Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

Anji Mito: Questions and Answers

The Sol player I play regularly used a 5P (maybe 5S, unsure. All I know is he taps me then Wild Throw). What are some things I can do to stop being hit by this so much? Sometimes I can hit with a 2P or 2S but usually it's from him timing the throw a little off. There has to be a better way?

Jump? Backdash? 3K is invulnerable to throws, too. Great for getting a CH vs command throws, but not so great on regular throws because most 5H/6H's beat it.

jump install it i cant do it but i know thats how its done becuz ppl who i play with who have been playing for alot longer have practice doing it

EDIT: Oh.

I guess the hard part is hitting K before you leave the ground? What about for Isshiki?

Yes the hard part is hitting k before you leave the ground. Honestly it's like doing 2147 P to get instant orb only you hit K a lot faster, pretty much at the same time your stick/finger goes to 7 instead of after it.

Also Isshiki technically auto JI for you. You can IAD or Jump again after you recover in the air.

I meant the Isshiki false. I can do stuff after it executes easily, but I can't seem to do anything after I false it, and in Vacillate they were airdashing after the false.

Oh... Hold on *Runs to PS2* *Comes Back to PC* Guess what? PS2 is unhooked, so I can't test it, but I'm pretty sure you can airdash or jump after the FRC just like the FRCs after Ky's aerial Stun edge. I'm not even sure where you could jump install the P follow up of fuujin, unless you jump install the fuujin or the gatling before fuujin? Not completely sure on this.

You can JI the P follow after Fujin but was not much use during #Reload/Slash days or now since it's free jump/AD. Also you can JI during the string before Fujin (ex: k> JI > s > s fujin > p > frc...)

just ji it the same way u do the k stomp cept fujiin this time we recorded a ton of matches yesterday that ill try to post later with sound this time as soon as i get em on my comp i was doing horrible tho cuz i havent played in a normal tv for like 2 months straight weve been playing at my house all the time in an lcd so i couldnt land a single sj combo lol.. wer playing again today so i guess ill record those also and hopefully get some good ones i was doing better by the end so hopefully today will be good

How can you do a double butterfly (or can you anymore?)

double butterfly: Do the first butterfly. But give yourself some distance to recover(throw range is perfect) And do the second butterfly as soon as the first butterfly hits the opponent(usually when you see that blue guard flash or a little faster than that).

For the double butterfly, from when I practiced, it was best for me when I negative edged the second butterfly because then if I screwed up, even though I lose a pressure, I'm not just standing there whiffing a P or a D like a retard.

oh...the comand should be like, 236 [P] - [D] while doing first butterfly - 2366 ]P~D[ This allows you to increase the chance of double butterfly and in case of fail, you dash forward to keep the pressure.

Another question. Is it possible to continually throw butterflies in this manner or once you get two you can't abuse the "technically, no projectile exists so you have 1 frame to throw another." I'm not too good at 1 framing so I thought I'd ask.

Two is the maximum you can get I think. I don't know how game system works but since I never saw three butterflies and could never do it myself, I think two. And why do you need three anyway lol.

Three is impossible because when two are out, one or the other is always on the screen at a time. It works because the butterfly disappears for a frame when it transforms.

3S cancels: Some normal moves cancel into 3S, noticebly 5S, 5HS, and 2S. During certain start-up frame of 3S, you can whiff cancel it into either 5S or 5HS. Go to the training mode and do 3S - 5S or 3S - 5HS. You will hear that heavy 3S sound even though you see the 5S/5HS motion. Using this you can cancel 5S into again 5S or 5HS into 5HS which is not normally possible. One usage is using it in combo. 5S5HS - 3S - 5S5HS - BnB and other usage is increasing pressure string. 2S - 3S - 5S (and this combos too which is super nice)

Thank you. I don't have my PS2 atm so I can't test it. Also, are there visual/audio clues that can help in timing the cancel? Also, is there such a thing as too close (you cancel the 3S before the active frames come out anyway, yes? Or is the timing different than I thought (frames 5-8 or so)

Well....for cancel from 5S, it seems like you cancel when Anji withdraws his fan. From 5HS, there is actually a small gap in attack where he pauses for a brief moment. Aim for that timing. Think of 3S canceling as 2frame FRC. I can't go into details about game mechanics becuase seriously, it doesn't help much.