Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikachiru

[CT-CS2] Carl Clover Loke Test

8]D[ is completely useless outside of combos if it's both airblockable AND interruptible. What's the sense of using a move that is worse in almost every way to Brio? It's already pretty easy to evade or counter for most of the cast.

Having it remove a primer feels like a really shitty replacement. I rarely ever guardbreak and I mostly play vs a Tao, it's just not something that Carl needs; mixups, crossups, and unblockables are basic utensils for him.

3C launching is kinda funny because if memory serves you can do 3C -> 3C ... at least I've done it in training a few times on accident. It'll be interesting to see where that takes us. 8D is really frustrating tho. i'm hoping it will be like 5b jc on block from the CS loktesting.

I can see the Anima thing being pretty usefull tho. if you cant poke her out of it, their only option is to back up (yay negative) wait and break the throw or to jump out. either way it's a hairy situation. if they break the throw it gives you time to get in on them and if they jump out you can predict and try to punish. I like this anima thing. I've always wanted it to have applications.

on a side note, there is a loketest discussion thread, why we posting here lol.

Now I think about it anima having super armor is wonderful. People like to just run up and poke at her, sometimes using 5A/2A, close range pokes. With super armor, she won't stop, so if you they are not careful with their poking the throw will be a counter throw, aka untechable, into free combo. Anima leads into easy 4.5k meterless combos.

This is great. Although anima is slow at least this adds a need super armor move, and this could end up getting more use than 4D cause even if you're add the end of the screen you can combo after a CH anima unlike 4D which requires you to be close. 4D still has it's application ofcourse.

I hope this change stays, but if it's in exchange for 8D then I want mah 8D back lol.

I can see the Anima thing being pretty usefull tho. if you cant poke her out of it, their only option is to back up (yay negative) wait and break the throw or to jump out. either way it's a hairy situation. if they break the throw it gives you time to get in on them and if they jump out you can predict and try to punish. I like this anima thing. I've always wanted it to have applications.

on a side note, there is a loketest discussion thread, why we posting here lol.

Exactly, if they break the throw then depending on how faw you are you can IAD j.B 5A 5B 6B 6D vivace so atleast you get them sandwiched.

Quick and honest question. I've been playing Carl since August, but the problem is, I've been playing Pad all this time. Now, I believe myself to be quite the average Carl, and I've won my fair share of matches on PSN. But I feel that I'm lacking something. Did my research, and figured that that something I need to accel to advanced/tourney-level play is an Arcade Stick. Would that truly help me attain that level of yes?

(tl;dr;too formal: What arcade stick do I get to get better with Carl)

It's not guaranteed that an arcade stick will make you better. I play on the 360 analog, most of you guys are probably loling right now, and I don't feel that a stick would drastically increase my potential from what it is right now. Infact I could get worse. I would suggest try playing carl on a friends stick first or at an arcade assuming there is a scene in your area. Play using stick for a while, I don't know how long exactly, and see how things are turning out. I know some people who spent the money on a stick, thinking they'll get better, only to learn how to play with a stick, see no improvement or actually got slightly worse, sell the stick or keep it, and continue using their pad.

Can someone explain exactly what this means?

Carl

+ 3D's effect also triggers on airborne opponents. This basically allows Carl to go into a ground combo from anywhere.

It's the low spin and normally if you hit airborn say after a tech trap they would fly into the air, now what happens?

Also, does anyone know the reasoning behind this?

"In General Nanto ka!'s blog, it says that the strongest characters at the loketest are Jin, Rachel and Carl"

Hmm, that probably means when you're hit in the air by it you'll be taken back on to the ground standing or something.

I mean, if you're hit in the air by it, you'd probably be pretty close to the ground anyway, so it wouldn't be too weird. I'm guessing you'd be using it as an anti-jump out mechanism now.

Anima with super armor properties seems nice. I’m sure that move will have some midgame use. Also 3]D[ with force standing when the rival is knock down will have some nasty uses.

But making 8]D[ blockable? That is an horrendous mistake... 8]D[ is good for the purpose that it can’t be blocked.

If they make that move blockable the only use for 8]D[ will be on combos.

Updated 2nd post.

8]D[ airblockable makes me real disappointed.

If it's a high move level, get ready for long block stun/guranteed guard break and staling tactics with J.AxN, 8]D[, Land, J.AxN, 8]D[, Land, J.AxN, 8]D[, Land, J.AxN, 8]D[, Land, J.AxN, 8]D[, Land, J.AxN, 8]D[

Actually nirvana will probably run out of meter before you can even guard break a 4 primer character. At full health she can only do 8D like 5/6 times. By the time you get them to their last primer they'll barrier, taking 1/3 of their barrier each time. So it's 3 8Ds to get to their last primer, and 3 more to break the last one. By the time you break it she'll be out, carl would do a solo combo, and the proration because of the guard crush would kill the already measly solo combo. Add that to the fact that now they can do what they want cause she's out. This is all for a 4 primer character.

5 and beyond will be almost impossible to break, unless they've already burst which will put them at 3 primers requiring 5 8D's, or they had to block nirvana's guard breaking moves before hand.

Also, all this is under the assumption that when you got them in the j.A mash 8D trap nirvana had full health, so i'm being ideal which isn't going to be the case in a real match.

In other words guard breaking with 8D is worthless cause the damage dealth afterwards is minimal (most likely solo carl combo coupled with proration after guard breaking), nirvana will break just to gurad break your opponent (assuming she's at full health when you started), and you'll be left defenseless afterwards.

once they get to the last primer, we use Fermata. =P

Wouldn't they fall to the ground before fermatta hits :?:. I guess it depends on what height you start the j.Axn 8D. Hmmm,never thought of that, but then you'd need 50 heat at the moment which could pose some problems.

Dammit Arc just give us the old 8D back. j.Axn 8Dx1 is definitely much better :bad:. I don't see this change staying though, lol, well we'll see by loctest 3. If it's still in then we'll see by 4. If it's still there then :vbang:

yeah, Fermata takes (2) primers. It's all good

i assume we'd have about 30% heat gain after looping it a few times.

Maaaaaaaaaaan I'm gonna love anima!!!! Yep, I'm liking what I'm seeing. Besides 8D of course. 3D is pretty hilarious as well.

Also Nirvana still recovers at a very acceptable rate. =)

Lol guys that 3D pickup is mad crazy yo. Lol i don't think it will stay though. it could be a bit too good. This forces you to quick get up/neutral everytime now.

Just off the top of my head.

-3D on wakeup vivace A IAD j.2C allecan, Depending on when you activate 3D, when it hits, and when you vivace A this could be a crossup. If they happen to block it you could IAD j.2c allecan afterwards into sandwich

-3D gear super unblockable

-3D 6C RC 6C/2B/IAD j2.C allecan

This is really good. He almost becomes like litchi, forcing a neutral at all times.

Anima super armor is just wonderful. The carl vs jin vid showed exactly what I wanted to see. Poking at her only to get grabbed. That is just wonderful. 4D wasn't good enough. You had to be close to combo off it, and that was the only thing your opponent had to look out for when poking at her, assuming you didn't have 50 heat to do rhapsody ofcourse.

In the end though I'm still salty about 8D. I'd like to see his changes in loke3. I personally want 8D back, and SA anima. I don't really care about 3D pickup. Now don't get me wrong I want it lol, but if he gets his 8d back and keeps SA anima, then 3D pickup will be a bit too much, and I'm 100% sure people will start to seriously complain about carl. So if something has to go, I wouldn't mind 3D, but 8D definitely needs to come back. Without unblockable 8D, 3D pickup wouldn't be good cause when you go for a reset they'll just jump everytime. Something has to keep the opponent grounded.

we're comparing Nirvana's 3D pickup to Tager's gadget finger pickup.

ROTFLMAO, now I get it. Good one gais. Lol everyone seems to be better at things that are specific to tager. Haz/bang are better grapplers than tager (lol platinum probably will too), and 3D pickup is a better gadget finger.

for real... except you have way more + frames.

lol you mean pretty much complete control the whole time XD

Yup. GADGET TWIRL. You heard it here first. :v:

3d + 2b/3c is going to be legit anti rolling.

Though I wonder if its possible to 2 hit clap anymore (I didn't see any in the vids).

2 Hit Clap + 3d !

I was watching some vid of the last loketest. Im not sure, but it look that you can still do the old combos and 2d loop. Also the dmg havent changed.

Its my idea? seems that nirvana have more moves with super armor proprierites?

Loss of the 2 Hit clap would make Fermatta fairly un-useful again :S

Also, i like "Gadget-go-round" better than Twirl lol.