Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Squared

Does RCing from BR into SW always give clean hit or does it depend on the character?

Also,(if so) is it possible that you would have to wait different times to RC the BR to get said char in the right position for a clean hit?

;If there are only certain chars it works on, who are said chars(list please)?

I think it works on everyone except Pot. Usually you want to RC the first hit of BR and wait as long as possible for the CLSW.

Against Pot, you can do BR(1) RC j.S JC dj.D CLSW. This also works on most other characters IIRC (it may not work on lightweights, but I'd need to double check first).

You can also do BR (1) RC j.H(1) CLSW on Potemkin. It's been a long time, so I don't remember what does more damage total, that, or what Orrax posted above. I think you may need to do BR (1) RC j.H (1) CLSW on Johnny as well.

2D Bandit revolver RC CLSW also works as a grounded combo. Just make sure you RC with P+S+HS or else the input buffer will make you do bandit revolver RC bandit revolver :psyduck:

Huh? I always RC/FRC with K+S+HS and that never happens to me.

I think that only happens if you accidentally hold kick too long after the RC.

and yeah only people this combo is weird on is Pot and Johnny.

I never remember til I try for it and it misses at least once :v:

actually if I recall correctly, it does work on Johnny but you have to do it immediately after the RC.

I think a more ideal one for Pot is 2D BR RC airdash j.D xx SW. You carry him farther to the corner, and if you're in the corner you can combo him back across the screen with running j.D SW loops.

Yeah there are some weird combos you can do on Pot. Generally though, I don't see Japanese players do 2D BR RC SW loop combos that often unless it's for the kill. It seems like they would rather save the meter for FRCs and fish for better, more meter effecient starters.

Yeah there are some weird combos you can do on Pot. Generally though, I don't see Japanese players do 2D BR RC SW loop combos that often unless it's for the kill. It seems like they would rather save the meter for FRCs and fish for better, more meter effecient starters.

Ya, I guess using meter for going into a SW loop from BnN after a FRC GF gives more damage for the meter spent, Though RC BR is easier if they're already caught in a combo that ends with BR, so why not.