Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

Anji Mito: Anji Discussion Thread

I was watching domi vs some potempkin, and domi did double butterfly on almost every chance he got. Was it for sure, did it have great practical use? Most of the time he did double shitsu was when pot was in the corner, had he had to block both shitsu's all the time. (i hope you guys don't mind me asking all these questions)

probably just being flashy

the FRC nagiha combos against wall are decent cause they do more dmg than FB rin, it's just less versatile and takes some timing. personally if I used one I'd go into fujin loop

I saw zidane go into fujin loop from nagiha frcs in some of his old matches. I personally go for a nice air combo from nagiha frcs but i think im going to start going for fujin loop more. That is if the character is worth the effort to be looped.

do you have a standard air combo that leads to knockdown that you can do from nagiha frcs? I like those air combos with the jD into the jH then shitsu but I have difficulty with them personally. ending air combo in orb knockdown sadly doesn't yield good shitsu setup in most cases another thing is that after 236H(delay)-S in corner you don't even need to frc to get small fujin loop on some characters like ky, but you would need to be closer than if you had frced

I actually just do hj combos into orb mostly and then try to grab them after they tech the j.k. Actually a air combo with a J.D, J.h ender would work since you have the right spacing for it.

Is it me or do some characters float higher than others on a delayed nagiha combo?

Couldnt u do hs fujin after the frc, if its buffered?

I was watching an Ang match vs. Ruu (Here), and at 50 seconds he did 5p5p>j.KSD RC IAD J. SHD 214p.

Is that combo good because its on bridget? I always had this bad stigma thinking 5p nerfs the damage on combos or something.

i didn't look at the match but you should never be scared to do a combo if the starter is what worries you, as long as the starter has usefulness. nothing else is exactly like 5P so no matter how bad the dmg scales is no excuse not to use it, you wouldn't use 2K if that was the case cause it scales your combo dmg down horribly the only thing that scales you down a lot mid combo are FB rins or Ons for starters it's 5P, 2P, and 2K dunno about any others

Hmm, so today I was at the arcade and I found out that Anji's P autoguard special gives him OVER HALF A BAR of tension on hit without the need of much increase in tension pulse :yaaay: It caught my attention because Anji's such a tension whore, which is why this just looked so ridiculous. On a side note, would anyone happen to know how tension is actually measured? The frame date says that a connected P special has a tension gain of 7.2 * 8 = 56.6, which, from my observation seems to be a little over half a bar so is the entire tension gauge out of 100? Or is the TG listed as a % for all the moves in the first place? In any case though, P special = happy Anji.

Hmm, so today I was at the arcade and I found out that Anji's P autoguard special gives him OVER HALF A BAR of tension on hit without the need of much increase in tension pulse :yaaay:

It caught my attention because Anji's such a tension whore, which is why this just looked so ridiculous.

On a side note, would anyone happen to know how tension is actually measured? The frame date says that a connected P special has a tension gain of 7.2 * 8 = 56.6, which, from my observation seems to be a little over half a bar so is the entire tension gauge out of 100? Or is the TG listed as a % for all the moves in the first place? In any case though, P special = happy Anji.

Oh, Sorry.

I forgot to mention this.

It's so hard to realize that most of you haven't played the game before in Previous installments. Anji's P Special from Autoguard always gave him almost half bar of tension.

This used to be a really big deal because in Reload and Slash you could RC the 6th hit, land and get K, S, On for the knockdown. It was nice.

I think your best bet in AC is to hope it counterhits, which depends on what you autoguarded, AND gives you knockdown, which depends on screen position and stuff. usually counterhit will knockdown but it's not untechable, just really long untechable time. otherwise take your 40% tension or whatever and piddly damage and be happy

lol really? wtf? i never saw that post before lol anyway chomite posted some stuff from a korean guide a while back and I found something that wasn't specifically mentioned but similar to some other things 5H into 6P is not a gatling, but is faster than it should be. if you don't believe me try it yourself. you can even get it to combo if the 5H was a counterhit. when doing the 5H hold 6 and mash on P like crazy, faster you mash faster it comes out, or so it seems. interruptible like the similar ones but maybe slightly useful and it's kinda nifty.

QUIET, NO TALKING ABOUT ANJI IN THE ANJI FORUM. IT IS FORBIDDEN. Also, lately, I've been finding myself using gatling -> Shitsu a lot more often, since I used to do gatling -> Fuujin a lot. Is there any particular chara that this is a REALLY bad idea against?

Also, lately, I've been finding myself using gatling -> Shitsu a lot more often, since I used to do gatling -> Fuujin a lot.

Is there any particular chara that this is a REALLY bad idea against?

One character immediately off the top of my head is Ky. If you do a gatling -> shitsu most of the time you WILL eat a stun dipper. There are safe situations to do it though, but it's still not recommended, especially at relatively closer distances.

everyone ignored my mostly useless finding!:arg: that was like my first post with any info in months. urgh butterflies in blockstrings are still good against ky but you have to be more careful with them and not do them after certain moves like 2D. so when should you do it? well look in the anji vs ky thread or something...fuck a ho... edit: wow I actually didn't mention it in my post there. uh...hmm :8/:

You can rebutterfly after moves like 2H, 6P, 5H where you'll have the smallest frame disadvantage gap when you special cancel. Ky doesn't have as good options off of Stun Dipper anymore and needs 50% (?) tension to do much. I'd be worried about Sol with Grand Viper and Slayer with BBU. Get predictable with it and you lose half your bar.

well getting hit by stun dipper still sucks cause it shifts the momentum in his favor at the very least sol's grand viper is the worst cause unlike the other two, it actually works as a wakeup reversal to go under shitsu. stun dipper and BBU can't. also sometimes BBU gets hit by shitsu I dunno why

Yeah, BBU goes low profile slower, but if you do the same gatling into butterfly repeatedly and they anticipate (reaction is probly superhuman) you end up eating 250 damage. Tangent! I was playing around with 214K FRC's and jump installing them. It turns out that if you don't super jump TK the move, when you cross-up and FRC you fall facing away from. I spent about an hour doing things like: 5K,JI,5S,214K,FRC... and going WTF?! Why am I not facing them?! So yeah, you need to TK and fast enough that it's a super jump (since normal jumping does not change the way you face when crossing up). I also think that you need the normal before you cancel into TK 214K needs to be jump cancellable or you won't get the super jump property (his was a few weeks back so I can't remember, plus I'm away from my copy of GG... and drunk). Yay minutia!