Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sophisticat

[CPEX] Hakumen Gameplay Discussion

So here's what I was talking about with the Kokonoe crap.

xzih.png

Story of my life in this match up most of the time.

space harder

what was the situation you were trying to hit her with J.C?

looks like she just did a forward jump J.B

and you were doing j.c beforehand maybe trying to hit her overhead but you mistimed/spaced it.

What I'd like to know is, how does her teleport cross up mess with my 2D? I've ahd situations where I've gone to do 2D and get stars off the fireball, but she'll teleport and Haku does nothing. It's pretty weird.

What I'd like to know is, how does her teleport cross up mess with my 2D? I've ahd situations where I've gone to do 2D and get stars off the fireball, but she'll teleport and Haku does nothing. It's pretty weird.

If they're on the 1 side and then you do 2D and then they teleport, depending on timing, 2D catch will not autocorrect. That's fine because you're completely invuln on recovery and if the fireball is still around, you just do another one.

If they're on the 1 side and then you do 2D and then they teleport, depending on timing, 2D catch will not autocorrect. That's fine because you're completely invuln on recovery and if the fireball is still around, you just do another one.

My problem is that 2D isn't coming out at all. I end up getting hit by the fireball usually because Hakumen is standing still like a tool. I think I'll just have to mash 2D more when the situation arises.

My problem is that 2D isn't coming out at all. I end up getting hit by the fireball usually because Hakumen is standing still like a tool. I think I'll just have to mash 2D more when the situation arises.

I just time it all. After his leg comes back I press 2D again and repeat. It's kind of weird at first but you'll get it eventually.

After playing some more CP, I can't really say I hate Hakumen. If CP was the first game I played I'd probably play him, but because I know of what we used to have, I just really can't. : /

For me I want a 1F 6D, even if this means reverting it CT 0 damage, and J2A air dash to anything. I would gladly take 10% repeat proration to J2A if I just could do something like J2A ad JC or J2A ad JB Tsubaki... I just really want that air dash. ._.

For now I find Kagura most interesting, the charge moves scared me at first, but I find them interesting now. Bullet with her looks and easy combos are probably the one I will play as a sub.

Oh man. I never realized how normal Hakumen feels in comparison to some of the other cast members. I'm really starting to hate some of the decisions they made for CP. I didn't think that 2 frames could make such a big difference, but it really makes things like dash cancels feel so much stiffer when they're not even coming out 50% of the time because you're pressing the button too fast. Extend at least had the benefit of using input buffering to help you through some of the more weirdly timed parts, but it almost feels like that's non-existent in CP. It's almost weird because, it looked like they were on the right track with accessibility by making many of the new characters very easy to use and pick up and learn, but then you turn around and make the original cast twice as strict. No wonder the only characters I ever get to fight are Azrael, Bullet, and Kokonoe now.

So, funny thing about 6D... I seem to be getting the most use out of it in Haku mirrors. It's like tailor-made to counter Haku's moves.

And then you find yourself in the corner with Lichi.

So, funny thing about 6D... I seem to be getting the most use out of it in Haku mirrors. It's like tailor-made to counter Haku's moves.

I think u tagged me a couple of times bcuz I was being reckless with 5c, lol...ggs btw.

Idk why there isn't a CP Q&A thread so I'll just ask it here. Is it a good idea to go for the safe jump j.B/C set up after getting a knockdown with 6B? Sometimes, I'm not sure if I have enough time to recover from j.B/C enough to block reversals (like ID).

You can't expect someone to dig through over 4000 posts to find the answer to a question. This leads to questions being asked multiple times. If all the questions were gathered together into their own thread, it would be much easier for someone to check before asking if their question has already been answered.

You can't expect someone to dig through over 4000 posts to find the answer to a question. This leads to questions being asked multiple times. If all the questions were gathered together into their own thread, it would be much easier for someone to check before asking if their question has already been answered.

You must not have checked the other thread then, lol. Same thing happened there all the time. So either way we will answer the questions as they come.