Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sophisticat

[CPEX] Hakumen Gameplay Discussion

lol been playing around with some scum resets to catch players who airtech

anything into the air loop, instead of ender do 5a, jumpa, delay upforward airthrow, YO WANT COOKIEDOH.  will catch both forward and back airtech.  neutral tech is safe

This is a bit of a history question, but from the loketest info for CP is seems like Hakumen was originally only supposed to be able to Zanshin > Enma followup in OD?  When did they change this to a normal feature?

SYSTEM

• Overdrive increases magatama gain and makes Zanshin special cancelable.

Counter canceling into Enma is different from being special cancelable.  When you counter cancel into Enma you're replacing the counter attack that normally comes out with a special version of Enma.  When you special cancel you're doing the counter catching them with the counter and then doing Zantetsu or whatever afterwards which is only possible in OD.

Got back from the CEO regional in Orlando. Got 2nd, but Litchi can eat a big one. Expect some info and discussion to come up in the near future in that match-up thread, if you all don't mind.

How do Hakumen hitconfirm?

Is it even worth spending meter off of 2A>2B? There's no way I can confirm a straight up 2B normal hit into kishuu>enma. SHOULD that be possible, though? If I get a 2A or a 2B hit, should I just convert to a 3C knockdown straight away?

I can confirm off naked 2A or 2B but it took a few games before it became second nature. Don't forget about Renka.

Otherwise just going for 3C knockdown is fine.

2a > 2a > 2a >2b > enma > J.2c > 5b >j.B > j.2a > j>2c > Agito     still gets you like 1700 damage.  

Most of the time you want to end with 3c though, unless you have a ton of stars.

Got back from the CEO regional in Orlando. Got 2nd, but Litchi can eat a big one. Expect some info and discussion to come up in the near future in that match-up thread, if you all don't mind.

Would be delighted to see what you have to say on the skank. Bitch has been trouble ever since CS vanilla.

Getting used to Hakumen's new loop....on a fight stick. Can't imagine what kind of nightmare this combo must be on netplay.

Yeah I just picked up my stick from back home too. This is your chance to beat me while I'm crippled by something I can't use. Oh wait that was already the ps3 pad.

Also I wonder how Hakumen will be affected by the nerfs. A tier or B tier? :3

2A>2B>Gurren>5B>2A>3C

This is pretty much the optimal 2A confirm (except on Izayoi since she's mean and avoids the 5B with her crouching hurtbox)

I just 2A>2A>2A>3C cuz I'm a meter whore.

Might as well throw a 2B in over that 2nd 2A when you know the whole thing will reach. Squeeze out that extra bit of damage like it means something!

Yeah I just picked up my stick from back home too. This is your chance to beat me while I'm crippled by something I can't use. Oh wait that was already the ps3 pad.

Also I wonder how Hakumen will be affected by the nerfs. A tier or B tier? :3

Nah, I still won't stand a chance, I'm crazy rusty. And plus I'm trying to pick up new characters which, we'll see how that goes.

As for the tier list I guess you'll just have to............................................ C......for yourself.

Nah, I still won't stand a chance, I'm crazy rusty. And plus I'm trying to pick up new characters which, we'll see how that goes.

As for the tier list I guess you'll just have to............................................ C......for yourself.

You forgot your shades ( •_•)>⌐■-■

You forgot your shades ( •_•)>⌐■-■

( •_•) .............

*ahem*

⌐■-■<( •_•) (⌐■_■) thank you

Hakumen forever S-tier, don't worry tech will be discovered.

S for seigi

Also, I wouldn't worry about doing the loop online. I can actually do it more consistently online than I can offline, it's weird. :x

I got to play on stick a bit the other day and was surprised. It's way easier playing Hakumen on stick this iteration than the previous ones. Mainly because on stick the things I always have trouble with are movement: IADs, double jumps, hops, etc.

In EX and before you had to IAD everywhere to do the combos but now it's just 3C 5C Zan and half the combo is done. Of course, that's not really going to help in a high level match or against zoners (always against zoners) but it's still much less frustrating so far.

Yea, I found learning his combos far less of a chore here than in EX on pad. Even when I went back to pad for a bit, doing the loop wasn't that hard.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I find IADing on stick really hard for some reason, but pad is really easy. I guess it might just me not being used to it. I'm just super comfy with pad now. I'd like to focus on stick one day though.

Now I'm a dumbass I suppose, so I never really knew about the IAD. What is the motion, 956? I've always been trying to do a very rapid 966.

Yup, that's the one. Because a 9 input is really a 8 + 6 input (up + right) so your first 6 is already covered by the 9.

Yup, that's the one. Because a 9 input is really a 8 + 6 input (up + right) so your first 6 is already covered by the 9.

Okay so in that sense, a dash requires a 66 but the 5 covers the first "6"? So it's just going to be like a vertically reversed DP motion?

Well, a dash is really 656. My problem when trying to dash on stick is I do the 66 too fast and don't give it time to reset to 5 in between, so it doesn't register them as separate inputs.

In this case the 9 would be the first 6.

It's easier to just tap the stick to 9, let the stick reset back to neutral and then tap forward. Should be fairly quick.

Oh wait, I got what you were saying the first time now, sorry. Using numbers kind of messes me up outside of the usual 214, 236, 623. Okay so Up-diagonal (or 9) then reset back to 5 and then going to the 6 position which should allow me to airdash pretty quick.

Hm. I guess I just have to put it into some practice.

Oh wait, I got what you were saying the first time now, sorry. Using numbers kind of messes me up outside of the usual 214, 236, 623. Okay so Up-diagonal (or 9) then reset back to 5 and then going to the 6 position which should allow me to airdash pretty quick.

Hm. I guess I just have to put it into some practice.

Its pretty much the optimal way to IAD.

This fuckin' IAD input is killing me man. I know it's just an input to practice like the hop hotaru/tsubaki but, even still.