Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

Anji Mito: Questions and Answers

I can do it easily when not hitting someone but when doing 5S5H it gets a bit harder. Guess something to work on though ^^

Tiamat: Yes I am. Me and Pac are getting together this weekend. I was watching my old videos and I cringed at almost everything I did. I saw at least 30+ mistakes a match where I could have thrown, delayed for the KS-On, or whatnot. I am amazed. Rin: Not that I have enough of teh sex, but I do have recording device. I'm working on a combo with 4 Orbs (So far I have 3, can't pull the fourth one off in time, could be impossible without black beat) Also, how does one combo the air throw to on? I'm always out of On range after the air throw, unless I'm supposed to dash KS On. Also working on the 2x Butterfly, thanks Nam for the Negitive edging advice. I would throw-->Shitsu and squander and do a 6P right into Sol's VV instead of unleashing the second butterfly. A few questions while practicing last night... 1.Where are good times to use HS Fuujin on wakeup? 2.Any tips on how to nail the SPSD on the post-On combo? 3.Any tips on pulling of the Guardpoint super other than just being super fast on input? 4. What's the best low autoguard in terms of speed? 3K? I'm sure Moogle's guide would cover all of this but it isn't out yet and I'm going to my first ranbat this Thursday so any advice would be appreciated.

1.Where are good times to use HS Fuujin on wakeup? - when you expect opponent to oki you. If you can guess what's coming, then you can even go for guard point reversal for flashness. 2.Any tips on how to nail the SPSD on the post-On combo? - Do it as soon as On finishes. And I believe it depends on how much hits you did in the combo after On too. Too much hit, may not work since opponent will fall down faster. 3.Any tips on pulling of the Guardpoint super other than just being super fast on input? - super fast input lol. 4. What's the best low autoguard in terms of speed? 3K? - 3K is the only useful low guardpoint move Anji has now. It's the only 1 frame low guard point move.

Aurelious: good I'm hoping to see some improvement =] HS fujin on wakeup is good against oki moves that recover badly on whiff in general. If they use a quick recovery move like a 2P or a 2K as oki, you will go through their move with Fujin but they will still be able to block it after whiffing, or even hit you. Make sure to practice on raining mode so that you are getting reversal 236H. Remember it doesn't work against throws or command grabs either. After air throw you can do 5S On right after landing on Sol and 5P On against Ky (I believe that's the characters you usually fight). You can get 5S On on Ky but must be very close. If you air threw them too high up you'll have to go for an air combo. You can also just do 5S5H for a shitsu oki setup. autoguard super is what all the cool kids do

I was watching my old videos and I cringed at almost everything I did. I saw at least 30+ mistakes a match where I could have thrown, delayed for the KS-On, or whatnot. I am amazed.

I can't wait to see your improvements. Hopefully I'll be back in NC in June/July with a good job and whatnot.

I played a few rounds tonight, no recording though. I feel proud of myself. 2x Butterfly traps, successful unblockables and a triple layered cake. No air throws but I threw a hell of a lot more than I've thrown anything in my life >.> So, does 3K only have one frame of AG or the AG frame starts at frame 1? I mean even 6K has like, 5 frames of AG.

3K guard points starts at 1 frame, that's why it's useful becuase it's easy to time.

I think a better way to put it is that because it's the only low autoguard that starts from frame 1, it's also the only low autoguard that you can use on wakeup. Keep that in mind. On wakeup there shouldn't be any timing difference between 6K and 3K provided they did a meaty okizeme. The only time you should low autoguard on wakeup rather than 236H is against quick recovery low moves like 2Ks. Against lows with bad recovery on whiff (slayer's 2D for example), fujin is preferable as it gives a greater reward, and also can evade non-low strikes. to sum up the wakeup reversal options: 6K for high/mid attacks 3K for lows 236H > better than 6K and 3K against strikes (regardless if high or low) with bad recovery, but worse against strikes with good recovery

Ah, thanks. That makes a bit more sense. In your vids vs. Mamation, you used 2H as a Meaty. Is this not advised vs. Sol (VV, which I never see in your vids, so I assume not.) Also, what are good ways to bait the GV without putting me at (huge) risk?

Aurelious,you jump towards them with jP and FD if you see them VV/5k.That's the simplest way.However,dashing 2k also works if they blocked the first hit of shitsu.(However if he did reversal,jumping would be better)

Will J.P beat out VV, trade or just lure them into a VV so I can FD since J.P recovers very quickly? So if first hit of shitsu is blocked 2k is the attack of choice to keep them in for the next 2 hits for a block string? I've been using 6S so even if he does try something I maybe could get the K autoguard off. This a good idea as well? What about if going for the unblockable, what would be best to keep them from trying to backdash/avoid the falling hits? Also, what are some good block strings that are generally safe or have few holes? Keep 3S canceling to a minimum (but do include an example or two though) Sorry for the questions, but I do appreciate all the help (plus keepin the Anji forums alive :toot:

Ah, thanks. That makes a bit more sense. In your vids vs. Mamation, you used 2H as a Meaty. Is this not advised vs. Sol (VV, which I never see in your vids, so I assume not.)

Also, what are good ways to bait the GV without putting me at (huge) risk?

Unless Sol can reversal VV your 2H on reaction there's no reason why it shouldn't work as long as you have showed him that you know how to bait VV. 2H does beat reversal GV though, which for me is way scarier than VV because of the sheer damage difference (assuming Sol doesn't have meter to RC VV)

I DO use it on Sol though...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_pBXeVk2_c

way to bait GV without putting on a huge risk is you jump straight up. This is the scariest thing that can happen to Sol while he's doing GV cause he won't be able to RC it for safety if he completely misses, and as long as he didn't get too far away (which shouldn't happen if you jump straight up) you can punish his whiff hard (though in that video I failed at one point). Oh yeah ignore the random FB shitsus near the end I was having a retard moment.

braindead way to bait both GV and VV is to dash FD but that won't give you anything if he has 50% meter to RC them on block. Also if he does tyrant rave instead you may get hit for doing dash FD because if the flash happens before you hit FD you won't be able to block it. Longer horizontal range than VV is also a factor.

I'll add some stuff to the Sol matchup guide later.

So if first hit of shitsu is blocked 2k is the attack of choice to keep them in for the next 2 hits for a block string? I've been using 6S so even if he does try something I maybe could get the K autoguard off. This a good idea as well? What about if going for the unblockable, what would be best to keep them from trying to backdash/avoid the falling hits?

Also, what are some good block strings that are generally safe or have few holes? Keep 3S canceling to a minimum (but do include an example or two though)

dash 2K after throw > shitsu beats everything except all his reversal options. lolz if he blocks the shitsu however, he can't escape the 2K. if it hits try to hit confirm it into 2D then fujin, otherwise run in

using 6S after throw > shitsu is fine until he does reversal GV under the shitsu and your 6S gets raped for about half your life bar. So yeah you can do it but if he's prone to reversal GVs you should be very careful about it.

actually it's more complicated than that cause if you actually want to do mixup/pressure from a throw there are actually at least 2 points where he could try reversals so you kinda have to bait twice I'll add stuff to sol matchup thing later it's complicated

I think a better way to put it is that because it's the only low autoguard that starts from frame 1, it's also the only low autoguard that you can use on wakeup. Keep that in mind. On wakeup there shouldn't be any timing difference between 6K and 3K provided they did a meaty okizeme.

The only time you should low autoguard on wakeup rather than 236H is against quick recovery low moves like 2Ks. Against lows with bad recovery on whiff (slayer's 2D for example), fujin is preferable as it gives a greater reward, and also can evade non-low strikes.

to sum up the wakeup reversal options:

6K for high/mid attacks

3K for lows

236H > better than 6K and 3K against strikes (regardless if high or low) with bad recovery, but worse against strikes with good recovery

Sure you're not mixing up 3K and 3S? I think the frame data has them switched, although they may have fixed it (the thing about S and H is fixed, but I thought 3K was the fully throw-invincible one).

nah I remember there was some confusion about this 3K is frame 1 low autoguard AND throw invincible. 3S is not throw invincible I just checked, also not 1 frame autoguard so wakeup 3S won't work

Well like, 214P > 5S(JI) > 6S > SJ > j.S > j.P > j.S(JC) > j.P > wait for tech > airthrow works sometimes on some characters, but I'm still experimenting with it...

Some examples:

• 214P, 5K, 5S, 6S, sj, airthrow
  • (corner) 5S, 6S whiffs, sj(back usually), airthrow
  • On, sj.K, wait, airthrow
  • Shitsu, max range dashing 2D, 236S>K, jump, airthrow
  • airthrow, 5S(JI), 6S, sj.SPS, wait, JC airthrow
  • 236H>D, 236H>K, jump airthrow or 5P/5K whiff jump airthrow

Some of those came about by trying to airthrow in places I consistently drop combos. #6 being when I need to dashing Fuujin but don't or just won't be able to juggle after the wall bounce. For the JI installed air combos I think it's best stop right before the JC so you have more options and looks like you jsut f'ed up the JI and dropped the combo. When I don't think a JI air combo will reach the corner to connect j.H, j.D, Orb I'll use it to drag them closer. Most of these work consistently on people who tech carelessly, but will fail consistently on people who don't... which is the general rule.