Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

Anji Mito: Random Thread

Raimuki did a fine job at SBO this year, a very fine job. The finals with a team of Bridget/ Anji/ Slayer os quite an accomplishment, let alone OCVing a favourite team in the semi-finals with Anji.

SuperBattle Opera- Shan Rime-Key Dry-Ace Kentucky Battle Opera- Slymoogle Chunktug Vids coming everyone. Sbo was interesting eh? Anji/Bridget bringing it all the way to the finals. Nice.

so gaiz, if you could give Anji one move that another chara has that isn't a Force Break nor HS EXE Beast, what would you give him? Personally I want. ... ... TK Ensenga. :psyduck:

Pffft,we already have TK Orb.Potbuster plz. Ninja Edit: We'd probably be able to FRC into HS Fuujin and K S On for a huge damage combo with that too.And Anji instantly becomes top of A tier.

Just wait, next game he'll probably have "Energy Boomerang Fans" An Anji Buster would be nice, but I'm curious to see what would happen if they gave him Jackhound.:8/:

so gaiz, if you could give Anji one move that another chara has that isn't a Force Break nor HS EXE Beast, what would you give him?

Personally I want.

TK Ensenga. :psyduck:

Blah just revert him to Slash and gg

So, on the page for a recent ABC Ranking Battles tournament, some bracket I randomly clicked on had the following: "ANG (AN)" Discuss.

So, on the page fore a recent ABC Ranking Battles tournament, some bracket I randomly clicked on had the following:

"ANG (AN)"

Discuss.

If it was Domi then I'd care.

Anji's themesong is the best damn song ever. Just throwing that out there. (Don't hate me because I play Zappa, I just needed to say that)

So, on the page for a recent ABC Ranking Battles tournament, some bracket I randomly clicked on had the following:

"ANG (AN)"

Discuss.

Ok...although I did like ANG on AC's first year,I'm not so sure about him now.But it's not like he won that tournament...or did he?Besides,most of us know that his technical game is top notch...but that's not what wins against top players in Japan.Although he's still far above us...he's just overshadowed by the big 3 Anjis (Domi,Dry-Ace,Limekey).

I thought I heard a rumor floating around saying that ANG switched over to A.B.A., but can't confirm it. ANG is definitely the most technical player I've ever seen, he just doesn't have the greatest overall skill and decision-making ability that the top players have. Being able to get constant double butterflies is great when you're playing Potemkin, but there's still 22 other characters to worry about.

ANG played ABA in a few vids, pretty hard to misplace a name with no Kanji. Looks like he switched back to his main though. It's true...they always come back.

Thoughts on AC+ EX Anji, since no other part of his game is moving forward:

EX Anji gains a lot of tools back that he had in Slash (old 6H and 5H guardpoint are examples worth mentioning), as well as a few new options in the form of completely manual guard points. His 63214S guard point Overdrive can work as a guard cancel now, which makes it a whole darn lot more useful than it is right now. EX Anji would be a whole lot better than normal Anji if not for one thing:

He loses H Fuujin. It is replaced with some kind of lame cross-up S Fuujin, which means no more horizontal DP and no more high-damage FB Rin combos. In fact, EX Anji's average damage is considerably lower than normal Anji's for this one unfortunate loss.

As far as combos go, EX Anji's back to the days of comboing into S Fuujin -> S from most places on the screen. From mid-screen to closer to the corner, however, he can combo into Aoi for decent damage and knockdown. The most character-universal combo I could find is:

Combo into Aoi, run up, 6S, SJC, j.K, j.S, j.H, 5K, 5S, FB Kou (does between 180 and 195 damage on most characters)

Replacing (6S, SJC, j.K, j.S, j.H) with (IAD j.S, j.H) makes the combo significantly easier on a few people. There are also some Aoi combos that lead into knockdown without any Tension at all, but they're highly character-specific.

I tested this with the opening string 5K, 5S, 5H, since I don't think EX Anji can combo more than three hits into Aoi; but I haven't tested anything after 236P, so whatever. It's not as though anyone's ever going to use this stuff anyway.

I lied! A tensionless and completely universal EX Anji knockdown combo is: Combo into Aoi, run up, 6S, SJC, j.K, j.S, j.H, 5S, 5H EDIT: I lied again! The above does not work on Bridget. He's the only exception I've found, though.