Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rallamajoop

Guilty Gear 2: Overture released

GG to boundary and xSol Badguy. Pretty fun games. I'm trying to decide on who I want to main now, since I don't really feel like going back to Sol, or Sin, but It's so hard trying to pick up other characters, particularly Valentine, who I want to use so badly.

Well I've always had a soft spot for Ky. He was the first person I mained, but I quickly dropped him once I started getting destroyed left and right with him, I always mess around with Ky here and there, though, but I'm not particularly that good with him, or not as good as I would like to be. The thing I have the most problems with is using him in master combat, I never really know what I want to do, or what I should be doing, since Ky has a lot of flexibility in how you can fight with him, and I haven't really found the way that works best for me.

I'm planning on hitting some GG2 on sunday (feb 14). send a message or something, I should be on in the afternoon. I've been using hunchback more since xSolx has taken more interest in the unit. the result have been favorable. it's strong enough to finnish off and armor you rough it up a bit by itself, so you don't spend so long beating the enemy unit to death in order to free up a ghost. also helps in big servant clashes, since Sol's army is so garbage and needs all the help it can get. the thing takes 15 percent of your tnesion to summon, so be aware of that. carrying a tension potion can really help, it's an Item that is rarely used, but can change the tide of a fight. Ky is beast, his stunedge is unmitigated bullshit, which I love. when I pick someone who isn't Sol, it's like I embark on a magical journey where I can actually reach poeple without running into their face and getting out-zoned.

Ok I've got quite a few things I had in mind of posting so chances are I'm going to forget most of em:v:. 1st off, Good games to all of you. Special thanks to Xithmos for putting up with the 1v1s, they were really fun:keke: 2nd, At that video. They really like to laugh a heck of a lot o.o Lol at the Sol using pencil guys and blockhead xD I'm glad he won though considering he could've won halfway through that video when he killed kimera and the masterghost was at 20 but he messed up hahaha. 3rd, I'm not going to lie, I think ky is the most bothersome character in my opinion. I played a 1v1 ranked with audiohaddock(we made it to round 5 tied and then it froze like usual:vbang:) he played ky I naturally played Sol. We stayed pretty even the entire match and I'm ok with that when fighting ky, but I've got to say the most irritating part of fighting ky and paradigm is obviously that without a doubt, they're going to run to your masterghost at the start and distortion it >.> . I think ky vs Sol can be a pretty decent fight but the overdrives at the beginning kinda tip the scales... 4th, beat quite a few Japanese recently including kou and guilty blood in a valentine only points match :yaaay:, but with Sol I still find hunchback not that great. I'll still use him sometimes, but if I win a match in which I bought a hunchback, all I say to myself is "I wonder if buying that helped or hurt :v:" 5th, I've decided I'll probably sub Raven. I know my subs seem to fluctuate(Izuna and Sin are so cool too o.o) but I can no longer deny the "badassery" that is Raven. *Shivers* 6th, Lol at that one match we had Sol vs Sin on Illiria Xithmos. I had no clue you could tech trap me with Sins x move so many times. Sol recovers -> Sin hits with X -> Sol recovers -> Sin hits with X -> took 400 hp before I could run away:arg: 7th, Ok so it's probably written down in blackgenmas basics on Sol guide, and I knew your attack power increased with 25 and 50 resource for dragon install, but I had no clue your dmg actually gets weaker with 100 resource O.o. Most of it stays the same, but yes some of his moves do slightly more and slightly less than normal. I guess it's only supposed to be used for volcanic viper from hell lol. 8th, Last but not least, Sol combo (L) X, X, X, walk forward (F) X, Y, (L) 2X, Step left, 2X, Step left, 2X, Hunchback (Throw out and hit with Hunchback!!!!) 247 dmg. Copyright:eng101: Not very strong but VERY VERY COOL to hit with the initial throw of Hunchback while bringing him out:yaaay:. Also when I see a master fighting my servents I'll run up behind him, through my hunchback and hit him with it, Step forward X, X, delay, 2X, Step left, 2X, Step left, 2X, Step left, 2X Step left, 2X, 2Y. Who knew Hunchback was a stable combo starter for an easy 275 dmg? Screw using Hunchback to kill servents, xSol Badguy uses it as an attack!

cool stuff xSol badguy, thanks for sharing. I only managed to beat kou once on sunday...and that was against his paradigm,, so I didn't feel very accomplished. we were neck to neck on our Sol vs Sol match though, it was very epic. I got killed by a firewheel while trying to take it down once....damn. I agree with you on the hunchback, you don't really know if it helps you or not sometimes. makes things easier for sure in some situations. in a 2 vs 2 on holy fortress, I was able to maintain a ghost RIGHT in front of xithmos' ghost (who was Sin) despite him sending WAVES of armors and mobiles at it, thanks to hunch back and queen (and myself, naturally). unfortunately, the match got disconnected. you should look for situation where hunchback can give you an advantage, and you'd be surprised what that an entail. one time, I brought it out to counter Izuna's minion, and Izuna's minion casted the Slow spell on hunchback instead of me. I molested Izuna afterwords. :yaaay: I didn't notice that about 100 dragon install. his vv, br, and gf are all enhanced in 100 dragon install. Spam GF like no tomorrow, it's difficult to stop Sol if he gets one out and it only cost 5 percent tension. oh, and GG to you and kou that day, disconnects were stupid though.

I find Kou's Paradigm more annoying than any of his other characters. When he uses paradigm, he can out play me from the servant perspective, but I just beat him up in master combat, even though it's not my favorite way to win.

yeah, same here, I just clobbered him, and sent waves of drills and blades in a desperate attempt to drive him back. I love owning the dragon 1 on 1 with 100 dragon install though, makes you feel badass.

GF is faster, but weaker o.o how strange. Anyway yea I played quite a few 2on2's with kou while he was using paradigm, he seems to push me back a little bit when his teamate helps him but other than that I can hold my own. I lol everytime when his team loses because I killed his master so much xD Edit: I Despise Ky's overdrive. I'm raping a ky in 1v1 I own all ghosts but 1, The screen pauses for his overdrive, I lose 4 drills and 3 blades. That's messed up as shit. I still won though:eng101:

I had no Idea, I must test out the damage output of 100 dragon install the next chance I get. the move is just plain better in 100 dragon install, because it 1) comes out MUCH faster, 2) travel faster, 3) goes farther, 4) costs 1/3rd the amount of a regular gun flame 5) can be spamed rapidly 6) goes through ghost without a hitch. I never paid attention to the damage though. his 100 dragon install also makes his overdrive do over 1000 damage as well, but I don't know if it still has the guard break properties of the regular one, because once I tried to use it as a guard break, but it didn't work. I'm not sure if it was a mistake on my behalf though (I could have sworn it wasn't). power attack hits up to 3 targets at once as opposed to simply 1 (which is a limitation that I despise, seeing as Sol already sucks)

Yea i love tyrant rave in dragon install, it does well over 1000 dmg, and yea the gunflame is definitly better, it's just surprising that it's weaker. Regarding the guard break with tyrant rave(4X, 6X, 2X, Tyrant Rave) I know what you mean, sometimes it doesn't work and they block the whole thing. Sometimes they block all but the last hit :D. In the end I chalk it up to lag.

since you can play the game everyday, tell me just how much dragon install gunflame does in training mode please. I don't want to wait until friday to see the damage output. normally, gunflame does 75 damage.

also, there's a shortcut to the guard break dragon install, its (L)6x, x, a+x, and (L)4x, x, a+x. test it out in training mode, it works perfectly fine. (or it should if I recall correctly)

the guard break is only supposed to hit in the LAST hit of the overdrive. provided they aren't receiving a defense boost from a ghost, it will kill Sin, Valentine, and Paradigm in 1 hit, and they can't burst out of that damage. between you and me, there is a method to escape receiving fatal damage with those characters but (1) you still eat over 200 damage, and (2) you need enough tension to burst.

when characters just get up from being knocked down, it is extremely difficult to break their guard for a few seconds. don't try to do it right after characters get knocked down.

EDIT: I have this sneaking suspicion that you are dead wrong about Sol's damage output for the 100 dragon install. now that I remember it, I WAS testing out the damage output of the 100 DI gunflame before, and it still did 75 damage, same as regular gunflame. that, and there is no mention of damage reduction on his moves in GG2 wiki, and that place has very detailed information about pretty much everything in the game.

like I said before, I would rather not wait till Friday to test this out, so please do us a favor and confirm 1) the damage out put for regular Sol's moves and 2) the damage out put for the same moves with 100 dragon install.

if someone else could whip that out really quick, that would be nice.

Okay lets see, -----------------------Normal --- Dragon install 100 Guard Breaker-----------150------------150 GF:---------------------75-------------60 BR 2 Hits:---------------101-----------101 4Y/6Y 1 Hit:-------------60------------82 Tyrant rave 1 Hit:-------240-----------405 Tyrant rave 2 Hits:------600-----------1023 Hunchback Throw--------50-------------50 All regular moves that I tested stayed the same, 8X, 2X, 4/6X etc. The second hit of the normal tyrant rave will do 480 if the previous 4/6X, 2X, Tyrant Rave(1 hit) is blocked. With 100 DI it will do 825. Edit: had to replace spaces with hyphens since dustloop doesn't permit spacing I guess. Questions?:eng101:

Ok I played protect the gate and Even If I reached out on hard to have fun with Hunchback. And it was:yaaay:. But it's really more of a necessity in that situation than in an online battle. However I didn't know you could heal the gate with potions and healing rods lol. And paradigm is way more helpful on that mission than I though, 200 dmg to all units hit with his effect:keke:. BTW interesting side note. Ravens 6X spin kick does exactly 69 dmg. Also, Sins 1st hit of beak driver? 69 damage.

the raven and the sin thing......how is that relevant?:psyduck:

and yeah, those missions are AWESOME! and what makes them better? HUNCHBACK.

complete protect the gate on hard with paradigm, it will give you an ulcer.

or better yet, Raven. if there's any mission that displays how crap he is at crowd control without his slow fields, try protect the gate on hard with him. :vbang:

Edit: you said in those situations, that hunchback was more of a neccesity. no, not true. just like in the matches, he's a luxury, you don't need him in those missions. Sol functions perfectly fine in them wihtout him. the effect on the battles that he had in those missions is similar to what he has in matches: he makes fighting and dealing shit easier.

did you try out the hunch back against the armor elites? did you notice how it kicked their asses? did you notice that bone biter is a joke when you pull out a hunchback? if paradigm is fighting the bone biter and I have to stop a charolette, I pull out hunch back and it saves the doctor (sometimes....) diddo with the charolette, though it's difficult for the hunchback to get in range of an elite unless another unit is drawing attention away form it.

or how about the big group at the end of protect the gate? hunchbacks help draw attention and such. if they are given the chance to chilliball, they are a real help to a fight even if you have your servants out. it's very effective way to make a squad stronger by tossing a hunchback with them. won't stop masters, but not many units do. remeber that I said a hunchback can kill an armored unit by itself if the unit is rughed up a bit (like 2/3 or 1/2 or their health left)

I know Hunchback isn't all that, but he can make life easier if you carfully acertain when you can make use of the unit. and for the love of god, if the enemy is spamming armors, make use of him, unless you would rather carry about a block head.

Edit(2): I stole your Idea for an avatar.

the raven and the sin thing......how is that relevant?:psyduck:

My friend and I laugh at how stupid it is that people find the number 69 funny, so in turn, we laugh when we see it.:v:

Edit(2): I stole your Idea for an avatar.

Bastard:gonk:"gonk?"

Anyway, I'm going to try to use hunchback more, I noticed kou used it in a Sol 1v1 on me so what the heck, I'll try it out. I'm not expecting to use it on valentine/raven though. Not very logical, plus I beat kou's raven without it so meh.

One last note. I can't believe how useless izunas invisibility is. Yes yes, you can do "recon" trips and hit an unexpecting master for extra damage, but here's the kicker, when you turn invisible....you get a green up arrow!!! Gah! I don't use it enough to ACTUALLY be bothered by it, but I'm really bothered by the stupidity that you go invisible and instead of the master running around, you see a green arrow. Seriously, how stupid is that?

you know, I never noticed that about Izuna's invisible stuff. I never see the guy at all, so are you sure about that?

and I was dead wrong about it being for recon, I gotta change that.

EDIT: tldr in advance: 1 vs 1 is hard.

I am beginning to hate 1 vs 1, I understand why ayumu dislikes it so much. I fought a Ky player that wasn't that great about 4 times, usually I lose all my 1 vs 1 matches, but I managed to scrape up a legitimate win in one match, and did decently in 2 others even if I lost. I am improving, but I have to try very hard every match I play.

I don't get it, what the fuck were the development team thinking when they made Sol. The Ky player would occasionally use a tactic in fights where if he managed to knock me down, he would use that opportunity to run into a group of his servants. his servants are aggressive and a fucking swordsmen takes away 1/5 of my heath in a lucky strike.

now, this doesn't mean I lost to him because of it, because when I noticed he was doing this tactic, the last time he tried it, I killed him in his group of servants anyway. I'm just annoyed on how Sol's servants Don't compliment him. masters can sit back in a group of their servants and get a lot of protection from them, but that tactic is hardly viable for Sol unless you have an elite out. they are weak, short range, un-aggressive, stupid units. Sol is an amputee who cannot outzone anyone, and can be outzoned by everyone, so if he wants to make headway, he's gonna have to dive in that group of servants and kill the mofo regardless. if the mofo is throwng projectiles at you or is relying on a servant that does that, it only makes you more badass when you manage to kill him.:cool:

did anyone notice that his range unit doesn't have much range? it's projectile eventually hits the floor, so it doesn't go very far compared to other units :psyduck:

when Ky is beating up my units, there is a high chance that if I run at him with reckless abandon, I will get caught up in his servant slaying combo. :gonk:

I hate bananas.

xSol badguy, tell me some cool 1 vs 1 you had playing Sol and win. tell me how you won with him. it is hard, every time I push, and get far, there's an army waiting for me that's ALWAYS more formidable than mine. I am usually forced to win by CD the enemy master, and wailing on his ghost. because I'm not super efficient in blocking his mana income and such.

dragon install cleans up ghosts, I'm starting to use the dragon install skill a lot more now.

I wish blockhead was a regular non-elite magic unit that didn't cost 400 mana to release. I'd actually use it then.

Yea go test izunas invisibility in training, look for the green arrow and you'll see it. The only plus to izunas invisibility is that If you buy another one right after you use it, you'll have enough time to use it right when your other one runs out. Don't let that change your mind though of course, it's still absolutely worthless. Been a while since I lost to a nooby ky, but yea, losing to noobs always sucks, I still think the only thing about ky that bothers me is his rediculous overdrive. I'm ok with his easy tensionless combos of doom but the overdrive just overdoes it. It also bothers me that no one uses his divine gaze, I LOVE that skill, reglardless of how bad it is I think it is absolutely badass. Also his magic unit is kinda bullshit if you ask me, I mean come on, a portable "Anti-Everything" rod? Gimme a break. Ah well. For the servant part I have to disagree, the more and more I use drills, the more and more I love them. If someone jumps in the air and I manage to hit them with *any*thing, Often times a drill will do his backflip attack to keep them in the air long enough for me to pull off an entire 2x combo. They're not swordsman good, but I love em to death. Besides you can summon 3 drills at the start, swordsman have to wait a bit which is nice however insignificant it is. I gotta say I can actually go into a group of enemy servents and ass-rape the master because he's lulled into a false sense of security. Just make sure you remember to through a gunflame out every now and then to knock his servants to the floor so it leaves just you two. You can obviously through up a scarecrow if you feel like it but I never use items so meh. I like to use x, x, x, gunflame, walk forward, (F) 8x. It does good damage and seperates a master from his servents. That or you can run in there and hope their in their organ so you can just (F) 8x without any trouble. You can ALSO run in there do a j.y, MC, (F) 8x. The fire and blast from the j.y seems to distract them enough for me to pull it off. These are my ways of beating a master who's hiding behind his servents, go with what works for you. Sucks about his range units. I'd really use them more if they were unlocked at the start like gateau skins but they're just a waste to unlock as well. Something needs to be done about their mana cost. Which servant slaying combo are you talking about just so I know, I've got my own that I use so I'm just curious if it's the same. I fucking hate bananas. I've had some REALLY good 1v1's recently. Only 1 was with pandak. Quite a few with Kou and audiohaddock. I really like kou because we get along well and knows some english. Just today I had a 1v1 with Guilty blood. He was ky, I was Sol. It was pretty much like every match I've ever fought. We both had our ups and downs. My down like usual occurred when I forgot to keep using my mana. Anyway Getting around the end we both had relatively even ghosts in a way that we both had to have units at our master ghosts which were both almost dead, He tried to advance to the ghosts by his master ghosts, I went into 50 dragon install, hits some units, ran up to him, 4x, 2x, Tyrant Rave, 500 something damage. Raped his already almost dead master ghost. The end. And yes I sent him a message "Guilty Blood wa doko desu ka" and he confirmed it really was him...Woot:yaaay: To help you out I'd probably have to watch some of your replays, but I would say 1. download my upload, xSol Badguy(So) vs Gale913(So) was a pretty good match. 2. Always remember to buy DI and often times CJ. 3. I buy engulfer before fire wheel because I already have plenty of melee units, I don't feel like I need the elite so soon. 4. Remember to buy Dispels relatively quickly and anti-rods right before a round ends. 5. Play more GG2. I'd share more but I don't know how relevant it would be plus I'm a grinch who doesn't always share everything anyway:keke: lol. Sorry for the long post. Had to be done, this thread is dead enough as it is.

Oh and play practically any song featuring Hatsune Miku while you play too. Hasn't failed me yet:eng101:

no, no, he wasn't a noob, he was...moderate. he wasn't an expert, but he knew what he was doing. around my level you can say, better than me actually. (uh, I don't think I'm a noob...) I just didn't think he was all that. your crazy, drills are horrible, lol. when we see the drill do a juggle, boundary dubs it "Drill combo # 47", and always remarks that there should be a combo video featuring nothing but drill juggles, lol. I'll try to do 2x juggles from the strike from now on. yeah, post long post if you got good info to share. and this thread isn't gonna die until I'm here talking to my self, LOL. if your a grinch, you hamper the development of the community. that's why jp fighting game communities and the like develop on a higher level then the U.S.A., because they share all their info with one another. if you find out something really cool share it. I myself actually like to release firewheel right after my queen recently. here's my new strategy as opposed to my old one... old strategy: kinda spam drills, then unlock queen as soon as you are comfy with the drills you have. buy queen and buy elites starting with engulfer then firewheel, and finally, lose the match. :psyduck: new strategy: spam drills like no tomorrow, take control of as many ghosts as possible, and feel free to unlock blades as soon you you feel you can spare it. unleash blades, buy queen as soon as you can after you see an opportunity. the sooner she is out, the better, but make sure your units are stable. then, use queen as often as possible, to either 1) take care of armors, or things you don't have time to mess with, or 2) to back you up in a fight that you see coming between you and an enemy master. she is good back-up if you coordinate her destination with yours, and she lowers enemy attacks, so that's good too. Release the fire wheel. use it for whatever. I don't like using bodyguards unless I'm doing something special. if you plan to do a master ghost rush, then yeah, bring this baby out first. engulfer after that. I don't know, GG2 wiki says it's weaker than the engulfer, and not as good, but it has a lot of potential uses if you use it for something other than a standard unit on the field. I ignore that part, and just use it as another unit on the field. this guy is the best body guard and master ghost defender though. its item lock will shut down rushes like it's nobody's business, and is the same reason it's a good body guard. him and engulfer rape masterghosts. I bring out gigant if I feel I need some SEROUS muscle, and in 1 vs 1, that's almost never. I use it a lot more in 2 vs 2. so most of the time, engulfer is the last elite unit I usually bring out, but I like the big fat thing, so I'm not opposed to making use of it. lol, block head, lol, pencil guys. I only ever consider using pencil guys against valentine and raven. I never consider using blockhead...like ever. I only do it in 2 vs 2 just because I think the unit is cool, but from the little experience I've had with it.....it doesn't make that much of a difference. it heals any ally though, including Sol and ally masters and units. it's the most awesome gimmick unit you'll ever see. god damn, it takes forever for the unit to get from point A to point B. so, as you can see, my new strategy uses muh more thought power. I have to use blades in most situations, because they are actually decent units (still stupid, still overpriced, but decent) they add to Sol's manpower. I actually bring them out even if there are mobiles about now, because that's how good they are (of coarse, I don't let them get slaughtered by them) 2 vs 2 is addicting, I like 1 vs 1, but it's 2 vs 2 that makes me love the game so much. avoid being killed by Sol's overdrive guard crush by side stepping the second he activates the overdrive. you will get hit with the first strike ( so you have to have a certain amount of health to escape it alive) and then burst. if you are low on health, or on tension, your not escaping it. heaven's libra and quadra baliff are both extremely powerful elites, I hate them SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. quadra balliff is jus too powerful for his own good, and makes fighting Ky or Sin (both with already powerful range game) next to impossible to defeat. I have done it before, but that's because the unit was ignoring me or whatever. heaven's libra is UNMITIGATED BULLSHIT. the unit ALREADY does ASS LOADS of damage WITHOUT the fucking defense debuff (100 damage per strike, and 50 for the little explosion that follows) they NEED to tone this fucker down, it's nigh impossible to win a fight with this moron backing up his already "strongest army in the game" again, I have doe it before, but this thing is ridiculous regardless. look at this guy and look at blockhead, it invokes a big "what the fuck ARC SYSTEM WORKS?" Jesus Sol's army sucks so much in the face of Ky's. oh yeah, soul diver is awesome, I love it. make my already over-powered units even harder to kill? hell yeah! does it work on ally masters as well? I gotta test that out. to help deal with master who like to overdrive your shit when your away in 2 vs 2, consider using a p-drive on your units, it raises their defense by....300% (no lie) but it lowers their attack by 30% too, lasts for 30 seconds. its really helpful for when you don't want your units to get raped, so put it on them before you leave them alone.