Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

Simple QA Thread. Post simple questions here!

Please post simple one sentence questions here. Expect 2 or 3 sentence responses. I figured this thread would help keep other topics from being hijacked by easy "how 2 do supar moove?" kind of questions. GO!

i thought the discussion thread was for more general stuff, and for like, actual discussion, not QA. well, if it is, mods please delete this thread

So next time I ask something, I should post it here not in Ky-Kiske Info/Combos Thread [Accent Core] ? Very well. I'll post it here if have something to ask.

I can understand what shtkn is going with here. I will keep it here for general questions but I will say this. IF your question is something involving the Basic FAQ because you were too ignorant to go past it and post your question here, it shall be deleted with valid reason. All Im saying is, READ THE FAQ FIRST!! If your answer isnt there, post here.

I'd like to ask about pressure thing. Using TK SE (S) for pressure...is that good? I do this for mix up purpose so example like this.... 5K > 5S > TK SE (S) [FRC] > IAD j.S > j.P > land > Throw Because I don't find the usage of j. SE (S) [FRC] lately. Any opinion? Somebody have a better set up for this? THX...

I don't see anything wrong with that setup. As for additional uses for ASE (S)... One setup (theoretical, i've never tried) is if you jump in and the opponent is going to 6P you, do the close air stun edge, frc, and combo. So something like ASE(S) > FRC > j.S, land, combo might have some potential.

Ahh.. you re right! When the opponnent using an anti air. I thing using ASE (S) is the right choice. Hmmm...what about dealing someone who has 6P invulnerability. Like Johnny's? The ASE will only past over him, won't it?

maybe, maybe not. 6Ps have upper body invincibility (slayer's has full, but what slayer uses 6P as anti air?), so the fireball will hit them once it touches the lower half of hte enemie's body. Depending on positioning, the firebally may go behind the enemy and miss their lower half of the body, but that's on a case by cae basis.

I'm legally blind so...none. lol. I just have the timing of them down, except standing SE FRC which I'm spotty on getting.

What visible cues do you use for Ky's FRC's?

see beginner guide. I think the only one i don't mention in there is hte frc point on sacred edge

What visual / timing cues do you guys use to link something like 2K or 2P after 6K? I couldn't find the answer in either the combo or beginners guide. :keke:

I'm legally blind

so...none. lol. I just have the timing of them down, except standing SE FRC which I'm spotty on getting.

I mentioned it a long time ago but basically its when the flaps of his coat stop animating. Other than that i do everything with timeing.

What visual / timing cues do you guys use to link something like 2K or 2P after 6K? I couldn't find the answer in either the combo or beginners guide. :keke:

Usually I see his crouching's frame.

But I'm not sure it'll help much.

Just get the timing by practicing is the best.

And one thing... Don't spam the input.

It won't connect with spamming. Just like slayer's gatling...

2P is much easier to connect than 2K.

But of course with 2K U can deal more damage from it.

Question... Do you have a good combo started with...back air dash j.S? I often use it for oki? Anyone?

Usually you can go for a simple knockdown such as j.S (back AD) into 5S-5H-2D or you could go for damage with 5S-2D-Sphere. Just look what you're going for. Most of Ky's normals (besides the H ones) can combo from j.S.

Oh...nice THX for the answer. Gotta practice more....And showing our match video to dustloop....soon

Cupui: Personally, this is when I'm most 'tempted' to use the j.S , and since I'm usually a bit far, I simply go 2D xx Sacred Edge, then 6HS, IAD j.S,j.HS VT/LJ. It's easily hit confirmable. Some consider this a waste of tension. I like it.

@ alpha: Nice. I'd like to say waste of tension...but I'll say it's stylish don't worry. I also do something like that...sometimes expecially for finishing moves. And so many japanese players do that. They don't care about damage too much. But They are stylish haahahaha...! Example: Throw> FRC > 2P > 2P > 5P > j.P>j.S >dj.S> Dj.HS> VT Disgusting damage....But it's cool....Stylish and really hard to do...grahh... @eien When he's far away....Use stun edge When he come from above or IAD use 6P The key is on okizime, set up and pressure. Slayer doen't have a wake up moves. Except his Super moves. So U can do all of those without hesitation on slayer. Good luck