Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rallamajoop

Guilty Gear 2: Overture released

Dear anyone upset because this game isn't 2D:

**** you. You're exactly the same as those fanboy nubs who hate 2D games for not being 3D. Grow up and play games because they're good, not because they aren't confined to the dimensional planes you're accustomed to.

Sincerely,

Fugue.

Not upset this game isn't 2d. I'm upset because this game is pretty awful and was chosen to continue the franchise story. I enjoy a plethora of games ranging from GG to COD 4. I don't care what a game LOOKS like. I care for how they play. My concern is the (fighting) game would change drastically if made into a 3d version of itself and may even lose a lot of its style, flair, or "feel" if you would.

Someone has said Arc is going to continue with the 2d fighters. I don't care if they make another GG game in mother fucking 4-d as long as they stay true to the fighters. I'm not saying a 3d fighter can't be good but GG is GG and I like it how it is. No thats a lie, I love it how it is.

Dear anyone upset because this game isn't 2D:

**** you. You're exactly the same as those fanboy nubs who hate 2D games for not being 3D. Grow up and play games because they're good, not because they aren't confined to the dimensional planes you're accustomed to.

Sincerely,

Fugue.

Dear anyone with a valid complaint against the game:

Please ignore the above comment, it's not directed at you.

Sincerely,

Fugue.

Well, there IS plenty to complain about. The problem with this game, is they did good things and bad things. For instance, Sol walks to slow. Far to slow. And theres no inbetween (high speed an dlow speed is it). Theres also 2 movesets, which is completely un-needed. Theres a moveset for when your locked on, and one for when your not. Its kinda like all range mode, and 2d fight mode. Honestly, they should only need one. And then theres the camera, which is pretty crap, changing angles all the time and making things plain confusing. It also doesnt help that (at least when your Sol) you cant distinguish yourself from your own troops. Your all the same color of read. So all you see is a sea of red.

On the plus side, the RTS stuff is pretty good, well thought out, and neat. They levels are explicitly designed for the gameplay, which is good. This also probobly the only way a 4-player guilty gear could work. Most old guilty gear mechanics are still there also (burst, dashes, roman cancel). The story is also finally continuing, and the final boss is epic. And we got another awesome soundtrack!

Umm, I know that GG is all around magic but...if we put this logic: Nobody can be born and grow up the way Sin is in 2 years. =/ I heard Guilty Gear 2 was taking place 3 years after GGXX.

Umm, I know that GG is all around magic but...if we put this logic: Nobody can be born and grow up the way Sin is in 2 years. =/ I heard Guilty Gear 2 was taking place 3 years after GGXX.

I've heard about five different numbers, but Dizzy was only three years old in GGX, so...

Like I said, it's not directed at you guys.

EDIT: Zinac, are these guesses, or based on translations?

They're based on translations. Lol at Japanese thinking Ky is a lolicon for that btw.

I've heard about five different numbers, but Dizzy was only three years old in GGX, so...

Huh? How do you know she was 3 years old? o.o Well I don't know, I haven't played GGX Plus, but I didn't know Arc revealed the age of any GG character.

where did you find these translations?

Watch the vid Zazz posted

The game takes place 10 years after the original events of GG. I don't know if GGX/GGXX events are even taken into account.

new niconico

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1689334

Stage #13: Ky (Player) & Dr. Paradigm (and his servants) must defend a gate from a massive attack from Valentine's forces. Featuring the Overture version for HOLY ORDERS. Its awesome.

I'll admit that mission looks pretty tight. Music was awesome. Hopefully an OST is released soon.

So with that said, wheres the real story. Why isnt it up yet?

Wait, does that mean this post is true in its entirety?

Cuz if so, alot of people will be unhappy if Daisuke just up and KILLED OFF a few playable characters.

Dizzy don't die. :sad:

Didnt I already say this was how the story would be?

I thought you were just fucking around.

If anyone with any interest in Overture gameplay videos hasn't signed up for nicovideo yet, now might be a very good time to do it - there are tons of gameplay vids showing up. The good news is that several vids are already making their way over to youtube too. The bad news is that the youtube versions seem to be much lower quality, and there aren't nearly so many up. I've linked to both versions where I could find them.

2 vs 2 match vids

Ky

Nico: Round 1, Rounds 2 and 3

Youtube: Round 1, Rounds 2 and 3

Ky (red) and Valentine (green) against Izuna (blue) and Dr Paradigm (white). Lots of familiar moves in Ky's arsensal to see here - right up to the ending pose. Excellent quality vid on Nico - I'd highly recommend that version.

Valentine

Nico: Round 1, Round 2

Youtube: Round 1, Round 2

Valentine (red) and Sin (blue) against Dr Paradigm (white) and another Valentine (yellow).

Sin

Nico video only: Rounds 1 and 2

Sin (red) and Izuna (yellow) versus Dr Paradigm (green) and Sol (blue). Gives us a look at how Sin works when you're actually playing as him rather than against him for a change. There's a brief look at some of Sol's Queen Servants in here too.

Izuna

Nicovideo: Round 1, http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1690277'>Round 2

Youtube: Round 1, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF5RzfGJCcQ'>Round 2

Izuna (yellow) and Dr Paradigm against Sol and Izuna. Fairly standard battle stuff, though this does include our first decent look at Izuna's stage.

Other vids:

Izuna

Nico link

Pretty short, but this gives us a nice look at some of Izuna's Servants. I have to say - from the screenshots, I never imagined the Deidaaras were going to be quite that freaking massive.

Dr Paradigm

Nico link

Pretty similar to Izuna's - complete with surprise giant Servant. I did get the impression from the info on Dr Paradigm's Servants that the Born Biters would have to be important. I didn't realise that meant he had a giant, fire-breathing dragon on his tribe. The vid gives you a pretty good idea of the really unusual way Dr Paradigm fights too - very focused on long range attacks.

You can find everything else for Overture up on Nicovideo under the GG2 tag.

If you need hlep signing up, the registration form is here: https://secure.nicovideo.jp/secure/register and the fields you have to fill in are, in order: Email address, nickname, gender (male on left, female on right), date of birth (year, month, day), location in Japan (I think the last one on the list is 'other', though you could probably get away with selecting anything), password (8-16 characters, enter in both boxes), security question and answer ('What is your mother's maiden name?' kind of thing), account type (check the second box for a free account). On the second page, fill out the prove-you're-not-a-bot part of the form as for for any English sign up, and click the second button from the bottom to confirm. When you've confirmed everything, you'll be sent an email with the activation link, which should log you in automatically. I think there's some kind of limit on maximum number of users who can be online at once, because sometimes all I get is an error screen when I try to view a video no matter what I do. However, when this does happen, usually everything works again when you come back later.

(Drop me a message if any links don't work - haven't double-checked as many as I probably should.)

Ehh...that resistration form doesn't work!!!!!:(

'Fraid not. I finally tracked down some decent answers about how it works (source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8551398) and it turns out that free accounts (apparently including the signup page) are only accessible between 2AM and 7PM Japan time. And in Japan right now, it's 7:25 PM. Try again in seven hours, I guess. :/

If it still doesn't work then, try the instructions at that forum post I linked to - they're clearer than mine.