Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

Simple QA Thread. Post simple questions here!

Combo example for the VT loop thing: On Millia midscreen: run in 2D > SVT + Followup > S > 2HS > TK VT + Followup > 2P > S > 2HS > HS VT + Followup

Some of that stuff looks really silly >_>; I don't get what the point of most of those things is.... S>2HS xN isn't very advanced imo lol

Those are more of the same terrible lolky videos aren't they? Seems like the same guy.who gave us such awesome classics as 100% tension combos that did quarter life, VT > RC > VT, sweep RC > stun edge and shit. I thought it was just comedic value stuff. I remember "elegant" being in the description for those too. Regarding "DGE" looks like he's referring to the elbow. Japan has scrubs too you know, they don't all know what they're doing. edit: YEAH the second video is the one we've all seen/know and love, STUN DIPPER RC > STUN EDGE SON. Then again, I can't read japanese, maybe he's saying "hey guys don't do this shit ok"

i could tell that DGE was the elbow but what does DGE actually stand for? Dat Gotdang Elbow? Doom Gloom Elbow?

i'm just learning about option select...so i'm wondering about this situation. I get knocked down, and do wakeup TK'ed RTL, and opponent blocks it. If I hold back and press P and H at the same time, will I be able to break the opponents throw attempt? If the opponent tries some other crap, will I be able to stuff it with the P?

AC Ky forever. Slash Ky is better due to dumb properties of moves, AC is better for having much more options and seems more like a Guilty Gear character. Stun Edge is still good, you just have to use tension with it now. Really, to me, he's not as "good" per se, at least not in the context of the games, but still a better design. Blade: j.H, frc air stun edge and air force break.

He just does so little damage in AC, he doesn't feel like an AC character, but his mixup game is pretty boss, and his throw combos are pretty fun.

He's always done so little damage. He didn't do big damage in Slash either. His ability to crank the guard bar is about as good. Damage overall is much higher in Accent Core, possibly even including him.

I know damage is higher (Except maybe #R Raoh/Eddie [lol]), I would have guessed his being top tier would have something to do with being over the top with damage, not pinning people in the corner like Sagat. Or comboing into his instant kill.

Yeah...that's not even possible. There are some obscure situations where it will hit in a combo iirc, but it won't kill them, or even do damage. Top tier doesn't always mean highest damage output, no, it can mean that the character has the easiest, most reliable ways to net damage. Say a character can do 40% every time off of most any random hit whereas another character can do 80% off of a setup in the corner. The character doing 40% anywhere is better, it will happen much more often, and possibly before the other character even has the tension or other criteria needed to do his damage. I think I just compared Slash Sol and I-no or something.

Slash Sol didn't actually need any setup to do 200++ damage, iirc just with 50% tension, he's good to go... but yeah 40% constant damage output is much better than 80% from specific setup ... anyway lvl 5 SE is a real pain in the neck to deal with i already forgot how to deal with it and if in slash, he has TKCSE i think i'm going to kill myself :)

Yeah that's what I was saying Slash Sol didn't need to set up anything, he was the random hit guy in the comparison while I-no was the setup one.

oh yeah, I was going to mention that. It was much easier to combo into, but far from guaranteed. f.S > slide was that shit.

best move in slash is indeed 2HS pressure of 2HS make se look good se is at least not as broken as HS Exe beast now

Those are more of the same terrible lolky videos aren't they? Seems like the same guy.who gave us such awesome classics as 100% tension combos that did quarter life, VT > RC > VT, sweep RC > stun edge and shit. I thought it was just comedic value stuff. I remember "elegant" being in the description for those too.

Regarding "DGE" looks like he's referring to the elbow. Japan has scrubs too you know, they don't all know what they're doing.

edit: YEAH the second video is the one we've all seen/know and love, STUN DIPPER RC > STUN EDGE SON. Then again, I can't read japanese, maybe he's saying "hey guys don't do this shit ok"

That's just funny.

Kusoru is great with Sol. You hatin. Havent seen anyone do BR FRC to the sky ftw in a real match have you? Sure he has no skill in real matches but he got pretty combos.