Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zidane

[CS1-CSE] Hazama QnA and Tidbits Thread

With IB nerf flying in is much more viable.

Makes sense, I assumed with the lower level on chains it would even out, but early video's have shown otherwise. Good call.

Need some help with this bnb 5B > 3C > 214D~C(2) > (Dash) 5C(2) > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

The area highlight in bold, what does this part of the combo look like? When I do it the snake comes out a little sometimes whiffs and if it connects it pulls me up wards? Am i doing it right? If someone could show me via a video on youtube what it looks like and explain this part of the combo to me im really baffled. Also is it neccesary to dash after the 214D~C2? Thanks

At work, so I can't send you a video right now. basically it looks like a chain is coming out, hits the opponent and disappears, then a second chain comes out, hits the opponent, hazama gets pulled upwards.

ok. Now as to executing it. You don't need to dash after 214D~C(2), you also don't need to have a level 2 214D~C. The dash is there in case you are too far from your opponent. For training it, just start close to the opponent and you won't need it.

To practice it: do just the first part of the combo: 5B > 3C > 214D~C(level 1 or 2) > 5C(1 or 2 hits) > 2C > 4D

Do this until you got it down. note that we are not pressing anything yet after the 4D. Now practice with pressing A AFTER the chain hits the opponent. What you should see is that the chain dissappears a little faster than before. Now practice up until 4D~A > 4D. Once you get that down, add the ~D to move hazama upwards AFTER the chain hits.

Once you have all that down, it gets tricky :). You basically need to get the correct timing to start doing the air combo, not too high, not too low etc.. This takes some getting used to, but after a while you'll be able to get it nearly everytime.

What I'm thinking is happening in your case, is that you are mashing D causing yourself to get swinged upwards immediately, or you are mashing A causing your chain to be cancelled too early. So just wait for the chain to hit, then press the followup button (by which i mean ~A or ~D).

You can also practice by just doing one chain: 5B > 3C > 214D~C(level 1 or 2) > (Dash) 5C(1 or 2 hits) > 2C > 4D~D > j.214B# This also works and if you get this down, you only have to add a 4D~A. Note that if you practice this first, then add the 4D~A later, the timing to start the j.214B# is a little different.

You actually do need the dash in some cases. Off 5B and j.B you'll be able to link two chains together without dashing, but if you want to be able to do it off, say, 2A or 5D starter, you need the dash so the link will work. But yeah, basically you launch, hit them with the chain and retract it, then hit them with the chain again and pull yourself up. The chains have a lot of hitstun so don't rush it, it's actually quite easy once you get the hang of the timing.

One combo I'm curious about:

Backthrow > 236236B > (Adjust) 214D~C > 5C > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B# *50 Heat*

Damage: ~4087

How do I "adjust"? Haz is off-screen at that point in the combo (on the ground while the opponent is high in the air), so I could only really measure my movement by taps of the stick.

to adjust just Dash, imo its really simple to just dash but if the positioning feels odd you can just step forward in some case and it'll still work just fine. Preference really

Didn't see this posted in the combo thread, so...

FC 214D~B(2), 6D~A, 6D~D, j.Cx5, (land) 4D~A, 4D~D, 623D, dash 2B, 5C, 2C, 4D~D, j.B, j.Cx2, j.Cx5, j.214B. 3.8k damage

FC 214D~B(2), 6D~A, 6D~D, j.Cx5, (land) 4D~A, 4D~D, 623D, dash 5C, 2C, 4D~A, 4D~D, j.B, j.Cx2, j.Cx5, j.214B. 4.1k damage

forward throw, 6D~D, j.Cx5, (land) 4D~A, 4D~D, 623D, dash 2B, 5C, #j.214B.

In any of these, the first hit of the first j.Cx5 set must whiff, otherwise the other 4 won't connect properly. Haven't gotten this to work on Tager because of how damn big he is, ironically.

EDIT: Double 6D possible on the FCs; editted accordingly.

Looking at this combo:

5B > 3C > 214D~C(2) > (Dash) 5C(2) > 2C > 4D~A > 623D

Does this mean that I do two Devouring Fangs in succession? I can do that, but it ends up blue-beat. It also places the opponent slightly behind me.

Also, I've seen numerous references to "Hotenjin" - which English move name is that equivalent to?

The 214D~C(2) is referring to Level 2 of that move aka when Haz glows when he does it.

And Houtenjin is 236236B aka Rapture but no one calls it that.

CS1 Question:

Can someone give me some decent blockstrings I can use to keep the pressure on?

So far all I really use is just 2A > 5B > 3C > 214D~A

and that is not very good at all.

CS1 Question:

Can someone give me some decent blockstrings I can use to keep the pressure on?

So far all I really use is just 2A > 5B > 3C > 214D~A

and that is not very good at all.

Don't be shy to use your other normals! Try to mix it up, your opponents usually get used to that one (which is basically every newbie's typical blockstring).

Here is a few ones, to give you a few ideas, they aren't rock solid and can get you poked out of them, so do it wisely:

1)2A > 5B > 5C > JC IAD (jump cancel instant airdash) > j.2C > [filler]

2)2A > 5B > 214D~A

3)2A > 5B > 5C > JC backward > j.6D > [filler]

4)2A > 5B > wait > 5B > [filler]

5)5B > 5C > 3C > [filler]

6)5C > HJC forward (crossup) > airdash backward > j.B/j.2C > [filler]

BBCS2 will be more flexible with the added gatlings though, shit's gonna get reaaal!

Might already be known. I posted about it in the wrong thread before... epic;failure

I was messing around in training mode and happened to notice that Hazama's taunt changes when he's matched against Ragna. This version of his taunt lasts for a much shorter time frame than the regular-- so being the troll dedicated member of the community that I am, I decided to test it with some rapid cancel commands to see if it could safely be used in a match. The only real *combo* I've got it to work with is after Jayoku Houtenjin.

1) Jayoku Houtenjin > Rapid Cancel > Taunt > Follow-up.

100% Heat for something situational, but if you're about to win the match and have the heat to spare, why not? The easiest guaranteed methods to follow-up after the taunt are:

1)Forward dash > 5C > 2C > 4D > 4D > [air string]

2)Forward dash > 5B > 2C > 4D > 4D > [air string]

3)Forward dash > 214D~C > 5C > 2C > 4D > 4D > [air string]

4)Forward dash > 5B > 214D~B [Decent if you want to try and read them with a Hungry Coils]

And for other silly purposes. Taunting + Grabbing at the same time results in Hazama laughing while performing his throw.

Might already be known. I posted about it in the wrong thread before... epic;failure

I was messing around in training mode and happened to notice that Hazama's taunt changes when he's matched against Ragna. This version of his taunt lasts for a much shorter time frame than the regular-- so being the troll dedicated member of the community that I am, I decided to test it with some rapid cancel commands to see if it could safely be used in a match. The only real *combo* I've got it to work with is after Jayoku Houtenjin.

1) Jayoku Houtenjin > Rapid Cancel > Taunt > Follow-up.

100% Heat for something situational, but if you're about to win the match and have the heat to spare, why not? The easiest guaranteed methods to follow-up after the taunt are:

1)Forward dash > 5C > 2C > 4D > 4D > [air string]

2)Forward dash > 5B > 2C > 4D > 4D > [air string]

3)Forward dash > 214D~C > 5C > 2C > 4D > 4D > [air string]

4)Forward dash > 5B > 214D~B [Decent if you want to try and read them with a Hungry Coils]

And for other silly purposes. Taunting + Grabbing at the same time results in Hazama laughing while performing his throw.

by far I think this is more important to haz than learning bnb's. good shit xD

How does the 214B in air combo ender combo? Mine only knock them down to the ground.

Also why does it say (dash) 5C in the BnB, when normal 5C seem to work? And what are the (2) in red representing?

edit: OK i realised your supposed to mash jC after the 4D -D in the BnB. Why does it not say that in the combo notation in the combo thread? Weird. ANyway i'm mashing the shit outta jC but it doesn't go long enough. Am i supposed to dj C after a while then end it with 214B? Thanks guys.

How does the 214B in air combo ender combo? Mine only knock them down to the ground.

edit: OK i realised your supposed to mash jC after the 4D -D in the BnB. Why does it not say that in the combo notation in the combo thread? Weird. ANyway i'm mashing the shit outta jC but it doesn't go long enough. Am i supposed to dj C after a while then end it with 214B? Thanks guys.

j.214B# = j.Cx5 > jump cancel > j.Cx5 > j.214B

Since it's repeated so often in many of CS1 Haz's combos people they decided to shorten it into j.214B# so as not having to type j.Cx5 > jump cancel > j.Cx5 > j.214B out every single time.

And as you can see above you do 5 jumping C's, then double jump and perform another 5 jumping C's, after that you finish it off with a jumping 214B.

If you do it correctly, it should look like this.

Also why does it say (dash) 5C in the BnB, when normal 5C seem to work? And what are the (2) in red representing?

5C hits 2 times, but you can cancel the 5C after the first hit. 5C(2) simply means you let both hits hit your opponent before you continue with the combo.

You dash 5C in certain combos to make sure you don't drop certain combos. Sometimes if you hit the enemy at around max reach of your 3C and scoop them in with 214D~C the 5C might miss entirely.

This can also happen if you start a combo with 5C and let both hits hit the opponent at around 5C's max reach, which might lead to 3C hitting at max reach and you dropping the combo unless you dash in and then perform your 5C.

The dash 5C is a bit tricky, so if you want to reduce the amount of times you need to dash 5C you can let the initial 5C only hit once (lessening the pushback) or you can perform this combo instead (usually):

5C(2) > 3C > 214D~C > 5C(2) > jump forward > j.Cx5 > land > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

Oh kk thanks. So you dash cancel the 3C? If you are a bit far for the combo to reach?

ANd oh sweet i get that BnB now. Any tips on landing the combo ender it seems hard as. Or should i just practice more lol.

Is that combo you gave me the better BnB?

edit: Oh yeah and that makes a hella lot of sense with the 214B# notation.

Oh kk thanks. So you dash cancel the 3C? If you are a bit far for the combo to reach?

ANd oh sweet i get that BnB now. Any tips on landing the combo ender it seems hard as. Or should i just practice more lol.

Is that combo you gave me the better BnB?

edit: Oh yeah and that makes a hella lot of sense with the 214B# notation.

Relaunch BnB only works off 5B, 5C, 3C, or Zaneiga starters. It does slightly less damage than a double 4D link but you build more meter. Incidentally, even if 5C will reach normally, you should still try to dash in after anything > 5B 3C Zaneiga so that double chain link is guaranteed. Otherwise the link only works off j.B, j.2C, and 5B/5C/3C starters.

And I had trouble with the j.C jump cancel too, until I found out that the easiest way to do it is to just mash j.C nonstop while you do the jump cancel. Of course you have to count the hits too and make sure to JC immediately on the 5th hit.

Oh kk mashing has def helped but still hard cos i suck lol. My finger getting real sore too haha. Had to pick up Hazama ay.

5C(2) > 3C > 214D~C > 5C(2) > jump forward > j.Cx5 > land > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

Is that bold part a typo or a char specific combo? i can't seem to get the 4D~D after it if i get the 4D~A.

thanks for the help.

edit: I realised why my j.214B# was so shit even after mashing. I had to get at that perfect position. The positioning is quite strict. Damn just when i though this guy was easy lol..

edit edit: KK it's actually starting to get easier. It's just the mashing that pissing me off.

It'll get easier through time. Hazama's combos are all about positioning, not strict timing. Once you get used to it, his combos are relatively easy compared to most of the cast. His difficulty comes in his awkward movement and playstyle, that most people can't adjust to.

Anyways, that 4D~A shouldn't be there. It only works if you go directly from 5C > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D

If you choose to relaunch, by doing a j.C x 5 in the middle of the combo. Only use 4D~D after that. Good luck picking him up.

Yes, Eclipse is right, the 4D~A shouldn't be there. I was tired when I typed that and I always do combos with chain reps in them, so it kinda naturally flowed in there. Sorry about that.

Oh yer no problem bro. It's getting easier for sure. Not 100% yet but close, thanks.

How do you's time the eternal coils of the dragon serpent after the coil chain? I get it sometimes by fluke. Have'nt got a 100% answer to it though.

Also, in this combo 5C > 3C > 214D~C > 5C > 2C > 6D~A > 4D~A > 623D > (Back Jump) j.6D~D > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

I'm having trouble with the bold part. The j.6D never connect. Also i saw on a vid where he jump foward not back. Either way i still can't get it to work??? ANy suggestions what i'm doing wrong? I'm trying it on Taokaka one of the chars it works on..

Also, in this combo 5C > 3C > 214D~C > 5C > 2C > 6D~A > 4D~A > 623D > (Back Jump) j.6D~D > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

try it out on tager first. for me, taokaka is the hardest to pull this combo off.

delay your 623D for like 0.5-1.0 second, which should be stated in the combo. this will allow the opponent to be released from the 4D~A hitstun, raising them higher so you can have more time to connect the j.6D~D. if you're having problems connecting the delayed 623D, give yourself some space before 5C at the beginning