Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sophisticat

[CPEX] Hakumen Gameplay Discussion

OK, so now that Haku's meter gain is less, we're gonna have to try our hardest to keep our feet planted firmly on the ground for most meter gain (during combos of course).

I say we should use 6A>6B in place of one rep of the j2A> falling jC loop, seems to do the roughly the same amount of damage.

In what combos are you thinking of substituting it in?  I didn't have any luck getting it to work after an enma starter.  Might only be applicable after a CT or Zantetsu which would then limit its use since we would have the meter cooldown anyways.

That avatar is great. Nightmare. Best mare.

I think we'll need a new combo thread too. The combo routes will be mostly the same, but the air juggles might not be optimal anymore. Or it might be worth doing them even with the meter loss. We'll have to see.

Good job Yakuza. Just make sure to keep up with new videos; it can pile up very quickly. Now Spark just has to sticky it and unsticky the current video thread.

In what combos are you thinking of substituting it in? I didn't have any luck getting it to work after an enma starter. Might only be applicable after a CT or Zantetsu which would then limit its use since we would have the meter cooldown anyways.

Well, like you said it doesn't work with enma starter at all unless you're willing to spend more stars or are in the corner, but combos with renka(1)>kishuu ( in combos where cancelling into zantetsu isn't possible), it works with CT and zantetsu, combos where you can hit an aerial opponent with the top of 5C's vertical hitbox (like in corner enma > jC wallstick or hotaru > corner jC wallstick> 5C combos).

So has there been any sighting of new changes that weren't listed in the changelist? I know a few characters got a few so I was wondering if anyone else saw something in video footage.

Speaking of that, we should probably catalogue the CP1.1 changes somewhere just like we have the CP loketest changes.

Finally got to watch some Haku footage. Man, the meter slowdown in the air is super noticable :(

I'm looking forward to trying him myself though.

I also noticed Chin wasn't using agito at the end of his combos against that Kokonoe in the video thread. Is there a reason for this? I'm guessing it was just to conserve stars?

Lie, Cheat, Steal: The Scumbag Code

An autobiography by mAc Chaos.

But yeah, throw resets seem like they could be mad dirty. 

What changed to make throw resets more potent than in Vanilla CP? Or is this some temporary solution for the first few weeks?

i havent even looked but id assume its because we have less stars so they have to squeeze out more damage in other ways

True fact: Hop Tsubaki only comes out when they're going to do a wake up DP/DD to counter it.

Doesn't throw ground bounce now too?

If you mean airthrow, yeah.

I just realized we'll need new matchup threads probably. :vbang:

If you mean airthrow, yeah.

I just realized we'll need new matchup threads probably. :vbang:

I don't see why. The matchups didn't change enough to where we'll have to make separate threads, lol.

I don't see why. The matchups didn't change enough to where we'll have to make separate threads, lol.

We might not have changed too much, true (that's yet to be really determined though). But other members of the cast have as well so it might be enough to change how we are supposed to play against them now. 

Kokonoe got a lot of changes for one.

But yeah, the general strategy should be the same, but specific stuff like frame data and punishes could be different.

"To win the match up, shoot the Cyber Kokonoe till she dies"

But yeah, I'd give it a couple more days at least until you decide if you wanna go nuts on the matchup thread. A lot of stuff seems kind of the same anyway, I guess it'd be easier to tell when we get the console patch. :/

This is a bit of a history question, but from the loketest info for CP is seems like Hakumen was originally only supposed to be able to Zanshin > Enma followup in OD?  When did they change this to a normal feature?

SYSTEM

• Overdrive increases magatama gain and makes Zanshin special cancelable.