Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sophisticat

[CPEX] Hakumen Gameplay Discussion

Uggh are there any decent haku-mens players out there on Xbox live, that don't spam 5C and jumpin around all over the place, you look like a tard. I don't find it competitive to play against haku-men players that spam 5C. Is it just me that I don't find it competitive? It's not even a fun haku mirror match. I'm seriously watching this dude jumping around spamming 5C while I'm just standing there.

Leonil's haku-men is nice. Would like to play more against him.

hey guys i was wondering if there are any psn hakumen players that can help me out with mine.

psn: Koopa_Klawz

Talk to sophiticat, word on the street is his haku isn't free anymore.

Uggh are there any decent haku-mens players out there on Xbox live, that don't spam 5C and jumpin around all over the place, you look like a tard. I don't find it competitive to play against haku-men players that spam 5C. Is it just me that I don't find it competitive? It's not even a fun haku mirror match. I'm seriously watching this dude jumping around spamming 5C while I'm just standing there.

Have you checked the arizona community thread in the "community" sub forum?

Won't 623AA pass through a 5C and 6C if timed right?

I also play Haku on XBL GT= mikeomak if you want to friend me.

You can try me. Although it really depends on the lag though.

And the condition of my hands/wrists...

I can try but I'll be spamming j.2C and j.D (just kidding but these are my most probably used moves). Also, like everyone else says, lag just makes me go into idgaf mode and just start going for 4C/3C spamming so as long as we don't have that, I'd like to practice some Haku mirror with you.

hmm found out I'm the last hakumen in my general scene, everyone else dropped him for someone else or just quit bb :(

But it has motivated me to level up my haku game alot more now that winter break is here :)

in short. Hi everyone

Bringing this convo here since it's more appropriate.

A) Open up new Video threads for CS1 and CS2.

B) Wait for me to make them after I'm done exams, and organize and find a way to compile videos of hakumen in CS1 and CS2. So I don't have to go through searching for them. The N.A players to be permitted in the video threads are; Spark, Ryoko, and Qwerty (if he has any).

Only them because it's threads that will be used for refrences. If you guys want a thread where you can place your videos make a..

C) "Critique My Hakumen - Video Thread" for people to place their videos and ask other people how to improve.

Personally, option C I don't really care for that's up to you guys if you want it or not.

I'm not sure we need a "critique" video thread since there are too few who post such vids. I think the lack of traffic in video threads is sufficient reason to post them there anyway.

Why upkeep CS1 vids? They'll be obsolete soon, if they aren't already (JP don't play CS1 anymore).

Well, you don't want to clutter up that thread with 50 pages of netplay stuff if you want to make a thread where you can find all the important videos.

Well, as I said, I'm not sure if the traffic warrants it. There's barely any "critique my Haku" posts as it is. Also, the OP of the CS2 thread could update the post with the relevant vids. It it's well organized and thread structure is tacitly understood by members, then there isn't much of a problem.

Majority of us will be stuck on cs1 that's why I'm making one. And most people breaking into BB will be in cs1. Unless you got some ground breaking info for us Nolan.

Vids could be better structured. And why would there be critique my haku comments if there is no real place for it in the first place.

Make CS1+2 thread

As far as CS1, it'll be US tourny (SPARK SPARK SPARK)

As far as CS2, it'll be JP vids.

.. . imo

hahah, you don't want any of my cs vids. they're a combination of still playing ct hakumen and trolling.

here, in case you still wanted to see them, here's my first time playing cs:

and here's me trolling. :(

Make CS1+2 thread

As far as CS1, it'll be US tourny (SPARK SPARK SPARK)

As far as CS2, it'll be JP vids.

.. . imo

Makes sense. Spark doesn't have enough vids for just cs1 though.

Since he's rarely recorded. It would make sense if there's vids of him playing against everyone in the cast.

OK, cancel qwerty vids, we'll keep your BB rants for improvement purposes though <3

I think we should we start thinking about a CS2 combo thread, eh? We've got plenty of vids to gather info from so far, though stuff is still developing.

I think the format should be a bit different this time around. Instead of going by normal starter, why not make a list of common combo strings and then divide those by how they are affected by normal starter? It would probably end up more efficient than simply repeating the same combo but for sevral different moves.

I think we should we start thinking about a CS2 combo thread, eh? We've got plenty of vids to gather info from so far, though stuff is still developing.

I think the format should be a bit different this time around. Instead of going by normal starter, why not make a list of common combo strings and then divide those by how they are affected by normal starter? It would probably end up more efficient than simply repeating the same combo but for sevral different moves.

I like this idea. :O

Hm, I don't think I quite understand, can you put an example?

Do you mean, like 2A>2B>5A>214A is one common string, or...?

Sorry I'm so dull.

Hakumen's combos operate a bit differently from the rest of the cast because of the way he uses meter. Fact is, the starter doesn't determine that much as to which combo he uses -- it's how many stars he has and what kind of advantage he wants.

So it would be more useful to say which combo strings go into X combo if he has Y stars... an example:

- Haku lands 5c CH. He has 3 stars. His options:

1) Basic enma combo for 3.6k.

2) -> 3c -> gurren -> hop pickup

3) [corner] -> renka -> loop

4) [close to corner] -> renka(1) -> gurren -> 5b -> loop

etc., you see what I mean.

The point here is that the above can also be started by just about any other move of his that isn't 6b... So there isn't much point in listing the normal as a starter. It would be best to go by star count, then list the benefits and why you would use X string. We could then add how each string is affected by a normal with better or worse proration.

I think Mac originally had the idea of going by star use way back when we decided to make the CS1 combo thread. I now see the light of reason and repent. :<

As in 3c 2c 214a instead of 3c 2b 214a? I can't seem to get that to work in any scenario.

Actually, scratch that, I got it to work on a 3c air CH.. :p

And yeah, seconding that "options by stars" sounds more fitting than by combo starter.

Whoops, yeah, forgot a 2b in there. :P

Though in CS2 I believe you do 2c now?

from 5C, if you want to wallbounce with Guren, you have to first pick them up off their feet, but this can only be done by using Renka or Zantetsu.

normal hit 3C is a dead-end, in terms of combos; the 3C has to be a CH for you to link to something else.