Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vegta12

Critiques to my videos and comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcKtnOdEVdw Robo-ky vs Ino

don't ask my why i did those 2 random supers :X sometimes when my hand is going over the controller quick, i do a super instead of a note. i find robo-ky a hard as hell match-up. It has great pressure, fast fall, good defense, and we can't get him off that dam mat, so he can gain power all the live long day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox8OuDe6kK4 Millia vs Ino

I think this is an even match-up. no complaints here. Who ever gets locked in the corner is going to get hurt. You are probably going to end up more in the corner cause she is so fast. It also helps if I dont become brain dead and frc correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfu3P4cis9s Johnny vs Ino

I think this is an even match from me and stone playing. I don't have too much say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw8fWKpaHmw Venom vs Ino

I think Ino has some tools that help against venom but it can be a tough match. Atleast what I saw in chaz and blackvenom video.

well does anyone else have any comments on these match-ups and any critiques

I'm about to watch your vids. (in between doing other things away from the computer) right now and will offer my advice in a little while. I just wanted to say, I wish we had more threads like this and I find Robo-Ky an above average challenge too.

Robo-Ky: First thing I notice, don't use your burst as a reaction tool. (prematurely) It's probably not in your best intrest to open any air attack with HS, since it can't be followed by any other normal attack. You seem to really panic once your health gets low. I thought you had the first round in your hands but it slipped away. When I get nervous because of low health I tend to let them rush me into a TK'd UF. It usually turns things around rather quick. If you have the tension, TK'd UF, 5HS, TK'd CL (360 not 7/9), FRC, 66, S, HS, S-Dive. (You may be able to continue that further too.) Another thing is that you use the Dives for mobility alot and when you airdash it's always fairly high. Perhaps you should just perform a normal jump and airdash on the fall. (unless you're able to low instant airdash) It tends to surprise opponents more often and allows you to ariel combo very close to the ground. I'll have to do the rest later, but I think overall you do pretty good.

Robo-Ky:

First thing I notice, don't use your burst as a reaction tool. (prematurely) It's probably not in your best intrest to open any air attack with HS, since it can't be followed by any other normal attack. You seem to really panic once your health gets low. I thought you had the first round in your hands but it slipped away. When I get nervous because of low health I tend to let them rush me into a TK'd UF. It usually turns things around rather quick. If you have the tension, TK'd UF, 5HS, TK'd CL (360 not 7/9), FRC, 66, S, HS, S-Dive. (You may be able to continue that further too.) Another thing is that you use the Dives for mobility alot and when you airdash it's always fairly high. Perhaps you should just perform a normal jump and airdash on the fall. (unless you're able to low instant airdash) It tends to surprise opponents more often and allows you to ariel combo very close to the ground.

I'll have to do the rest later, but I think overall you do pretty good.

well yeah i know better that you cant really just jump in at robo-ky, its a dumb reaction i need to fix with the jump HS. the thing that adds to the robo-ky match-up is me and my brother has played a lot against each other. If i try to fake a move, he is gonna instantly throw me it sucks :( thanks for your tidbit

glad to see it! i found it so familiar,because i also recorded some videos against ro some days before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_OJPsfLPqQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfuhshO2vLY

I am not really good at Critiques at others.

Use more throw and take care of ro's 623hs when he has got power,then you can be stronger.

I have affliction against ro too.

Where should I be advanced to beat ro?

I still have lot to improve. My defendence is not so good(bad maybe),and dont know when to attack effectively.I offen got a counter when attacking. Actually I got few winning matches. Ino is so weak in AC,so we ino players should work hard together to make her more powerful. To tell the truth,I found it reall friendly when I saw others playing ino.It feel just like that I find a brother who wil teach me more and help me.

conan, you should of posted those vids in the robo ky matchups section. anyway, offensively your I-No is decent. Defensively, she's horrible. I think that Robo-Ky player could read your every move. He was baiting things left and right and the whole time you didn't seem to change anything up. (IE see you eating his knee rocket in the 2nd match vid) also, IMO you shouldn't be using 2k to open up so much, I know it's a good poke but it depletes your damage so much that any tension or anything else used aferwords is just a waste. I don't know if you're planning to play that Robo-Ky player again but I did notice that he values tension via mat alot. You can really exploit that aspect of his gameplay. Also I noticed he perfectly baited your lasting desperation. (the same exact way he baited your bust) I know sometimes you just have to do it to get out of pressure but I think if you would of let him make the first attack and used a dead angel instead it would have put you in a much better position.

I still have lot to improve.

My defendence is not so good(bad maybe),and dont know when to attack effectively.I offen got a counter when attacking.

Actually I got few winning matches.

Ino is so weak in AC,so we ino players should work hard together to make her more powerful.

To tell the truth,I found it reall friendly when I saw others playing ino.It feel just like that I find a brother who wil teach me more and help me.

Some counters can really work out in your favor. If you use STBT (s) and you both get a counter it will launch the opponent and you'll be able to recover from their hit in time to still combo off the launch. (with most things, obviously some opponents have things that you won't be able to recover from in time)

conan, you should of posted those vids in the robo ky matchups section.

anyway, offensively your I-No is decent. Defensively, she's horrible. I think that Robo-Ky player could read your every move. He was baiting things left and right and the whole time you didn't seem to change anything up. (IE see you eating his knee rocket in the 2nd match vid)

Thanks for your directions.I think you have pointed out the root.

I circulated the same action and he made use of it.So he shoot straight me all along.

I should alternate actions in future matches.

It seems he's trying to read me for every motions.I should learn from him.

I think Vegta12 did better in these parts.

Thank all of you above.I'll try to improve it.

May I piggyback the thread?

Grim (Sol) vs. Monz (I-No)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AZQGeKAE7CY - part 1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Ih-nMxTDtE - part 2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pr-qEFHw3Os - part 3

There's like over 20 minutes spread over 3 parts; I really appreciate it if you take the time to watch even one. All in all, my execution was ok and is usually a lot better; wouldn't say it's disastrous but I did miss all my 5K HCLs and messed up a TK UF combo. Criticism is most welcomed and appreciated.

Thoughts on first vid: You're on stick right? I think you're trying to do combos you can't. It seems you never get past the 4th or 5th hit in your combos. You should try to do things that are easier instead of going for the flash. I also you noticed you throw out alot of pokes but never really follow them up. :( I noticed you do have a pretty good mixup game but your damage output would be a shitload higher if you avoided opening with 2K. Also, don't sell yourself short, I noticed that last combo in the corner you cut to a K-DIVE right away and you had 75% tension. I don't understand why you would end it right there. You had so many options in a PERFECT situation. The combo at 7:45 was nice and well executed, even if you missed the last cancel. I mean that it was exactly what you should have done in that situation. Going to eat breakfast while watching the 2nd vid, I'll post my thoughts again if there is much difference.

Thoughts on second vid: I meant to say something in my first post about this, that Sol suffers same issue most Sol players do, they're idiots who can't stand to not be rushing 100% of the time. I think you need to play off his attacks more. The reason he keeps catching you is because you're not paying much attention to what he's doing and focusing on how to punish it, instead you're trying to do your own thing and hope you catch him with it. Some of your combos are a bit odd to me, doesn't seem like your focused much on damage. At 3:50 WTF? you should have thrown Sol. At 1:27 I do something similiar to what you do when I'm near the corner. Jump, delay, (hope they jump in with an attack) backdash jH S-Dive. I'm surprised you don't use jP to counter any of his ariel attacks, as fond of it as you seem. Third vid: 2nd round, great use of 6H as an anti-air. Good job throwing Sol into the note. I love it when that happens, it's sick! You should try STBT to escape some of the constant pressure. How long have you been playing I-No? Alot of the things you do seem like they belong in Slash. EDIT: Sorry if I come across as a dick, I'm not trying to be, I'm just analyzing and posting my honest thoughts.

BMS-i love the way u critique so accurately.no homo

i have a vid online you could rape..gonna take a min 2 find it tho..edit found sum..even tho there old as hell ,comments still help,and i couldn't 6frc6 properly then so ,,u know..just helping the thread sum..chow~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0rv4GiZDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F26iMfEFoMg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azoLTgghfpU

i'll critique these also when i get home and have some free time. i <3 critique~

Thanks for watching, BMS. I tend to choose my combos on the fly, and whether I feel like I can actually perform it in that moment. It sounds odd, but I usually need to build up some momentum and get a good feel of my own execution in general before I'll start not focusing on knocking down and really doing damage. That should explain why the CL combos are like, on and off. Anyway, yeah watching it again it really does seem like I'm trying too hard to get my own game going and not feeding off his game. I'll keep that in mind this weekend. Regarding 3:50, I was actually a bit surprised my dash avoided it, I meant to dash and jump but I didn't seem to press properly so I wasn't sure what to do. I've been trying to get her BnB since Slash era, and got it down enough for real matches by the time AC came out to consoles, so I've only been playing her in real matches in AC. Anyway, I think I know what my main problem is: not paying attention. I seem to have that problem playing Millia too, so it's a general gameplay problem really. Thanks again.

Oh coy! you guys are going to have so much fun dissecting my vids from koogy con today. I played Koogy, Spirit Juice, and SugutaDesigns. To say I got slaughtered and my performance was pathetic I feel is an understatement. My execution was absolutely horrible. I didn't complete a single combo. :( Worst of all, in casuals, Koogy's I-No slaughtered mine. I didn't mind losing the other matches because it was clear that the other players were infact better than me, but losing to Koogy's I-No was just ugh. I still feel awful about that. I learned a few things though... 1. Everyone I've played this far who I thought was some what good, clearly wasn't. 2. Trying to throw Chipp on wakeup = fail. I can't count the times it backfired and I ended up getting thrown with that leaves move instead. 3. Trying to out poke Chipp is the stupidest thing you could do. (which I repeatidly tried to do) 4. I need to buy a stick, BAD! I picked up a few other things, but I'm sure the vids will show the obvious. And I'll notice even more stuff.

Just to defend myself early (because yes the vids are that bad). I'm not a bad player and I don't suck. I just haven't played someone on the same level as Koogy and the others before. Was a nice learning experince though.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rG3LIRiRVeY

Probably the best show of me on video. There's more, but the rest are bad either because I wasn't on point or I had gotten tired; this chunk is from exactly after I found my game and before I got tired and couldn't IB Bandit Revolvers.

Anyway, hoping you guys would critique on shit that I'm doing wrong or the wrong approach I'm taking to the matchup or my opponent's take on the matchup. Fundamental stuff, basically; wanna make sure we're all on the right track at the very least.

Edit: Hahaha, 15 minutes later I hate it already. Oh well.

You didn't do that bad BMS. From what you posted I thought you got wrecked. Your execution does need practice... mines does as well so you're not alone in that.

thing is my execution is normally on point. nothing like this. watching the vids i see all the stupid ass things that happens. theres one point were theres a stand alone 5H and then a random 6P. that was meant to be 5H STBT (H) 6P. a whole bunch of mistakes like that. I got a j.S that was meant to be a TKUF. worst part is i actually messed up more CL's than thier cancels. only have myself to blame though.

i think you did alright, looks pretty much like my matches from the other day... i'm guessing you just gotta play good players more often... only thing i really didn't like was the fact that you were in po's face and that's a no go. Even if you aren't playing the best players, don't do stuff that gets you killed by pros. Everytime you threw po, that would have been more than half your life. but anyways, i think you're better than me, so nice work... ps. how long you been competitive?