Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

Anji Mito: Anji Discussion Thread

If they jump back and get caught in the falling shitsu you can run up and use on to catch them while they're blocking. If they don't get caught, well there isn't much you can do. The best is to anticipate and avoid them being able to escape in the first place. So if you know your shitsu setup will be easy to escape this way you can prevent them jumpin by doing 6S right after your shitsu or even HS fuujin. HS fuujin can even catch most character's backdash.

If they jump back and get caught in the falling shitsu you can run up and use on to catch them while they're blocking. If they don't get caught, well there isn't much you can do. The best is to anticipate and avoid them being able to escape in the first place. So if you know your shitsu setup will be easy to escape this way you can prevent them jumpin by doing 6S right after your shitsu or even HS fuujin. HS fuujin can even catch most character's backdash.

Don't forget you can dash forward and on after a shitsu. If they jump, you'll catch them and get another shitsu setup. If it doesn't hit you should be inputting the FRC anyway because the beauty of ON is it will always hit if it's going to and if not the FRC is a frame or so after it would miss. In other words, always put in the FRC when you ON. If the FRC comes out you have time to react and still do a bit of mixup. Including a falling HS which should cross-up if pressed at the right moment. :D

I'm curious, what kind of combos can Anji get off of air hits? I want to start capitalizing on the random jK / jS hits that I've been getting, but I'm not sure where to take it from there.

So what combos are good for anji if you get a poke in but not close enough to do your bnb combos.

Sweep, butterfly, Okizeme

It works with almost all ground pokes (unless you talk about 6S, or hs that can be followed aniway with fuujin)

For air hits, it depends on your height and what move you hit with.

Let's say you hit with a jK, your options are pretty limited to jK, jS, jD but if you're close to the ground you might prefer to finish with jHS instead of jD as it can give you knockdown.

With jS, you should hunt for counter hits. If you're close enough to the ground when you hit, you can land and chain into something like 5P/5S into air combo or even 5P/5S On if you're close enough.

Also for ground pokes, if you hit too far (outside 5HS range to be precise) your options are pretty limited. You can followup 6S CH into S fuujin, nagiha or even Issei Ougi with enough tension. 5HS also works if you're close enough. Same thing for 2S CH. If you want to cancel into 2D however I would recommend caution as it can easily whiff if you're too far. The range is deceptively short in AC, it's a good thing they fixed it in AC+R.

hey 2 questions. 1. does the combo 5k>5s>5h>236h-d>iad>js>jh only work on some characters because i can't seem to do it on everyone. 2. would it be good for me to look at every post on the forum and make a list of all the combos that are for anji.

Not sure about the IAD combo. You should never need to do that though. I'm pretty sure combo>236h-d>2366h>etc should work just about everywhere that a regular 236h after FB rin won't.

Yo I found this corner combo its K>S>HS>236HS>>D>Butterfly. It can be followed up into a reset if you want to go for air grab or 623HS or anything else but I'm wondering how useful this combo is. I'm still a noob anji so I'm looking to see if this will work.

Voluntary resets are generally bad to aim for. You lose out on combo damage to bring yourself into a guessing game of run up 5p 623h (If the opponent neutraltechs and airblocks the bird) or a vertical jump airthrow in case of a forward tech. If the opponent refuses to tech you lose out on everything and can't even do proper oki because your butterfly is still on cooldown, screwing yourself over. That's so much less scary than an actual knockdown into butterfly.

Anji has some interesting resets involving OTG butterfly at the end of a combo that usually work on a certain number of character only. Usually I only use it after a On that puts into the corner but to my knowledge it only works on Faust, Dizzy and Baiken.

Basically it works like this, you end your combo with a corner On, throw out a butterfly right away which hits OTG, if your opponent techs he has to block the followup in the air (some chars can escape by teching forward though) and if he doesn't he hits the followup right on his wakeup. This is very interesting because you can just run up and On if you see him teching or just go into a ground mixup if he just stays on the ground, especially with a red butterfly where you can go with 2S and get an unblockable.

You can also get that setup on more characters with a P kai near the corner (I remember it working on Venom and Eddie this way) but it's obviously harder to set up this way and if you somehow manage to end a combo with P Kai you're gonna lose some damage. It works on even more characters if you do your OTG butterfly after a FB rin but in that case, just as the above poster says, you're basically sacrificing some damage just to do this specific setup, while you could just grab some more significant damage and then go for a regular okizeme.

Hi. I'm new to GG and I decided to pick up Anji. I'm trying to find generic combos but it seems like this section is lacking a thread for it, and the DL wiki has nothing on combos. Can anyone help me out?

You basically have a few basic things. You take some sort of starter (5k,5s. j.s. whatever) and it goes from there into, generally, 3 different enders. These are:

gatling into 2d>butterfly oki

5h>236h>D if you have meter

2d>236s>D if you have meter

If you do the 236x>D then you can finish with a few different things into butterfly oki. Generally you'll finish with 5k>5s>5h>oki or 5k>5s>623h>oki.

I know up to this part as of now, but there has to be some more BnB to know? Are there any good ways to combo after On? is 5A CH AA - On the best combo to go for? All these things I need to learn and whatnot.

On is mostly noteworthy for it's knockdown. If you combo after On, you really want to make sure you're not giving up the knockdown. Post-On combos are character and position specific, and to get another On or 5H knockdown you might need meter or specific positioning, and if you can't get another knockdown it will probably result in more damage to just let it drop and go for Shitsu oki instead.

Against most characters (light&medium) you can link a H Fuujin after On and go from there into the usual ~D or ~K to get another On or 5H, against Potemkin the only way to combo after that I'm aware of is with an iad j.K and getting a shitty j.H knockdown which is not worth it. You're probably gonna get more detailed help with optimal combos if you tell us what character you're fighting against.

I know up to this part as of now, but there has to be some more BnB to know? Are there any good ways to combo after On? is 5A CH AA - On the best combo to go for? All these things I need to learn and whatnot.

If you want more advanced stuff to work on:

2s>3s kara>5s>5h>236h hit confirm

5p>5p>solo JI>generic momentum super double jump air combo

meterless corner starter>236h>S>5p>5p>sj combo into hard kd (I'll work on getting the vid I have off my laptop that has a compilation of these.)

I find myself having some issues with 2S - 3S kara - 5S. I can do 3S kara - 5S no problem though; still haven't put my finger on what I'm doing wrong.

Also, is there a more optimal, intermediate dust combo than D - j.k - j.s - j.p - j.k - j.s - j.214p ?

Also, is there a more optimal, intermediate dust combo than D - j.k - j.s - j.p - j.k - j.s - j.214p ?
5D -> FD j.H -> On.

If you're talking about AC I recommend IAD jS, jHS if close enough to the corner to get a wallstick.

In AC+R you get more options but they are also harder to connect :

- If your opponent is crouching while taking the move go for 5K, 5S, 5HS into classic HS fuujin + FB rin combo.

- However if the opponent is standing the timing for it is extremely tight and nearly impossible to do in a real match situation, so I would recommend starting with 5P instead which makes the link a bit easier. In +R 3S cancels are easier so with some practice you can go 5P, 3S~5S, 5HS into classic HS fuujin + FB rin combo.

Also if you can master the new FRC on the move it makes followups a lot easier, but IMO it's better to master the above links since they basically cost nothing to perform and you need your tension for the following combo.

1-When i do combo to H fujin(enemy wall bounce) K.5P some times the opp tech before the 5P.. why??

2- After 623+H.. when i should do H fujin or 5P.5H..or SJ. S..or simply nothing..??

3- I cannot get wall Hfujin.S.5P Permanently what is the trick ??

I face these different situation on the same character so i don't speak about character specific combos..

1. Your K followup after Fuujin may be performed too late, or you perform your 5P too late after the K followup, or even both. It could also simply be because of the lag if you play online.

2. After On the possibility of a followup or not depends on the weight, sprite size of the character you're fighting and also on your proximity to the corner. For example if your On brings an opponent towards the corner and you are very close, you can followup with pretty much anything. After a on midscreen On you can followup by a HS fuujin right after landing on midweight characters and under (IE everyone except Pot, RK, ABA, Johnny, Order Sol). Be careful though because the possibility of followups after On is dependant on all of those factors, and also on one more which is the number of hits you got before inputting On. The more hits in the combo before On, the less possibilities of followup you'll have. That's also why it's best used as a finishing move, most of the time it's better to just get the knockdown with it and not do any followup unless you only have a few hits (like up to 3) before inputting it.

3. This one is very difficult and character specific so I wouldn't recommend to rely on it in real match. You have to input of the S followup so that it hits the character sprite on the latter frames of the move and/or lift it up high enough for you to followup with 5P right after. So depending on the character it might involve delaying it to some degree or even sometimes doing it ASAP... It's pretty easy to get on Sol for example but a lot of characters have timings that are very unpractical for a real match situation.