Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Robot War

Ultra Street Fighter IV (Formally known as Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition)

The most exciting thing about Ultra is not playing Ultra.

So they're going the Hyper SFII route again. No way that edition select will be allowed in tournaments, but it's nice that they're making this a truly complete version of SFIV.

So now people can go back to the old busted versions of characters from years ago? This probably will be banned for EVO but it would be fucking hilarious if it wasn't.

Could you guys imagine if other fighters had Edition Select?

So now people can go back to the old busted versions of characters from years ago? This probably will be banned for EVO but it would be fucking hilarious if it wasn't.

Xrd: ability to choose from any guilty gear prior.

I'm for that because I want myself some more dandy step combos and the old undertow!

It's just for fun, it is not meant to be used as the premiere function.

Tons of games do: some versions of Darkstalkers 3, original port of Arcana Heart let you choose between vanilla and Full characters, heck even CS let you you pick what version of the game you wanted to play and AC had Generations mode

and if you want to be nitpicky EX characters often have older attacks/animations (X Yozansen lol)

It's always a nice function to have, and we'll probably see side tournaments use the setup, possibly even money matches lol.

Blazblue should have this. I'd like to go back to CT Nu. <3

Seriously, I hope they don't use this in ranked online.

Seriously, I hope they don't use this in ranked online.

Same here I'm actually slightly interested in SF, I wouldn't want to come back to it and get swarmed with old edition god tiers online. Also if BB had Edition Select I'd probably be mad, I NEVER want to see Extend Ragna again.

I NEVER want to see Extend Ragna again.

Oh god don't even speak of him. A character that easy had no business being that good.

I'm pretty interested in picking up Ultra though. Abel looks super sick with his Millia roll :)

I'm seeing people on other forums who actually believe this yolo mode is going to become the tournament standard. Yeah, ok, as if the FGC would prefer broken ass Yun vs Sagat matches all day instead of the new version that JUST got rebalanced by community opinion.

I'm also a little concerned about online ranked, but I assume it will Ultra characters only. Combofiend made it sound like it's going to be a separate mode.

If it turns out to be true, that's unfortunate. I was hoping it would be available in at least Player Match.

EDIT: Yeah, it's true. I am seriously disappoint, Capcom.

Sigh...looks like I have to deal with the fact that Capcom hates Bison and wants him to be as bad as Dan/Hakan/T. Hawk.

I want to see CS Rachel vs. CP Makoto. Every single round will end via timeout.

Not only does the edition select thing sound like a fun feature, but it should help put a cork in all the players who complain that they liked it better back when their character was broken enough to give them free wins. Maybe Capcom can implement this feature the next time they port SF3 and we can finally get a balanced version of Third Strike without all the Chun/Ken/Yun players rioting in the streets.

Would be nice if the topic title is/was gonna be hypothetically...Hyper Street Fighter 4 (Form. known as Ultra SF4), but that's something else different. >_>

Honestly, most disappointed that they got rid of her full mask lol.

Dem shank hands! But yeah she looks interesting, but charge moves make me kind = 3= I'm just going to stick with continually improved but still low Juri :s

Or maybe I don't know how to Copy-pasta orz but yeah fixed lul: http://youtu.be/dC-Hl33Xqpk

lol, well I saw the trailer...

I laughed at the intro to be perfectly honest XD

R. Mika just gets owned (sadly) and Retsu just leaves as a lammpshade to his deconfirm at capcom cup

I liked the use of the OVA too at certain points.....and yes....the shank hands XD

Honestly the intro was way more hype :v:

I assume the animations are from her intro and ending, but I wonder if they will do another OVA movie since they did one for both vanilla and Super [both of which were awesome, for Viper owning Cammy and Juri owning Chun-Li respectively :3]

what shall we expect in this OVA? Elena owned by Poison?

....or Dan getting the boot by everyone? XD

Truth be told, I was only excited for this reveal just to see how disappointed everyone else will be. And I got what I hoped for in spades, everyone is super angry right now.