Sign in to follow this  
Kyle

[AC] May 101: A Primer for Newcomers

Dear May Soldiers,

Welcome to Dustloop. I am glad to see so many new players in this community. With the recent release of Accent Core on the PS2 and the Wii, lots of people want information, tips, tricks, hints and overall strategies.

:eng101: This thread will fulfill all of your May needs.:eng101:

- First of all everyone should read the "GG Accent Core Web Encyclopedia", it still has lots of concepts you should learn and understand before diving into May.

http://dustloop.com/ggac/index.html

Post 1= GG Accent Core Web Encyclopedia & Table of Contents

Post 2= AC May Beginner Guide

Post 3= AC May Beginner Guide continued

Post 4= Full 5D Explanation

Post 5= Applause for the Victim: Guide on Hoop-set (41236+ P/K/S/HS) By: Hsien-Jo

Post 6= AC May Advanced Guide

Post 7= May Gimmicks and Tricks Guide

Post 8= AC May Full character Frame Data & 6[P], ]P[ Frame Data

Post 8= Q & A: Regarding Guides

:eng101:AC May Beginner Guide:eng101:

Table of Contents-

0 - Introduction

.5 - Character Evaluation

1 - Legend-

2 - Input-

3 - Pros-

4 - Cons-

5 -Styles-

6 - Basics-

6.5- Normals-

6.75 - Specials-

6.90 - Supers-

7 - Launches-

8 - Combo's-

9 - Tick throws-

10 - Frame Traps-

11 - Conclusion-

12 - 5D fully explained-

0 – Introduction-

This desperately needed guide is intended for the people who have begun to pick up Guilty Gear and understands most or some concepts but isn't very educated on May. First you came to Dustloop, than May forums looking for a foundation to a May game, This is for all of you.

No legal disclaimers, no copyright BS, this is from ME to all of you.

I will gladly update with more when beneficial contributions are made and shall DO MY BEST to cite people for their own contribution.

-Kyle

.5 -Character Evaluation

Fun times over at the tier list thread over the newly released tier list from the japanese. I'll try to do a bit of elementary translations for what is said about may :D

メイ

平均火力 S:OHKあるいはHS系カウンター、6Pダスト山田各種からの事故発生。牽制からはダメージ取れない

最大火力 A:平均火力≒最大火力。

牽制 C:リーチの短い強判定技を振るか、そこそこリーチの単発牽制を振るか。

固め D:固め続けることはない。すぐ仕切り直しや攻防交代になりがち

崩し C:人並み。ゲージ依存。

起き攻め C:ゲージを使っての空中からの起き攻めは見切りにくい。

対空 D:上方向に強い技がない。先出し縦(相手による)と空中投げが生命線。

対地 A:めくり、タイミングずらしなど優秀。

切り替えし D:さすがに下から数えた方が早い。

装甲 C-:数値的には平均よりやや低い程度。但し拾われ易さは屈指。

立ち回り C:ハイリスクハイリターンの特攻と、ローリスクローリターンの待ちを持つ

ランク A-:強キャラ~準強キャラ。ウザさ全快のザ・厨キャラだと思う

得意 闇慈、イノ:過去スレを見て、メイを苦手とするキャラを探してみた

苦手 アバ、ザッパ:過去スレを見t(ry

May

Average Damage/Power (S): Basically, OHK is god, HS on reaction as a counter is also god and 6P gets you out of practically any sticky situations.

Maximum Damage/Power (A): Average Power = Maximum Power. I guess it means no real burst damage but steady damage that nets a crap ton in the end (eg: lame loop)

Poking ©: Short reach...

Defense against pressure(D): What looks to be a remark about how May cannot get out of constant pressure (missing SRK)

Mix up ©: is average and tension dependent...

Okizeme/Wake up game ©: Not much else in terms of oki game after hoop set FRC and "in the air oki game" which I assume to be a reference to 2HS

Anti-Air (D): Apparently weak anti-air other than what I assume to be the invul frames of 6P. Must rely on getting her move out first or air throwing for AA otherwise.

Ground to Ground (A): Excellent ability to cross and delay (I assume it is in reference to the delay in pressure strings and the like) "etc."

1- Legend-

P, K, S, H, D - Punch, Kick, Slash, Heavy Slash, Dust

S.f - Far version of Slash

5.S - Close version of Slash

Jc.- Jump Cancel

SJc. - Super Jump Cancel

Land - Land on the ground

, - Gattling moves

[D] - Hold down D here

]P[ - Release P here

2HS/2D- Use 2HS OR 2D here.

JI - Jump Install

FD - Faultless Defense

FDC - Faultless Defense Cancel

IAD - Instant Air Dash

RC - Roman Cancel

FRC - False Roman Cancel

TK - Tiger Knee

FB - Force Break

May exclusive-

DDU= Double Dolphin Upper, May's ability to hit HSVD backwards and throw opponents across y axis.

OHK= Overhead kiss command grab 63214 K

RR = Resestive Roll Dragon punch 6323 S or HS...grounded or aerial

Hoop Se t= 41236 + P/K/S/HS can be held forever by buffering button.

SVD= Slash vertical dolphin 2,8 S

HSVD= Heavy slash vertical dolphin 2, 8 HS

SHD= Slash horizontal dolphin 4, 6 S

HSHD= Heavy Slash Horizontal Dolphin 4, 6 HS

FBSVD= force break Slash vertical dolphin 2,8 S, 8D *

FBHSVD= force break heavy slash vertical dolphin 2, 8 HS, 8D *

FBSHD= force break Slash horizontal dolphin 4, 6 S, 6D *

FBHSHD= force break Heavy Slash Horizontal Dolphin 4, 6 HS, 6D *

B&B(BNB)= bread and butter basic combo enders

WHALE= OMG it's a whale! 236236 S

Lame loop...oblivion...= basic damage combo's S, HS, delay, SVD, REPEAT

Jackhound= OTG launch, scales bad, very unusable 214 D

[D]- dust feint LOW, doesn't special cancel but can be jump canceled, than you can Dolphin out of your crouching state- because the best follow up is always a SVD.

yWhen you FB Dolphin, you do the 6D or 8D BEFORE it hits (so that you jump off the dolphin) rather than after it hits.

2- Input-

Charge Partitioning versus Charge buffering.

Third strike = charge partitioning where you can just frame "store a charge" dash, than release a charge giving you dashing flash kick or Lov. Just frame hold your first input.

4, 66, 46+button = dashing lov with REMY, I LOVE REMY!

1, 66, 28+kick button= Dashing flash kick. I LOVE REMY !

Guilty Gear, Charge buffering exist. The game gives you a little window of opportunity before pressing 8 or 6 to release your dolphin, in the little window you can throw a 5 of a fast button like a P or S, or a little dash. so it is possible to execute:

1 full charged, 5p, 8s. standing Punch, Slash Vertical Dolphin

1 full charged, 5p, 8hs. standing Punch, Heavy Slash Vertical Dolphin

1 full charged, 5s, 8s standing Slash, Vertical Dolphin

1 full charged, 5s, 8hs standing Heavy Slash, Heavy Slash Vertical Dolphin

1 full charged, 66, 6s Dashing Slash Horizontal Dolphin.

1 full charged, 66, 6hs Dashing Heavy Slash Horizontal Dolphin.

Now if you get this down well enough, you can do a crouching hit while you charge your 1.

1p, 1p, 1k, 5s, 8s/8hs. c. punch, c. punch, c. kick,standing slash, Vertical dolphin.

it's really not that complicated or different, just throw a 5 or a 66 in the middle of your dolphin.

Plus this isn't new because third strike has it too. Take Remy and do

1 fully charged, 5 Middle kick/forward, 8 kick. = Standing knee into flash kick. =)

6HS.

6HS Special Cancels and Super Cancels. 6HS does not jump cancel.

you can cancel 6HS into -

OHK= Overhead kiss command grab 63214 K

RR = Resestive Roll Dragon punch 6323 S or HS...grounded

Hoop Set= 41236 + P/K/S/HS can be held forever by buffering button.

SVD= Slash vertical dolphin 2,8 S

HSVD= Heavy slash vertical dolphin 2, 8 HS

SHD= Slash horizontal dolphin 4, 6 S

HSHD= Heavy Slash Horizontal Dolphin 4, 6 HS

FBSVD= force break Slash vertical dolphin 2,8 S, 8D

FBHSVD= force break heavy slash vertical dolphin 2, 8 HS, 8D

FBSHD= force break Slash horizontal dolphin 4, 6 S, 6D

FBHSHD= force break Heavy Slash Horizontal Dolphin 4, 6 HS, 6Ds

WHALE= OMG it's a whale! 236236 S

Jackhound= OTG launch, scales bad, very un-usable 214 D

You can NOT cancel 6HS into-

Jump

P

K

S

HS

5D

5D[D]

6HS SVD, pro tip, it's LATE.

Input should be 6HS, [3]. . . . 9S or 9HS.

-No charge buffering tricks

-MAN IT UP!

6HS can be charged fully to make an Overhead, it's pretty good on wake-up. set-ups discussed in next Guide.

6H: 15 frames startup, 16F hitstun = 31 F window for charging. VD requires 30 F charge. Furthermore, you have ~5 frames after the hitstun to cancel, giving something like a 6F window to cancel after full-charge.

So, if you have the beginning correct (:f::h::df: -- brutally short if you don't know how to do it) you should be hitting 8 S/H within like 5 frames of May moving again after the hitstun (swing, pause, move again for a split second, :u: dolphin). I personally cannot react this fast, so I've actually learned to time the move from the start of hitstun (i.e. I try to predict when the hitstun will end).

pulsr had a neat trick for getting down the cancel timing in training mode: 6H->RR. Do the RR as late as possible after the hitstun expires. This exercise helps give you the feel for how long after the hit spark you can cancel into dolphin (heck, I still do it).

EDIT: more advice: the [2] (or 1 or 3) needs to be charged for 30F -- the :u: has to be the one being delayed. The S/H can be spazzed during up if it helps, but only after a "down" was held for 30F.

Im getting use to the 6HS, V.Dolphin now. Its hard to explain how to charge it. Its kinda I try to press down forward but I press HS as soon as my finger presses forward before i hit the down all together. That works for me. Also I like practicing with Venom to help me with learning how to charge better, its helped me a bit it might help others. I try to do his

6p, 6HS, carcass raid (charge d, up slash), since its a bit harder to do that mays 6HS, V.Dolphin in my opinion. Food for thought.

To add to that, practicing w/ Potemkin is also a nice way to practice May's 6P/6H -> H.Dolphin/FB cancel: PO's 6H -> Hammerfall ([4]6H). PO 6H is 18-frame startup, compared to (uncharged) MA 6H/6P (same startup both). If you can get PO 6H->Hammerfall easily, you just need to do it 3 frames faster for MA 6P->H.Dolphin.

[D] -

[D]- dust feint LOW, doesn't special cancel,but can be jump canceled, than you can Dolphin out of your crouching state prior to jumping- because the best follow up is always a SVD.

JI-

Description

The Jump Install (JI) technique is a very powerful feature that allows you to dash or double / triple jump where you normally can't. This leads to higher damage combo possibilities as well as additional attack options.

There are many types of JI techniques. The common goal between all of them is to allow you to have additional air options where you normally wouldn't. Generally this means being able to have an extra jump cancel to extend a combo, but also in some cases to allow you to air dash after moves you normally wouldn't be able to.

Type 1: Solo Jump Install

Character Example: Axl

Jump Install Sequence: 632147S -> RC, air dash H,D -> (air) 623H

The solo jump install technique is relatively straightforward. By adding an upward direction (7 or 8 or 9) at the end of a ground-based move that goes airborne, you can Roman Cancel it when it strikes (but before it recovers) and then utilize your air dash or double / triple jump options. In this particular example, Axl can attack with his 63214S, then cancel as it hits (leaving him airborne), then utilize an air dash towards to combo (if the move hit) or pressure (if blocked).

Type 2: Combo Jump Install

Character Example: Chipp

Jump Install Sequence: combo to RC, dash 6P(JI),2H -> 22H, j.P,P,K -> JC, dj.P,S -> JC, tj.P,S,H -> 623S

Since Chipp normally cannot use air dash or double / triple jump options after his 22H teleport, combos ending with 2H -> 22H are limited. However, using the JI technique before taking to the air allows Chipp to use a full triple jump air combo. To do this, up is pressed the instant P executes, then the 2H is chained after it. Since the 2H comes out before the Jump Cancel can take effect, the jump is simply stored for later. Chipp can then recall it after going to the air with a special move (in this case, 22H). Though there are generally easier and more damaging combos for Chipp, his Jump Install variations are very flashing and extremely technical. Definitely a must for all stylish Chipp players.

Type 3: From-Jump Jump Install

Character Example: Ky

Jump Install Sequence: j.H (land), S -> 623H -> RC, air.S -> JC, dj.S-H -> 623H

For some strange reason, if a combo is started off a basic jump (not a double jump), then goes to the air via special move (such as Ky's 623S or 623H), the move can be RC'ed and the game system will allow air dash and double / triple jump options. That's basically the reason it's called "auto" jump install, simple because it's automatically done!

Type 4: Super Jump Install

Character Example: Millia

Jump Install Sequence: 2S,2H(JI) -> SJC, sj.S,P,K -> dj.P,K,S,H... etc

Using a similar technique to the Combo Jump Install, Millia can install a jump into a jump cancelable move, then quickly cancel it into a super jump. For example, when Millia performs her 2H (which is jump cancellable), buffers the up direction early, then uses a super jump at the point when the move can be cancelled, she then has all of her double jump options available. Normally, after a super jump, characters cannot double jump. This simply boosts her combo options. Though it isn't particularly obvious to most players, Super Jump Install can show your technical ability as well as open up more interesting combos.

The Jump can be Installed earlier in the sequence too and still use the Super Jump Install. With Anji, for example:

Air Throw |> S (JI) f.S > SJC, sj.S P S > jc.S P S D

NOTE: You CANNOT Super Jump Install from neutral! Hitting 8 2 8 or similar while standing at neutral will NOT let you double jump after a Super Jump. You must cancel a normal for the SJI to work.

Type 5: Pseudo Jump Install

Character Example: Anji

Jump Install Sequence: 2147P -> RC, air dash, K,S -> 214P

When doing an air move close to the ground using the "tiger knee" motion, your character recovers in a normal jump if the move finishes while airborne or if it is Roman Cancelled. For this particular sequence, Anji performs his 214 close to the ground using buffering the 214 on the ground, then quickly finishing with 7 (up back) and P. From here, the air 214P is RC'ed, and Anji air dashes in to continue his pressure. Using this technique with other moves can result in boosted offensive options and even better combo options.

Type 6: Auto Jump Install

As of Accent Core, many special moves which used to have to be Jump Installed no longer have to be. These moves are said to 'auto-Jump Install' now. Sol's Bandit Revolver is one such example. Make sure you check out your character's Frame Data for more information.

Additional Notes about Jump Install

Jump Installing counts as a pseudo jump but you do not actually leave the ground. Besides the desired property of allowing you extra jumps, Jump Install also kills any ground momentum you had. This means that if you started your combo by running, any forward run speed you have left will go away once you Jump Install. Keep this in mind, it can be important!

Oddly enough, it is also possible to force the enemy to jump install. Certain moves when they Counter Hit will cause a floor bounce, but also cause a large amount of stun where they 'stick' to the floor briefly. If you strike the enemy again during this time, they will remain on the ground instead of bouncing. If this happens, they have technically been 'Jump Installed', and can possibly air tech even while standing! There are other varations on the same idea as well that will allow you to 'Jump Install' your enemy. Not that you'd really want to.

JI Conclusion

The JI techniques allow you to power up your combos and attack options. It allows many combos that were previously not possible and also brings new life to attack patterns. Complete mastery of the JI technique can be a definite advantage at high level play.

JI every time...What is the use of this?

This is for Habit, all it does is increase consistency of combo's because of the extra input practice.

Is the increased pushback of any help?

You only have increased pushback when you run for the loops, as it negates horizontal sliding, because the game thinks you've jumped. It HURTS you to JI when you run for it. it doesn't hurt you when you just stand there, as you do for most May combos.

Someone could explain to me why it is "pro"?

JI everytime is pro because anytime you FRC and fall aimlessly, "without an airdash", you look horriably noob.

If it's not on this list,ALWAYS Jump install on EVERY S, JI, HS... It's a PRO habit I SWEAR.

List of when NOT to JI the first Rep.

OHK- running lame loop.

2H, FB_HD- running lame loop.

2D, FB _HD- running lame loop.

214D,-running lame loop.

CH-2D- running 2P, lame loop.

CH-2HS- running lame loop.

CH-J.H- running lame loop.

CH 236236S- (WHALE)- running lame loop.

The only other example of when NOT to JI a rep is when you Combo RoboKy and you FRC a SVD and have to run in for the next loop. I'll updated the match-up guide with combo exclusive details about combo'N Robots.

Delays-

Always Delay between HS, and your vertical dolphin. This makes them float higher and makes combo's work.

5HS-SVD

It works, you've seen it, but you can't do it. Pro-tip. It's late. MAN IT UP. 5S, 8HS, [2], Delay, 8S(SVD).

FB Dolphin inputs

Force Break Moves cost 25% tension, so make sure you have that much available...

You can cancel into a FB from any dolphin, after the 7-Th frame. So try this; Charge a Vertical HS dolphin, after the dolphin is over the apex of the arc press (Up + Dust) at the same time. You should remove yourself from the dolphin, and May should go air-born.

- Do NOT hold the Up position on your stick/controller.

Once you can do this, just concentrate on doing the FB (8D or 6D depending on the charge) sooner.

like:

Charge a flash Kick, Don't buffer 8. Wait then press 8D anytime after frame 7.

Charge a SonicBoom, Don't buffer 6. Wait then press 6D anytime after frame 7.

yWhen you FB Dolphin, you do the 6D or 8D BEFORE it hits (so that you jump off the dolphin) rather than after it hits.

3 – Pros-

Air throw range is great

Insane amounts of Damage BNB

Little Tension expenditure (AC EXCLUSIVE) BNB

5 lows (AC EXCLUSIVE) 2K, 2D, 3K, [D], 2HS

6 highs D, Jackhound, SVD, HSVD. 6HS charged, TK RR

2 throws- normal, OHK

Easy combo's (AC EXCLUSIVE) Lame Loop

5HS is +7 on guard.

Easy Stun building 5HS, 2HS, J.HS, 6P

Corner OHK combo's w/ Tension. (AC EXCLUSIVE) FBSHD, FBHSHD, Jackhound

Great Air Normal J.HS,

J.S reverse Gatling's to J.K to mix up Slashback of J.HS. (AC EXCLUSIVE)

Good Overdrives- I've seen TOP players lose to scrubs throwin whales. LOL

Jumps FAST.

Great pokes... w/ tension. F.5S, 2S, Hoop set, FBSHD, FBHSHD

D and [D]- o.0 (AC EXCLUSIVE)

4-Cons-

Takes damage...could be worse but still sux- 1.06 defense modifier

No unblockables.

Cannot combo off Air-throw.

Really floaty, makes May exclusive combo's.

No Corner OHK damage w/o tension.

5-Styles-

Zoning-

I am calling this Zoning but it's really just a footsy game where you and your opponent are looking for opportunities to strike w/o aimlessly IAD'ing in. There are a few options you have to work with. SPAM 5HS's, @ mid range 2HS, @ mid Range 5HS, a closer Range 6HS, you should be BEGING for a counter hit. Also a wiffed J.S is great b/c you have enough recovery to airdash away or in if opportunity presents itself. Also a f.5S is very good, and if they are not on their game than cancel it into a dolphin hoop, preferable P or HS.

DO-

5HS - CH amazing RECOVERY amazing, TRADE amazing, GUARD +7,

2HS - CH amazing

6HS - CH amazing, STUN amazing, cancel to hoop on guard, SVD on hit, SIZE amazing

F.5S - SIZE amazing, cancel to hoop on guard

J. HS -CH amazing, STUN amazing

3K -ONLY when they wiff something, gives you Knockdown.

J.S -wiff makes more options available, combo follow up on CH

what do i do when my zoning game J.S lands a hit?

Regular hit- cancel to J.D, J.HS, J.D.

CH – Delay, Air dash, J.K, J.HS, Land, J.K, J.D, J.HS, J.D.

Pit bull-

Oh snap your in and need mix-up, rush that shit down, do 5k's on wake up, unless they have a Shoryu do J.2HS on wake up. Throw 5HS in Gatling and make them feel the frame traps. If your gonna air dash, which you should only be done on reaction land with a J.S, J.HS. You are focusing on doing frame traps and Tick throw mix-up here.

DO-

5K - can't be thrown on wake up, (bait super, bait Shoryu! With wiff). Low invulnerable

J.2HS – Hard to Anti-Air, Shoryu-safe will wiff if timed properly on their wake up.

5HS - CH amazing, RECOVERY amazing, TRADE amazing, GUARD +7,

OHK - it's your mix-up baby DAMAGE

D -High

[D] - LOW

Turtle-

Turtling is easy and can really get into your opponents head, DON'T COME IN. while doing this you should be aware of some thing. What they are zoning with, what their overheads are, your own ability go gain tension and holding a P hoop until the proper time.

DO-

P hoop - HOLD it until they get in range,

Guard - Whatever random unsafe move they throw out, (grave digger etc.)

Pace - Back and forth under your hoop to gain tension by walking.

6 – Basics-

Punish-

Depending on the scenario I tend to punish with a 5S, 2HS, FBSHD...

or OHK.

Burst-

Your pressure should be relatively Burst safe and your reflexes should be good enough to Flash Guard the burst, than run in and tag them in the air with a 5S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD...

or you could be JP about it and jump cancel, flash guard the burst, than get a while landing Air-dash of, J.K, J.HS, Land, 1D, FBSHD.. If their grounded

J.K, J.HS, SVD, 5S, JI, HS, SVD, 5P. HSVD. If they are in the air.

DO NOT GIVE UP DAMAGE FOR BURST UNLESS IT'S THE LAST HIT.

Anti- Air-

6P Stuffs air Dashes when timed properly. LEARN this time. Usually CH o.0

5HS wins on trade allowing you to run in for your needed 5S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD... usually CH

SVD- great for nabbing JUMPERS and giving you a launch to combo.

Hoop set P- Stuffs shit clean, CH can combo, has invinc. frames. By: Pulsr

Use your speed and Height advantage to run underneath them and punish their landing. By: Pulsr

Pokes-

F.5S - SIZE amazing, cancel to hoop on guard, KILLS little eddie!

2S - Good range, comes out pretty quick.

Hoop set- You control where it goes. Rocks little Eddie.

WHALE- wait for them to poke you and use the start up and invincibility to nab that CH.

3k - Only when they wiff something, Don't whore this move, it's noob.

Set-up-

If a combo ends in a HSVD than you can HS Hoop Set them on wake-up giving you a force guard and mix-up options. Evan a 50/50 with a HS Hoop Set FRC running D/[D]. More on this stuff in an advanced/gimmicks guide. 5K is amazing on their wake up though as it can't be thrown, it's also a great tick throw.

2P Clash Fest-

If you find yourself in a 2P clash fest with someone, as soon as you get the 50% tension throw the super. 63214 HS. You will win. =)

Air-Throw-

With her Fast jumping speed and HUGE range you should get LOTS of these.

If you are abusing her ground throw you make me HAPPY. Don't air throw TOO much, you net more damage from grounded trap's with 5hs, 6p, and 6hs.

6.5 - Normals

with explanation by KOOGY, But revised by:Your Humble Narrator.

s.P - I see it used mostly in combos towards the end of them, like to tack on an extra upper dolphin, and randomly used as a tick-throw set-up? * 1/2 out of *****

6P - This move used to be legendary. I'm not sure if they toned it down hardcore, but you used to be able to dizzy almost 90% of the cast with 6P (CH) -> S -> 6P. But anyway, it has a ridiculous dizzy modifier on it. So, you will likely dizzy people easier after you hit them with this, and especially on counterhit. It has 18 frames of above the knee invincibility, which means they cannot jump in at you, unless their name is "HUGE JUMPING ATTACK HITBOX". But generally you can beat it. Hold it for lulz. **** out of *****.

s.K - The main purpose of this little kick is to avoid throws when used on okizeme. So, you knock them down, run up and create a little mini-game for them to guess. If they attempt to throw you out of this attack, they will lose; it has invincibility against throws for a period of time. A common ghetto tactic is to knockdown, run up, s.K. If they block, go into your command grab. If they start wiggling around, try HS to counter their attack and get a command grab / combo of your choice anyway. This is her BEST mid range poke, and her best answer to a few character specific problems. :3 *** 1/2 out of *****

s.S - WTF tick throw Set-up, pressure and combo.

far s.S - A jump cancel able poke with great range. It isn't the fastest thing, but it can annoy opponents. Kills Eddie. *** out of *****

s.HS - Great move. This thing has ridiculous frame advantage (+7), and staggers on counter hit. It also has lower body invincibility for a few frames towards the middle of start-up, but that doesn't really matter IMO. The main use is to shut down close ranged pokes when you are rushing in. As an example, Slayer might try to mash c.P against you to push you away, since your attacks are slower than that. Well, s.HS is like BZZZZZT WRONG STAGGER and now you get to do a 70% damage combo. Plus, if they block it, you get to run in again and create more little mix-ups. **** 1/2 out of *****.

6HS - Can be charged. Main use that I see is in some difficult combos, people trying to jump away from May. If you charge it ... TO THE MAX, you get an overhead that staggers. ** 1/2 out of *****

s.D - Really, really annoying. May does tons and tons of damage from her dust, and has a fake version that is semi-hard to see. Hold the button down for the low hitting launcher attack version. Has great range. *** out of *****

j.P - I have NEVER used/seen this move work, it's too small. * out of *****

j.K - Used for low dashing with HS and S. * out of *****

j.S - Has a good hotbox, is used when creating okizeme mind games from your jump-in. You can do it ultra-meaty, and create some mix-ups from it. *** out of *****

j.HS - Has retarded counter hit property, which leads to 60%+ damage combos. Jump and down with this attack and you'll beat lots of people. Has ridiculous hotbox. ***** out of *****

j.2HS - Changes her jumping trajectory, and will make her plummet to the ground quickly. Has a cross-up hitbox, and can be used in mix-ups on okizeme, or in general pressure. **** out of *****.

j.D - Used in easy Dust combos. ** out of *****.

c.P - Tick throw attack, usually. ** out of *****

c.K - Tick throw, quick little low. ** out of *****

3K - This move will save your ass, and completely destroy you at the same time. If they block this, you will eat a huge combo, because it is -29. It has an FRC in this game, but it still is a risky move. If you see someone throwing an attack you can slide under, go for it. But otherwise, try to avoid randomly throwing it out like a poke. *** 1/2 out of *****

c.S - Little pokey thing that isn't all that wonderful. Kinda useful sometimes? ** out of *****

c.HS - Great range, great counter hit effect (will suck opponent into the air towards you, leading to combos from max range!). Use it so that the very tip will touch the opponent, as a bait when you run in (similar to s.HS's use)

c.D - GOD. This move is fucking awesome. It has active frames FOREVER, and can be used as a meaty, on counter hit leads to combos if you are close enough on CH, and in general is annoying for close range characters to deal with. ***** out of *****

Explanations by KOOGY

6.75 - Special-

1/2 Charge does NOT mean HALf Charge, it says use 1 or 2 to charge.

Hoop Set P - 41236P Has FRC

Application - Homes you. Defensive, defines Turtles games, can make 3K safe. Invinc. Frames.

FRC Application - Safer.

Hoop Set K - 41236K Has FRC

Application - Homes midpoint. Kills little Eddie and Blood Nets. Invinc. Frames.

FRC Application - Safer.

Hoop Set S - 41236S Has FRC

Application - Wiffs on their wake-up from 2D, hoop setS, good throw set-up. Invinc. Frames.

FRC Application - Safer.

Hoop Set HS - 41236HS

Application - Homes opponents, used after knockdowns for mix-ups or used to get in on potty. Invinc. Frames.

FRC Application - Safer.

RR- 6323 S or HS- Has FRC

Application - Launches.

FRC Application - JI RR FRC you can do silly Air Dash pressure.

J.RR with S - J. 6323S -

Application - little extra Damage on BNB enders, only use if it will kill.

J.RR with HS - J.6323HS - Has FRC

Application - used as TK for instant overhead, used with while landing J.K, J.HS, J.RR fpr 3rd overhead.

FRC Application - Combo, Wiff while landing OHK,

OHK - 63214K -

Application - Mix-up

3K- Has FRC

Application- Knockdown beat lots of pokes, use on reaction.

FRC Application - Safe...er.. I have FRC'd it and still gotten punished before. =(

SHD - 4/1, Charge, 6/9S - Has FRC

Application - Wiff Ohk. Wiff slidehead. Wiff SHD, 2D ususally CH.

FRC Application - JI SHD FRC you can do silly Air Dash pressure.

For all Non ForceBreak Charged dolphins, "FRC timing is 10-12F after hit or block." Visually it's when she starts waving her right Arm like a crazy person. If you goto Training mode and turn on "DISPLAY" setting onto "INPUT" a Blue flash will appear when the FRC should be implemented. Hope that helps.

SVD - 1/2 Charge, 8/9S - Has FRC

Application - Combo's and stuffs jumpers for great grounded damage.

FRC Application - Combo's

For all Non ForceBreak Charged dolphins, "FRC timing is 10-12F after hit or block." Visually it's when she starts waving her right Arm like a crazy person. If you goto Training mode and turn on "DISPLAY" setting onto "INPUT" a Blue flash will appear when the FRC should be implemented. Hope that helps.

HSHD - 4/1, Charge, 6/9HS - Has FRC

Application - Use to destroy Testy fortress, just don't hit testy.

FRC Application - JI HSHD FRC you can do silly Air Dash pressure.

HSVD - 1/2 Charge, 8/9HS - Has FRC

Application - Knock down, OK anti-air but combo takes FRC or Jackhound.

FRC Application - Combo's

FBSHD - 4/1, Charge, 6/9S, 6D-

Application - Main Launcher to combo. +10 on guard.

FBSVD - 1/2 Charge, 8/9S, 8D-

Application - Wiff, OHK, Pressure options, mid pokes. Can be used to launch, 2D, FBSVD...

FBHSHD- 4/1, Charge, 6/9HS, 6D-

Application - Can be used to Launch for combo, GREAT poke, +13 on guard.

FBHSVD - 1/2 Charge, 8/9HS. 8D-

Application - Long Range poke, Gets you in.

Jackhound- 214D -

Application - Combo off knockdown, Damage sux. Is an Overhead, Does not hit Testy or destroy Blood nest.

6.90 - Supers-

May's Supers are actually GOOD, but require a pokey opponent to really shine, I have seen PRO's lose Noobs spamming Whales and seizures before. =P

Whale-236236S-

Application- Pseudo Unblocks, Great Stun, Free Launch, Good damage but not for tension spent. Knocks down.

Orca- 63214S, P-

Application - throw invulnerable, builds guard bar, do orca LATE to make it safe, Damage sux. Combo off Orca in corner.

Seizure- 63214HS-

Application - Reversal Super, Invincable on your wake up, damage sux but it's your only reversal. Use this super the most, and only as needed.

7-Launches-

May Launches-

OHK-

6P

D-

[D]- Feint High actualy LOW

2H, FB_HD

2D, FB _HD

SVD- FRC

SVD- Grounded Trap

RR- FRC

214D,-Jackhound. * NOT ON TESTAMENT!

HSVD -

CH-2D-

CH-5H- (Combo OHK)

CH-2H

CH-J.H

236236S- (WHALE)

63214S, P (Orca) corner only

8-Combo's-

In general,

Never use 2D, RR FRC for launch anymore it's no where as effective as FB H Dolphin.

Don't combo into Jackhound, the damage is suck. unless you land an OHK while YOU are in the corner and want the damage. Even though it's best to throw FBSHD/FBHSHD as soon as you land... if it hits.

If you are almost in the corner w/out tension and a 5s will wiff after an OHK just do-

SVD, S, HS, Delay, SVD, 2P, HSVD.

ALWAYS delay between HS, SVD this gives them more time to "float" and makes your S link easier.

LAME loops do More damage than sweet awesome 6hs's and FRC's and Jackhounds. which makes her most damaging stuff.... boring. =(

OHK-

Corner-

Jackhound, Lame loop.

Kinda in Corner-

OHK, FBHSHD, Lame Loop.

Kinda in corner no tension-

SVD, S, HS, Delay, SVD, 2P, HSVD.

Mid-Screen

No Tension

normal weights- ( Venom, Ky, Sol, HOS...)

OHK, 6HS, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5P, HSVD.

Floaty Bitches-( Girls like Millia, Baiken, May, Bridget, I-no...)

OHK, S, HS, SVD, 5S, SVD, 5S, SVD, 5P, HSVD...

I remove the 6HS on floaty's because the time varies too much to be realistic.

Potty Only-

OHK, J.S, J.HS, land, DELAY, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 2P, HSVD.

Wide sprites- (Anji, Eddie, Zappa...)

OHK, 66, 5S, HS, Delay, SVD, S, HS, Delay, SVD, S, HS,Delay, HSVD.

Don't JI this combo, as it Negates horizontal slide from running. :eng101:

With tension-

25%

OHK, 6HS, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, HSVD, FRC, Air Dash, J.HS, Land, 6HS, SVD*

OHK, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5S, SVD, 5S, HSVD, FRC, Air Dash, J.HS, Land, 6HS, SVD*

Potty Only-

OHK, J.S, J.HS, land, DELAY, SVD, S, HS, Delay, SVD, S, HS, Delay, HSVD, FRC, Air Dash, J.HS, Land, J.HS, J.D, J.HS, J.D

OHK, 66, 5S, HS, Delay, SVD, S, HS, Delay, SVD, S, HS,Delay, HSVD, FRC, Air Dash, J.HS, 6HS, SVD*

*Don't JI thsi one, as it Negates the extra horizontal slide from running.

*From here you wait for the air throw on front of back tech, or grounded HS or 6hs on neutral tech. ^_^

50%

OHK, 6HS, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, HSVD, FRC, Air Dash, J.HS, 6HS, SVD, FRC, 5S, SVD.

OHK, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5S, SVD, 5S, HSVD, FRC, Air Dash, J.HS, 6HS, SVD, FRC, 5S, SVD*

OHK, 66, 5S, HS, Delay, SVD, S, HS, Delay, SVD, S, HS,Delay, HSVD, FRC, Air Dash, J.HS, 6HS, SVD, FRC, 5S, SVD.

*Don't JI this one, as it Negates extra horizontal slide from running.

*Don't blow 50% tension on floaty bitches, you will get ~260 with only 25% and a knockdown is almost impossible with that much damage. Unless your fighting Baiken, than make every bit of damage count.

6P-

In Accent Core you net 5 more damage on normal weights with a J.HS, J.D, J. HS, J.D after the air dash J.HS. Plus you still have opportunity to do a RR for a few more points if you NEED that kill. Also the damage will be a greater difference on the floaties (Bitches) + it is easiest to hit on them.

The one flaw to J.HS, J.D, J. HS, J.D follow up to the air dash J.HS, is the last dust wiffs in the corner, so if you are in the corner, DO use the 6HS, HSVD dolphin ender. Even sweeter if you are man enough you can FRC the final dolphin for MORE SWEETNESS POTENTIAL.

No Tension-

Mid-screen

6P, S, JI, HS, HSVD

Corner

6P, S, JI, HS, HSVD, FRC Air Dash, J.HS, Land, 6HS, SVD.

25%

6P, S, JI, HS, HSVD, FRC Air Dash, J.HS, Land, J.HS, J.D, J. HS, J.D [RR] if needed.

50 %

6P, S, JI, HS, HSVD, FRC Air Dash, J.HS, 6HS, SVD, FRC, 5S, SVD

or

6P, S, JI, HS, HSVD, FRC Air Dash, J.HS, 6HS, HSVD, FRC, HSVD.

CH 6P!-

CH6P, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5P, HSVD.

25%

CH6P, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, HSVD, FRC, Air Dash, J.HS, Land, J.HS, J.D, J. HS, J.D [RR] if needed.

or

CH6P, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, HSVD, FRC, Air Dash, J.HS, Land, SVD, P, S, JI, HS, SVD. Here by patent this relaunch!

or

CH6P, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, HSVD, FRC, Air Dash, J.HS, Land, 6HS, HSVD.

50%- don't do this unless you HAVE the kill or your being cocky.

CH6P, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, HSVD, FRC, Air Dash, J.HS, Land, 6HS, HSVD. FRC, HSVD.

5D-

3 Pro - Impossible Dust with a Just frame J.HS. It's called her Slash Back Impossible Dust combo. Works on everybody. Best on Floaty bitches.

Application - 5D, [9], J.H, J.HS[/9], J.3S+J.HS, Delay, J.HS, Land, 6HS, SVD...By: Shadowman2099

IIRC ye olde FDC dust combos don't work too well now that j.H has more pushback.

5D[8], j.H>j.H[/8], j.3H+S(FDC, well SBC but w/e), j.H, land 6H[2]>Up dolphin FRC, AD j.H, land 6H[2]>Up dolphin.

Points to help you land this-

1 - As soon as you recover from your second J.HS input your Slash Back.

2 - Do NOT Jump Cancel after the Second J.HS.

2 - Input your Slash Back Quick and only let it last a a frame or two.

3 - Your 3rd J.HS should be perfectly timed upon their descent.

4 - Practice helps!

4 Pro - Impossible Dust with a Just frame J.HS. It's called her Jump Cancel Impossible Dust combo. Works on all males, exclude Bridget.

Application - D, [9], J.HS, J.HS, [/9], 159, Delay, J.HS, Land, 6HS, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5P, HSVD.

1 - Buffer the 9 for the first two J.HS's like what is in Brackets.

2 - After the second J.HS, Input a super jump (like Anji).

3 - This super jump will help input a Neutral and the 1 will actually do nothing.

4 - your 3rd J.HS should be LATE.

5 - Practice helps!

1 Easy - Normal Dust with a repetition of J.D. It's her J.D, J.D Dust combo. Works on everybody.

Application - D, J.D, J.D, J.S, J.HS, J.D, JC, J.HS, J.D, RR. By: ArcLord_KisekiU

2 Easy - Normal Dust with a repetition of J.HS. It's her J.HS, J.HS Dust combo. Works on everybody.

Application - D, J.HS, J.HS, J.S, J.HS, J.D, JC, J.HS, J.D, RR.

Points to help you land Easy dust combos-

1 - Learn the timing on J.HS and J.D recovery.

2 - Practice helps!

[D] -

Delay, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5P, HSVD.

2H, FB_HD-

If you combo into this just run in for a lame loop. S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD...

2D, FB _HD-

If you combo into this just run in for a lame loop. S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD...

SVD- FRC-

J.HS, Land, 6HS, HSVD

CH SVD- Grounded Trap

If you combo into this just take the lame loop. S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD...

RR- FRC-

If you combo into this just stay put for a lame loop. S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD....

or if your fighting floaters

5S, SVD, 5P, S, JI, HS, HSVD

214D,-Jackhound

If you land this just run in for a lame loop. S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD...

the one exception is when it hits at the tip and they aren't going to be hit by a running 5S.

So, throw a FBHSHD, Than run in for 5S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD....

you can even buffer a running FBHSHD to cover that little extra distance.

all though this IS pointless it just adds some style to May.

HSVD (Anti Air)-

FRC, Air Dash, J.HS, Land, 6HS, HSVD

or if you miss the FRC

Jackhound, run in for a lame loop. S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD...

CH-2D-

2P, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD...

CH-5H-

OHK, appropriate ender.

CH-2H-

Be sure not to make the 66S turn into a running SHD.

CH-J.H-

Be sure not to make the 66S turn into a running SHD.

236236S- (WHALE)

Be sure not to make the 66S turn into a running SHD. Whale has HUGE stun BTW.

63214S, P (Orca)-corner only

S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5P, HSVD.

Don't use this, seriously it's horrible.

9-Tick throws-

This is the Anchor to her Mix-up, OHK them so much they are Scared to guard, leaving you in a better position of CH's and Anti-Air's.

OHK set-up-

5K, OHK

2K, OHK

2P, OHK

5P,OHK

5S, OHK

Empty Jump, OHK

Wiff a normal on their wake-up, OHK

J.P, Land, OHK

FBSHD, OHK

FBHSHD, OHK

5HS, OHK

While Landing after IAD J.S, J.HS, 66, OHK

J.2HS, OHK

SHD, Wiff, OHK

SVD, Wiff OHK

-getting the optimal distance for a wiffed SVD and SHD you can

2K, 2S, 2S, SVD/SHD. By: F.T.B.

While landing J.S, J,HS, 5K, 2S, SVD/SHD.

2P, 2P, 5K, 5S, SVD/SHD.

These distances are kinda variable as the opponent can FD or Flash block pressure to create more or Less pushback and screw over these strings. Generally it's a feeling like, Oh hey I am at THIS distance and I KNOW it will work.

-When doing stuff like, 2K, and 5K, be sure NOT to special cancel your normal, wait for the recovery.

-2P, OHK, works great, when they start throwing you, cancel 2P into 5K for the throw invulnerability. FREE CH 5K.

-When they have the FEAR in them anything can be used as a tick throw, just RC it run in and grab them.

10-Frame Traps-

Abuse 5HS, the CH is amazing and gives you +7 on guard,

Any FB dolphin. +10 and +13

K, into P hoop... nets so many sexy CHs. By: Spirit Juice/Pulsr

Frame Traps force your opponent to make a decision, making your mix-up effective. after these moves you should be going for a High, Low or Throw.

11- Conclusion-

I- Do not Spam 3K, it's noob even if it works damage potential SUX, there is most likely another solution that will yield a MUCH better Damage outcome.

II- Throw them until they get FRUSTRATED.

III- Learn 6P timing.

IV- Learn Combo Timings.

V- DO NOT GIVE UP DAMAGE FOR BURST UNLESS IT'S THE LAST HIT.

VI- Always follow through with combo's, and knockdown is usually best. except Baiken

VII- Only use 3K on reaction.

VIII- Use D and [D] mix-up.

IX- If your confused, ask.

X- <-- My Favorite FF game.

Kyle

:eng101:12 - Full 5D explanation - :eng101:

All 5D options can be seen here-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8BiD77M3Hg

May has 5 Pro Dust combo's, and 2 easy dust combos.

1 Pro - FDC ID 1:11 - 1:19

2 Pro - IAD ID 1:28 - 1:38

3 Pro - SB ID 1:19 - 1:28

4 Pro - JC ID 1:39 - 1:46

5 Pro - CO ID 1:46 - 1:52

1 Easy - J.D, J.D Not in Video

2 Easy - J.HS, J.HS Not in Video

1 Pro - Impossible Dust, with a just framed J.HS. It's called her FDC ID combo. Faultless Defense Cancel Impossible Dust combo. Works on Everybody but times vary.

Application - 5D , 8, 4K+S QUICKLY, Delay, J.HS, Land, 6HS, SVD...

1 - As soon as you leave the ground input your Faultless Defend.

2 - Input your Faultless Defend Quick and only let it last a a frame or two.

3 - Your 1st J.HS should be perfectly timed upon their ascending.

4 - Practice helps!

2 Pro - Impossible Dust, with a Just frame J.HS. It's called her IAD ID combo. Instant Air Dash Impossible Dust combo. This works on Big sprite characters like Johnny, Faust, Potty, Testy, Slayer, Anji...

Application - 5D MAX RANGE, 9, 6, J.HS, Land, Delay, 6HS, SVD...

1 - As soon as you can jump cancel 5D, input you Air Dash.

2 - Your 1st J.HS should be perfectly timed upon their ascending.

3 - Practice helps!

3 Pro - Impossible Dust with a Just frame J.HS. It's called her Slash Back Impossible Dust combo. Works on everybody. Best on Floaty bitches.

Application - 5D, [9], J.H, J.HS[/9], J.1HS+S, Delay, J.HS, Land, 6HS, SVD... By: Shadowman2099

IIRC ye olde FDC dust combos don't work too well now that j.H has more pushback.

5D[8], j.H>j.H[/8], J.1H+S(FDC, well SBC but w/e), Delay, J.H, land 6H[2]>Up dolphin FRC, AD j.H, land 6H[2]>Up dolphin.

1 - As soon as you recover from your second J.HS input your Slash Back.

2 - Do NOT Jump Cancel after the Second J.HS.

3 - Input your Slash Back Quick and only let it last a a frame or two.

4 - If you let the whole Slashback animation cycle, it will not work.

5 - Your 3rd J.HS should be perfectly timed upon their descent VERY LATE.

6 - Practice helps.

To be honest with you, the 6HS, SVD does Beat and go into loop, but is RIDICULOUS timing. I personally remove the 6HS from this combo and go straight to the SVD.

4 Pro - Impossible Dust with a Just frame J.HS. It's called her Jump Cancel Impossible Dust combo. Works on all males, exclude Bridget.

Application - D, [9], J.HS, J.HS, [/9], 159, Delay, J.HS, Land, 6HS, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5P, HSVD.

3 - This super jump will help input a Neutral and the 1 will actually do nothing.

5 - Practice helps!

5 Pro - Impossible Dust with two HSVD. It's called her Corner Only Impossible Dust Combo. This works on everyone, but actually describes an awesome link it sets up for either knock down or FBHSHD to continue combo.

Application - D, [9], J.HS, J.HS, [/9], 159, Delay, J.HS, Land in corner, HSVD, HSVD. Knocks down.

Application - D, [9], J.HS, J.HS, [/9], 159, Delay, J.HS, Land in corner, HSVD, HSVD, FBHSVD, 6HS, HSVD, 214D, 2D, HSVD.

5 - Practice helps!

1 Easy - Normal Dust with a repetition of J.D. It's her J.D, J.D Dust combo. Works on everybody.

Application - D, J.D, J.D, J.S, J.HS, J.D, JC, J.HS, J.D, RR. By: ArcLord_KisekiU

1 - Learn the timing on J.D recovery.

2 - Practice helps!

2 Easy - Normal Dust with a repetition of J.HS. It's her J.HS, J.HS Dust combo. Works on everybody.

Application - D, J.HS, J.HS, J.S, J.HS, J.D, JC, J.HS, J.D, RR.

1 - Learn the timing on J.HS recovery.

2 - Practice helps!

Hsien-Jo's Applause for the Victim: An in depth Guide on Hoop-set (41236+ P/K/S/HS)

This guide includes an in depth analysis of the “Applause for the Victim” aka AFV on Hoop uses, drawbacks, and importance.

Before we start, when I refer to the word “Hooping”, I mean fighting with your dolphin hoop already out.

This move is done by pressing 41236 (HCF, aka half circle forward) P, K, S, or HS. Each button has a different placement of a hoop. Each button also has a drawback of sealing off one of your attack buttons due to holding it. Ex: If you do it with kick, no K set up for OHK (Overhead Kiss command grab 63214K) or poke w/lower invincibility, or done with HS no abarea. Holding the button increases the amount of dolphins that come out, (giving you a maximum of 12? happy water pals coming to your rescue when held long enough). The command allows you to leave the hoop sitting around until you release the button or take damage. You can guard attacks and strings and leave the hoop. Additionally, if you release the buffered button just before you get attacked than the dolphins still come out. This is mean and effective.

Things to note about Hoop-sets:

- FRC point and can buffer specials/supers out of it.

- Set’s up for a Pseudo Unblockable that launches on CH. 41236HS, 41236K+S+HS.

- Insane invincibility on entire sprite.

- This is always an amazing Anti-air.

- Can FRC any hoop with any three buttons and still have time to buffer the original set. This means if you’re playing on a stick, you can always FRC with K+S+HS and use move priority to manipulate special command buffers. The Pseudo unblockable super is one example.

- No matter what button you have buffered, May will always have the Dust button at your disposal, and her 2D its golden active for a LONG time and launched on CH. (Its like saying: EAT MY BOOT XD but in a cute way cause its May :3).

AFV with punch (41236P):

- Hoop homes above May’s head, this is the DEFENSIVE hoop.

- When P is held during AFV

- You lock off punch by holding it so no 6P poke or anti air, and obviously no combos with it.

- You are left with K, S, HS, and Dust so your normal combos don’t really get change at all.

- Since range homes May’s head, it’s harder to get the person under it unless you FRC during a combo or do it after knock down. Most players will avoid being under the hoop as May advantage in this situation is almost limitless. .

- Protects great, additionally if you need some space, breathing time, or tension walk back and forth under the hoop. P hoop OWNS Ky, Pot and Slayer. USE IT!

AFV with kick (41236K):

- Hoop homes in front of May, this is the DEFENSIVE hoop.

- When k is held during AFV

- Locks off K when holding it so no K tick OHK grab, 3K (:<), OHK (:’<), and no combos starting with K or 2K; so bread and butter combos are out of the window (no k, s, 2D/2HS; and no 2k,2D).

- All of that doesn’t matter if you just let go of the button btw :p

- Closer to the middle of the screen so you have a better chance of getting your opponent under it.

- You can use your 6P in this situation. You still have your S pokes like 5S (far), and 2S. You still have your counter violator/Lockup Demon HS. So all HS maneuvers are still in the picture like CH HS (any), 2HS in the air and your 6HS poke is up for grabs. Your 2D/5D is of course always available.

- Combos left to you are S, HS/2HS/2D. Or 6P, S, HS

- I see this as the WORST hoop because 5K is an AMAZING poke and given the choice you should always keep your OHK option. Don’t limit yourself.

- This hoop set is best used when buffering OHK out of the FRC and re-buffering the K. This way you can still do your lame loops with knockdown and gain hoop dolphins the entire time. 41236K, 63214K+S+HS, [K],

AFV with slash (41236S):

- Hoop homes in front of opponent. This is an OFFENSIVE hoop.

- When S is held during AFV

- Locks off the S button when held so, no 2S/5S(far) poke

- Some of your bread and butter combo chains are broken (Ex: k, s, 5HS/2HS/2D and 6P, S, 5HS), and obviously no VD loop if button is held so using S AFV to extend VD loop is unlikely. Also no SVD mix-up with held hoop (you have to release and VD or release then VD *more practical* )

- Closer to the middle of the screen so you have a better chance of getting your opponent under it. When you think about spacing your enemy it sort of cuts the screen in half letting you do the: “I dare you to cross this line” jazz.

- 6P available for poke & anti-air, HS for lockup and CH and D available for 5D, knock down (2D), or Juggle/VD loop/Aircombo (5D held)

- Combos left to you are any thing that leads to HS/2HS, (which may lead to CH) Ex: P/K, HS/2HS. Your good ol’ 2K, 2D is still available, and don’t forget you can toss in a random 5D anytime your feeling lucky :}.

- You can still tick grab to OHK/66OHK with p or k.

- When used as OKI, this whiffs on opponents wake-up. Great OHK set-up.

AFV with Hardslash (41236HS):

- Homes in over the opponents head

- When HS is held during AFV:

- Locks off HS button when held so no making my opponent cry from HS Counter Hit combos :<.

- No more lockup opponent with 5HS, JHS, or J2HS

- All other pokes are available such as 2P, 5k, 2S, 5S(far).

- Can still do bread and butter combos like: 2K,2D and 5K, 5S, 2D (I’m one of the few that likes endin of combos with 2HS anyway :p)

- Can be use to get a turtle (player acting in defense mode) moving, meaning if someone is hiding in the corner, or just turtling in general, it can force the person into your direction or further into the corner. (Your hoop will end up controlling space on the stage O,,..,,O)

- This hoop is May’s best okizeme option. FRC makes CRAZY mind games.

- If used for zoning an opponent will flat out run in and throw/punish you. It’s important to use the right hoops at the right time.

Pros to AFV Hoopin:

- Other than the ones mentioned it can add more depth to May and give the opponents more to worry about (and when they think to hard OHK XD)

- Makes May a bit safer than usual

- It’s a vital defensive/offensive tool that should be implemented into every May player’s game.

- Pretty much gives you limitless if not several various options for mix-up and pressure

- Has a practical use on hit or block since blockage leads to mix-up and hit can lead to more damage. 1 dolphin is best when CH, multiple dolphins are always combo/throw potential.

Cons to AFV Hoopin:

- It’s difficult and can make May more complicated than she needs to be at times. Moriyama doesn’t do it. LOL

- Can mess up charge buffering for some combos and or tactics.

- Limits Mays combos, pokes, and moves based on what button you are holding.

- FRC re buffer is tricky at first.

- Theoretically, Much more difficult on pad. But Ima pad user and I developed this stuff on pad so you can do it.

Hoop-set Major Uses:

- Get Outa Jail Free Card: Can make safe moves safer, unsafe moves safe, and can let you get away with shit you’ll usually not suppose to :p. Can save an ass in a bad situation and can sometimes serve as pressure breakers.

- Spacing Tool: You can use this move as a means to controlling the battlefield the way you want. You can use it to get, the opponent off your back, to come to you, or to avoid certain areas making them more predictable.

- Lockdown: When used right it is a great tool for mix-ups, okizeme, and pressure.

- Enhancing combos: It can be rather situational but using your hoops right can enhance your combos; sometimes reducing tension usage.

- A Free Taunt/Applause, not practical….but I like doin it sometimes >_>

Hoop set as an effective “Get out of Jail Free Card”:

(Bwahahha Monopoly, he’s so Pringles, where ya curly mustache at?).

As stated before, you can use your hoops to allow you to get away with things you shouldn’t, lets you act like an ass (aka Takuma from KOF 2k2 meaning throw a lot of random pokes like your crazy, then randomly hit somebody that tries to run at you out of impatience xD), and can save you in some tight situations. The Key to the GOJFC (Get out of Jail Free Card), is implementing when to let go of the button. The beauty of this move is that it works as one of the quickest “on reaction” moves out there. For example: If you see someone jumping in and you want to do a DP (dragon punch) with a character that has a SRK (Shoryuken) type move, you have to put in that troublesome 623 motion and your button. Not only does that make timing harder, by pressing 6, you’re out of defense and open to whatever if your timing is off or your opponent is that much faster. With May’s Hoop set, all you have to do is release the button once you sense danger or want an action to take place. Cool thing about that is, not only is it quick, you don’t have to leave your defensive position for it, and you can release your dolphin in state that you’re in (during a move, on the ground, in the air, it does not matter).

As long as you are in the right position, it can make some moves, pokes, maneuvers safer (Meaning it lessens the chances of you being punished with a combo or knockdown when your move is blocked or wiffed/missed) and more practical (useful in many situations).

For example, usually I don’t use the Jackhound cause on block it seems really unsafe since when you get up off the ground you are all in their face with your hands in the air asking for a half-life combo; it just looks like death to me. But using a nicely place Hoop set you can not only get away with it O,,..,,O you can also have these options:

- (Give visual example with link and or reference) If the move connects you might be able to use the hoops to enhance your combo,

- (Give visual example with link and or reference) If blocked you can use the combination of Jackhound and Hoop to force your opponent to block high and get him or her locked down and ready for some mix-up and or rush down :p…..Just eeeeevil isn’t it.

- Or you could just get the fuck out of dodge (meaning run awwwwwway X,X)

Another example is Jackhound’s older sister 3K (Fun Slide move, weeeeee! xD). 3K is safer in situations since the low profile (upper body invincibility) but very punishable X_X. You can use it just as the Jackhound example;

- (Give visual example with link and or reference) On contact equals a knock down that can lead to mix-up/rush down since Hoop is out already.

- (Give visual example with link and or reference) On block it works in a similar way to the Jackhound but forces your opponent your block low as you get the person ready for mix-up/rushdown.

- Also lets you get the fuck out of dodge.

Using the Jackhound in combination with 3K (mentioned to me by AlwaysDizzy teacher-icon) can mean a headache for your opponent especially if you have your Hoop ready.

Other examples include:

- Anything you’ve been punished with xD, my fav is HSVD (Hardslash Vertical Dolphin). I used to spam it way back when, buuuut, then I found out, On block its like asking for a punch in the face, supernatural powers in your face, or worse Certain characters like Eddie/Faust get full BnB punishes while others get a throw, which may or may not lead to damage. Ky will FRC throw and HOS will not get any mid-screen throw damage for example.

Hoop-set is an effective spacing tool:

Your dolphin hoop can let you control the stage the way you want it. Think of it this way, its similar to how Ky’s projectiles keep people from running toward you and they usually either SlashBack, take to the sky, or they can simply block it (worst case for them, but best case for you). Millia’s aerial hair pin, can have people worried about a whole diagonal line through the middle of the screen. In May’s case it’s like making a wall on a certain space on the stage. The difference between May and her projectiles versus everyone else’s, is that you don’t know when theirs is comin so sometimes people won’t even worry about it as a threat and once the projectile is out, unless your already in the path of it, the threat is gone. On the other hand, May’s hoops are a visible threat (since they can see the hoop and know where it’s gonna hit) that people have to worry about as well as a move that may be hard to predict. You, as a May player, can use that as your advantage.

Depending on what hoop you put out you can get a chance to control where your opponent will move and try to predict where he/she will come from next. If you have the hoop out, the opponent can back away from it if he/she isn’t in the corner. This scenario can give you a chance to rush in or bait a defensive move. If the hoop causes the person to jump over it or you think the person will, you can have a Vertical Dolphin, Air Throw, anti air counter hit (5HS, J.HS, 6P) or RR ready to either counter hit into a combo or lead to a knockdown. If the person is brave and runs through it for a rush down or sends a projectile, you can try to out poke or counter hit if it’s a rush, or punish the person for the projectile, IF YOU FRC’ED, if not >,> well your screwed :’<.

As a final note, think of spacing as controlling the battle field/stage in a way that by using a spacing tool (her dolphin hoop), to force your opponent to move in a more predictable way or in a way that benefits you. :p.

Hoop set is a great tool for lockdown and mix-ups:

Because this is a projectile you can control independently of May it is a great tool for locking up and mixing up your opponent. When I say the hoop dolphin is independent of May, think of it this way: You can have the dolphin attack at anytime you want by releasing it after setting up a hoop. It doesn’t matter what May is doing, the dolphin can do its job whether May is in action doing a combo or not. The reason why moves that are independent of the character are so lethal in mix up and lock up game, is because you can create new strings of combo’s and rush downs that are not limited to your characters set combo strings, it allows you to remake new ones that are far more effective and less predictable. This is because it is like your fighting with two characters at time, so it’s like tag teaming your opponent.

Great examples excluding May are:

(Guilty Gear): Zato and Eddie, Zappa and the Dog.

(Melty Blood):

- Nero Chaos and his human petting zoo (mainly that fucking DEER DX! OooooooooOOOOOO I HATE IT SO O,,..,,o, ROAD KILL! I WANNA RUN IT OVER IN MY TITAN! OR AN SUV! NOOOO THAT’S NOT GOOD ENOUGH, IT DESERVES TO BE HIT BY A BUS FULL OF FOOTBALL PLAYERS FOR THAT EXTRA BIT OF MOMENTUM YEEESS O,,..,,O AAARRRRG!!! GAAAAAAOOO!!!! WRRRRRRRRRRRY!!!!!!….>,>, sorry I know it’s a bit much, but that damn deer has robbed me of victory many times :’<, that and I hope I amused you guys :p)

- Warakia/Vampire Sion and their Tatari/Familiars,

- Ciel and her awesomeness xD, just kidding she doesn’t count :p, I just love her to bits xD. If that was my woman, id fix her curry Monday through Sunday xD.

(Arcana Heart): Loislollette and her Puppet or Any character using Gier, the Darkness Arcana.

In all of these examples each person has a unique but similar tool that lets them continue if not double or highly multiply their rushdown/lockup/mixup potential. In some cases it can even lead to Unblockables if that person has such a move and it is done when your special move is locking the person up.

If you time it right you can make May’s rush down twice as long. For instance, with a hoop in the right place you could do: k, s, s, release dolphin hoop and SVD at the same time, then you can continue pressure with another combo once the dolphin hits, the possibilities are damn near limitless.

Hoop-set as a combo enhancer:

Now the same reasons I gave for the hoop dolphins being a great tool for lockdown, can apply for enhancing your combos. In May’s case it may be more difficult to enhance combos like other characters can, because her dolphins don’t have a suction effect like Eddie’s monster, or small push back like Zappa’s Dog. If a dolphin that comes from behind would push the opponent to you May would truly have the potential to be the most dangerous character in this game :O; if used right that is :P. Also using the dolphin hoop in combos is very dependent on proper spacing, meaning the person has to be at the right place at the right time. Just like in the case of Lock down, using the hoop at the right time during a combo can give you options to make your combos longer or give you new options to start new combos. Your combos won’t be limited to May’s combo chain, bread and butter combos, or her other special moves. The comparing examples that I gave you on other game characters applies the same here. Also a hoop dolphin that hits the opponent on counter hit can be an opener for a combo so keep your eyes and ears open for that “COUNTER”!

Hoops greatest weakness:

Hoops greatest weakness lies in the fact that you have to hold the button while still actively fighting your opponent. It’s like trying to fight with one of your limbs inhibited. When you fight, it feels like you’re stubbing along on one foot or fighting with one hand tied behind your back. One of the most annoying things that happens as a side effect of holding one button is that you can’t charge buffer well with pokes by holding 1 or 4 (down back or back), while throwing your poke (Example: poking with 4HS while charging for a horizontal dolphin). Also you cannot start your combos while charging 1 or 4, meaning you cant run up and do: 4K, S, 2HS Horizontal dolphin, or 1K, 2D, Hori, or vertical dolphin. This happens because you are already holding a button, so when you are holding back and you press any other button, you are automatically go in faultless defense.

Hsien-Jo~

:eng101:AC May Advanced Guide:eng101:

0- Introduction-

1- Cancels

2- Tech Traps

3- What do I do when…?

4- Pressure options

5- Set ups/ Okizme game

6- Conclusion

0- Introduction

This desperately needed guide is intended for the people who have a good understanding of Guilty Gear but aren't informed of May's FULL potential. First you came to Dustloop, than May forums looking for a foundation to a May game, This is for all of you. I am in the car on the way to SER Let’s do this! If anyone has any particular aspects that they want covered please ask as this TOC is rather lacking and it could use more content but I am stumped at the moment.

No legal disclaimers, no copyright BS, this is from me to all of you.

I will gladly update with more when beneficial contributions are made and shall DO MY BEST to cite people for their own contribution.

-Kyle

1-Cancels

Our Cali- Friend PhaethonH sparked this idea when he talked about 5S, SVD cancel. Here is his list of Interesting cancels that are surprisingly applicable. It is crazy to get 30 frames of charge in some of these. =)

• 5P, 5S, S.VD (this is in vid at end)

• [D], Dolphin Hoop / S.HD / Whale

• 5H, S.VD

• 2P, 5H, S.VD (as both 2P, 5H~8S.VD and 2P, 5H[2], S.VD)

• 2P(JI), 5P, 6H, S.VD, FRC, AD, ... (this was actually useful in GGXXS, but now the knockdown is all funny and so only really good for "wtf?!" reactions)

• 5P(JI), 5P, 6[H], H.VD, FRC, AD, ...

• 5K, 5S(JI), j.H.RR, land ...

• 5S.f, S.VD, OHK (from pulsr back in #R days)

• (block string) 5K, 5S.c, 5S.f, S.VD, OHK

• (corner) 6P, 5S, S.VD (land 5P, FB HD, 6P, 5S, S.VD, ...)

• [3]K, RC~VD...

• j.p,/J.K, j.D whiff, j.P/J.K, j.D whiff. (eternal hover)

2- Tech Traps

So you air throw a lot… big deal, the damage potential is as bad as 3K, with May’s incredible jumping speed they shouldn’t be too hard to nab. If you want damage do the proper Tech traps. =P Some combo’s actually set you up for this nicely. Like an extended BNB that ends in 6HS, SVD. They can tech… low woot woot. This is especially good against opponents who like to “throw out” high priority air normal’s to cover their butts. (Anji- J.s Baiken J.S…) If they are LOW just trade with a 5HS, your CH is AMAZING, you recover from their crappy high priority move then proceed to run in for huge damage with little to no tension expenditure. The sweetest most totally awesome tech trap great job, is when they recover high and want to come down on you with something Silly like (Pot- J.D, Baiken- J.HS…) you can use 6HS, SHD (Wiff), 5S for a CRAZY DAMAGE launch. You can also use 6HS from a lower position but it requires you to do 6HS, 41236S, FRC, 66, 5S for the launch.

3-What do I do when…?

They back-dash on wake up/ pressure-(Not Pot)

No tension- You can get a 6P Combo (stun) or RUN with them and OHK.

Tension- 6P combo or FBHSHD to launch them from the back-dash.

They Jump on my mix up/wake-up.

No tension- You can recover from a normal (5K, 5S…) than SVD for launch.

Tension- You can recover from a normal (5K, 5S…) than SVD for launch.

They keep poking me with normal’s.

No tension- You can 5HS or 2HS for CH goodness.

Tension- You can 5HS or 2HS for CH goodness.

They keep throwing me out of my throw attempts.

No tension- You can 5K… (Throw invinc.) combo from there.

Tension- You can 63214S (Throw invinc.) Use Orca to combo off from corner.

They keep throwing me for their mix-up.

No tension- Jump to avoid throw. Some throw attempts can be poked out of.

Tension- You can 63214S (Throw invinc.) Use Orca to combo off from corner.

They FD and blow my pressure options.

No tension- OHK the Shit out of them.

Tension- Roman Cancel something, than OHK the Shit out of them.

They gold burst.

No tension- ONLY punish gold burst with a ground throw/ OHK on Flash guard.

Tension- ONLY punish gold burst with a ground throw/ OHK on Flash guard.

I am eating random counter hits with trajectory moves.

Run in and Faultless defend for a few frames. It’s called FD break, it’s not expensive.

My zoning game J.S lands a hit

Regular hit- cancel to J.D, J.HS, J.D.

CH – Delay, Air dash, J.K, J.HS, Land, J.K, J.D, J.HS, J.D.

I NEED the OTG kill?

No tension- 6HS from most knockdowns.

25% tension- Jackhound, but don't rely on it.

50% tension- If in range do 63214HS as it is her best OTG, but whale still has uses.

I ground combo into a 5FS and still want the knockdown? (This punishes some specials)

No tension- You can't get the KD. your screwed. lol

25% tension- 5FS, FBHSHD, 3K.

The 3K is a link and requires a little practice but it's easy enough after a while. This happens often when you POKE with 5k, 5FS and you hit confirm this, FB dolphin 3k on hit and and hoop set or jump cancel on guard.

4- Pressure options-

No tension pressure options are limited but there are some.

- The best way to build guard bar without tension is to give up 40 damage off of a no tension knockdown. In certain cases you wouldn't even give up damage. If a no tension combo is ended in HS hoop set in stead of HSVD you can keep the dolphin buffered to get some pressure/guards bar.

In the corner I prefer to run in for a 5K, 5S,]HS[, F5S, (Released dolphins hit), Jump Cancel, IAD,from here you have 3 options

a- While landing low hit.

b- J.2HS to hit crouching or build guard bar.

c- J.S, J.HS land... if they guard the dolphin standing than J.S can hit fuzzy. If they crouch your screwed.

Mid Screen I prefer to run in for a 5K, 5S,]HS[, F5S, (Released dolphins hit), SVD, (Wiff)... From here it's while landing low and/or more pressure.

-Reverse gatlin to build pressure bar. 5S, 6P, 5S, F5S, 2D (Wiff)

-May’s delay game is pretty good. 5HS, Delay, 2D will net some lows.

-2K does net a + frame on guard So on the inside hits like 2P, 2K, 2P or 2K, 2K.work.

-J.2HS is too good. You can seriously (sometimes) get away with Jump canceling J.2HS from 5S/5K/5P or 2P.

- J.2HS is too good. You can seriously (sometimes) get away with Jump canceling Air Dashing and crossing up J.2HS from 5S/5K/5P or 2P.

-Hoop set CAN work. If they are really being defensive than cancel to 41236HS, and run in for free pressure. Woot woot. Be careful this is very unsafe if they react. But then you can FRC if you had tension and build a mind game out of that. If you do build this mind game use P-Hoop as it will cover your sprite unlike HS-Hoop.

- SVD and SHD can be used as a Wiff for a low or an OHK set up, this only works as your opponent chooses to guard, but then again if they do jump or back-dash there are things you can do. Check section 3 of this guide.

-If you Jump cancel a F5S and IAD than do a Slash-Back cancel Falling J.HS, you are completely out of 6P territory and Air throw territory for everyone except Anji: with his "Special" super jump trajectory.

With tension, May’s pressure options are diverse and very fun.

-J.RR = You can jump cancel any Jump cancel-able move for an Overhead with a Tiger kneed J.RR. It just sux b/c you need More tension after that to really combo off of it.

-RR= If you JI a gatlin and go into the RR FRC, you can do either a J.2HS or an air dash (While landing string) to get back in.

-Hoop Set= Pressuring hoop set is interesting, and even gimmickier when you re buffer the dolphin for the pressure,Example would be: HS hoop set, FRC, 6HS for the normal and re buffer dolphin, cancel 6hs into whatever you want from there.

-SVD= If you JI a gatlin and go into the SVD FRC, you can do either a J.2HS or an air dash ( While landing string) to get back in.

-FB_HD= this one is simple either run up and OHK them or don’t run in so far and 5HS them. If you want to build guard bar than keep the normal’s coming.

-FB_VD= If you JI a gatlin and go into the FB_VD you get a Landing low, a landing OHK or an air dashed overhead. J.K, J.HS

-HSHD= If you JI a gatlin and go into the HSHD FRC, you can do either a J.2HS or a delay air dash (While landing string) to get back in. Air dash J.2HS crosses up.=) By: ShinJin

Anyone else than me playing around with JI-H-Dolphin frc airdash-pressure? Like when your opponent has started FD´ing like crazy, you do something likte 5K ji 5HS HSH-Dolphin frc airdash jS jHS etc?

I used that often in Reload/Slash but AC is too different.

- Disadvantages

They can Crouch under J.S and get a Throw when you land, & with the later FRC it is EASIER to Anti-air. In slash Malice Back dash canceled and air threw out of that set-up, With the FRC being THAT late I am scared to think about all the possible Anti-Airs it would eat. It's overall TOO RISKY.

so I would recommend Air dashing and doing J.2HS, or your best option would be jumping and coming down with a J.2HS but even that isn't perfect.

5-Set ups/ Okizme game-

I Feel listing options, than explaining knockdowns is an appropriate way to do this.

Options

1- Landing OHK.

(+)This works when they FEAR J.2HS.

(-)If they don't fear you get thrown or Anti-aired. Not shoryu safe.

If you get thrown out of this, use it to your advantage, set up the scenario again, than land and use 63214S for throw Invinc.

2- Landing Low. (2D)

(+)This works because they FEAR the Late Airdash.

(-)If they don't fear you get thrown or Anti-aired. Not shoryu safe.

3- Late Airdash J.K, J.HS

(+)This works because they FEAR the landing low.

(-)If they don't fear you get Anti-aired 6P's hurt. Not shoryu safe.

4- Late Airdash J.K, J.HS J.RR FRC

(+)This works because they only expect the J.K, J.HS.

(-)If it doesn't work than they guard, you blow tension. Not shoryu safe.

5- Tiger knee Resistive Roll. (TK.RR)

(+)This works because they Don't expect it. Shoryu safe on reaction. It's overhead or wiffs.

(-)If they catch on than they guard, you blow tension.

Depending on your spacing and height of the TK.RR you can

-Hit the J.RR as an overhead and FRC it for combo.

-wiff the J.RR and OHK.

-Wiff the J.RR and Airdash J.K, J.HS

-wiff the J.RR and Landing Low. (2D)

6- 66, 5S

(+)This works because of the deceptive range and is used for a "Kyle special" OHK.

(-)You have to dedicate yourself if you want this set-up. Not shoryu safe.

I use this on some wake-ups to cancel to a K hoop set, and buffer the OHK off the FRC, this re-buffers the K.

Giving you an OHK combo with a Buffered K-dolphin the WHOLE time. Now if I could only get them on the other side....wait Double dolphin upper time.

lets use the three dolphin I've built up as wake-up pressure for some free mix-ups. Dirty huh?

7- J.2HS

(+)This works because It's active. Shoryu safe if timed properly. This also means if you hit lands than the combo will be Jump Installed already.

(-)If it doesn't work than they guard.

This can be canceled into J.RR for Overhead Mix-ups. But it does cost tension... unless you have a dolphin hoop somewhere. *grin*

If you 66 before the 8 than the extra trajectory can make you cross up. Or you can IAD for the same effect.

Even better you can IAD than Slash Back cancel your Air dash to FAKE a cross-up.

This can also be an effective wiff followed by a 2D or OHK.

8- 5[D]

(+)Low hit, which knocks down for reset. Can be special canceled to be"safer" but even that is hard input.

(-)You really have to dedicate yourself, not shoryu safe.

9- 5D

(+)Overhead hit, which knocks down for reset.

10- 5K

(+)This works because It's Throw invinc. and wiffs SOME supers. Pot's Aegis for example. Hit or guard it's very confirm-able.

(-)N0t Shoryu/super safe.

This can be done early to BAIT Shoryu's or mind games when you OHK them on THEIR wake-up.

5HS wiff OHK is pretty good also as it pulls you forward into throw range if spaced properly.

11- 6HS charged

(+)Overhead hit, which combo's on crouching hit and CH when you wiff a SVD. Shoryu safe.

(-)It's OBVIOUS what you are doing, but some people eat it.

12- OHK

(+)Throw, which knocks down for reset.

This option works best if you stand out of their throw range and linger at the max OHK range., This way if they try to throw you, you will OHK them out of their 6HS.

Be sure to check the Beginners guide for some Other Unique OHK set-ups.

13- SVD cross-up

(+) cross-up overhead which KD's for resets, can be FRC'd for 6HS, SVD, loop... FRC to make it safe, some shoryu safety.

(-) Without tension, when guarded you will be punished HARD. By: NamelessCounter

knockdowns

- 3k-

-HSVD-

-SVD-

-2D/2HS-

2D/2HS, Hoops set Cancels!

Knock down with Multiple dolphins buffered.

first off we need to talk about GETTING This set-up as it is AMAZING. you have to land a Knock down, than Dolphin HOOP FRC, re-buffer and land another KNOCKDOWN while buffering the dolphin the WHOLE time.

The most efficient ways to do this are.

- 2D/2HS, P hoop set. FRC, re-buffer P, than 5D... (Option 9). Nets 3 dolphins. Corner only.

- 2D/2HS, P hoop set. FRC, re-buffer P, than 66, 2D, 214D, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5P, HSVD. Nets two dolphin Corner only.

The dirty truth. Most of May's pressure options and mix-ups can be back dashed or 1 Frame Jumped. It's when they FEAR is when you can do sweet mix-up tricks, but then when they fear you can just OHK them. =(.

http://www.dustloop.com/data/ac/may.html

6-Conclusion-

This guide alone will not make a great May player. It is undeniably important to have the full understanding of AC May Beginners guide, Over-all guilty gear skills (Reaction, baiting, resource management…) and finally the Match-up specific information.

Kyle~

:eng101:May Gimmicks and Tricks Guide:eng101:

- Vertical Dolphin Buffer out of Run.

- Running Specials, Super.

- Fuzzy.

- Tiger Knee'd-Resistive Roll. Instant Overhead.

- J.RR, (Whiff), FRC, OHK.

- Horizontal dolphin will cross up.

- Normal Throw.

- Re-buffering Hoop-set FRC

- Buffering OHK out of hoop set FRC.

- Hoop set buffers FRC.

- Pseudo Unblockable 1.

- Pseudo Unblockable 2.

- (+) Frames .

- Dizzy Only.

- Potty only.

- Faultless defense Cancel.

- CH Gold Burst

- Instant Kill Set-ups.

0 - Introduction-

I have played this sky pirate in Tourney's for over a year and have played casual for MUCH longer, I've learned a few things...Some weird things. This is From me to all of YOU.

No legal Copyright, BS. I will do everything in my power to cite people for their own individual contributions, so please read, enjoy and contribute. I will update with others adequate input as soon as possible.

-Kyle

1 - Gimmicks and Tricks-

- Vertical Dolphin Buffer out of Running animation.

Application - 66, [3], 9S or 9HS.

- Running specials, supers.

Application - More range.

1 - 41236, 6, Delay, HS. Any Hoop Set input works here.

2 - 4 fully charged, 66, Delay S. FB if desired.

3 - 4 fully charged, 66, Delay HS.FB if desired.

4 - 236236, 6, Delay, S. Running Whale o.0

- If you manage to get a GOLD burst at the END of a fight, I mean "END last 2 hits lets you win" than JI a Jackhoud, RC, JD. The J.D hits fuzzy. lol. Do not TK, just JI a pressure string.

Application- Pressure string of 4K, 7S, 4S, 63214D, RC, J.D, J.HS, J.D, RR

- Fuzzy Guard off DEEP J.S.

Application - Normal Throw, 66, 9, DEEP J.S. (#)

1 - J.D, J.HS, J.D, RR

2 - 1D, FBSHD, 5S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5P, HSVD.

- Tiger Knee'd-Resistive Roll. Instant Overhead. 632369, Delay, HS.

Application- Their wake up, TK,-RR, FRC, 1D, FBSHD, 5S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5P, HSVD.

- J.RR, (Whiff), FRC, OHK.

Application- Pressure string of 4K, 7S, 1S, FBSHD, J.S, j.c, J.HS, J.RR, (Whiff), FRC, OHK.

GB+ makes it hurt.

- SJ, J.RR, (Whiff), FRC, AD.

Application- Super jump, than J.RR, FRC and an Air dash is possible. Tricky eh?

- An Air Dash will cross up when timed properly after an air throw. (Safer than a HSHD)

Application - Air Throw, IAD, J.2HS, 2D... By: Pulsr

- Any Horizontal dolphin will cross up when timed properly after an Air-Throw.

Application - Air throw, HSHD, FRC, J.K, Land, 2P, 2D...

- Any Horizontal dolphin when timed properly will cross up Zappa/Potty after ANY knockdown.

Application - Zappa's wake-up, HSHD, FRC, J.K, Land, 2P, 2D...

- Normal Throw opponent into corner makes HSVD/SVD cross-up on their wake up.

Application- Normal Throw, HSVD, FRC, J.HS, Land, 6HS, HSVD, FBHSHD, 66, 5K, JI, HS, Delay, HSVD.

- Hoop set buffers can be FRC'ed with any three buttons and Re-buffered.

Application - 41236K, FRC (P+K+S), [K]. works

Application - 41236K, FRC ( P+S+HS), [K]. Works

- Re-buffering Hoop-set FRC with an FRC command of your choice.

Apparently this window is EVEN bigger than I knew, it turns out that the window is SO BIG that May can successfully:

-Hoop Set command (P/K/S/HS)

-FRC with any three commands of your choice

-Force May to activate a 5P

-re-buffer the initial Hoop-set command (P/K/S/HS) during that 5P animation.

What this means is, not only is there the convenience of a FRC with your choice of buttons to avoid IK mode, BUT, May used to actually do the normal of the same hoop command. (Example would be re-buffering HS from a HS hoop-set and watching May actually do the 5HS) NOW, she can always do a 5P and re-buffer Hoop while in the 5P animation. Meaning, significantly more recovery and more options.

- Buffering OHK out of hoop set FRC, is tricky and still combo-able. Only do when you have under 75% tension, so a super doesn't come out.

Application - 5K, 41236HS, 63214K+S+HS, ]K[, [HS]

- Pseudo Unblockable 1- Freeze frame corner Whale is a pseudo Unblock in the corner.

Application- 236236S, while in corner opponent can NOT guard after flash.

- Pseudo Unblockable 2- Freeze frame whale makes hoops set pseudo unblockable after flash. This can increase range enough to make super combo if CH is nailed.

Application- 41236HS, 236K+S+HS (FRC).

- (+) Frames on their wake up can be achieved be using 3K as a meaty on the last active frame, than FRC.

Application - Their wake up, 66, 3K, FRC,

- (+) Frames on their wake up can be achieved be using FBHSHD as a meaty.

Application - Their wake up, FBHSHD,

- character specific in corner. 2D, FBSHD, 6P...

Application - J.2HS, Land, 2D, FBSHD, 66, 6P, S,JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5P, HSVD, HS hoop set, FRC, Running 50/50 with D & [D].

- Potty only. OHK, 66, 6P...

Application- OHK, 66, 6P, 5S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 2P, HSVD.

- OHK only. OHK, 6HS, Whale...

Application- OHK, 6HS, 236236S, HSVD, Jackhound, 2D, HSVD.

Application- OHK, 6HS, 236236S, 236236S, 2D, HSVD. Builds stun LOL.

- Potty only- HSVD, FRC, air-dash, J.S, J.HS, Land... Depending on the starter, multiple enders are possible.

Application- OHK, J.S, J.HS, Land, Delay, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, S, JI, HS, Delay SVD, 2P, HSVD, FRC, Air-dash, J.S, J.HS, Land, J.K, JD, J.HS, JD, RR. This particular example only #4 ender is possible, but an earlier HSVD, FRC will make enders 1-4 possible for other combo's.

1- SVD, 5P, S, HS, HSVD.

2- 6HS, SVD

3- J.HS, J.D, J.HS, J.D

4- J.K, J.D, J.HS, J.D

- Lightweights only Launch, FBSHD, 6HS Charged. :wtf:

Applications- Mid screen-

2D, FBSHD, 6HS(Fully Charged)

2HS, FBSHD, 6HS(Fully Charged)

Application - corner-

2D, FBSHD, 6HS(Fully Charged), SVD, 5P, 5S, JI, 5HS, HSVD, ...

2D, FBSHD, 6HS(Fully Charged), HSVD, 63214D, ...

-Corner Only Impossible Dust Combo. This works on everyone, but actually describes an awesome link it sets up for either knock down or FBHSHD to continue combo.

Application - D, [9], J.HS, J.HS, [/9], 159, Delay, J.HS, Land in corner, HSVD, HSVD.

Application - D, [9], J.HS, J.HS, [/9], 159, Delay, J.HS, Land in corner, HSVD, HSVD, FBHSVD, 6HS, HSVD, 63214D, 2D, HSVD.

- Faultless Defense cancel J.2HS. Changes Trajectory of air movement

Application- In air 2HS, 1HS+K. FAST.

- 8, FDC (2HS), J.S, Recover, Air-dash. You fall slower and therefor can air-dash for the extra overheads.

Application - 8, FDC (2HS), J.S, Recover, 66, J.K, J.HS, Land, 1D, FBSHD, 66, 5S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 5S, JI, HS, Delay, SVD, 2P, HSVD.

- Slash-Back Cancel J.2HS. Changes Trajectory of air- dash. Input is identical to FDC, except you MUST use S+HS. Use this to fake air-dash cross-ups.

Application - Air dash, 2HS, 1HS+S. FAST. By: Purrin

- Counter Hit Gold Burst Combos are easy as Jackhound picks up OTG and you always have 100% tension. Gold Burst and nail CH,

Application in corner- Launch with FBHSHD, Lame loop.

Application Mid screen- Launch with 214D, lame loop.

- Instant Kill Set-ups.

Application - Combo on stagger.

1- D, RC, Mode Change, 4123641236HS. Only if they Noob burst on D.

2- CH 5HS, 4123641236HS. By: ShinQuickman

3- IK mode, CH 6HS Charged, SHD, Whiff, 4123641236HS.

Kyle~

:eng101:Full character Frame Data :eng101:

http://www.dustloop.com/data/ac/may.html

Frame Data Regarding 6[P], ]P[

Preformatted text for reading as-is.

GGXXAC May 6P chart

startup (charge)        Stun multiplier (fraction)      block stun?
25 (16)                 3.000   (3 +  0/16)             16
26 (17)                 3.375   (3 +  6/16)             22
27 (18)                 3.438   (3 +  7/16)             22
28 (19)                 3.500   (3 +  8/16)             23
29 (20)                 3.500   (3 +  8/16)             23
30 (21)                 3.563   (3 +  9/16)             24
31 (22)                 3.625   (3 + 10/16)             25
32 (23)                 3.625   (3 + 10/16)             25
33 (24)                 3.688   (3 + 11/16)             26
34 (25)                 3.750   (3 + 12/16)             26
35 (26)                 3.750   (3 + 12/16)             27
36 (27)                 3.813   (3 + 13/16)             28
37 (28)                 3.875   (3 + 14/16)             28
38 (29)                 3.875   (3 + 14/16)             29
39 (30)                 3.938   (3 + 15/16)             29
40 (31)                 4.000   (4 +  0/16)             30
41 (32)                 4.000   (4 +  0/16)             31
42 (33)                 4.063   (4 +  1/16)             31
43 (34)                 4.125   (4 +  2/16)             32
44 (35)                 4.125   (4 +  2/16)             32
45 (36)                 4.188   (4 +  3/16)             33
46 (37)                 4.250   (4 +  4/16)             34
47 (38)                 4.250   (4 +  4/16)             34
Footnote: releasing P incurs a fixed 9F startup for the punch to actually come out. The parenthesized number indicates the time (in frames) the button is actually held (you control this); the unparenthesized number is the total startup time until actual impact.

Footnote2: Stun multiplier in fractional form is provided to help give a more rational sense (math pun intended) of the steps between stun multipliers.

HTML copy-and-paste form for whoever gets to update http://dustloop.com/data/ac/may.html

<table class="fdata">
<tr><th>startup (charge)</th><th>Stun multiplier</th><th>block stun?</th></tr>
<tr class="w"><td>25 (16)</td><td>3.000</td><td>16</td></tr>
<tr><td>26 (17)</td><td>3.375 </td><td>22</td></tr>
<tr class="w"><td>27 (18)</td><td>3.438 </td><td>22</td></tr>
<tr><td>28 (19)</td><td>3.500</td><td>23</td></tr>
<tr class="w"><td>29 (20)</td><td>3.500</td><td>23</td></tr>
<tr><td>30 (21)</td><td>3.563</td><td>24</td></tr>
<tr class="w"><td>31 (22)</td><td>3.625</td><td>25</td></tr>
<tr><td>32 (23)</td><td>3.625</td><td>25</td></tr>
<tr class="w"><td>33 (24)</td><td>3.688</td><td>26</td></tr>
<tr><td>34 (25)</td><td>3.750</td><td>26</td></tr>
<tr class="w"><td>35 (26)</td><td>3.750</td><td>27</td></tr>
<tr><td>36 (27)</td><td>3.813</td><td>28</td></tr>
<tr class="w"><td>37 (28)</td><td>3.875</td><td>28</td></tr>
<tr><td>38 (29)</td><td>3.875</td><td>29</td></tr>
<tr class="w"><td>39 (30)</td><td>3.938</td><td>29</td></tr>
<tr><td>40 (31)</td><td>4.000</td><td>30</td></tr>
<tr class="w"><td>41 (32)</td><td>4.000</td><td>31</td></tr>
<tr><td>42 (33)</td><td>4.063</td><td>31</td></tr>
<tr class="w"><td>43 (34)</td><td>4.125</td><td>32</td></tr>
<tr><td>44 (35)</td><td>4.125</td><td>32</td></tr>
<tr class="w"><td>45 (36)</td><td>4.188</td><td>33</td></tr>
<tr><td>46 (37)</td><td>4.250</td><td>34</td></tr>
<tr class="w"><td>47 (38)</td><td>4.250</td><td>34</td></tr>
</table>
[/html]

:eng101:Q & A: Regarding Guides:eng101:

Dear Kyle,

I was reading the may advance guide and I couldn’t image some of how those combos work. For example...

1) "-If you Jump cancel a F5S and IAD than do a Slash-Back cancel Falling J.HS, you are completely out of 6P territory and Air throw territory for everyone except Anji: with his "Special" super jump trajectory. " Would that be ...5(f)s,962hs,4shs,2hs?

2) "-HSHD= If you JI a gatlin and go into the HSHD FRC, you can do either a J.2HS or a delay air dash (While landing string) to get back in. Air dash J.2HS crosses up.=) By: ShinJin" Does it really cross over?

3) "6- 66, 5S

(+)This works because of the deceptive range and is used for a "Kyle special" OHK.

(-)You have to dedicate yourself if you want this set-up. Not shoryu safe.

I use this on some wake-ups to cancel to a K hoop set, and buffer the OHK off the FRC, this re-buffers the K.

Giving you an OHK combo with a Buffered K-dolphin the WHOLE time. Now if I could only get them on the other side....wait Double dolphin upper time.

lets use the three dolphin I've built up as wake-up pressure for some free mix-ups. Dirty huh?" I don't understand this at all... period lol what is the input?

4)7- J.2HS

(+)This works because It's active. Shoryu safe if timed properly. This also means if you hit lands than the combo will be Jump Installed already.

(-)If it doesn't work than they guard.

This can be canceled into J.RR for Overhead Mix-ups. But it does cost tension... unless you have a dolphin hoop somewhere. *grin*

If you 66 before the 8 than the extra trajectory can make you cross up. Or you can IAD for the same effect.

Even better you can IAD than Slash Back cancel your Air dash to FAKE a cross-up.

5)Now try this on Potty, corner Knockdown with a gatlin into HSVD, HS hoops set, FRC, 6HS as soon as possiable. This re-buffers the dolphins and hits him Overhead on his wake-up. cancel the 6HS in a SHD (Wiff), make the hoop set dolphin hit HERE, than it's 6P combo time.

(+)Overhead hit, combo's on crouch or standing, Shoryu safe, can mix-up still on guard. The Hoop FRC tends to hide the 6HS some making it hit more often.

(-)Potty only =( as he has an enormous TALL sprite crouching.

Does this mean that it will hit other tall sprites like Jo or Ed?

Overall if you could give me a link or something to maybe a video of these being done or the input for the combos by the

7 8 9 K S HS

4 5 6 P R D

1 2 3

Dear ________________,

Thanks for asking so many questions. I am excited to see how eager you are to learn. I will do my best to further explain these things for you.

1) 5FS, jump cancel with 9, 6(Instant Air Dash), [2HS, 1S+HS](Slash Back Cancel), J.HS would be correct. NOT 5(f)s,962hs,4shs,2hs.

2) If you JI a gatlin and go into the HSHD FRC, you can air dash J.2HS without any delay to make the J.2HS cross up.

3) 66, 5S, 41236K, 6321K+S+HS, [K],. At this point the kick buffer actually activates the OHK and buffers the Hoop set at the same time, giving you an OHK combo with a Buffered K-hoop dolphin the WHOLE time.

Now depending on the character you are comboing, you can do a combo that knocks them down BEHIND May, which is the same spot where the K Hoop will release.

For Potemkin you can do this combo while STILL BUFFERING K the entire time.

J. S, J.HS, Delay, SVD, 5S, 5HS, SVD, 5S, 5HS, SVD. 5P, HSVD

This knocks him down behind May, exactly where the K hoop was buffered.

Now on Potemkin’s wake up use the three dolphins I've built up with the K-Hoop as wake-up pressure for some free mix-ups.

5)Does this mean that it will hit other tall sprites like Jo or Ed?

No, unfortunately this set-up will only hit POTTY as his sprite is ENORMOUS tall WHILE CROUCHING. I haven't tested on Johnny and Eddie but I will later tonight. They do have TALL sprites but not FREAKISHLY tall while crouching. The opener for this combo/set-up is a fully Charged 6HS which hits Overhead or when the opponent is crouching. This WILL combo on STANDING tall characters, but I see no reason for a character to be hit while standing with a fully charged 6HS. You might be able to score a counter-hit and make this BEAT on tall characters.

NamelessCounter,

"Yes! In fact can you add how much tension is added per mix up/ pressure option. A video would be sweet. Are there any combos or mixups/pressure options that wouldnt work on certain characters. What if they are FDing? "-RR= If you JI a gatlin and go into the RR FRC, you can do either a J.2HS or an air dash (While landing string) to get back in." Does that still work if i JI with k, 5©s, 5(f)s, while they are FDing?

1) Would a IAD j2HS, cross over at that distance?

2) If you slash back RR frc does it stop the forward momentum of that FRC like it does for AD, if so is it possible to IAD after the frc into jk, jhs, 2k, 2d, etc. Would that be RR FRC 4shs, IAD, jk, jhs, etc.. or would you have to RR, FRC, 2hs4shs, IAD, jk, jhs. If this is true then its a pretty good mix up because it is reactive to their behavior and plenty of time to confirm to do it.

3) "-FB_VD= If you JI a gatlin and go into the FB_VD you get a Landing low, a landing OHK or an air dashed overhead. J.K, J.HS" When is the air dash done at? If you dont delay on the air dash does it cross over with j2hs?

(sorry im asking this cause i dont have the game at home to test it out.)"

Dear NamelessCounter,

How much tension is added per mix up? - Check the TG column here. http://www.dustloop.com/data/ac/may.html

How much tension is added per pressure option. - Check the TG column here. http://www.dustloop.com/data/ac/may.html

A video would be sweet.- In progress.:keke:

Are there any combos or mix-ups/pressure options that wouldn't work on certain characters?

Great question, check out the match-up Guide for individual character combo, strategy, mix-up options, advantages and disadvantages.

What if they are FDing? If they FD, OHK the shit out of them.

"-RR= If you JI a gatlin and go into the RR FRC, you can do either a J.2HS or an air dash (While landing string) to get back in." Does that still work if I JI with k, 5©s, 5(f)s, while they are FDing? Yes, but if they are FD it would be best to cancel 5FS into SHD. It is tensionless and you have more frames of advantage.

Would an IAD J.2HS, cross over at that distance? No, not when they FD K, 5S, and 5FS.

If you SlashBack Cancel RR FRC, does it stop the forward momentum of that FRC like it does for Air dashes? Yes it does, it is actually just enough to Fake a Cross-up, but the input is EXTREMELY strict. it stops the trajectory after a while, but not the initial movement.

If so, is it possible to Air dash after the FRC into J.k, J.HS, 2D? Yes, only if you Jump Installed previously.

Would that be RR, FRC, 4S+HS, 66, J.K, J.HS.. or would you have to RR, FRC, 2HS~4S+HS, Air dash, J.K, J.HS...? Input should be; RR, FRC, 2HS~4S+HS, Air dash, J.K, J.HS...

If this is true then its a pretty good mix up because it is reactive to their behavior and plenty of time to confirm to do it. No, not really, as you did A LOT of overly complicated input for an opponent to net a free 6P, their best anti-air or let them jump out of your offense.

"-FB_VD= If you JI a gatlin and go into the FB_VD you get a Landing low, a landing OHK or an air dashed overhead. J.K, J.HS" When is the air dash done at? Late and Fast. The 66 must be delayed as the FB animation doesn't allow any ru[finput][/finput]ir-dash buffering.

If you don't delay on the Air-dash, does it cross over with J.2HS? Yes, this is true for both FBSVD and FBHSVD.

If you have any more questions, please ask them. I am happy to help. =)

Kyle~

Maybe its because I've been spoiled rotten by the Dizzy guides in that respective section, but I was wondering if the basic information could be set out a bit more linear for an idiot like myself. I see in the main post and another thread, normal analysis, some special move analysis, and then the advanced jump cancel stuff, etc.

But I kinda have to shift through a lot of stuff to find what I need to get started, like basic combos to more advanced bnb, step 1 strategy and what to do on oki. I was wondering if someone could either post this info or perhaps shift me to the posts where it is listed?

EDIT: Okay, I KNOW what I need to start is up there in the post above:sweatdrop: , its just I'm somewhat overwhelmed on where to start. I like reading as much as the next, but...yeah. :kitty:

BnB is different per wieght but it should be something like this. Ohk or 2d jackhamer/fbhshd, 5s,5hs, 28s,5s 5hs 28s, (2p 5s 5hs 28hs for pot/robo) (25p 8s for light followed by 2p 28hs) and for normal end with 2p 28hs. Thats the easiest B&B combos for her. Light characters must be hit as low as possible, medium characters should be shoulder level, pot/robo should be dashed into so its the top of your head. (all 2d jackhammer/fbhshd must be dashed into for full B&B)

Basic oki

1. 5k ohk

2. ohk

3. 5hs (bait a CH then dash forward ohk)

4. 5k 5s 5hs shd(wif) ohk (changes for different characters and when/what they fd, no guide to this you have to go into training mode and try it for each character until somehow the range is inherintly obvious to you.)

5. RR frc 2p 2d FBhshd B&B

6. 5k 5hs (CH bait) 2d svd(wif) ohk

7. 6p (backdash bait) 5s, 5hs B&B.

Thats the basic fundamentals of her oki. It's np typing it out for you but tbh all the info is above just gotta look for it real close.

(May mods, if this post is out of place, please let me know and I can move it elsewhere for you.)

A revision of the May frame data has been done, according to the data listed in the AC complete guide (which supersedes the mook information, AFAIK), although most of the data was correct, and I only had to fix typos and inconsistent usage of notation. Actual errors/new info (to the guide) are listed as follows:

• j.P: Changed Cancel to CR.
  • j.K: Changed Guard to HA.
  • j.S: Changed Guard to HA.
  • j.H: Changed Guard to HA.
  • j.D: Changed Cancel to cCJR. Changed Guard to HA.
  • Mr. Dolphin (Hor) (S) and (H): Added: "Untechable for 20F."
  • Restive Rolling: added: "During the first 2 active frames, untechable time is 40F."
  • Aerial Restive Rolling (H): Added: "SD is for the fastest possible RR from the ground (Startup 19)."
  • Direction Change: Added: "Max of 3 consecutive Direction Changes possible."
  • Hakushu de mukaete kudasai: Changed to "Applause for the Victim" as per the GGX2 manual. (This move is somehow missing from the AC manual.) Attack was re-classified into two attacks, as follows:
    (TG, GB+ and GB- values are based on the mook info; complete guide has no such values)

Applause for the Victim (Strike)
    Input: 41236P/K/S/H (chargeable)
    Damage: 20
    TG: 2.5/0.0
    GB+: 10
    GB-: 7
    Lv: 3
    Guard: HLF
    Cancel: RF
    Startup: 23
    Active: 12
    Recovery: 21
    SD: -19
    Comments: 1-10 upper body invincible. 11-25 low stance. Floats on hit, untechable for 16F. Total length: 55F. FRC timing: 20-21.
    Applause for the Victim (Dolphin)
    Input: Release button after Applause for the Victim
    Damage: 22 x 1/2/3/6
    TG: 1.2 x 1/2/3/6
    GB+: 0
    GB-: 7 x 1/2/3/6
    Lv: 3
    Guard: Any
    Cancel: -
    Startup: 49
    Active: -
    Recovery: -
    SD: 3
    Comments: # of dolphins = 1 (charge time 1-121F); 2 (122-271F); 3 (272-631F); 6 (632-1113F); or 3 (1114F+). In the last case, the dolphins are released automatically. Starts up the moment the button is released. Listed Startup is for the fastest possible case. When charged, Startup is 17 frames after the button release. Hula-hoop disappears if May gets hit while charging.

• Go, Mr. Dolphin! (Hor) (S) and (H): Added: "SD is based on the fastest possible case from right next to the opponent."
  • Great Yamada Attack: Added: "For the 11 frames following the super-flash, the opponent is frozen. The whale goes through projectiles."
  • Chouzetsu Monzetsu Kirimomi Daisenpuu: Changed name to "Super Screaming Ultimate Spinning Whirlwind" as per English manual. Added: "Dizzy modifier x0."
  • Deluxe Tile Bomber: Added: "Goes through projectiles."
  • May to Yukai na Nakama-tachi: Changed to "May and the Jolly Crew" as per English manual. Added: "Whiff animation: 23F. Can also be input as 6321463214H."
    Edited the footnotes:
    • "*1 Landing recovery on whiff can be cancelled with anything except for ordinary movement. On hit or guard, landing recovery is 5, in crouching state. FRC window is 10-12 frames after hitting or being blocked. Minimum charge time of 30F."
    • removed *2 due to breaking up Applause for the Victim into 2 attacks.

Gatling Table

[*]2K, H are not JCable.

[*]2H is special-cancellable.

[*]Added 2S-H, 2S-2H, 2H-D, 2H-2D.

Edited by rtl42

Sign in to follow this