) place in Rockville.

Looks like for the NEC poll teams is going to win because BBCP is a new game so it would make sense to vote teams for that game and they don't give a shit about what gg gets.

Why do I have to play in a team tourney based on what another community wants? How many of those team voters even play gg?

Why do I have to play in a team tourney based on what another community wants? How many of those team voters even play gg?

Sure it's your tourni money, time, and skill; but if you want the scene to grow, you can't be this selfish.

I'm not quite ready to give up on gg at xanadu. We haven't made use of the steam. And even if we don't get stream time, we can keep doing recordings. Maybe upload them to vgbootcamp's YouTube. They got 9800 subs.

Looks like for the NEC poll teams is going to win because BBCP is a new game so it would make sense to vote teams for that game and they don't give a shit about what gg gets.

This is a good point I was thinking the same thing earlier. Would've been nice if voting was separated between BB and GG. (well I guess it kinda is with choice 2 but nobody is picking that lol)

I'm planning to come to the monthly on the 28th, if we could get a tourney going that would be awesome, but I wanna play more +R regardless

Sure it's your tourni money, time, and skill; but if you want the scene to grow, you can't be this selfish.

What does it have to do with the scene growing? Did you even look at the poll? People who have nothing to do with gg are voting for what format the tourney will be. Here is a quote directly from the thread:

I picked option 3 but I honestly don't care what GG is since I won't enter that. I just want BB teams.

What does it have to do with the scene growing? Did you even look at the poll? People who have nothing to do with gg are voting for what format the tourney will be. Here is a quote directly from the thread:

Why you gotta focus on one guy?!

Why you gotta focus on one guy?!

He's not. I've been around these forums a long time, most of those people voting are not GG players, or not "main game" players. Its really fucking stupid.

Also the main reason they're voting teams for both too is because they think it increases odds of winning.

If you suck you suck, two extra bodies won't make a difference.

This is really so stupid. I don't understand why we can't just do teams both games on Friday, singles both games on Saturday and let that be that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Also the main reason they're voting teams for both too is because they think it increases odds of winning.

I thought it was because of time / space reasons; which is an even more bullshit reason.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

http://steamcommunity.com/app/245170/discussions/0/846963710880975367/

10. When I hold back to block, sometimes I have to hold down back but then they jump so I get confused and press forward back instead of just back so I get hit. Then if I am holding back to block, sometimes they crouch and hit my foot so I get confused on how to block that. Can we add a universal blocking system?

Jump-in in to knockdown followed by strong pressure.

You play Eddie now?