Sign in to follow this  
Caveman

How to airdash after the Chemical Love

anyone trying to take up the mod job for this board? I already talked to G.Blood and he said he asked around with the other mods and none of them had any suggestions and told me to see if anyone wants/is capable of it.So if anyone is interested either post up or pm G.blood. Caveman hasn't been on since november -_-

What I do, is I press 6FRC6 as soon as I see HCL come out. It has a sort of rhythm to it that you just have get used to it. Even if it doesn't even look like you're landing the FRC at all, just keep practicing it over and over again, because when you do land the FRC, your fingers will get used to the rhythm, and you'll learn to do it on reaction. ^_^

Ive been practicing up Ino and ive been using your method for 6FRC6 CL but man, thats harder than I thought :psyduck:. Im a May player so I airdash out of moves with alot of my combos but dude thats hard lol. I practice the rythme of 6frc6 some times in May combos, especially, k, s, JI, s, horizontal dolphin, 6frc6, mixup. Practice makes perfect and this will take a while lol.

I was able to pull this off a few times last night. Still can't do it consistantly. The video was VERY helpful though! Also, the song in the video is pretty amazing aswell. :yaaay:

For reference, I used the Windows Media 9 codec on that vid. I've re-encoded it with Divx, & upped it to YouTube for good measure.

HCL 6FRC6 Breakdown (Divx)

HCL 6FRC6 Breakdown (YouTube)

you need like e-props or something

this video has helped me so much.

ive been able to pull it off semi consistently (in training mode). hopefully ill be able to use it more naturally

:gonk: I took a break from gg for about week to play melty blood and brawl, and to rest my hand a bit, but I practiced the things I was workin on with some of my characters like Impossible dust with May, charge buffering with Venom, but when I got to Ino I was like damn, Im at that rode block before you can improve cause I couldnt do the 6frc6. But tried it a different way today and that shit came out :O. I was like WTF??!!. I quickly went to quit and was like fck it, I quit guilty gear (yeah for like 15 seconds xD) that was the peak of my GG career (looooow expectatiiiioons ) I can't do any better than that lol xD. I practiced with May a lil bit more, then zoomed back to Ino and tried it again and I got it out sort of consistently, bout 40% I think. What I think I messed up on before was I got the techniques mixed up. According to that badass Ino instrctional video when you tiger knee a HCL 6frc6, you have some optional time to put in the first 6, but the frc6 has to be on point. For the JI 6frc6 the whole 6frc6 has to be on point. I was doinin the Tiger Knee Method for a JI HCL 6frc6, and I fucked it up every time :v:. I thought about it last night when I was tryin it out and I just thought to peice it all together and just do it as fast as I could and it worked. Its like all that technical stuff the video was was saying for the JI HCL 6FRC6, was to try to tell us to do the 6frc6 fast as hell lol (on point of course). I guess the way that I'm learning it is getting a feel of here HCL FRC point and doing the 6frc6 as fast as I can and seeing how it feels when the dash comes out so I can remembere where to press it. Its funny, this technique is like alot of the other techniques that I tried to master like when I first learned about charge buffering and charge buffering+JI with May. At first I looked at it and tried it and was like, this is IMPOSSIBLE! :gonk::vbang: . But after practicing it a billion times and understanding the concept it becomes common place. I think that all of these advanced techniques in Guilty gear aren't as hard to do as learning the concept of doing the technique :psyduck:. Its like when you dont understand the concept of doin something, youll go in this loop of practicing and fucking up cause your doing it wrong :v:, but once you understand what you have to do its not so bad (still hard :v: just not impossible). Well nows the grunt work. I see alot of 6frc6 training for quite a while, but thats how it goes :eng101: . Sorry I accidentally wrote my life story you guys, but I was hyped up that I finally got it a few times I had to let it out :psyduck: . But thanks to you guys and this thread, ya helped me lvl up today :yaaay: .

I swear to god this is the hardest thing to do in Guilty Gear.

It is, I have a hold of how to do it now, it just takes practice. If you are fucking up try to make sure you hold down forward on second 6. Cause when I started to actually hold the button down, rather than tap the second 6 it would come out more often. But it is rough though, but if you get it down you can use it with any character that needs to immediately dash out of stuff like May, Venom, Ky, and A.B.A, etc.

But the dash may be the hardest part but trying to put together a combo is additionally hard, cause the dash comes out so fast, you really have to be ready for it and time it right. And trying to piece a combo together as you know will fuck up your flow. LIke when Id just practice the dash Id get it out but when id try to make a combo from it id miss, cause its like my timing is off cause im thinking about what to press and that ironically enough fucked up my timing.

i find machine gun chemical love strings harder. so it's the 2nd hardest thing. lol

How do you do that technique? Is there a special way? Or do you just have to manually put it out?

I play with Ino on the side now of days cause I wanted to test myself cause Ino really has to work for that damage. Cause now of days some characters seem to have been dumbed down with loops that any other person can do so when I see ppl spam May VD dolphin loops without even knowing May fundamentals, makes me wanna prove that I know how to play this game :/.

when I see ppl spam May VD dolphin loops without even knowing May fundamentals, makes me wanna prove that I know how to play this game :/.

Your the real May brah.

Your the real May brah.

Your awesome Xkun :yaaay:

I know how to play with may loops all day.........and jam to

Its ok brah :eng101: in the next guilty gear Jam will be more technical and harder to play with, I swear :thumbu:, 6frc6, charge buffering, the works. I promise :yaaay:

Another good tip for doing the 6frc6. Previously I meantioned that I got it by doing it fast as hell; I was wrong. You shouldn't sacrifice accuracy for speed. Even if your timing is off on the frc make sure to practice thoroughly pressing 6frc6 where theres no doubt in your mind that you pressed that combination. When I do it really fast, I screw up and confuse my fingers :psyduck: and I'm like AAAAAAAAARRRG :v: what am I doing wrong. And sometimes i press 6 6+FRC or 6+FRC, 6+FRC (foward and FRC at same time). It was the same problem I had in trying to charge buffer and jump instal with May during her S, JI, HS,2, VD, frc. Id do it really fast rather than accurately and it probably didn't register cause I didn't press the button all the way down. I was able to get 8 6frc6 in a row from both sides by taking my time just now, so give it a shot, it might work :yaaay: good luck.

I know how to play with may loops all day.........and jam to:vbang:

Its all about jumping in the air and spamming D with Millia. Man AC simplifies..some things.

Im really enjoying Ino, I can't put her down, shes like the Lilica of GGAC, shes very input heavy, you have to be precise and have great execution. She aint no joke :p.

Omg, Im the master of fuck ups, Ive made every possible mistake I could in frustrating me with this technique. I made the same mistakes with May.

Here are my fuck up notes.

When practicing your 6frc6 make sure you DO NOT!

1) DO NOT Sacrifice accuracy for speed. Make sure you accurately press 6frc6 accurately to the point you know you've pressed it. As long as you have that accurate 6frc6 if the dash doesn't come out its simply a matter of timing, you did it too earlier or too late, I usually do it too earlier :/.

2) DO NOT Hold forward for too long after your HCL. make sure that after you input the HCL 632146.......make sure you let go of forward :psyduck:. By accident many times Ive hit 6frc6 at the right time and nothing happend and I was like WHAT THE FUCK HAX! Posted Image It was because I accidentally held on to forward too long after my HCL. I did similar mistake with mays force break dolphin combos :psyduck:

4) DO NOT forget to hold forward on the second 6 (if your fucking up). Might not be necessary for some but when Im fuckin up I do better holding the second 6. Ex: 6Frc[6]

5) DO NOT Practice when your frustated. Just made me more pissed :8/: lmao

6) DO NOT Give up Cause all your work will be in vain :eng101:

Agreed. Add in a part about JI too... common mistake especially in matches in my short lived experience.

Agreed. Add in a part about JI too... common mistake especially in matches in my short lived experience.

Cool.

As he said if your gonna do a 6frc6 with no tiger knee dont forget to press up after your jump installed hit whether it be S or K. I just didn't mention it cause after I practice the combo string so much it just came with instinct. Just try not to press the attack button and JI at the same time. That can happen.

Auto Jump Install Luckily its seems that you dont need to jump install if your combo starts in the sky, your install becomes auto if you do Inos dash in or airdash I believe. I practiced it myself. Most of my combos are on sol for now but ive tried others.

This works on sol crouching:

Dash, HS, 2S, 2HS, 2D, HCL, 6frc6, S, go to town.

I tried Tiger Knee combos, at first the felt annoying cause I was too lazy to put in the up, but after getting the feel for them...........Tiger Knee 6frc6 combos are soooo much eaaaasier! omg. I dont even use a 360 motion i just kinda just hit 8 then 632146HCL. And for sol it seems easier to hit the S after Airdash with a tiger knee 6frc6 cause of the way he falls. Doing the normal JI, when I hit sol 80% of the time the S misses, or my S or HS sends sol behind me cause im too low. The combo I mentioned above works but S, 6P, HS, HCL 6frc6, S is a diff story :/.

If your S is whiffing I think it's because your CL is too close, and it's a ground CL hit. I never had any problem with the S whiffing on 6P HCL or 2D HCL. Also, I believe you auto-ji as long as you land (and combo) from a jump (or the dash) with your jump options unused.

If your S is whiffing I think it's because your CL is too close, and it's a ground CL hit. I never had any problem with the S whiffing on 6P HCL or 2D HCL.

Also, I believe you auto-ji as long as you land (and combo) from a jump (or the dash) with your jump options unused.

I think thats it, and combos from 2D always work its just sol is always so high. I belive 6P would work, Ive just always done it form, s, 6p, 5HS. I really think its his body, cause ive tried the same combo on others and I had lil problem with it :/. Either way I still need alot of practice :eng101:

i just got 6frc6 down today. i've found that if you hit 6frc6 right immediately you press k for hcl it'll come out :kitty: edit- oops i meant HCL

i just got 6frc6 down today. i've found that if you hit 6frc6 right immediately you press k for vcl it'll come out :kitty:

Nice, Ill keep that in mind, still in training that I am :eng101:

Re: Sol crouching combo. Besides the fact I think you'll never catch a competent sol player with that are you unaware that the jh will combo into a 6p? It gives you so many more options for higher damage and has less strict timing than gattling cl from 2d. The trick is to input buffer the 6p.

Sign in to follow this