Sign in to follow this  
DemiiPoet

What got -you- into BlazBlue?

Sorry if there's already a similar post ^^;;

As the title suggests, what got you into the series? Guilty Gear? Perhaps wanting to play something other than Street Fighter and Tekken. Or just an avid fighting game fan.

For me, I recall my friend playing it during a game day at my university. The graphics were beautiful. A week or so later, he did a short presentation on it during class. I've been looking for a game that I could play competitively so afterwards, I asked him about it: If there was a sequel, how long he's been playing it, etc. By this time, I figured I'd give it a try and borrowed another friend's BB:CTP after looking up the characters online and decided I wanted to play the laid-back kitty cat ^o^

Fiddled around with it til Friday rolled around and tried it on a console and was hooked ever since.

I saw one gameplay trailer of CT and I wanted it. Im not really into anime or whatever and its not a game I would get interested in that easily but it just looked fun. :)

i played guilty gear. Then other people stopped playing guilty gear. Playing the AI was boring then this one dude was like "Hey you should play Blaze its kinda like Guilty gear", and i was all like "i guess".

Guilty Gear + YT vids of gameplay during the days leading up to CT's US release.

As for Guilty Gear, I got into that because sister bought it and I tried it out. I liked the idea of 2D fighting but SF was too... something. Didn't like it. Guilty Gear, as much as I sucked at it (and still do) just clicked with me.

A friend and I saw a (kinda bad) Taokaka cosplay at a convention back in April and couldn't help but think "WTF is that thing?! It's sorta cute but also sorta creepy..." Asked a another friend who told me it was from a fighting game called Blazblue. Looked it up and enjoyed it a lot, and ended up deciding to play more seriously.

Saw the trailer of the high-res sprites/2D gameplay.

Read that it was from the makers of GG and was basically sold at that point.

Rachel.

There are ten other people I can recall who would use this reason.

No joke.

Me? My brother introduced me to the game.. A lightning-powered loli? Hell yeah.

my first encounter with blazblue is : Sleeping through true-end.(CT)

picked it about 3 month later cus i miss BASARA Heros,

so i played BASARA X,

and amused at how broken it is,

then tried guilty gear,

then Blazblue, cus Aco-tan bought over his PS3.

and decided the story is 'entertaining'.

what made me stay is ehhh...

.......dustloop(here)

;w;.

Saw trailer of game and some loketest shits and I had little hype for it. Friends got it on release date and told me to get it and so I finally gave in and decided to buy BBCT for my bday as there were no other good games and I breathe fighters. Changed mah life niggaz....game is my fav fighter so far and I was looking for a new fighter to main too xD.

Ran into CT at the Anime Convention here in SLC Last year and liked it from what I played (Couldn't figure haku out for the life of me) And later that same year a couple of my buddies got it so I actually got to sit there and play it there. Though what seemed to clinch me playing the game was one skill. Fuu Rin Ka ZAN!

Friend said "Look at this really cool new fighting game, made by Arc System Works!" and linked me a video of Kaqn vs Buppa in the CT Arcade only days. Was playing Tatsunoko and Melty around that time, so my interest in fighting games were at a high point. Saw Rachel later on who would be my main, got it when it was released, etc etc the rest is history.

I was looking into getting a 2d fighting game in July 2009 (I had KOFXII in mind), but then I saw a review of BB:CT on the gamesite I go to, and became interested. Saw videos of gameplay on YT and my decision was set; I HAD to get this game. Got it LE, one of the first people to get it in my country.

Well, I used to play a bit of Smash, but after Brawl came out, first my disc got scratched from my cousin knocking my Wii over, then I never really replaced it. I got really bored of it only playing at friends' houses, so I had pretty much completely dropped out of the fighting genre (although now I'll attest that Smash is a party game with fighting aesthetics). Then I got into college and it ended up that one of my friends I made during orientation played Street Fighter. We started playing that a bit, then I decided I liked fighting games (after years of thinking I'd only get a few hours out of a 60$ game and that their stories sucked so they weren't worth playing). After that I decided I was going to buy Blazblue, as I liked the music, and I was interested in it during the summer before school anyway, as all the reviewer people said the story was somewhat decent.

It was worth paying the 60$ for CT, even if it wasn't limited edition. I'm pretty sure I got more time out of that game than all but two other games I've ever played, not counting MMOs.

My boyfriend told me about it, saying he thought it looked pretty good. I didn't may much mind to BB or anything until it actually arrived over here in England he brought it and I played it, and I really really liked it, and just... got really into it for some reason.

played guilty gear, saw blazblue on a related website (possibly the arc website)

saw jin, saw amazing sprites etc. had to get it

this was a long time before it came out too