Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sophisticat

[CPEX] Hakumen Gameplay Discussion

What do you guys think of j.D > 5B > JC Hotaru?

Useful for some corner carry, but I didn't really see it add too much damage.

After reading your Post i tried jD>5B>jc>j214B>ad>j2C>5A>jc>jB>j2A>jc>j214A which causes 3062dmg. And you can do it right from the beginning with only 1 mag in stock. Nice one, thx. It's nice dmg for low efford and is a good corner carry too.

if you knock azrael down and input 2a > 3c > 2b at the right time on his wakeup you can option select his backdash. it's dumb. here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF2nBfL9-XI&feature=youtu.be

Does this work on other characters like Tager, Tao, or Kokonoe who are also notorious for cheeseball backdash shenanigans?

Does this work on other characters like Tager, Tao, or Kokonoe who are also notorious for cheeseball backdash shenanigans?

i've done zero testing but as far as i know, yeah. especially on tager, since the frames on his should be similar. this actually doesn't work on az if you're too far before the 3c but it probably works from max range 3c vs tager since his dash is shorter.

alternatively you can probably do 5c to catch normal backdashes and get better confirms but i haven't tested how universal that is

i've done zero testing but as far as i know, yeah. especially on tager, since the frames on his should be similar. this actually doesn't work on az if you're too far before the 3c but it probably works from max range 3c vs tager since his dash is shorter.

alternatively you can probably do 5c to catch normal backdashes and get better confirms but i haven't tested how universal that is

The 3C was catching Tao and Tager. I don't have Kokonoe to test. Cool stuff.

It works on Kokonoe's teleport but not on her backdash, atleast all the time anyways.

You probably want to cancel into 4C or 5C for that backdash of hers.

My capture card should be here tomorrow. I plan to start finishing up the Hakumemo and recording some things so I can have visual references ready for you guys. I'll also have some general videos ready for things like pressure, approaching, and knockdowns in the works.

Oh, is there anything specific you guys would like to see? I'll try to make a note of it so I could possibly make a video of that as well.

You got any frame trap setups you could show off?

Yeah, I have some. I can make a short video of that after I finish the combo videos.

How about oki situations.

I can definitely make a video on this. Will follow the combo videos as well.

Just keep in mind that this might all take a while. I still have to organize some of my notes and actually get them online. I'll try to get this all done as soon as possible, though.

What do you think about Hakumen change in BBCP 1.10?

Negative penalty resistance: reduced from 6 to 5.

Aerial throw: first hit now deals 200 damage (rather than 0). Untech time reduced to 20 frames (rather than 70). Combo rate time is decreased from none to Fast. Can no longer cancel into Overdrive (can still be RC-canceled). Second hit now ground-bounces. Second hit's damage is reduced from 1400 to 1200. Untech time reduced to 60 frames (rather than 70). Can now be emergency-teched.

Magatama gauge: now builds up slower in mid-air (ticks every 2 frames normally, ticks every 14 frames in Overdrive).

6D - traveling distance is increased. Cooldown on whiff decreased to 4 frames (rather than 6). P2 decreased to 70% (rather than 80%). Easier to follow up at close range from a counter-hit.

j.D - can be followed up into Agito on hit by pressing A (the Mugen version).

Agito - hit stop increased to 7 frames for Hakumen / 12 frames for opponent (rather than 0/7). Now -2 on block (rather than +0).

OD Yukikaze - doesn't perform the finishing animation unless the last hit lands.

Hop agito pressure it´s now safe on block?

I don't get the meaning of "ticks every 2 frames normally, ticks every 14 frames in Overdrive". Wouldn't that mean that Hakumen generates Magatama faster outside of the Overdrive? Even with the nerf to the metergain midair it would be nonsense if he would gain Magatama midair slower in Overdrive than in normal state.

they're discussing the nerf to metergain in the air, the problem is they don't give the original numbers to compare it wtih

What changes are suggesting that hop Agito is safe on block?

Because that's one of the most fun things about CP Hakumen and if it's true he just got a lot more fun.

Why didn't they just make it so he gains less meter while being hit, restricting his meter gain while in the air just makes no sense, unless they wanted to just restrict how Hakumens play.

Here is another translation of the hakumen changes I found in the Hazma forums.

negative penalty: from level 6 to level 5

air throw: first hit's damage increased from 0 to 200. untech time decreased from 70 to 20f. combo rate timer changed to fast. cannot cancel in overdrive, but can rapid cancel. second hit ground bounces. second hit damage changed from 1400 to 1200. untech time increased from 70f to 60f. emergency techable.

kotodama gauge: charge rate decreased while in the air (2 per frame normally, 14 per frame while in OD.

6d: moves forward more. followup whiff recovery decreased from 6 to 4f. p2 proration increased from 80% to 70%. followup leaves you closer, easier to combo.

j.D: on successful counter, can followup with Agito

Agito: hitstop changed from hakumen/opponent 0/7 to 7f/12f. static difference changed from 0 to -2.

OD yukikaze: only the last hit will kill

Source: http://pastebin.com/drHzhPeY

Agito is definitely more unsafe now on block.

Also this translation of the meter gain in the air makes a bit more sense "2 per frame normally, 14 per frame while in OD." There's still no frame of reference though so we won't truly know how different that is from now.

What changes are suggesting that hop Agito is safe on block?

Because that's one of the most fun things about CP Hakumen and if it's true he just got a lot more fun.

Why didn't they just make it so he gains less meter while being hit, restricting his meter gain while in the air just makes no sense, unless they wanted to just restrict how Hakumens play.

valk, rachel, hazama, all their special gauges don't recharge while in the air. not too surprising.

Also this translation of the meter gain in the air makes a bit more sense "2 per frame normally, 14 per frame while in OD." There's still no frame of reference though so we won't truly know how different that is from now.

Now it makes sense to me, thx. I'm curious how practical jD~Agito will be regarding a following combo. And why the buff to 6D? I don't see anything in it to use it again.

They probably want us to use it during footsies as a prediction tool. Use it and then if they don't take the bait, you recover in time to block. Maybe.

Dash Agito definitely isn't safer now that it's -2 quite a few characters can just punish it with 5A on IB. In the CP 1.1 videos Hakumen looked like he floated a little longer or higher when he did Agito weird that they didn't mention it in the notes.

Wasn't it always like that tho?

Off topic: So Mac's a Hakumen mod now, bout time.

I'm a Hakumen that's a mod, but not a Hakumen mod. :v: At least until Spark finds out he was destined to play Divekick all this time.

Anyway, I don't think Hakumen will be that different. The fundamentals of the character are pretty much the same... it almost feels like they are reining Hakumen back to what we thought they were gunning for originally in CP, before we all found out about his ridiculous meter gain and OD shenanigans. So I was already prepared for that from the start.

Dash Agito definitely isn't safer now that it's -2 quite a few characters can just punish it with 5A on IB. In the CP 1.1 videos Hakumen looked like he floated a little longer or higher when he did Agito weird that they didn't mention it in the notes.

there's also a matter of the speed of the thing. it's gone from -2, and it has also gained hitstop, which will give more time to press a button, or to backdash, block high, whatever.