Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sophisticat

[CPEX] Hakumen Gameplay Discussion

Sometimes you can catch delayed attacks with it but over all it's really like shit. In 1.1 it seems good to bait shit and punish it due to the reduced recovery.

is there ANY point at all to use 6D? it seems like shit

It's there for if you ever feel like being depressed for no reason.

I've mainly used it a couple of times by accident, but it's been okay for catching slow attacks.

Well after an hour or so of frothing at the mouth, desperately trying to complete Hakumen's 29th combo. I've just about had it. Not only that, but I tried to just practice the basic form of his loop.

Just doing something 5C > Kisshu/Enma > j.2C > 2C

so far this link alone is a bitch and half. The time is so strict for both, I can't fucking do it. That and for some reason the stick is a real picky bastard, and doesn't like to let me get Shippu off. So instead of half circle back > 6 > C, it's registering as stopping around 2 or 1. I want to learn the stick, I really do, but golly gee goddamn I can't do this shit for some reason.

Oh, one more thing, I seem to be failing miserably at doing 9 > 2C. It seems that any time the game asks me for rapid movement between opposite sides, it's just a punch in the gut. Because Azrael's TCL input is retarded. 236C > 46C > 6C. Why the 46C?

Honestly, I'm just mad/salty right now, and it will subside, but, there you guys have it.

Use 5B instead of 2C for the loop and it becomes much easier.

Also if you're having trouble with shippu just compensate by going past 4 (63214786C)

2C is possible, you just have to time the first J.2C as low to the ground as possible then link the first 2C.

But yea, 5B is much easier, and you're only giving up about 300 worth of damage.

Yeah, I just gave up on trying to do 2C as it was super inconsistent, 5B just makes it a looooooot easier.

And don't worry about Azrael's rekka input, that just takes a solid amount of practice. I find it easier to do on stick, because the motion feels more fluid, where as on pad my giant thumbs used to input about 700 things at once, so Azrael either did nothing after the Tiger, or just went into 6C.

If you want fun times, try learning Valk's W.Ja brake on pad.

Yeah, I just gave up on trying to do 2C as it was super inconsistent, 5B just makes it a looooooot easier.

And don't worry about Azrael's rekka input, that just takes a solid amount of practice. I find it easier to do on stick, because the motion feels more fluid, where as on pad my giant thumbs used to input about 700 things at once, so Azrael either did nothing after the Tiger, or just went into 6C.

If you want fun times, try learning Valk's W.Ja brake on pad.

tumblr_mz6bdzSege1r2g7mto1_500.jpg

Valk's W. j.A brake is crazy easy... now lol. 

on pad my i have the A mapped to X and C mapped to Circle, so i can slide from C to A during the brake.

welll... let me get back to not posting for months at a time again

I knew I forgot to post about something. I'm not sure if it's already known, but air-to-air CH j.2A > adj.2A can sideswap. It's height dependent, but it's pretty consistent once you get the timing down.

So you can end up with a combo like this:

air-to-air CH j.2A > adj.2A > 5C > 2B > Gurren > iadj.B > j.A > 5C > 5C > Gurren > 6C

I knew I forgot to post about something. I'm not sure if it's already known, but air-to-air CH j.2A > adj.2A can sideswap. It's height dependent, but it's pretty consistent once you get the timing down.

So you can end up with a combo like this:

air-to-air CH j.2A > adj.2A > 5C > 2B > Gurren > iadj.B > j.A > 5C > 5C > Gurren > 6C

I cant seem to get the air dash after the air to air CH j2A,  I just seem to land even if im trying to airdash straight after the CH j2A. Is there

something I should be doing to get it more consistantly?

I

I tend to use it at neutral, although not that often, I find it beats some anti airs like terumis annoying knife slash, it also surprises some people cuz they think ur gonna jump in with j2c.... And u get the CH j2a instead, but I've never comboed off of it until now, Enmas pretty easy to land after the j2a but can't seem to AD after it at the moment...

I cant seem to get the air dash after the air to air CH j2A,  I just seem to land even if im trying to airdash straight after the CH j2A. Is there

I'll upload a video shortly showing how to time it properly. Like I said before, it's height dependent.

When do you guys use j.2A for air to air anyway?

I generally use j.2A as my approach tool now instead of j.B or j.2C. It has big hitbox and is active for a long enough time so that you can preemptively press j.2A while you're air dashing in without being worried about them doing something besides blocking. I don't think I've ever really gotten anti-aired for using it. I also use it sometimes when I'm predicting an IAD by just doing a neutral or forward jump with j.2A.

I'll upload a video shortly showing how to time it properly. Like I said before, it's height dependent.

I generally use j.2A as my approach tool now instead of j.B or j.2C. It has big hitbox and is active for a long enough time so that you can preemptively press j.2A while you're air dashing in without being worried about them doing something besides blocking. I don't think I've ever really gotten anti-aired for using it. I also use it sometimes when I'm predicting an IAD by just doing a neutral or forward jump with j.2A.

Thanks, Omnix and yea j2A has a sick hitbox..

I

You more so use it as a zoning tool in place of j.C at times? I think I used to do that in CT, not that we had any other options at the time.

Also Mac, I remember  you saying that movement is easier for you on stick. I guess it's just my ineptitude and inexperience in using it, but I find myself thrust back into the days when I was trying to figure out how the fuck to do Hakumen's hop specials on the xbox. I was a noble pad (/control stick) warrior at the time, and became quite accostumed to it. It's not as if I'll give up using the stick, but IADs, hop specials....these things...they confound me.

God no, movement is horrible for me on stick. I feel like I am back in CT too.

What I meant was that it's easier to play Hakumen in CP so far (compared to other versions) because his combos demand less movement. Instead of having to do IAD stuff I can just do 3C > Zan and juggle them a bit. But it's still not a substitute since that only works in matchups where they come to you.

Alright well that makes me feel better, I suppose. I basically have all but Hakumen's challenges done but 30.

Goddamned if 28 and 29 weren't a struggle though. Although his combos require less airdashing it requires stricter timing, it seems. Well, I suppose that more concerns his loop. I haven't actually done any online matches, I'm still going through the story to unlock Kagura -_-

Plus I'd be working with a scrubby, college, wireless connection so, y'know *fart*

I found 29 a billion times easier than 28 to be honest, mainly because I was all "fuck loops" at the time. It just comes with practice though.

28 is getting easier with time, sure. Although for some reason when it comes to anything akin to Rekka inputs, it messes with me. Azrael's Cobra Strike (46C) and during the loop I get anxious and don't always jump before moving the stick to a 2 or 3 position in anticipation for j.2C